Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:13:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Blacks Don't Scream "M.F.-er" During Dinner Out; O'Reilly Shocked
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blacks Don't Scream "M.F.-er" During Dinner Out; O'Reilly Shocked  (Read 6269 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 09:14:15 AM »

The racism-term is being so watered down today Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2007, 09:02:49 PM »

his comments were taken out of context.

but since people hate this guy so much, many are very quick to judge without taking a look at all the facts.

but you people play right into his hands. everyone talks about him all the time. and who is on his show tonight? jesse jackson. great publicity for the show. 

give me a freaking break - what facts? who in white America thinks black restaurants are like a Ludacris video?  the ignorance of O'Reilly and his comments is baffling.

your comments however, are quite naive. do you honestly believe there are NOT white people with negative views of black culture, black neighborhoods, and black people themselves?Huh??

negative views? of course.  there will always be ignorant racists in the world.

do those same racists think that EVERY black person looks like and acts like an extra in a dr. dre or ludacris video?  That they're screaming and cursing at each other while ordering iced tea?  please.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »

How so?? He was expecting a restraunt to be ghetto, because of its location.... It wasnt and he was suprised.. Profiling if you ask me....

wrong. he was not expecting that. if you heard the full clip you would realize that. hence the term "out of context".

if that WAS his point, his job would probably be in danger.

Enlighten me then... What was his point???

he was criticizing white america for being racist.

his point was that white americans who don't know or interact with blacks, are swayed by negative images of blacks on TV. and that is wrong.

and that white america needs to understand black neighborhoods are similar to Little Italy and other neighborhoods.

O'Reilly is exactly the kind of white person you just described!!!  His comments show exactly how out of touch he is.  the morons who think black neighborhoods are crime infested with constant drive bys and "gangsta's" hanging out on every corner are just as ignorant as O'reilly.  who exactly do you think he was enlightening here.  do you honestly think there were people listening to Bill O's babbling saying to themselves "wait, blacks don't scream mother fucker in restaurant when they order a drink!?!?  no way!!!!" 

"I couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks, primarily black patronship.

...There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea.' ...You know, I mean, everybody was -- it was like going into an Italian restaurant in an all-white suburb in the sense of people were sitting there, and they were ordering and having fun. And there wasn't any kind of craziness at all."

"couldn't get over the fact"  "it was exactly the same, even though it was run by blacks"!!!  WOW!!!   Roll Eyes

imagine....black people sitting down and ordering and just having fun...with NO craziness!!!  its just MIND BLOWING!!!   Roll Eyes

honestly reading those comments, you have to laugh at what a fucking retard Bill-O is.  rofl

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2007, 07:10:31 AM »

i dont think the comments by the semselves are racist, but they are terribly condeescending and indicative of someone who has very little understanding of what he's talking about.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2007, 09:57:12 AM »

i dont think the comments by the semselves are racist, but they are terribly condeescending and indicative of someone who has very little understanding of what he's talking about.

agreed - i wouldn't put him in the same boat as the KKK, far from it, but his comments were just so mind blowingly stupid/ignorant and out of touch with the way real people think.

for someone who gets paid to talk, his choice of words was just ridiculous.

JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2007, 12:09:25 PM »

? ? Honestly while not a big fan of O'Reilly, I think his words were out of taken out of context with the way it was viewed by thoughs who either dislike him or dislike his politics.? He is out of touch with regular people because he doesn't have hang around them anymore, not unlike the Rev. Al Sharpton they just need a bigger audience.? In the early 80's, Rev. Al was often seen hanging around midtown eateries and bars to get to know people in the media so he can create who he is now.? I'm not sure if the big "O's" words weren't a plug for the restaraunt as well?? The place doen't have just black people eating there.? There are a mix of regulars.? Oh and guess what, white people have been moving back to Harlem over the last five years.? There are many new buildings and many new faces of all races around.? Again I will view O'Reilly and Rev. Al media seekers with different views but the same agenda and that is more viewers and seekers of attention period.  Many people have done just that by making this such a big deal.  O'Factor and Rev. Al are probably laughing over it at some coffee house.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2007, 07:39:34 PM »

Honestly while not a big fan of O'Reilly, I think his words were out of taken out of context with the way it was viewed by thoughs who either dislike him or dislike his politics.  He is out of touch with regular people because he doesn't have hang around them anymore, not unlike the Rev. Al Sharpton they just need a bigger audience.  In the early 80's, Rev. Al was often seen hanging around midtown eateries and bars to get to know people in the media so he can create who he is now.  I'm not sure if the big "O's" words weren't a plug for the restaraunt as well?  The place doen't have just black people eating there.  There are a mix of regulars.  Oh and guess what, white people have been moving back to Harlem over the last five years.  There are many new buildings and many new faces of all races around.  Again I will view O'Reilly and Rev. Al media seekers with different views but the same agenda and that is more viewers and seekers of attention period.  Many people have done just that by making this such a big deal.  O'Factor and Rev. Al are probably laughing over it at some coffee house.

I think those are fair assessments.  I just can't believe that someone in the ultra PC world of television would think these are comments that wouldn't be, at the least, controversial.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2007, 08:28:07 PM »

it's almost as if some people don't understand what "out of context" means.

if you heard the entire discussion, you would see that there was nothing racist said. and you would actually understand o'reilly's point.

if he said those things and actually meant that HE was surprised, than that would be racist and he would probably lose his job.

the fact that no one is even suggesting o'reilly be suspended or fired, is evidence that he actually said nothing wrong, or insensitive. because in today's society, you are punished even for just being ignorant.

this whole thing started because a left wing media organization tried to make him look bad, and the main stream media went right along with it. sound biased???

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2007, 09:33:41 PM »

How about Chris Rock and his "white cracker" comments? Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2007, 05:08:10 AM »

... this whole thing started because a left wing media organization tried to make him look bad, ...

It doesn't take much to make that asshole look bad.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Count Fluffy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2007, 12:52:42 AM »

In context, Bill was trying to (in his own way) to show that there is no difference between white restaurants and black-owned restaurants.  I'll give him that.  He was merely trying to point out to some bigoted people here that they are wrong in what they think.

Nevertheless, there would be nothing wrong with Bill apologizing only to those who took sincere offense at his comments, which anyone could agree come off with bad taste at the very least.  Personally, having to "prove" the reputation of a black-owned restaurant purely by white standards is one of the many racist constructs in the U.S. 

When someone uses a racial slur, it's bigotry.  To me, bigotry is personal, while racism is the way a society is ingrained with a structure that promotes one race over others.  Racism is a social problem, when a society views an entire race as more troublesome, or less able to run or dine at a fine restaurant, for instance.  What Bill said (and I don't think he meant to do this) was to further the idea that what is white is ideal: the standard all strive for.

The story still developing in Jena, Louisiana makes a good example.  Hanging nooses in that tree is a stupid act by bigoted kids.  You'll never erase bigotry from any population, but by letting them off easy shows that, as a society, we value less the punishment of white kids insinuating threats of death to black students.  On the other hand, a white kid gets beat up (and those responsible should face some punishment, although the kid wasn't hurt that bad) by black kids and we throw the book at them.  Thus, our society is how it functions: we value different levels of  punishment on the basis of race, which is clearly a racist allocation of values.

I believe attacking Bill too much over this conversation is missing the point: we know he meant different, the real enemy is the language, belief structure, etc. in our society that leads to the racist structure that still exists.

The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2007, 01:41:08 AM »

but since people hate this guy so much, many are very quick to judge without taking a look at all the facts.

but you people play right into his hands. everyone talks about him all the time. and who is on his show tonight? jesse jackson. great publicity for the show.

again, the comments were taken out of context. if you listened to the full 2 minutes of what he was saying, you'd see his comments were not racist or ignorant.

Of course his comments were taken out of context, to some extent.  And I'll agree that his "M.F.-er" comment was the most blatantly so.  But the entire thing wasn't taken out of context.  His comment that blacks are "starting to think more and more for themselves" wasn't taken out of context, and it seems to imply that blacks haven't been thinking for themselves since...well, I'm not sure WHEN he thinks they went into their great thinking hibernation.  And he says this: "I couldn't get over the fact that there wasn't any difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant."  When he says those words, he wasn't referring to anyone else's perception of black America, but his own.  Now, is it that big of a deal?  Not really.  Ignorance and racism are two different things.  He shouldn't be fired for it or anything like that. 

Anyway, for anyone else who wants to try to be "fair and balanced" here is the full audio:

http://clips.mediamatters.org/static/audio/oreilly-20070919-race.mp3

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: