Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:10:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 344839 times)
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1040 on: September 14, 2007, 07:00:53 PM »

apparantly a Fan started a petition to Keep crue going. and is gonna show it to Nikki sixx.

so lets sign ok

http://www.petitiononline.com/MFC666/petition.html

hell ya i'll sign it Cheesy..................if i didn't have to pay too Roll Eyes

seriously i would but i don't have paypal Undecided

You dont have to pay. its FREE. i signed it like 5 times!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1041 on: September 14, 2007, 10:55:53 PM »

Hey, how is Mick doing these days?

I think Zig Zag and I saw the same documentary in which Mick had to get his hip replaced just to be able to go out and tour again.

Don't worry guys, Tommy will come back in a few years.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1042 on: September 14, 2007, 11:41:58 PM »

An employee of Club Stereo in Southampton, New York where former M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee DJed on August 31, 2007 told the New York Post that "[Tommy] loves [DJing]. He's not going to be in a band again. He's totally focused on being a DJ now. He's totally devoted and hasn't talked about anything else."

Tommy's had more changes of direction than he has tattoos.  I'm not saying he'll play again, but the fact that he isn't right now doesn't mean shit about him doing it in the future.

Great drummer, but a total moron, imho of course.
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1043 on: September 14, 2007, 11:47:57 PM »

Pretty sure when his money starts running out he while come back.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1044 on: September 15, 2007, 12:18:55 AM »

meh, i say screw tommy lee. he was never 100% into it to begin with. if he wants to be a Full-time DJ, let him.

Crue should get someone like Josh freese, or even Brain(since he aint doin anything) and move on.

Tommys a good drummer, but hes overrated. theres tons of other drummers who could take his place
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1045 on: September 15, 2007, 01:48:40 AM »

An employee of Club Stereo in Southampton, New York where former M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee DJed on August 31, 2007 told the New York Post that "[Tommy] loves [DJing]. He's not going to be in a band again. He's totally focused on being a DJ now. He's totally devoted and hasn't talked about anything else."

Tommy's had more changes of direction than he has tattoos.  I'm not saying he'll play again, but the fact that he isn't right now doesn't mean shit about him doing it in the future.

Great drummer, but a total moron, imho of course.
You don't even know the guy and you're calling him a moron.? Roll Eyes 

Anyway, Tommy said he would like to stay in the band.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1046 on: September 15, 2007, 04:48:25 AM »

You don't even know the guy and you're calling him a moron.? Roll Eyes 

You don't, and you are saying he is not?

hihi
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1047 on: September 15, 2007, 12:42:30 PM »

Motley is on hiatus and will be for awhile with Nikki doing Sixx AM and Vince may do his long in the works solo album. By the time Motley gets around to becoming active again, Tommy may be more into it.

Tommy is at least being smart about not cutting ties with it, he knows he can never do shows by himself like he can do with the Crue.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1048 on: September 15, 2007, 12:44:00 PM »

Honestly, I wouldn't be into Crue as much if they diddn't have Tommy. I've always liked the influences he brings to the band and his drumming style.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1049 on: September 15, 2007, 12:50:39 PM »

Honestly, I wouldn't be into Crue as much if they diddn't have Tommy. I've always liked the influences he brings to the band and his drumming style.

I love the original crue period , its funny because while Mars and Lee are very talented and what not Vince and Nikki are sub par , but Sixx makes up for it in his amazing writing skills. Vince is not the greatest singer , hell live is a little scary but I just can't see them with another guy!  beer
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1050 on: September 15, 2007, 01:23:44 PM »

Motley is on hiatus and will be for awhile with Nikki doing Sixx AM and Vince may do his long in the works solo album. By the time Motley gets around to becoming active again, Tommy may be more into it.

Tommy is at least being smart about not cutting ties with it, he knows he can never do shows by himself like he can do with the Crue.

Nikki sixx/mick mars were supposed to start working on Demos for the new Crue this fall. and do a new cd next year. they werent supposed to be on hiatus
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1051 on: September 15, 2007, 01:40:26 PM »

I remember during the Carnival Of Sins Tour (/Red White and Crue Tour) they were saying they were going to go right into working on the album. I think they were saying they were going to the studio in May way back in '06! That would have been a great time for them to do it, while they were still riding on the reunion tour's success.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1052 on: September 15, 2007, 02:20:07 PM »

Honestly, with that type of success/cash flow, I could not imagine much motivation to make new stuff. I know I would not.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1053 on: September 15, 2007, 04:04:23 PM »

My favorite stuff is off of "too fast for love"

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1054 on: September 15, 2007, 08:24:16 PM »

I love the original crue period , its funny because while Mars and Lee are very talented and what not Vince and Nikki are sub par , but Sixx makes up for it in his amazing writing skills. Vince is not the greatest singer , hell live is a little scary but I just can't see them with another guy!? beer
This coming from a Nirvana and NIN fan. Roll Eyes

Nothing about Nikki's writing ability is sub-par.  Trent's on the other hand. nervous
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 08:28:16 PM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #1055 on: September 15, 2007, 08:31:57 PM »

I love the original crue period , its funny because while Mars and Lee are very talented and what not Vince and Nikki are sub par , but Sixx makes up for it in his amazing writing skills. Vince is not the greatest singer , hell live is a little scary but I just can't see them with another guy!  beer
This coming from a Nirvana and NIN fan. Roll Eyes

Nothing about Nikki's writing ability is sub-par.  Trent's on the other hand. nervous

read what he said, nikki is a sub par bassist, but makes up for it with amazing writing skills.

and trent is on a level which motley crue could never comprehend.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1056 on: September 16, 2007, 10:44:41 AM »

and trent is on a level which motley crue could never comprehend.

Yeah.  Crue play musical instruments, Trent plays pots n' pans and synthesizers and shit.  hihi

Kidding, of course.  I like them both, but to compare an 80s hair metal band to an enduring industrial act...well, there aren't a lot of easy points of comparison.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #1057 on: September 16, 2007, 11:07:52 AM »

I liked New Tattoo, but the weak spot were the lyrics...really, really bad...even by Crue standards...

That's what put  me off the album-the lyrics suck!,but after a few listens i got past that and realised it's not a bad album.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1058 on: September 16, 2007, 12:07:20 PM »

Vince is not the greatest singer
Not quite, but after laying the wicked vocals he did on Shout At The Devil he became untouchable beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1059 on: September 19, 2007, 05:18:42 AM »

imo- no one can replace tommy lee,  sure hes a total douche bag- poser- woman beating-friends with a backstreetboy- dummy..  but he is a wicked good drummer, plus- he's a great showman-  he did that crazy rolling cage solo back in the day- when i saw them a couple years ago he flew up about 40feet - and flew back and forth between 2 sets of drums for his solo.   and this is what?? his 5th time quitting the band..  we all know he will come back--

and in this thread about motley crue-  who here has not read "The Dirt" ? 
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: