Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:40:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 344868 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1020 on: September 13, 2007, 08:32:44 AM »

they did it before back in 94 when vince left.
And learned? Tongue
I think Nikki at least stated after the reunion that Motley won't go on without all originals.
Nikki was a great songwriter back in the day, but he hasn't written a hit song since 1991.
New tattoo album is a great piece of music, punched in the teeth for example but I guess it just wasn't relevant music at the time peace
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:34:59 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1021 on: September 13, 2007, 09:13:46 AM »

they did it before back in 94 when vince left.
And learned? Tongue
I think Nikki at least stated after the reunion that Motley won't go on without all originals.
Nikki was a great songwriter back in the day, but he hasn't written a hit song since 1991.
New tattoo album is a great piece of music, punched in the teeth for example but I guess it just wasn't relevant music at the time peace

Regardless of what they learned, the Corabi fronted album is very strong.  If you're willing to give New Tattoo a shot (also good), don't fall into the trap of ignoring it, just because Vince isn't on vocals.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1022 on: September 13, 2007, 09:17:49 AM »

i personally couldnt get into self titled, its too heavy and grungy for my liking.

got new tattoo on now though for first time.

html sucks
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1023 on: September 13, 2007, 10:01:19 AM »

I really like New Tattoo. The way I see it is that it's more of a 'return to roots' record after the self titled and Generation Swine. And because of that the music wasn't relevant- it was an 80s sounding record released in 2000. If anything it was more of a record for the fans.
On the booklet is says this:

"I promise you this. One day you'll walk into the tattoo shop of life and say-
'I'm back. I'm ready for my new tattoo, and her name is rock n' roll. Now it's time to make it permanent.'
You will have been thru all the temporary 15 minutes of flash. You will have come to realize that you've been served fast food music and disposable heros so long you've somehow forgotten what is real and what is not. And you know what the man behind the counter will say?
'We knew you'd be back'"

It was all about the Crue returning to their sleeze rock sound. Not about what was happening in the music scene at the time, not about trying to be relevant- just being themselves.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1024 on: September 13, 2007, 10:29:31 AM »

An employee of Club Stereo in Southampton, New York where former M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee DJed on August 31, 2007 told the New York Post that "[Tommy] loves [DJing]. He's not going to be in a band again. He's totally focused on being a DJ now. He's totally devoted and hasn't talked about anything else."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1025 on: September 13, 2007, 10:32:02 AM »

An employee of Club Stereo in Southampton, New York where former M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee DJed on August 31, 2007 told the New York Post that "[Tommy] loves [DJing]. He's not going to be in a band again. He's totally focused on being a DJ now. He's totally devoted and hasn't talked about anything else."

Tommy's had more changes of direction than he has tattoos.  I'm not saying he'll play again, but the fact that he isn't right now doesn't mean shit about him doing it in the future.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1026 on: September 13, 2007, 10:33:47 AM »

Yep. Just like he loved rock, how he was totally focused on it. Just like how he was totally focused on Rockstar Supernova. Now he loves DJing, and is totally focused on it.
Wait untill a new trend arises and he will love that and be totally focused on it. He is just a trend follower.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1027 on: September 13, 2007, 10:46:23 AM »

well, for the time being you can make do with this band from america

www.myspace.com/dirtypennysucks

html sucks
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1028 on: September 13, 2007, 11:57:32 AM »

got new tattoo on now though for first time.
Great album but could use a liiiitle more work, I love the solo in 1st band on the moon headbanger
[don't fall into the trap of ignoring it, just because Vince isn't on vocals.
Nono, I didn't like generation swine and the mid 80's stuff either. hihi
Shout At The Devil is the best ever peace

I think Motley is over, it's up to Nikki and Mick wether to keep going as Motley Crue or not. Vince will be the same and sing the same songs regardles.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1029 on: September 13, 2007, 12:11:36 PM »

I liked New Tattoo, I think Motley can go on with another drummer.

It's a shame though.

dude Tommy is the most talented guy in that band.? Without him it is absolutely pointless.

tommy didnt even play on the red white and crue new tracks. Josh freese did.

i saw a documentary a couple years back showing Tommy recording.? ? ?but anyways its not like any of those songs were that great.

I liked New Tattoo, I think Motley can go on with another drummer.

It's a shame though.

dude Tommy is the most talented guy in that band.? Without him it is absolutely pointless.

No- that would be Nikki, The man is a highly underrated musician. Motley always get shit on, but the fact is they're a great Rock N' Roll band.
meh, i disagree.? i saw them a few years ago and Tommy was the only one that stuck out.? ?Nikki was a great songwriter back in the day, but he hasn't written a hit song since 1991.

Tommy only played on Sick love song and Im a liar.

if i die tommorow and "street fighting man" were played on the tracks by josh freese. heck, its on his site!
GeraldFord
« Reply #1030 on: September 13, 2007, 12:20:56 PM »

I liked New Tattoo, but the weak spot were the lyrics...really, really bad...even by Crue standards...

mpkline
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1031 on: September 13, 2007, 02:11:20 PM »

Just some info that today it was annouced that Tommy is done with Motley, and apparently is leaving the rock worl to do more DJ work.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1032 on: September 13, 2007, 02:12:02 PM »

Just some info that today it was annouced that Tommy is done with Motley, and apparently is leaving the rock worl to do more DJ work.

And why was this posted in the GN'R section?

Ali
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #1033 on: September 13, 2007, 02:13:57 PM »

I thought Motley was finished long before this anyway.  Being that Mick Mars is so unhealthy and Nikki has Sixx A.M. now.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1034 on: September 13, 2007, 06:06:27 PM »

This post is actually not altogether true.

Tommy filed a lawsuit against Motley's manager.

He said he h opes the band can work it out.

but i guess as long as they keep the manager he is gonna quit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1035 on: September 13, 2007, 06:20:18 PM »

actually, tommy is backpedling now. heres his statement

Despite what is contained in the court documents, Lee said in a statement issued Thursday afternoon (September 13) that hopes he can work everything out with the band.

"I am a founding member of M?tley Cr?e," he said. "Based on internal band issues aired publicly, my future with the band is uncertain. I have tried to meet with my bandmates repeatedly without success but have informed them that I'm not walking away from my band of 25 years. It troubles me that the current legal issues which were filed by the corporations against my personal manager are separating us and causing more dysfunction. I hope we can work this out amongst ourselves."

Cjc1706
VIP

I Rocked With Gn'R In Manchester & Sheffield '06

« Reply #1036 on: September 13, 2007, 07:08:56 PM »

http://www.nme.com/news/tommy-lee/31122

CJ
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #1037 on: September 13, 2007, 07:20:48 PM »

And why was this posted in the GN'R section?

Ali

because he's a n00b

and first off it was anounced yesterday on Blabbermouth which was then posted in the Motley thread. (see serch function)

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1038 on: September 14, 2007, 04:11:46 PM »

apparantly a Fan started a petition to Keep crue going. and is gonna show it to Nikki sixx.

so lets sign ok

http://www.petitiononline.com/MFC666/petition.html
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #1039 on: September 14, 2007, 05:52:51 PM »

apparantly a Fan started a petition to Keep crue going. and is gonna show it to Nikki sixx.

so lets sign ok

http://www.petitiononline.com/MFC666/petition.html

hell ya i'll sign it Cheesy..................if i didn't have to pay too Roll Eyes

seriously i would but i don't have paypal Undecided

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: