Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 06:29:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The same car on a bigger road - A Bumblefoot interview
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The same car on a bigger road - A Bumblefoot interview  (Read 11378 times)
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 02:34:34 AM »

If an album release was right around the corner I don't think Bumblefoots answer about CD would be similar to what Axl said about holding your breath for Jesus back in 2002.  Another long wait is ahead.... Cry
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 03:31:51 AM »

Cracking read! Nice to see the dude has such a great outlook on life! The band seem like a very happy one and good friends too!! I dont see why some people have seen the part about the album release as negative. It will happen when it's time to happen! Just chill and enjoy life until that moment!

Mike

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 03:35:13 AM »

Thank you very much to the person who conducted the interview, and all of you guys for making it available on HTGTH for us.

It was a really nice read yes

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 04:33:45 AM »

Thank you very much to the person who conducted the interview, and all of you guys for making it available on HTGTH for us.

It was a really nice read yes

+1

A compelling read.  great stuff.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 05:04:37 AM »

If an album release was right around the corner I don't think Bumblefoots answer about CD would be similar to what Axl said about holding your breath for Jesus back in 2002.  Another long wait is ahead.... Cry

stop overanalyzing shit man.  no where does it say theres a long wait ahead.   dont read too much into it, its just a fun interview for BBF and GnR fans.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 05:31:01 AM »

? " I?m trying to think about, what are some cool bands that are out there? I like My Chemical Romance. They write great songs and put on a great show. "

I can come out of the closet now...I like My Chemical Romance too!!? Thanks Ron! rofl rofl

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2007, 06:46:41 AM »

Cool interview!  Smiley

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2007, 07:57:14 AM »

that was a great read, thanks to Mikkel - good work!  Ron sounds such a nice guy and I love that he enjoys playing so much - it really comes across in the live shows.  ok
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2007, 08:27:02 AM »

"you can?t spend time wishing for something else, when it?s not possible." If we're gonna analyse, analyse this!

anyway, thanks to all concerned!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 10:16:42 AM by AL1978 » Logged

I would'nt do that if I were you.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2007, 08:29:03 AM »

great interview,for me it is the best Ron Thal interview
BenDixon
Opening Act

Los Paranoias

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2007, 08:37:22 AM »

This was a good read. Thanks for posting.

Don't overanalyze everything. The release won't take place any sooner if you do anyway.

?I grew up in Europe, where history comes from.?
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2007, 08:42:15 AM »

Playing with Izzy

So, how did it feel playing with Izzy, who?s kind of a bridge between the two eras of Guns N? Roses?

one of the last shows that we were doing together, we were backstage and we were working out a song ? ?The Devil Went Down To Georgia?. It?s a southern song from the late 70?s, and it has this really fast violin stuff in it, and we worked it out. I was doing the violin part, and he was strumming the chords.

Wow, that'd be fun to hear, especially if Axl was singing. 

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2007, 08:51:50 AM »

Why was my post deleted? I don't think i realy said anything negative???

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2007, 09:01:07 AM »

thanks very much mikkel. jarmo and Ron Smiley

"you can?t spend time wishing for something else, when it?s not possible." If we're gonna analyse, analyse this!

hihi yeah thought abouit that too
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2007, 09:05:01 AM »

Wow, there can't be that many people who like MCR and Manowar.  Hmm...the thought of Guns doing a live cover of Power of thy Sword is strangley alluring...no leather speedos, though.  None.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2007, 09:11:14 AM »

?The Devil Went Down To Georgia?. It?s a southern song from the late 70?s, and it has this really fast violin stuff in it, and we worked it out. I was doing the violin part, and he was strumming the chords. It was cool...

Cool interview. I love that guys like Ron and Izzy know and appreciate SO much different music. I would've never thought of Izzy Stradlin playing on something like "Devil Went Down To Georgia"!

PS.....If anyone's interested, check out a country band named Emerson Drive's cover of "Devil Went Down To Georgia" it's bad ass. They go ahead and find a way to work in a bit of "Kashmir" by Led Zep in it!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2007, 10:33:18 AM »

thanks for the good interview! Ron is a great guy!! peace

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2007, 10:53:00 AM »

These are the types of interviews that should be featured about the new band. If the world is going to respect the "new" lineup, then learning more about them, and not just the new album, is a solid way to go.

My hat is off to Mikkel, and of course the J-man for posting it here.

Thanks guys.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2007, 11:06:09 AM »

Do you have a story of how you became a member of the band?
- Actually, I got an e-mail from Joe Satriani saying ?Listen, I just recommended you to Guns. They?re looking for a guitar player ? so if they get in touch, just so you know, it?s not somebody playing a joke on you or anything.? I was like, ?alright, cool.? And Chris Pitman e-mailed me this funny e-mail, I gave him a call, we talked for a while, and he was a great guy. Started talking to management, and everything looked like it was on track. And then some Internet rumors came out that sort of delayed the process, haha.
So we do have the power to speed things up or slow things down?!? Maybe if we'd ask very nicely for a certain album to come out...

Seriously, why would rumors delay the process if they're just seen as rumors? And why would GN'R mind these rumors if they were true?

Thanks for the interview, nice read, nice guy! I still hope we'll hear some of Buckethead's work on the album aswell though, since he co-wrote many of the tracks.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2007, 11:09:24 AM »

Do you have a story of how you became a member of the band?
- Actually, I got an e-mail from Joe Satriani saying ?Listen, I just recommended you to Guns. They?re looking for a guitar player ? so if they get in touch, just so you know, it?s not somebody playing a joke on you or anything.? I was like, ?alright, cool.? And Chris Pitman e-mailed me this funny e-mail, I gave him a call, we talked for a while, and he was a great guy. Started talking to management, and everything looked like it was on track. And then some Internet rumors came out that sort of delayed the process, haha.
So we do have the power to speed things up or slow things down?!? Maybe if we'd ask very nicely for a certain album to come out...

Seriously, why would rumors delay the process if they're just seen as rumors? And why would GN'R mind these rumors if they were true?

Thanks for the interview, nice read, nice guy! I still hope we'll hear some of Buckethead's work on the album aswell though, since he co-wrote many of the tracks.

well its fairly well documented nowadays. "they" aparently did mind! god knows why, its not like slash came back, or hammet left metallica, or brian may was the guy. bit of an anticlimax after all the mystery. not that i mind now, i think he's great.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: