Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:31:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 345312 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #880 on: January 10, 2006, 01:48:31 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee has lined up the following DJing appearances during the coming weeks (also featuring DJ Aero):

Jan. 27 - Energy - Chicago, IL
Jan. 28 - This is London - Toronto, ONT
Feb. 04 - Bleu - Detroit, MI
Feb. 04 - The Vault (afterhours club) ? Detroit, MI

That is so cool Tommy is into other types of music. I think it makes a rock musician more creative if they are into other styles and genres.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #881 on: January 10, 2006, 03:15:17 PM »

Paul Stanley?? That would be interesting.? Aerosmith are shit live, so lets hope Motley gets to close the show, or at least have them alternate.? When Kiss and Aerosmith "co-headlined" in 2003, Aerosmith closed every night, and Kiss' live show was completely kicking their asses, which made Aerosmith look thrice as shitty.
I've seen Aerosmith live twice, once in 93' and once in 01' and they're far from "shit live." In fact - they're Amazing!

Yeah, Bridge, you have no idea what you're talking about.  I have also seen them live in '04 and it was an amazing show.  You either have never seen them live or are an idiot.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #882 on: January 10, 2006, 07:15:51 PM »

Yeah, Bridge, you have no idea what you're talking about.? I have also seen them live in '04 and it was an amazing show.? You either have never seen them live or are an idiot.

Oh fuck off.? I saw Aerosmith during the co-headliner with Kiss in 2003, and Aerosmith was pure shit, especially following Kiss.  It's funny, because in one night,  I saw the very best and the very worst concert I've ever seen.

For starters, Aerosmith took the stage late and could only play for 45 minutes before curfew was up.? Steven Tyler was worse than Vince Neil when it came to missing lyrics.? Tyler acted like he was drunk the whole night.? He was terribly off-key, he missed lyrics and slurred the ones he did sing.

As for the rest of the band, Tom Hamilton delivered a five minute bass solo (no exaggeration).? Since when does a band do a bass solo?? nobody could figure out what was going on until we realized that the bass solo lasted forever because Joe Perry was fucking with his guitar trying to get it tuned right.? Real pro, I tell ya.

And at numerous points during their "performance", the entire band was huddled around Joey Kramer's drum kit like they were at fucking band practice.? In fact, Brad Whitford and Tom Hamilton barely moved at all the whole damn show, they just stood stock still, as if their feet were cemented to the stage.? Great stage presence, huh?

The band also started songs wrong.  And two times during the show, Joe Perry started playing a song they had already played.? They played "Mama Kin" early on, but towards the end of the show, Joe Perry started playing the opening riff again, until Tyler rushed over and stopped him.? The same thing happened with another song (can't remember which).

Then they left the stage without saying goodnight, and didn't return for an encore.  A message just flashed across the screen saying "goodnight".

So if you think that's a good show, you're the "idiot".
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 07:21:27 PM by Bridge » Logged
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #883 on: January 10, 2006, 08:48:19 PM »

Yeah, Bridge, you have no idea what you're talking about.  I have also seen them live in '04 and it was an amazing show.  You either have never seen them live or are an idiot.

Oh fuck off.  I saw Aerosmith during the co-headliner with Kiss in 2003, and Aerosmith was pure shit, especially following Kiss.  It's funny, because in one night,  I saw the very best and the very worst concert I've ever seen.

For starters, Aerosmith took the stage late and could only play for 45 minutes before curfew was up.  Steven Tyler was worse than Vince Neil when it came to missing lyrics.  Tyler acted like he was drunk the whole night.  He was terribly off-key, he missed lyrics and slurred the ones he did sing.

As for the rest of the band, Tom Hamilton delivered a five minute bass solo (no exaggeration).  Since when does a band do a bass solo?  nobody could figure out what was going on until we realized that the bass solo lasted forever because Joe Perry was fucking with his guitar trying to get it tuned right.  Real pro, I tell ya.

And at numerous points during their "performance", the entire band was huddled around Joey Kramer's drum kit like they were at fucking band practice.  In fact, Brad Whitford and Tom Hamilton barely moved at all the whole damn show, they just stood stock still, as if their feet were cemented to the stage.  Great stage presence, huh?

The band also started songs wrong.  And two times during the show, Joe Perry started playing a song they had already played.  They played "Mama Kin" early on, but towards the end of the show, Joe Perry started playing the opening riff again, until Tyler rushed over and stopped him.  The same thing happened with another song (can't remember which).

Then they left the stage without saying goodnight, and didn't return for an encore.  A message just flashed across the screen saying "goodnight".

So if you think that's a good show, you're the "idiot".

Come on dude, you cant say Aerosmith is shit after only seeing them once...they aviasly had on off night..I seen them on that same tour and they were amazing..Better then Kiss?no..they dont have nearly as good a show as Kiss..but Kiss is one of the best at live shows...Aerosmith weere however very good

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #884 on: January 10, 2006, 10:15:19 PM »

Back on topic please.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #885 on: January 11, 2006, 06:54:10 PM »

Come on dude, you cant say Aerosmith is shit after only seeing them once...

Yes I can, and most people do.  Most people don't exactly pay to see a band again after they've put on that kind of show.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #886 on: January 11, 2006, 08:29:57 PM »

Come on dude, you cant say Aerosmith is shit after only seeing them once...

Yes I can, and most people do.  Most people don't exactly pay to see a band again after they've put on that kind of show.

Whatever man talk about it in the Aerosmith thread please

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #887 on: January 11, 2006, 11:35:26 PM »

Haha, if you think Kiss is one of the best bands you've seen live then we can stop arguing right here cause your opinion don't mean jack to me.  Just cause a band has tons of shit blowing up and stupid costumes doesn't make them a good live act.  I saw Kiss when they played with Poison a couple years back and it was the biggest joke I've ever seen.  Aerosmith either had a really off night or you're just totally exagerating.  Either way they are ten times the live band Kiss ever were.  Kiss don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Aerosmith.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #888 on: January 12, 2006, 06:47:49 PM »

temper temper, Rob.? Are there any other bands you'd like to make a feeble attempt to discredit in a fruitless effort to make Aerosmith look less shitty?? Remember, you started this frivolous argument by calling names like a third grader because you couldn't stand to be told that Aerosmith wasn't God.

You heard the men, take your ass to the Aerosmith thread.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 10:45:58 PM by Bridge » Logged
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #889 on: January 14, 2006, 08:05:53 PM »

No way man, my name calling is at a 5th grade level.  So what are we looking for with this new Motley album?  Do we want to hear something more like there old school stuff, or do we want to hear something different?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #890 on: January 14, 2006, 08:55:43 PM »

Do we want to hear something more like there old school stuff, or do we want to hear something different?
I say different i think they've evolved quite well over the years despite some poor reviews, i thought M?tley Cr?e & Generation Swine managed to be drastically different albums and at the same time great albums, they've got plenty of good old school albums i enjoy listening to i want them to keep moving forward yes
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #891 on: January 14, 2006, 10:13:09 PM »

Id like a mix of Looks That Kill,Wild Side,Afraid and Sick Love Song peace

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #892 on: January 14, 2006, 11:24:48 PM »

So what are we looking for with this new Motley album?? Do we want to hear something more like there old school stuff, or do we want to hear something different?

I'd say a mixture of both.  I love "If I Die Tomorrow" because it provides something new while still being a rock n roll song.  The other two new songs are good too; "Sick Love Song" and "I'm a Liar".  One thing I do want more of is Mick solos.  There wasn't really one if "If I Die Tomorrow".  We need more of that.  Otherwise, I'd be happy with that direction.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #893 on: January 15, 2006, 12:02:00 AM »

I'd like to hear a back to basics album with modern production.

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #894 on: January 15, 2006, 11:40:56 AM »

What do you mean by modern production?  I couldn't handle another Generation Swine type production.  Granted, that album wasn't a "basics" album, but the electronic production aspect was awful.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #895 on: January 15, 2006, 08:08:49 PM »

What do you mean by modern production?? I couldn't handle another Generation Swine type production.? Granted, that album wasn't a "basics" album, but the electronic production aspect was awful.

I'm one of the few that actually like Generation Swine, the band was at their creative peak on that record (apart from the godawful Brandon). The production is so crisp and in-your-face, especially on songs like Let Us Prey and A Rat Like Me.
I'd like to something like that again, with maybe a mix of their 1994 self-titled album.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #896 on: January 15, 2006, 09:46:20 PM »

They new CD probably wont have anything to do with MC 94 since its another stile, and Vince cant sing those kind of songs.
I think If they an album with song like Sick Love Song and I am a Liar it would be a great album.
Both songs are perfectly balanced; you can tell its the crue playing, but its slighly in a diferent direccion.
What I do have a problem with is Micks solos.Lets take SLS as an example, it does have a solo, but its waaay too short, most of the solo he is just making noise, its obvious he didnt put any efort in it.
I loved MC 94 solos and also the New Tatoo solos, so if he could manage to put those kinds of solos in songs that go in the same direction as IAAL, SLS, and IIDT, you could have a perfect Motley Crue record.

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #897 on: January 15, 2006, 11:25:31 PM »

They new CD probably wont have anything to do with MC 94 since its another stile, and Vince cant sing those kind of songs.
I think If they an album with song like Sick Love Song and I am a Liar it would be a great album.
Both songs are perfectly balanced; you can tell its the crue playing, but its slighly in a diferent direccion.
What I do have a problem with is Micks solos.Lets take SLS as an example, it does have a solo, but its waaay too short, most of the solo he is just making noise, its obvious he didnt put any efort in it.
I loved MC 94 solos and also the New Tatoo solos, so if he could manage to put those kinds of solos in songs that go in the same direction as IAAL, SLS, and IIDT, you could have a perfect Motley Crue record.

Baby Slash//

I don't think Mick even plays on IIDT and SLS.  DJ Ashba is the one you hear.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #898 on: January 17, 2006, 09:50:03 AM »

M?TLEY CR?E will be honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Wednesday, January 25 starting at 11:30 a.m. in front of the Musician's Institute in Hollywood, California. Fans are more than welcome to attend the event and show their support for the band.

M?TLEY CR?E were among a number of entertainers in motion pictures, television, radio, live theater, and recording that were selected in June 2005 to receive stars on the Walk of Fame by the Walk of Fame Committee of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. These individuals were chosen from among hundreds of nominations to the committee at a meeting held June 20, 2005 and ratified by the Chamber's Board of Directors.

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #899 on: January 17, 2006, 11:25:58 PM »

I don't think Mick even plays on IIDT and SLS.? DJ Ashba is the one you hear.

Mick played on them, he said so somewhere in an interview.

Damn, I hate when people abbreviate song titles.   Angry
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: