Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:20:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 345597 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #800 on: October 03, 2005, 02:34:50 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx has posted the following message in his online diary (entry dated October 1, 2005):

"Leaving for a show in El Paso in a few minutes and I thought about a song I wrote about my time there. I lived there as kid for a few years and wrote these lyrics sitting in a hotel room on one of my visits there, of course while on tour...

Balcony in El Paso
Cigarette butts grace my balcony
And the remains of a dead pigeon seems somewhat poetic
The life form that scurries around below
Is a mixture of Tex-Mex and trailer park trash
I know you ? 'cause I used to live here, too
Guess that makes you just like me
That make you wonder about yourself?

I don't know why
I'm here but I can't stay
The more things change
The more they stay the strange

Sittin' here on this plane
Watchin' the empty faces crawl past me
You know they all seem to have ingested
That same melancholy pill
Instead of warm, fuzzy and safe
They seem cold and judgmental
Little conversations come in and out of audio focus
It's all in slow motion but somehow moving at the
Speed of fear
I feel such the animal, I'm always the animal
My body's the cage ? I'm locked in this cage
It's my home, it's worn, it's torn, it's been abused
And I like it

Here I sit in another hotel and it smells like someone else
I lay in bed and I can taste the smell
The smell of smoke, the drink, the stink
And the stain on the floor
I wonder was he with his wife?
Or another man's whore
Scratches upon the glass
Tell of the drugs and the radio
Is still on to the music that made them dance
I bet it was sweet
But me?
Fuck man I gotta get some sleep

"On another note, it's funny when you look back, you sometimes have to hide your head in embarrassment from your actions. Your ego, your self-importance... But growth is what we do and realizing that growing up is painful...when you're done with the pain you see clearer and accept who you are and know that who you were is just as important 'cause it's a benchmark on how far we've come...

"I'm going back to El Paso.... but I'm never going back.... 'cause im right where i wanna be...

"This tour has been a great journey and I thank you for the greatest tour I can ever remember being on (key word is 'remember'). We're winding down, 17 more days on this leg.....then home sweet home...

"But for now, I'll see you in El Paso..."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #801 on: October 08, 2005, 10:54:46 AM »

I heard the song yesterday and it sounded like it might be vince neil or not.. Did someone recently cover the tune??
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #802 on: October 08, 2005, 12:02:38 PM »

Its Vince & Chester Bennington from Linkin Park

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #803 on: October 08, 2005, 12:02:59 PM »

M?tley Cr?e with Chester of Linkin Park i think...i'm sure there was a thread here the other week about it
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #804 on: October 08, 2005, 12:14:17 PM »

Its Vince & Chester Bennington from Linkin Park

Fuck I had a feling it was that douche from LP/// Was never crazy about him.. Vince sounds a lil different but enough to know it was him..  Thanks you two.. beer
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #805 on: October 08, 2005, 05:58:09 PM »

I really don't like that Chester guy anyway.  But Vince's voice is so paper thin these days it sounds like he needed Chester to do the high-pitched parts.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #806 on: October 08, 2005, 09:11:46 PM »

is this the charity single ?

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #807 on: October 09, 2005, 12:00:24 AM »

is this the charity single ?

Yes. It is for the hurricane victims.

The song just doesn't work. I can't knock them for what they recorded it for, there hearts were in the right place. I dont know it may grow on me, atleast it is getting airplay. Off topic a bit but Tommy Lee's latest single is getting tons of airplay. It is not what i would have excpected from TL but it isnt a bad song at all. I actually went and picked up his latest album and it is a really good record. Hell even the Nick Carter track is good. I like 'Never a Dull Moment' better but the new one is a solid release.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #808 on: October 09, 2005, 12:22:03 AM »

I really don't like that Chester guy anyway. But Vince's voice is so paper thin these days it sounds like he needed Chester to do the high-pitched parts.
You can blame rotten(Desmond Child)production on that. It sounds like they spent about five hours total working on the track.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #809 on: October 12, 2005, 10:39:13 PM »

Once again MC kicked some fuckin' ass last night!

« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 10:42:32 PM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #810 on: October 13, 2005, 07:50:10 AM »

The Las Vegas Review-Journal is reporting that M?TLEY CR?E's concert ended on a strained note Saturday (Oct. Cool at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas.

Unhappy with "technical difficulties," the band members walked off the stage at the end of the show and didn't return for an encore.

The crowd wanted more and reacted loudly.

The Hard Rock issued a statement saying, "Due to technical difficulties with M?TLEY CR?E's equipment they were unable to perform an encore during Saturday night's show and they were expected to perform a Sunday night show."

No refunds would be issued, the statement explained, because "encores are at the discretion of the band on a nightly basis."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #811 on: October 13, 2005, 07:52:14 AM »

The Associated Press is reporting that M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee was burned when a pyrotechnics stunt went wrong at a concert in Casper, Wyo., police said.

Lee played one more song after he was injured toward the end of Wednesday night's show, said Sgt. Doug Beran of the Casper Police Department, who responded to the incident. But another band member came out after a short break and said the concert had to be cut short because of the drummer's injuries, Beran said.

Lee ? the former husband of one-time "Baywatch" babe Pamela Anderson ? was taken to a hospital for treatment but was not badly injured, he said.

The sergeant declined to discuss details of Lee's injuries, citing privacy considerations.

A spokeswoman for the Wyoming Medical Center said she had no information on Lee, 42, but referred calls to the musician's publicist.

Lee's publicist could not be reached for comment late Wednesday.

Tom Morton, a reporter for the Casper Star-Tribune who attended the concert, said Lee appeared to be injured when sparks began flying as he swung above the stage suspended from a wire, back and forth between several drum sets. Another witness, Del Kinswoman, described the pyrotechnics as Roman candles.

M?TLEY CR?E was scheduled to perform in Bismarck, N.D. on Friday and in Rapid City, S.D. on Saturday, according to the group's web site.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #812 on: October 13, 2005, 01:46:12 PM »

I think the Crue need a break.  They've been on tour for a fucking while now, and you can tell things are starting to take a wrong turn.  That's only expected when you've been touring this long without a real break, and you're performing at the level the Crue has been performing.  Not to mention you're as crazy as the dudes that make up Motley Crue.  I think this tour is almost over.  After that they should take a nice break, work on the new album, and then tour behind that.  They've earned some time off.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #813 on: October 13, 2005, 02:18:36 PM »

Ya I agree..But I know there planning a 3rd leg of this tour for 2006 to play smaller venues that big rock bands wouldnt normally play Nikki said...And that there album wouldbnt eb out till early 2007...So if there gonna do that I think they should take at least 3 months off and then finish the tour and like a while off

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #814 on: October 13, 2005, 02:33:51 PM »

Ya I agree..But I know there planning a 3rd leg of this tour for 2006 to play smaller venues that big rock bands wouldnt normally play Nikki said
Mmmmm...smaller venues are so much better, did they make any point of where? Would this just be small venues in the US? Or does it include the UK to?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #815 on: October 13, 2005, 02:35:36 PM »

Ya I agree..But I know there planning a 3rd leg of this tour for 2006 to play smaller venues that big rock bands wouldnt normally play Nikki said
Mmmmm...smaller venues are so much better, did they make any point of where? Would this just be small venues in the US? Or does it include the UK to?

They didnt say..I just know there playing some shows in the U.S im not sure if any will be announced in the U.K or not..Its suppose to start around march

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #816 on: October 13, 2005, 07:11:34 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E's management has sent the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding the on-stage incident Wednesday night (Oct. 12) that resulted in drummer Tommy Lee being hospitalized for minor burns:

"Tommy Lee suffered minor burns on his arms and face while suspended 30 feet above the stage during a pyrotechnic explosion at a M?TLEY CR?E concert in Casper, WY on Wednesday, October 12. He was treated as an outpatient at a local hospital and is expected to fully recover.

"M?TLEY CR?E singer Vince Neil said, 'He didn't look good while the paramedics were treating him backstage so we chose to err on the side of caution and send him to the hospital.'

"No shows will be cancelled.

"The M?TLEY CR?E tour has been the unexpected success story of the live concert year. After six years apart, the band reunited earlier this year for a tour that has been one of the biggest box office attractions of 2005.

"Following the end of their own U.S. tour later this month, the CR?E will join the ROLLING STONES for shows in Portland and Seattle before touring in Japan and Australia."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #817 on: October 14, 2005, 12:23:44 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx has posted the following message in his online diary:

"Four shows left and I'm fucking tired. Actually, I know I'm speaking for whole the band and crew as well. You know you're done when you walk into your hotel room at 5:30 a.m. and you look at the bricks they call pillows on the bed and the fake plants next to it and you just think, 'Theres no place like home, there's no place like home.' This is originally what inspired 'Home Sweet Home'. We're accustomed to this feeling. I always say when you're burning out that it wont kill you, it only makes you stronger. Resilence is what you learn from touring for over 25 years.

"It's funny to think back 10 months ago and how the press were all taking wagers on whether we would could pull this off, if we would sell any tickets, if Mick [Mars, guitar] would hold up, would Tommy [Lee] and Vince [Neil] kill each other? Would I get back on drugs? The non-believers make you stronger too. I've always said, 'Believe in yourself and the rest will follow.' I've had one the best times of my life. We've done so much, covered so much ground and we're just getting started. I think we're all (band and fans) excited about getting a new album, but we're not done going around the world yet. What that does is gives us plenty of time to write, write and keep writing songs. There can be no filler on the next record. So it will take time to write 20, 30 tunes to weed out the (weeds). So with that, I guess I'll go crawl into bed and await the next show. At this point, until I get home all I think of is those two hours onstage 'cause the rest is just plastic plants and undercooked room service.

"We go home Sunday night right offstage on the M?TLEY jet for a much-needed break. We do two show with the [ROLLING] STONES (October 30th and November 1st) and then we still have a few more weeks off before Japan and Australia. By then, we will be ready to get back at it."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #818 on: October 14, 2005, 03:29:03 PM »

Robert Morast of the Argus Leader recently conducted an interview with M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx. Several excerpts from the chat follow:

Argus Leader: Are you sick of talking about the time you overdosed on heroin, and technically died, or do you wear it like a badge of pride?

Nikki Sixx: "I really could care less. I?m into the now. I guess people are into the past, but that?s not really living."

Argus Leader: M?TLEY CR?E has written about, bragged about and sang about partying like few other bands in the last 40 years. Has there been a rock group that lived up to the mantra of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll more than M?TLEY CR?E?

Nikki Sixx: "God, I have no idea, dude. Many bands have terrorized, we're not the only one. ... Let's talk about the music."

Argus Leader: Well, I wanted to ask about your best drugs and rock 'n' roll story here, but what music would you like to talk about?

Nikki Sixx: "'Home Sweet Home' (a remix with Chester Bennington of LINKIN PARK done specifically to raise funds for hurricane victims). We had a really good time doing it. The good news is that the whole idea behind it is that it's to build awareness. There's never enough good in the world."

Argus Leader: Cool. Vince was in "The Surreal Life". Tommy went to college. Why is everyone so interested in reality TV? Have you thought about a series?

Nikki Sixx: "Man, if I told you how many I turned down you'd laugh. It's ridiculous. It's not my thing. I'm a musician. The music. That's what people care about."

Argus Leader: Is it mostly aging adults or are there some young people at your concerts?

Nikki Sixx: "It's about 50-50 now. It's amazing wherever we go, so many young kids are like, 'Dude, I love your first album, 'Dr. Feelgood'.' I'm like, 'We had a few before that album.'"

Argus Leader: I'm asking about the younger audience because in the last few years it's become ironically cool for the young hipsters to dig the CR?E and wear the T-shirts.

Nikki Sixx: "It happened with BLACK SABBATH and AEROSMITH. I actually saw it happen with THE ROLLING STONES. There was a time when it wasn't hip to like the STONES. You've got to keep reinventing yourself. Much like MUDDY WATERS or ERIC CLAPTON, you just keep going. You make music. You don't make music to be fashionable."

Argus Leader: But so many people assumed the CR?E made music precisely to be fashionable in the ?80s.

Nikki Sixx: "We weren't making music to be fashionable. We were against everything."

Argus Leader: So, when you were becoming famous and people began copying your styles, why didn?t you revolt against the imitation, or did you take the imitators as a compliment?

Nikki Sixx: "I guess you always take it as a compliment. But I don?t want to look around and see a bunch of M?TLEY juniors. It was pretty organic. It was important to change into who we are."

Argus Leader: Is Johnny Knoxville still going to be Nikki Sixx in the film adaptation of your book "The Dirt"?

Nikki Sixx: "It was like, a couple years ago, we talked about that, he was interested in doing that. The hardest part was getting the director. We're just about buttoned up with a new director. Then we'll get on to casting. We'll see if Johnny is still interested. At the time he was just known for 'Jackass'."

Argus Leader: Will the movie be more about partying or the music?

Argus Leader: How long can the CR?E survive? How long before it becomes a self-mockery like THE ROLLING STONES, where folks want the band to just retire?

Nikki Sixx: "Who cares what those people say. (THE ROLLING STONES) are making music. They're doing what they want to do. Who gives a (expletive) what people want them to do. We're loving what we're doing. When we're not enjoying it anymore we'll stop doing it."

Argus Leader: Back in the day, the CR?E's music was a party soundtrack. Has it devolved into a soundtrack for nostalgia?

Nikki Sixx: "I don't have a crystal ball. If that's what people want, that's what they'll see. I don't think people are as concerned about these questions you're asking as you are. It's mostly like, 'We love your band.' Or, 'Tommy slept with this chick so we love your band.' I'm like, OK. I don't listen to 'Start Me Up' or 'Brown Sugar' and think, 'Thank God Keith Richards was a junkie.'"

sandman
Legend

« Reply #819 on: October 14, 2005, 04:09:47 PM »

nikki fucking rocks.  ok

those questions weren't even interesting. what a lame interviewer.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: