Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:40:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bach says he sings on new GNR tune
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bach says he sings on new GNR tune  (Read 12410 times)
Bubba St. Rose
Headliner

Jim Norton is my dad. O&A Party Rocks!

« on: September 20, 2007, 12:01:56 PM »

This is from an article from timesunion.com, website for albany times union in New York that came out Sept. 20, 2007.
Bach says he sings on a GNR song called "Sorry"

LINK: http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=623466&category=ARTS&newsdate=9/20/2007

By  GREG HAYMES, Staff writer
Albany Times Union

"The album is finished, and it (expletive deleted) rocks, let me tell ya. It's just awesome. The songs are (same expletive deleted) great, and I can't wait for you to hear it."

Former Skid Row singer Sebastian Bach is on the phone raving about his upcoming solo album, "Angel Down," his first since his solo debut in 1999 with "Bring 'Em Bach Alive."

But Bach -- who rolls into the Altamont Fairgrounds on Saturday as the headbanging headliner for the daylong Edgefest -- isn't just raving about his own work. He's also raving about a special guest who appears on the album. Of course, it's not just any special guest -- it's Guns 'N Roses frontman Axl Rose.

"I can't (same one as above deleted) believe it. I just can't (again) believe that Axl (ditto) Rose is singing on my record. Not just one song, either. He's singing on three songs, dude. He's the best. He's just the best.

"The thing about Axl is that he's a (and again) genius. I've heard 'Chinese Democracy' " -- the long overdue Guns 'N Roses comeback album -- "and it rocks, dude. In fact, I sing on one of the songs, 'Sorry.' He's so prolific, dude, that he's recorded enough material for at least three albums, and it's all (encore) awesome. It has the rawness and the power of 'Appetite For Destruction,' but it also has the grandiosity of 'November Rain.' It's just (if he keeps saying it, we'll keep deleting it) awesome."

Opie and Anthony XM Satellite Radio 202 High Voltage Spread the Virus
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 12:03:50 PM »

Thanks man.  It's that last comment describing the music that I find most intriguing.

Ali
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 12:17:36 PM »

thanks!  He said he sang on "Sorry" before ,lets cross our fingers hopping to hear news from GnR soon  peace

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 12:22:33 PM »

This is old news... can a mod merge this with one of the many topics that already contains this info?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 12:24:47 PM »

Sebastian is the only person of the GNR camp that sounds optimistic about the future.

He already said he sings in ''Sorry'' and the ''stuff for three albums'' thing was said before also.

But anyway it was a great read. Thanks for posting  ok

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 12:27:11 PM »

I like this part the best: "It has the rawness and the power of 'Appetite For Destruction,' but it also has the grandiosity of 'November Rain"

that bolded part especially puts a smile on my face..
suicide
VIP

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 12:30:35 PM »

Bach is the only one who dares to say anything about Chinese Democracy (the album). It's a good thing he's around!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 12:41:16 PM »

I like this part the best: "It has the rawness and the power of 'Appetite For Destruction,' but it also has the grandiosity of 'November Rain"

I can feel that rawness and that power in ''Chinese Democracy'' and in some parts of ''Better''.

No need to say that songs like ''The Blues'', ''Madagasacar'' and specially ''TWAT'' have the kind of grandiosity of ''November Rain''

Anyway, I'm not expecting the album to sound like any of those old albums. I want Guns N' Roses to do something new, to surprise me, to sound fresh. I have had enough of flat bands, bands that try to emulate the sound of the past glorious times and fail miserably.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 12:50:08 PM »

I can feel that rawness and that power in ''Chinese Democracy'' and in some parts of ''Better''.

Anyway, I'm not expecting the album to sound like any of those old albums. I want Guns N' Roses to do something new, to surprise me, to sound fresh. I have had enough of flat bands, bands that try to emulate the sound of the past glorious times and fail miserably.

I don't say i can't hear that "raw-part" in CD and better, but most songs that we've heard yet has been more to the NR-direction then the AFD/rocker direction.. and i'm glad we'll get some more fucking rockers yes  Wink
robw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 01:00:53 PM »

Chinese Democracy fucking rocks.....its fantastic but doesnt come close to Catcher In The Rye or TWAT.

I'm new here so if i've mentioned anything i shouldn't then i apologise.
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 02:08:42 PM »

Baz is making buzz about his album thanks to Axl participation... Great opportunity for him  ok But sad as same time
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 02:10:30 PM »

Why is it Sebastian can say so much about Chinese Democracy, when the actual band members behind the new music can't/don't/won't comment. Are they not allowed to, or is it simply they do not want to? Huh

this is the 2nd time I have posted this message. Why was it removed in the first place?

gagging order, stupidity, meglomania.....pick one, although think all three are the reason...

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 02:52:11 PM »

if he keeps sayin it, we'll keep deletin it...now where have i heard that before! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! ahem. sorry. only jokin!  hihi peace ok beer

I would'nt do that if I were you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 02:58:08 PM »

Why is it Sebastian can say so much about Chinese Democracy, when the actual band members behind the new music can't/don't/won't comment. Are they not allowed to, or is it simply they do not want to  Huh

this is the 2nd time I have posted this message. Why was it removed in the first place?

gagging order, stupidity, meglomania.....pick one, although think all three are the reason...

Stupidity on your part?

It makes perfect sense for the band members not to talk about things that aren't set in stone.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 03:06:22 PM »

Good News i would think Comeing From Bach!!!

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 03:15:44 PM »

I've developed "Pavlovs reflex" to "chinese democracy" over the years.
every time I hear any of the members/band friends mention it, I get a little bit more enthused.
to bad nobody but Bach mentions it anymore. Even Ron calls it "the album" most of the times Sad

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 03:17:55 PM »

Why is it Sebastian can say so much about Chinese Democracy, when the actual band members behind the new music can't/don't/won't comment. Are they not allowed to, or is it simply they do not want to? Huh

Stupidity on your part?

It makes perfect sense for the band members not to talk about things that aren't set in stone.

/jarmo

not on my part no..... confused

on whoever order this gagging of band members.....

no one in the band is allowed to fart without permision from a higher place it would seem.

im not asking for any info should say, like a release date, or anything "set in stone" as you say.

but something like, "on the next tour...", or "after the record is out....." or "me an axl had a blast doing....." would be nice.

none of this ever happens!!!!1

it seems that talk of anything where axl is involved is completely taboo for everyone. the only person who is allowed to wildly speculate is Axl.

yet he gaggs the rest in case they get fans hopes up, or start a rumour inadvertantly, when in truth he is the worst for it.

talk about pot calling the kettle black

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 03:41:36 PM »

You don't even have any idea what you're talking about.

Do you?

You just assume things.

Speculate, assume, twist words around and whine.

Add that under "hobbies" in your CV.

"On the next tour"..... Only problem is, we don't even have an announced tour to look forward to.

GN'R never was about giving updates for the sake of giving updates.

When there's some real news, we'll hear about it.

Baz is talking because he's excited about his album and working with Axl.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 03:55:20 PM »

Yeah, they will give news when there is news.  Bach is excited about singing with Axl.  Can't you understand this?  He speaks about it because he is EXCITED.  He is singing.  Singing with Axl.  He is engaging in melodic song with Mr. Rose.  And the silence is apart of all this.  It is more complex than we know. 

If I just type about a thousand more messages like these - I'll be right backstange with Jarmy boy next tour.  We will be arm-and-arm, me and Jarmo!  You and I will sing together, like Sebastian and Axl (only new GNR songs of course!)  ok peace

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 04:15:58 PM »

If I just type about a thousand more messages like these - I'll be right backstange with Jarmy boy next tour.  We will be arm-and-arm, me and Jarmo!  You and I will sing together, like Sebastian and Axl (only new GNR songs of course!)  ok peace

Why do you think I want to go "backstange" with you on the next Gary Glitter tour in Philadelphia?

Sorry, not interested on going on a date with you.

You silly cheese steak eating sailor you!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 04:17:53 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: