Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:29:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 345124 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #920 on: March 05, 2006, 10:14:19 AM »

M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx has posted the following message in his online diary:

"We've done all the major markets in Canada (and America for that matter) and are now playing the smaller towns up here. Halifax was over the top and we're now in Quebec City for a day off. The only downside to Canada this time of year is it's colder than hell. I'm sitting here in the hotel reflecting on the last year of touring and I'd say that rock 'n' roll is stronger than ever again. I was on the phone with Tom Hamilton today (AEROSMITH bass player) and he said there seeing a younger audience too.

"All's well out here but I look forward to heading back to L.A. in mid-April for a short break before we start rehearsals for the next album. We have been working on songs out here on the road, but I'm as excited to not have any distractions when were home. There's been nothing much to photograph in the areas we've been in so I've haven't even broken my cameras. Good news is my book ('The Heroin Diaries') is 100% finished and now we're just laying out the design and looking at a October/November release."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #921 on: March 08, 2006, 03:07:10 PM »

Caine O'Rear of Richmond.com recently spoke to M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx about the success of their Carnival of Sins tour, the band's upcoming album and his forthcoming book "The Heroin Diaries", among other topics. The question-and-answer session follows:

Richmond.com: Has the band been surprised by the success of the Carnival of Sins tour? A lot of people had written M?TLEY CR?E off a long time ago.

Nikki Sixx: Well, people have been writing M?TLEY CR?E off since our first gig. We've sort of learned to ignore the negative input, and do what we want to do. Yes, we were very surprised, as I think we've been surprised in every turn of our career. The good news is that we went out with no expectations. That was the best part, because we've always said we just want to make music, we want to play live and we want to be an original lineup. You know, the fact that not only the fans turned out, but also a new audience turned out . . . it was a good feeling, because it made us feel re-ignited about making music and having a future and doing what it is that we really do love doing.

Richmond.com: Is the new audience the kids of the older fans?

Nikki Sixx: There's obviously some of that . . . but as all kids don't really like what their parents listen to, I feel like the mallrats of the world are coming out because we're an escape, just the same way we were an escape in 1984.

Richmond.com: How do the shows from this tour compare to the live shows from 20 years ago? Are you playing better as a band?

Nikki Sixx: We're a better band. We're better musicians. We're tighter. We know each other better, so we're able to sort of roll all that into being a better band.

Richmond.com: A lot of the people don't realize that you've always been the principal songwriter for M?TLEY CR?E. As a songwriter, who are some of your influences?

Nikki Sixx: Well, first of all, a lot has been said that I'm the principal songwriter, and I have written a lot of music for M?TLEY CR?E, in conjunction with the other guys and by myself. But everybody does contribute. This really is a gang, you know, even in the instance with a song like "Live Wire". I wrote the song on acoustic guitar . . . so Mick Mars takes that and turns it into a monster. Most of the songs I've written, I've written on acoustic guitar. I'm not a great guitar player. The simplistic approach is always what I like the best. Even the most metal songs you can write on an acoustic guitar. It's bizarre. I guess it's louder than if you're just sitting alone in a room with an electric guitar and no amp. My influences are very broad. But mostly '70s music is the stuff that moves me the most. I guess you always have a connection to the bands that you grew up with.

Richmond.com: I understand that M?TLEY CR?E has plans for a new studio album. What should we expect from it?

Nikki Sixx: Probably the same thing that we do ? that we don't have any idea. We're going in to make music, and what the music comes out like, we don't know. Obviously, it's guitar-driven, it's rock 'n' roll. But at what level? Because if you listen to our catalogue, you realize that we sort of swerve through the clich? of rock 'n' roll. Sometimes we go outside the lines. Sometimes we stay closer to the blues, sometimes we stay closer to metal. Sometimes we stay closer to punk, and sometimes it's pop. So I don't know what to expect, and I like that. Because I'd be really disappointed if, right now, I could tell you the album's going to sound like this, because I would already be bored. I know I want it to kick ass, and I want it to be the best album we've ever made.

Richmond.com: What is your favorite CR?E album? I realize that's kind of like asking, 'Which one of your children is your favorite?'

Nikki Sixx: Yeah, it kind of is. You make albums, and you have favorite parts of the albums. But as the years go, sometimes you go back and go, "That was pretty cool." Maybe it just didn't move me at the time. Sometimes, somebody in the band, like Mick, will love a certain song and you'll be like, 'I don't really love it.' But we're a band, we're a gang. And if three guys love it and one guy doesn't, we do it. Sometimes, I go back and listen to music and go, 'That was really good.' Sometimes, it's stuff I loved and I go, 'uhh.' All in all, I think the stuff's pretty good. The biggest thing I'm proud of is the fact that we've written really good songs - a lot of really good songs. There's over two hours of music in a live performance, and you have quality music the whole time . . . in the rock formula. We're definitely not The Beatles. We don't have little pop songs that are timeless. And, you know, I think it's just a different animal. You compare bands like M?TLEY CR?E and AC/DC, AEROSMITH. In that formula, in that world, I'm very proud of what we've done.

Richmond.com: You have a new book called "The Heroin Diaries" coming out this year, which is a collection of your writings in the mid-'80s while you were in the throes of heroin addiction. Why have you decided to release it? After all, your troubles with drugs have already been well documented in the media.

Nikki Sixx: Yeah, but they've been documented from a different perspective. They might have even been glamorized. They might have even been [glamorized in a] 'Wow, that was f*%*i*' crazy, maybe I'll do it' kind of way. And as the years roll on, and I'm extremely proud of being sober and being able to live a rock 'n' roll lifestyle, I feel that having the actual fly-on-the-wall perspective will be helpful. I think there are those who will read the book wanting to see a car crash and see it, and then they will get to the other end of it and say, 'Wow, that's a place I don't want to go.' It [the book] has a beginning, a middle and an end . . . the way that the book flows, it's a very exciting read. There are actual interviews from all the people that were in my life at the time, commenting on the decisions that I made, and none of them [the comments] are bad. Sometimes people will say [in the interviews], 'In the condition the guy was in, can you believe the guy was able to see the vision clearly and get his message across?' And other people will be saying, 'If he hadn't been like that, maybe he could have taken over the world, instead of having crashed it.' [laughs.] So, it's a very interesting read, and I think the best part, for me, is that it brings awareness of drug and alcohol addiction to an audience that might not get it yet. The proceeds from it are going to help the charity that I set up called 'Running Wild in the Night', and Covenant House for runaway kids. So it's a win-win-win [situation]. And, for me, it was a huge purge to be able to let all that stuff out.

Richmond.com: What are your thoughts on the current state of rock music? Are there any young bands out there that you really like?

Nikki Sixx: I think it's always the same. I think you're going to have trends, and some of them are fads. Trends wear out. Out of that, you're going to have some bands that stay. We had a little New Wave band called U2 one time. Bono had the mullet and he did the little Go-Go's dance with his hand. But they wrote some really cool songs, and they really appealed to a college audience. And Bono specifically took that opportunity of awareness and turned them into one of the greatest bands in the world. He's done great stuff with it. That happens in every niche of music, whether it's THE BEATLES and THE ROLLING STONES, or bands like Bowie. There were so many great bands in the '70s, but only a few of them stand out still to this day. I can go very deep into my likes of SLADE and SWEET and the [NEW YORK] DOLLS and THE RAMONES. But really only a few of them are still here to stand up and say, 'We survived this when the fad was over.' The same thing in the '80s, you've got METALLICA and M?TLEY CR?E and U2. There are the bands that survive it, and some of them can last as long as they want to last ? hence THE ROLLING STONES. The '90s, you're going to have the same thing. I think there are some new bands coming out that are a nice breed of nasty, stinky, filthy, loud rock 'n roll. I'm not a huge fan of just metal, and I'm not a huge fan of hardcore punk. I'm not a huge fan of anything that isn't real. But if it's real, like a punk band like POISON IDEA, a really cool band, [I like it]. But I would always say I like the [SEX] PISTOLS, and I like THE RAMONES, and I like THE BUZZCOCKS better. Because sometimes when it's so hardcore . . . like I would listen to JUDAS PRIEST, but not DEICIDE. I don't know, I just woke up. So, to your question, are there any cool bands coming out? Hell yeah!

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #922 on: March 09, 2006, 09:25:45 AM »

Melissa Ruggieri of the Richmond Times-Dispatch recently conducted an interview with M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee. An excerpt from the chat follows:

Richmond Times-Dispatch: The music you're working on in the bus, is it solo material or things for the new CR?E record?

Lee: "Yesterday I did some electronic music. I'm doing this thing in Miami called the Global Gathering and building some original tracks ... Being a drummer, I've always been attracted to beats and dance music. I've been a dance electronic fan forever and in 2000, with DJ Aero, my partner, I started DJ-ing and making some music. I had the best time doing it. I love to dance and I love to watch people."

Richmond Times-Dispatch: What is the status of the new M?TLEY CR?E record? Still happening?

Lee: "Yeah, it'll be out sometime next year. We're gonna start working on it in May or June."

Richmond Times-Dispatch: Has the band written anything yet or do you all work on stuff separately and then bring it to the table?

Lee: "We have a jam room backstage and usually riff out in there. At the end of the tour, we'll take all the ideas we worked on and see where it is. It's so early to tell. We've been on the road for 15 months, so I think everyone is ready to go home soon and then regroup."

Richmond Times-Dispatch: How much time do you guys spend together when you're not onstage?

Lee: "A pretty good amount. Nikki and I will go shopping, and a couple of us went to a strip club the other day."

Richmond Times-Dispatch: You and Vince Neil have had some public skirmishes, but since this tour began, he's said that everything is cool between you two now. True?

Lee: "I think we're getting along better than we ever have. We're sorta designed for success now. We have our own space, our own tour buses, so we're not in each other's faces 24/7. People have kids who come out on tour; my kids come out on tour sometimes."

Richmond Times-Dispatch: Any chance of another season of "Tommy Lee Goes to College" or are your academic days over?

Lee: "In about two days you're gonna hear a statement about something new. I'm looking at the press release right now, but I can't tell you what it is."

Richmond Times-Dispatch: Is it an NBC press release?

Lee: "No, a different network."

Richmond Times-Dispatch: But we'll be seeing you back on TV?

Lee: "Absolutely."

Richmond Times-Dispatch: Allrighty. So what's going on with your love life these days? Single?

Lee: "I am as single as you can be. I'm really enjoying myself very much. Being single doesn't suck. I kinda thought it might, but I just kinda do my thing and ... well, why not?"

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #923 on: March 10, 2006, 08:50:19 AM »

According to MelodicRock.com, M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee has been in negotiations with the producers of the "Rock Star" show for the last few weeks to take on a star role in the revamped show format. The house band will be retained, with Tommy Lee taking the place of INXS searching for his next "Rock Star" lead vocalist. The winner will front Lee's next studio album and a tour (timing to be determined).

Rumors over who would front the show following INXS' 2005 role have been widespread since the first season finale. After a suitable band could not be found, it was originally decided to gather a group of name musicians and search for a singer for a brand new band ? until Lee stepped in, that is. An official announcement is expected within a day or two, but Lee gave this hint away as recently as this week in an interview with the Richmond Times-Dispatch:

Q: Any chance of another season of "Tommy Lee Goes to College" or are your academic days over?

Tommy Lee: "In about two days you're gonna hear a statement about something new. I'm looking at the press release right now, but I can't tell you what it is."

Q: Is it an NBC press release?

Tommy Lee: "No, a different network."

Q: But we'll be seeing you back on TV?

Tommy Lee: "Absolutely."

nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #924 on: March 12, 2006, 10:49:41 PM »

i love love love motley crue ever since the year i fell in love with gnr i fell in love with motley crue which i believe was 1987
Eric
« Reply #925 on: March 13, 2006, 10:33:45 AM »

I actually like Tommy's voice on his solo albums-some of the material is so-so, but I would rather hear him sing
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #926 on: March 13, 2006, 04:52:11 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx has posted the following message in his online diary:

"Three more shows and we get a four-day break. Then there?s just a month left on this tour. We've been touring, writing and recording over 16 months now. I can safely say we need a break. No complaints though, how lucky we are to be able to still do this after 25 years. But I feel like Ripped Van Winkle, ready for a mending and hibernation from the volume.

"Donna [Nikki's wife] will come out for Atlanta and we can have a moment away from the kids. Can't wait.

"I also wanted you guys to know that the company Dragonfly Clothing ripped me off and I chose to not go into litigation with them. It would have been a mess. They showed me how they hide there money in Lebanon and didn't pay taxes on a lot of there income. I know that unlike Vans, who is a public-held company this would have cost 100s of thousands of dollars and would have taken my eye off the more important things in life. So it works in their favor, but please know that buying anything with their name and my name together is not approved by me. It is disheartening to know there are still scumbags out there willing to take advantage of someone's hard work, but life is full of lessons and I'm sure there karma is gonna come down on them like a nuclear bomb. I know of many different companies and artists who have sued them. Most win, but it's so sticky. I was the fool, shame on me for trusting them. A lot of their employees and sales staff have left and contacted me to do a clothing line. More on that down the road.

"For now im sitting here in Charleston, WV waiting to go do what I do.

"The waiting is the hardest part."

Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #927 on: March 23, 2006, 07:07:50 PM »

I actually like Tommy's voice on his solo albums-some of the material is so-so, but I would rather hear him sing

I absolutly disagree... tommy lee's vocals were in my opinion poor and un rehearsed in his new songs....... He should stick to drumming and leave Vinc to do the vocals.... But they are excellent in concert i saw them the last past summer

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
GNRslave
Rocker

"turn on the tv cuz i got nowhere to go..."

« Reply #928 on: March 29, 2006, 12:18:33 AM »

does anyone know any motley crue boards that have live mp3's?!! thanks!

"gonna wave it right down in your face"
http://www.myspace.com/5232978
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #929 on: May 19, 2006, 07:52:59 AM »

According to MyrtleBeachOnline.com, M?TLEY CR?E singer Vince Neil will step out on his own for a performance tonight (May 19) at The Afterdeck (9719 N. Kings Highway), overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway in the Restaurant Row section of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Neil, who has been in and out M?TLEY CR?E during the band's three decades of decadence, has recorded three albums of his own, including 2003's "Live at the Whisky: One Night Only".

But tonight expect to hear plenty of CR?E classics such as "Girls, Girls, Girls" and "Dr. Feelgood".

Neil recently told Rolling Stone magazine that he hopes to begin work on a new solo album this summer. For the follow-up to his last solo album, 1995's "Carved in Stone", Neil hopes producer Desmond Child ? the man behind AEROSMITH's "Angel" and RICKY MARTIN's "Livin' La Vida Loca" ? will get behind him.

"I'm hoping that it'll be Desmond!" said Neil. (The pair have already collaborated, on "Promise Me", Neil's 2004 single.) "And I'm hoping it can be out early next year."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #930 on: June 21, 2006, 06:09:39 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E frontman Vince Neil has been confirmed as the opening act for the SCORPIONS at the Salinas Sports Complex in Salinas, California on Monday, July 3. He replaces THIN LIZZY, the support band who apparently canceled their entire tour with the SCORPIONS due to a scheduling conflict.

It has been reported that Neil will be backed by members of SLAUGHTER at the concert and will play all CR?E songs, although this has **NOT** yet been officially confirmed and should be treated as rumor only.

Tickets for the concert are on sale now, available at Ticketmaster outlets, www.ticketmaster.com, and at the Salinas Sports Complex Box Office. Ticket prices start at $20 for general admission.

Gates for the SCORPIONS/VINCE NEIL concert open two hours prior to the 7 p.m. show time. Concert patrons are encouraged to arrive early to avoid traffic and parking delays. Conveniently located off highway 101, the Salinas Sports Complex is at 1034 N. Main St. in Salinas.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #931 on: July 01, 2006, 07:42:29 PM »

Would anyone be interested in giving there ratings of motley crues albums up to dr feelgood?

Also, do people think theatre of pain was a good follow up to shout at the devil?

html sucks
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #932 on: July 07, 2006, 02:21:25 PM »

Would anyone be interested in giving there ratings of motley crues albums up to dr feelgood?

Also, do people think theatre of pain was a good follow up to shout at the devil?

i think TOP is a good album, but no where near as strong as too fast for love or shout!!but its a solid album.

as for Dr Feelgood, i love the album, but its a massive change for crue, its more pop rock than their other efforts mostly down to bob rock the producer, dr feelgood has more of a heavier bon jovi feel to it!!!class album though

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #933 on: August 07, 2006, 08:14:18 PM »

Hard Rock International has announced that internationally-acclaimed hard rock band M?TLEY CR?E will headline the New York stop of the Ambassadors of Rock Tour. On Monday, September 18, M?TLEY CR?E, who is also kicking off the Root of All Evil tour with AEROSMITH in September, will take the stage at Hard Rock Cafe New York, performing legendary hits such as "Dr. Feelgood" and "Shout at the Devil". M?TLEY CR?E will take time out of the band's packed tour schedule to celebrate the company's 35th anniversary and to rock one of the world's most historic stages, in the former Paramount Theater, joining such greats as FRANK SINATRA, ELVIS PRESLEY and THE BEATLES. The event will be the New York stop of Hard Rock's Ambassadors of Rock Tour, a worldwide concert series to celebrate 35 years of Hard Rock.

"Our Ambassadors of Rock Tour kicked off at Hyde Park Calling in London with legendary musicians ROGER WATERS and THE WHO; the second stop is in Chicago with THE PANIC CHANNEL and ROSE HILL DRIVE; and continues to rock with M?TLEY CR?E in New York," said Hamish Dodds, president and CEO, Hard Rock International. "Our 35th anniversary celebration is spreading the irreverence of rock to fans all over the world."

"For years, we have had a great relationship with Hard Rock. I get calls from people every day saying that they saw our memorabilia at Hard Rock Cafes all over the world. It doesn't get more real than that," said Nikki Sixx, bass guitarist M?TLEY CR?E. "It's a perfect fit for us to be in New York to celebrate Hard Rock's 35th anniversary."

In addition to an unforgettable performance, the members of M?TLEY CR?E, lead singer Vince Neil, guitarist Mick Mars, bassist Nikki Sixx and drummer Tommy Lee, will donate several pieces of memorabilia from the band's Carnival of Sins and Red, White and Cr?e tours to Hard Rock. Items donated by Vince, Mick and Nikki, including paint-splattered overalls and guitars, and Tommy's orange shorts and full drum kit, will be permanently added to Hard Rock's world-famous collection.

The best part about Ambassadors of Rock in New York is that everyone has the chance to attend and party with the stars! Throughout August, all Hard Rock Cafes in North America will offer guests the chance to win a trip to see M?TLEY CR?E perform at Hard Rock Cafe New York. Fans from around the globe can also visit www.hardrock.com through August 31 to enter to win the ultimate rock prize, an all-expenses paid trip for two to New York City to see M?TLEY CR?E, including roundtrip airfare, a three-night hotel stay and $250 in spending money! For information about the Hard Rock Cafe nearest you, further details and complete rules, please visit www.hardrock.com.

One week prior to the New York stop, Hard Rock's Ambassadors of Rock Tour will rock its way across the continents to Asia. On Monday, September 11, 2006, Hard Rock will bring BLONDIE, the pioneer of punk and new wave music, to Hard Rock Cafe Singapore for a live concert. BLONDIE, best known for the timeless hits "The Tide is High" and "Rapture", will rock the stage at the Singapore cafe for an unforgettable performance.

In addition to Ambassadors of Rock in Singapore and New York, Hard Rock's worldwide concert tour will include shows featuring top artists in Tokyo, Osaka, Hollywood (Fla.), Orlando and Caracas. Hard Rock is also commemorating its 35th anniversary with limited-edition Ambassadors of Rock merchandise, including apparel, glassware and other collectibles, and of course, Hard Rock's world-famous pins.

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #934 on: September 19, 2006, 02:53:20 AM »

hahahha has anyone seen this??/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhjFuVzonL4
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #935 on: September 20, 2006, 01:14:52 PM »

http://www.slashisvr.proboards84.com/

a new board me and my mate have created for motley crue fans, just got it up and running, feel free to come in.

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
black-widow
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #936 on: October 18, 2006, 02:11:18 PM »

Too Fast For Love is the best.
deadflowerII
« Reply #937 on: October 18, 2006, 04:20:55 PM »

Theatre of Pain is the worst       rofl
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #938 on: January 08, 2007, 10:24:40 AM »

M?TLEY CR?E frontman Vince Neil will embark on his first-ever solo tour of Australia in March. On his landmark 2007 Australian tour, Vince Neil will be performing the red hot hits of M?TLEY CR?E (including "Kickstart My Heart", "Girls Girls Girls", "Dr. Feelgood" and "Home Sweet Home") with his all-star band featuring:

Dana Strum (SLAUGHTER, VINNIE VINCENT INVASION) - Bass
Jeff Blando (SLAUGHTER) - Guitar
Will Hunt (TOMMY LEE, DARK NEW DAY, SKRAPE) - Drums

The hard-hitting Will Hunt is no stranger to M?TLEY CR?E, having substituted a tendonitis-suffering Tommy Lee last year for some shows on the CR?E's "Carnival of Sins" tour. He previously toured the world playing drums in Tommy Lee's solo band.

Support on Vince Neil's Australian tour will come from New York City rock sensations the SEX SLAVES. Their first full-length debut album was titled "Nikki" and now three U.S. tours and two Japanese tours have solidified the SEX SLAVES' reputation as the toughest, baddest and hardest working band in New York City. They will be touring behind their latest album, "Bite Your Tongue", featuring the song "Thank God for Jack Daniel's".

VINCE NEIL w/ SEX SLAVES Australian tour dates:

Mar. 28 - Uni Roundhouse, Sydney
Mar. 29 - Palace, Melbourne
Mar. 30 - Arena, Brisbane
Apr. 01 - Capital, Perth

black-widow
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #939 on: January 09, 2007, 03:49:46 AM »

I was about to post those dates but I see you beat me to it!.. And also, I retract my earlier post- Shout at the Devil is the best album! Girls Girls Girls is ok, but someone pointed out that the chorus to the song Five Years Dead is exactly the same as the chorus to Girls Girls Girls only with the words changed. I realised they were right and now its all I think about when I hear the song. Meh.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: