Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:16:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Blacks Don't Scream "M.F.-er" During Dinner Out; O'Reilly Shocked
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blacks Don't Scream "M.F.-er" During Dinner Out; O'Reilly Shocked  (Read 6276 times)
freedom78
Legend

« on: September 25, 2007, 09:10:40 PM »

Liberal group blasts O?Reilly?s racial comment
Radio, TV host notes lack of ?craziness? in famed Harlem restaurant

NEW YORK - After eating dinner at a famed Harlem restaurant recently, Fox News Channel?s Bill O?Reilly told a radio audience he ?couldn?t get over the fact? that there was no difference between the black-run Sylvia?s and other restaurants.

?It was like going into an Italian restaurant in an all-white suburb in the sense of people were sitting there, and they were ordering and having fun,? he said. ?And there wasn?t any kind of craziness at all.?

O?Reilly said his fellow patrons were tremendously respectful as he ate dinner with civil rights activist Al Sharpton.

The comments were made during O?Reilly?s nationally syndicated radio broadcast last week. The liberal media watchdog Media Matters for America called attention to them by distributing a transcript and audio clip on the Internet.

?This is nothing more than left-wing outlets stirring up false racism accusations for ratings,? said Bill Shine, senior vice president for programming at Fox News Channel. ?It?s sad.?

O?Reilly spoke during a general discussion about racial relations with Fox News analyst Juan Williams. O?Reilly said he believed black Americans were ?starting to think more and more for themselves? and backing away from a race-based culture encouraged by Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

He said he treated Sharpton to dinner to thank him for appearing on his Fox News Channel show.

Mark of racial progress?
O?Reilly pointed to the lack of difference between Sylvia?s and other restaurants as a marker of racial progress. He also noted that he went to an Anita Baker concert recently where the audience was evenly mixed between blacks and whites.

?The band was excellent, but they were dressed in tuxedoes, and this is what white America doesn?t know, particularly people who don?t have a lot of interaction with black Americans,? he said. ?They think the culture is dominated by Twista, Ludacris and Snoop Dogg.?

Williams concurred that too many people believe there?s little else in black culture beyond profane rap.

?That?s right,? O?Reilly said. ?There wasn?t one person in Sylvia?s who was screaming, ?M.F.-er, I want more iced tea.?

Sharpton said he was taken aback that anyone would be surprised at how blacks acted at Sylvia?s and will ask O?Reilly on ?The O?Reilly Factor? Wednesday to explain what he meant. Nothing O?Reilly said at the dinner was offensive, said Sharpton spokeswoman Rachel Noerdlinger.

Karl Frisch, a spokesman for Media Matters, called O?Reilly?s comments ?ignorant and racially charged.?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20979043/

rofl
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 10:45:36 PM by freedom78 » Logged

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 09:35:52 PM »

This just blows my mind.  You really have to wonder if people like O'Reily ever talk with regular people.  This is the best part:

and this is what white America doesn?t know, particularly people who don?t have a lot of interaction with black Americans,? he said. ?They think the culture is dominated by Twista, Ludacris and Snoop Dogg.?

Um, no we don't...YOU do.  hes the one who is out of touch. 

Whats even funnier is people actually listen to this douche bag and think he makes good points  rofl

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 06:57:29 AM »

What an ignorant fool he is ... it is no wonder he makes "The Worst Person In America" list so often on Oberman's show.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 07:11:00 AM »

Why do people like this guy continue to make comments like this, everytime they do they get burned

He was trying to be postive, and thats the sad part... He didnt even realize he was being condescending   Roll Eyes

What a douche..
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 01:51:50 PM »

Doesn't everyone yell that out while dining?

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
CSS
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 02:17:51 PM »

Doesn't everyone yell that out while dining?

Where do you dine when you're out? Tongue
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 02:34:03 PM »

Where ever they serve Beef Jerky, Oregano and what ever kind of spaghetti your avatar is! HA HA beer

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 08:35:18 PM »

bill said nothing wrong,   he's never been to a resturaunt in harlem- and was surprised when things did'nt go the way he thought they might.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 08:45:19 PM »

bill said nothing wrong,   he's never been to a resturaunt in harlem- and was surprised when things did'nt go the way he thought they might.

rofl  Too funny. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 12:04:48 AM »

Good point.
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 12:53:35 AM »

bill said nothing wrong,? ?he's never been to a resturaunt in harlem- and was surprised when things did'nt go the way he thought they might.

let's use this analogy.? i'm from the south.? let's say someone said "i just visited west virginia and i was shocked that the people were not in-bred mental defects who have sex with their relatives and rape water-rafting tourists (yes, i'm referencing Deliverance)."? ?The point here would be that person is saying "This is what I think of THOSE people." So, I question why O"Reilly felt the need to say anything.? How was his comment relavant, and the answer is it isn't.? ?

And regarding this--- "O?Reilly said he believed black Americans were ?starting to think more and more for themselves? and backing away from a race-based culture encouraged by Sharpton and Jesse Jackson" --- let's look at what's happening right now in Jena Louisiana and we can see racism is alive and well in this country and is not the product of African-Americans continuing to endulge in a "race-based culture."?

My point is ignorance like this in and of itself is offensive.? Also, one more point...? Bill O'Reilly is a public figure in his fifties and this? is the first time he's ever sat amongst a predominantly black gathering??? I wonder why that is.....? ?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 07:57:22 AM »

his comments were taken out of context.

but since people hate this guy so much, many are very quick to judge without taking a look at all the facts.

but you people play right into his hands. everyone talks about him all the time. and who is on his show tonight? jesse jackson. great publicity for the show. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 10:34:33 AM »

No spin zone..?  I want ratings zone? Ah Yeah!

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 04:24:52 PM »

but since people hate this guy so much, many are very quick to judge without taking a look at all the facts.

but you people play right into his hands. everyone talks about him all the time. and who is on his show tonight? jesse jackson. great publicity for the show. 

give me a freaking break - what facts? who in white America thinks black restaurants are like a Ludacris video?  the ignorance of O'Reilly and his comments is baffling.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 06:16:24 AM »

How so?? He was expecting a restraunt to be ghetto, because of its location.... It wasnt and he was suprised.. Profiling if you ask me....
sandman
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2007, 07:48:54 AM »

but you people play right into his hands. everyone talks about him all the time. and who is on his show tonight? jesse jackson. great publicity for the show.?

give me a freaking break - what facts? who in white America thinks black restaurants are like a Ludacris video?? the ignorance of O'Reilly and his comments is baffling.

the facts as in what he actually said.

again, the comments were taken out of context. if you listened to the full 2 minutes of what he was saying, you'd see his comments were not racist or ignorant.

your comments however, are quite naive. do you honestly believe there are NOT white people with negative views of black culture, black neighborhoods, and black people themselves?Huh??

sandman
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2007, 07:52:09 AM »

How so?? He was expecting a restraunt to be ghetto, because of its location.... It wasnt and he was suprised.. Profiling if you ask me....

wrong. he was not expecting that. if you heard the full clip you would realize that. hence the term "out of context".

if that WAS his point, his job would probably be in danger.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 08:00:22 AM »

wrong. he was not expecting that. if you heard the full clip you would realize that. hence the term "out of context".

Enlighten me then... What was his point???
GeraldFord
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 08:03:54 AM »

hihi hihi hihi

Rightttttttttttt.

O'Reilly is a douche and a tool.

Just watch Outfoxed for details.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 09:11:33 AM »

Enlighten me then... What was his point???

he was criticizing white america for being racist.

his point was that white americans who don't know or interact with blacks, are swayed by negative images of blacks on TV. and that is wrong.

and that white america needs to understand black neighborhoods are similar to Little Italy and other neighborhoods.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: