Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 12:34:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  My list of "7 Great Unknown GN'R Songs"
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: My list of "7 Great Unknown GN'R Songs"  (Read 9230 times)
TheRaven
Rocker

« on: September 17, 2007, 10:13:20 PM »

For those interested, I wrote a new article at WickedInfo.com entitled "7 Great Unknown Guns N' Roses Songs." I stayed away from demos and bootlegs and just went for great songs that most casual fans don't know. I'm sure many will disagree with some of my choices, but that's what's great about Gn'R; they have so many great songs that it's impossible for everyone to agree. The link to the article is: http://www.wickedinfo.com/content/view/174/1/

Steve
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 10:20:41 PM »

hmm not bad man but when you said "unknown" songs i thought you were talkin' about songs like Crash Diet and Shadow of your love. But i do agree with you on Coma, its a song thats genious and never got the attension and respect a good song should get. But thats probably because most people don't like songs in excess of 10 minutes and they'd have to bleep out the good parts on the radio, But still its a GREAT SONG DAMNIT. Glad to see it got some good feedback and maybe you will inspire people more people to get the UYI's if they don't allready Smiley

as for Civil War and Rocket Queen, i think most people know those songs pretty well imo.

peace
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 10:23:45 PM by CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually » Logged

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 10:49:04 PM »

actually those are my fav 7 GNR songs crazy!  ok
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 12:45:41 AM »

Great list beer Thanks for someone finally giving props to "Back Off Bitch." But hey, what about "Breakdown"?
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 01:38:58 PM »

nice 1, ye breakdown is also the don!

civil war does not have a video though does it?Huh?

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 01:46:08 PM »

No, it does not.

Good to see Rocket Queen get a mention. ok

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
TWAT RULES
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 07:04:54 PM »

nice list.....rocket queen, coma, and locomotive are probably my 3 favorite gn'r tunes.  i think estranged and civil war are pretty well known though.....i probably would have went with something like bad obsession, nightrain, 14 years, dust n' bones, rocket queen, locomotive, and coma!  it's hard to make just 7 cause pretty much everything gn'r has ever released is unbelievable
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 08:05:05 PM »

I can't get the link to open...I'd love to read it and comment, but it isn't working for me.  Can someone list the 7 songs that the article is about?

hellfirecan
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 08:11:52 PM »

Maybe not an "official" one, but years ago up here in Canada, MuchMusic used to play a Civil War video taken from the Tokyo show.

TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 08:23:15 PM »

I can't get the link to open...I'd love to read it and comment, but it isn't working for me.? Can someone list the 7 songs that the article is about?
Try it again, it was probably just a hiccup with the webhost.
hellfirecan
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 08:41:25 PM »

yeah it worked this time...thanks

Just my comments on your choices...

Rocket Queen- Have to admit when I first bought AFD when it first came out, I was in grade 6 and I thought the sex sounds in the background were the coolest things ever.  It is a great song, but most GnR fans know and appreciate this song.

Don't Damn Me- I love this song and it was one of my favourites from the beginning when I first listened to UYI1.  The "Sometimes I want to kill, sometimes I want to die, sometimes I want..."  is one of my favourite Axl type rants. 

Locomotive- I enjoy this song...there aren't many songs that I don't enjoy off the first four albums (actually only My World and So Fine ever get skipped)...but it is a weaker song in my opinion compared to others on this list.

Coma- I love this song.  I remember listening to it over and over when I was a kid, reading the liner notes, and memorizing this song  I think this song and Civil War are some of Axl's best vocals ever recorded.  He is amazing on this song...and I think one of his best solo writing credits. 

Estranged- I love the song, but the video...er...not so much.  The music and lyrics to this song are amazing.  I just can't get past the dolphins in the video...

Civil War- As I mentioned in Coma, one of Axl's strongest vocal performances ever recorded.  I wish this video had a proper video as it deserved one.

Back Off Bitch- Another great song.  Nothing really stands out for me, but a great solid song.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 08:46:53 PM »

You can't put Civil War here, because most people DO in fact know it, and who sings it

Back off Bitch is the only one I would take issue with. I liked it when the Illusions first came out for personal reasons, but when I try to listen to it now, it's one of the weakest songs they've recorded in my opinion
Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 09:50:12 PM »

You can't put Civil War here, because most people DO in fact know it, and who sings it

Back off Bitch is the only one I would take issue with. I liked it when the Illusions first came out for personal reasons, but when I try to listen to it now, it's one of the weakest songs they've recorded in my opinion

Although Civil War did get radio play, and was included on the Greatest Hits, I've found that many casual fans really do not know the song, let alone who it is by. Maybe it's just because no radio station around me plays it *shrugs* However I have to disagree with him mentioning the same about Don't Cry, as near everyone I know that knows more than just Jungle/SCOM/Paradise City knows Don't Cry/November Rain/Patience.

I've never really loved BoB, I mean it has attitude, no doubt, but in the end it's never really stuck with me or anything. Actually one of the weaker songs IMO.

I agree that Breakdown should have been #7
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 10:19:27 PM »

For those interested, I wrote a new article at WickedInfo.com entitled "7 Great Unknown Guns N' Roses Songs." I stayed away from demos and bootlegs and just went for great songs that most casual fans don't know. I'm sure many will disagree with some of my choices, but that's what's great about Gn'R; they have so many great songs that it's impossible for everyone to agree. The link to the article is: http://www.wickedinfo.com/content/view/174/1/

Steve

What a terrible list.  These are all known songs to a certain extent.  However to put this list on a diehard fan board is a complete waste of post.   Put this post on the casual fan board.  God do we need a single or at least some news.  This site is growing board and inactive.

Dont eat cheese after midnight
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2007, 10:38:20 PM »

Steve

What a terrible list.? These are all known songs to a certain extent.? However to put this list on a diehard fan board is a complete waste of post.? ?Put this post on the casual fan board.? God do we need a single or at least some news.? This site is growing board and inactive.

You should switch to de-caf there buddy

He clearly stated " For those interested " before you chose to click on his list, give the guy a break
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 10:40:53 PM »

Steve

What a terrible list.? These are all known songs to a certain extent.? However to put this list on a diehard fan board is a complete waste of post.? ?Put this post on the casual fan board.? God do we need a single or at least some news.? This site is growing board and inactive.
Easy there killer. ?Just trying to spark some discussion, nothing wrong with that. ?"Rocket Queen" is my favorite song, so I definitely agree with that one. ?I too would have "Breakdown" on the list, probably in place of "Back Off Bitch". ?Also a big fan of "Dead Horse" and "Bad Apples". ?Probably would've replace "Civil War" and "Estranged". ?I think those songs are pretty well known.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 10:58:12 PM »

yeah it worked this time...thanks

Just my comments on your choices...

Rocket Queen- Have to admit when I first bought AFD when it first came out, I was in grade 6 and I thought the sex sounds in the background were the coolest things ever.  It is a great song, but most GnR fans know and appreciate this song.

Don't Damn Me- I love this song and it was one of my favourites from the beginning when I first listened to UYI1.  The "Sometimes I want to kill, sometimes I want to die, sometimes I want..."  is one of my favourite Axl type rants. 

Locomotive- I enjoy this song...there aren't many songs that I don't enjoy off the first four albums (actually only My World and So Fine ever get skipped)...but it is a weaker song in my opinion compared to others on this list.

Coma- I love this song.  I remember listening to it over and over when I was a kid, reading the liner notes, and memorizing this song  I think this song and Civil War are some of Axl's best vocals ever recorded.  He is amazing on this song...and I think one of his best solo writing credits. 

Estranged- I love the song, but the video...er...not so much.  The music and lyrics to this song are amazing.  I just can't get past the dolphins in the video...

Civil War- As I mentioned in Coma, one of Axl's strongest vocal performances ever recorded.  I wish this video had a proper video as it deserved one.

Back Off Bitch- Another great song.  Nothing really stands out for me, but a great solid song.

Actually ( it was buggin the hell outta me ) Slash and Axl wrote Coma. All the songs kick ass IMO I love Back Off Bitch and Dont Damn Me
hellfirecan
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 11:14:36 PM »

Slash wrote the music and as far as I know, Axl wrote the lyrics alone.  That is what I meant by my comment...sorry if I wasn't clearer  peace

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 12:28:16 AM »

Slash wrote the music and as far as I know, Axl wrote the lyrics alone.  That is what I meant by my comment...sorry if I wasn't clearer  peace

I doubt that since the credits are usually for the lyrics alone , im sure slash probably threw a line in or two we all know Axl wrote most of it I just had to point that out lol.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 12:39:35 AM »

I doubt that since the credits are usually for the lyrics alone , im sure slash probably threw a line in or two we all know Axl wrote most of it I just had to point that out lol.

quit being so damn sensitive yo
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: