Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:22:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Supreme Court to Weigh in On Lethal Injection
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Supreme Court to Weigh in On Lethal Injection  (Read 4609 times)
freedom78
Legend

« on: September 25, 2007, 12:17:04 PM »

High court to mull legality of lethal injections
Kentucky cases could affect how inmates are executed across U.S.

WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Tuesday agreed to consider the constitutionality of lethal injections in a case that could affect the way inmates are executed around the country.

The high court will hear a challenge from two inmates on death row in Kentucky ? Ralph Baze and Thomas Clyde Bowling Jr. ? who sued Kentucky in 2004, claiming lethal injection amounts to cruel and unusual punishment.

Baze has been scheduled for execution Tuesday night, but the Kentucky Supreme Court halted the proceedings earlier this month.

The court has previously made it easier for death row inmates to contest the lethal injections used across the country for executions.

But until Tuesday, the justices had never agreed to consider the fundamental question of whether the mix of drugs used in Kentucky and elsewhere violates the Eighth Amendment?s ban on cruel and unusual punishment.

Baze and Bowling say the procedure inflicts unnecessary pain and suffering on the inmate.

2004 lawsuit
The two inmates sued in 2004 and a trial was held the following spring. A state judge upheld the use of lethal injection and the Kentucky Supreme Court affirmed that decision. The appeal taken up Tuesday stems from that decision.

?This is probably one of the most important cases in decades as it relates to the death penalty,? said David Barron, the public defender who represents Baze and Bowling.

U.S. District Judge Aleta Trauger ruled last week that the Tennessee?s method of lethal injection is unconstitutional and ordered the state not to execute a death row inmate. The state is still deciding whether to appeal the judge?s ruling, but agreed to stop a pending execution.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 01:17:10 PM »

the procedure inflicts unnecessary pain and suffering on the inmate.
KIlling a human being is never defended, peridod. It isn't humane ways to take someone's life with force.?
Sad countries as Irak and USA still practises death penalty.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 01:22:36 PM »

lol - cant wait for the Supreme Court to rule that lethal injection is a HUMANE punishment!

They should end the death penalty now, any judgement in favour of the death penalty makes them accesories to murder

Quick! To the bandwagon!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 01:28:26 PM »

The death penalty in this country is slowly fading away.  Illinois and Florida placed voluntary moratoriums on capital punishment in the last few years, and other states have done so at the direction of their judiciaries.  Of course, Bush still wants to execute retarded children, so who knows.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 04:37:37 PM »

Thomas Clyde Bowling walked up to a car at 06:00 one morning just before daylight; sitting inside were a young man, his wife, and their young child. They were just about to open their family's Dry-Cleaning business for the day. He was seeking revenge for his and his family's arrest for drug crimes after his family's activity was reported to police. He then proceeded to open fire killing the man and his wife, and shot their two year old son. Ed and Tina Early died that day. Their two year old son recovered. Generally, I'm against capital punishment, but if anyone desevered it, it is this contemptable piece of shit.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 04:43:34 PM »

Capitol punishment is irreversible. That's reason enough it shouldn't be allowed.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 04:53:00 PM »

Capitol punishment is irreversible. That's reason enough it shouldn't be allowed.

um, so is muder.

anyone that takes a life doesn't deserve to have their own. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 05:05:25 PM »

um, so is muder.

And you want to commit another one without being sure the person is guilty?

So....that makes for one hell of a list I'd say. The whole administrations in all the worlds countries for starters.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 05:52:28 PM »

For me it isn't a question of what someone "deserves."  Murderers are bad people.  Duh. 

I'm just against a state killing its people.  Slippery slope, and all that.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 06:26:53 PM »

i say fuck all those expensive poisons and bring back ol' sparky............ watch'em twitch

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 06:37:44 PM »

I think lethal injection is more humane than 'Ol Sparky. When our pets become too old and feeble to go on we give them a lethal injection.

If we decide to eliminate the death penalty, we will have to build more prisons that no one wants next to their house with taxpayer money or let certain criminals out early because of overcrowding. There is no easy answer, you can't just do away with the death penalty without planning for it.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 07:03:37 PM »

um, so is muder.

And you want to commit another one without being sure the person is guilty?

So....that makes for one hell of a list I'd say. The whole administrations in all the worlds countries for starters.

its a fine line, but there is a distinction between killing and murder.  Killing in a time of war (even a made up bullshit one) is different than a rape/kidnap/torture/murder.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 07:52:54 PM »

If we decide to eliminate the death penalty, we will have to build more prisons that no one wants next to their house with taxpayer money or let certain criminals out early because of overcrowding. There is no easy answer, you can't just do away with the death penalty without planning for it.

Yeah...thank God that no one gets released early now, what with the death penalty and all.   rofl

There were 53 executions in 2006, and there have been about 1100 since it was reinstated in 1976.  Compared to the number of incarcerated individuals, that's literally about as inconsequential as you can get.  Death row inmates have almost nothing to do with prison overcrowding, and executions do almost nothing to ease the problem (in fact, you might be able to argue that they do, in fact, do nothing, as death row inmates are kept separate in many prisons, and an execution doesn't mean a free cell for Bob the petty thief).

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 10:50:52 PM »

If you knowingly and willingly take another life,however malicious , you should be prepared to lose your own in return...not saying it is a perfect system or world but don't you think that even the most sordid and evil of people are basically selfish and given the choice of life or death that they would choose life? therefore it could be the most basic of deterrent? The amount of tax dollars going to house these dispicable characters is astronomical...but I suppose the argument will always continue, two wrongs do not make a right.. Undecided

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 06:00:41 AM »

If you knowingly and willingly take another life,however malicious
Like you seem to support now... Roll Eyes

Killing people is wrong, only people that should sterilise themself supports murder.
hope to see the cruelty ends peace

Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 05:25:07 PM »

Killing people is wrong, only people that should sterilise themself supports murder.
as to you quoting me, I haven't a clue what you are trying to say...in fact, do you know me well enough personally to make any assumptions regarding what I believe? and for the record, I am for Capital Punishment,always have been, always will.Clear enough?

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 06:05:05 PM »

For me it isn't a question of what someone "deserves."  Murderers are bad people.  Duh. 

I'm just against a state killing its people.  Slippery slope, and all that.

Indeed.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 06:06:30 PM »

Killing in a time of war (even a made up bullshit one) is different than a rape/kidnap/torture/murder.

Why?  Because it is self-defense?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 06:48:19 AM »

its a fine line, but there is a distinction between killing and murder.  Killing in a time of war (even a made up bullshit one) is different than a rape/kidnap/torture/murder.

Only in our minds.

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 08:57:10 AM »

as to you quoting me, I haven't a clue what you are trying to say...?
People that supports murder, death penalty, killing other human beings are evil, bloodhungry, dispicable scum that should never have children.
Clear enough? Tongue

Sad to see counties still practises this, they're all the same shit that stoned the 19 YO irakish girl do death. Undecided

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: