Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:51:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  HANOI ROCKS Frontman Talks GUNS N' ROSES
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: HANOI ROCKS Frontman Talks GUNS N' ROSES  (Read 10671 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2007, 10:08:05 AM »

People say things "in the heat of the moment" that they didn't mean, and that they regret later ... God knows I have.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
makkonen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2007, 10:41:36 AM »

Well, if i remember correct Hanoi Rocks was touring England when GN?R played in Helsinki 2006.
I also wanted  Mike to join the band atleast on encores.

"Japan incident"...HR was VERY dissappointed when they was told to play in smaller arena.
Ofcourse they were pissed. I don?t know if Uncle Axl had nothing to do with that thing.
But it was HR-guitarist (at that time),Costello Hautam?ki and someone else (not Mike or Andy) who said that GN`R was boring liveact and something about guitarsounds or guitarists were also mentioned.
But again, they were bitter.

So, as a finnish dude myself, i can confirm that we get a LOT of information about Mike and Andy even if we don?t want to.
They were the only rockstars in Finland in 80?s and 90?s (well, you can count Ville Valo of H.I.M. nowadays in).
So whatever they do, we know about it rofl
I don?t mind cause i like the old Hanoi stuff, new stuff is ok, but old is better. IMO.
And 97% of all interviews they (Mike and Andy) talk positive things about GN?R and Axl.
So, calm down people.
97% of all interviews they don?t talk so positively about M?tley Crue and Vince (or Nikki sometimes)  rofl
So they know good rock band when they see one  beer

"peace"

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2007, 10:51:15 AM »

makkonen, that's all I was trying to say beer But didn't know it was Costello who talked about Gn'R's stage presence though.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2007, 11:26:05 AM »

Quote from: Beef Jerky link=topic=48800.msg998361#msg998361
But he's also being a hypocrite by calling Guns N' Roses a bunch of "hired guns" when he does the exact same thing himself.

Well, I'd say exact same thing would be Axl & Izzy still in GNR. Or Axl & Slash. Or maybe all three would be more like it. Hanoi has always been Andy & Mike.

Kaasu can disagree if he wants? Grin
gnr has always been about axl and his vision

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2007, 11:51:22 AM »

yknow, mike was on alot of drugs in his youth people do have strange tendencies from being fucked up off them maybe he has a short temper because of it.

either way, the 80s hanoi rocks are the shit and there five albums they made, especially mystery city, are awesome.

html sucks
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2007, 01:35:11 PM »

"Japan incident"...HR was VERY dissappointed when they was told to play in smaller arena.
Ofcourse they were pissed. I don?t know if Uncle Axl had nothing to do with that thing.
But it was HR-guitarist (at that time),Costello Hautam?ki and someone else (not Mike or Andy) who said that GN`R was boring liveact and something about guitarsounds or guitarists were also mentioned.

Is the 2004 blabbermouth article false? It says
"HANOI ROCKS frontman Michael Monroe has spoken to Rock Rage about his previous friendship with GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose and his opinion of Rose's current band........"

People say things "in the heat of the moment" that they didn't mean, and that they regret later ... God knows I have.
the comments about the 2002 festival were made in 2004 when the heat seemed to be on in the GNR world.

@ kaasupoltin and makkonen,
Next time you see him speak highly of GN'R of today, please post it, will you?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 01:37:43 PM by ppbebe » Logged
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2007, 01:45:01 PM »

@ kaasupoltin and makkonen,
Next time you see him speak highly of GN'R of today, please post it, will you?

I just don't have a need to do that. I know what I'm talking about, you can do some research yourself..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2007, 02:02:30 PM »

I think ppbebe just asked nicely because everyone would be interested in a GNR mention. No need to be rude.

kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2007, 02:22:24 PM »

I think ppbebe just asked nicely because everyone would be interested in a GNR mention. No need to be rude.

I wasn't rude on purpose, so sorry for that. But usually when Mike or Andy are interviewed and asked about Gn'R/Axl, they just say the same thing and it isn't usually that interesting. They are not "big news". Maybe it's different here in Finland 'cause as makkonen said, it's impossible to not to see their faces in media here.

BEEP.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2007, 02:42:19 PM »

I wasn't rude on purpose, so sorry for that. But usually when Mike or Andy are interviewed and asked about Gn'R/Axl, they just say the same thing and it isn't usually that interesting. They are not "big news". Maybe it's different here in Finland 'cause as makkonen said, it's impossible to not to see their faces in media here.

Read my line again. I said I want to hear it when they say something nice about the current band. Something relevant and not the same old story. Like voodoo said, a fan would like to hear.

You needn't to be so over defensive.
CSS
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2007, 02:43:11 PM »

He said that he didn't mean it like that...

Do we have to fight? Tongue
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2007, 03:21:14 PM »

Read my line again. I said I want to hear it when they say something nice about the current band. Something relevant and not the same old story. Like voodoo said, a fan would like to hear.

You needn't to be so over defensive.

Well as I said: they usually talk about the same things when asked about Gn'R.. they do say nice things and blaablaablaah. If you're judging Mike because of this interview, be my guest hihi Btw. this thread is going nowhere..

BEEP.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2007, 03:34:47 PM »

that's why I'm asking you to share it if you see they compliment current GNR in the future.

Not everyone here lives in finland or speaks finnish you know.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2007, 03:54:20 PM »

I just posted this interview because he had some positive things to say about Axl...but I guess there is a lot of history. peace

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
rckn
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2007, 04:55:16 AM »

HR has released three great records, GNR none same time. Big difference.
There is no bad blood between these bands, no contacts, you know...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2007, 05:06:40 PM »

I just posted this interview because he had some positive things to say about Axl...but I guess there is a lot of history. peace

Funky it's just nice of you and there's no objection whatsoever to your posting it.

You wouldn't have thought it would make 3 pages, would you? hihi
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2007, 01:46:27 AM »

this is off topic , but like makkonen wrote something about HIM , im wondering how is HIM  treated in Finland? are they treated like a rock group? pop rock?

i had the chanse to interview Ville Vallo ones here in Mexico, he was nice .
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2007, 05:01:17 AM »

this is off topic , but like makkonen wrote something about HIM , im wondering how is HIM  treated in Finland? are they treated like a rock group? pop rock?

i had the chanse to interview Ville Vallo ones here in Mexico, he was nice .

As a rock band, definitely. And they are much appreciated in the media too..

BEEP.
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2007, 09:26:10 AM »

Is there the same general appreciation for bands like Ensiferum, Turisas and Korpiklaani?  Bands like those make me want to move to Finland...

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2007, 09:27:30 AM »

They don't have anything to do with GN'R.

Use the PM feature or take it to Bad Obsession. Thanks.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: