Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:29:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 345911 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #740 on: August 24, 2005, 08:49:20 PM »

Dude Mick was rocking before Slash even knew how to play guitar.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #741 on: August 24, 2005, 11:16:52 PM »

Wow just got back from the Crues concert in Toronto..We were 2nd row on the floor and it was an amazing show..Same setlist without TYTFIL,IIDT and Helter Sketler..Seemed to be more pyro though..a great show though..The whole band looked so intense and in great shape..They said theyd be back next year

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #742 on: August 24, 2005, 11:17:39 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E founder and bassist Nikki Sixx knows first-hand what it's like to have to fend for yourself on the streets, which is why he has launched "Running Wild in the Night", a fundraising initiative for Covenant House.

Covenant House provides services in 21 cities, 15 in the U.S., to homeless and runaway youth, including advocacy, health care, education, vocational preparation, drug abuse treatment and prevention programs, legal services, recreation, transitional living programs, street and community outreach and aftercare. "I chose to work with Covenant House after a lot of research ? I saw what they were doing and it was exactly what I had invisioned for helping at-risk kids ? I visited the Los Angeles location and was impressed by the whole operation," said Sixx.

George Lozano, Executive Director of Covenant House California said, "Having someone like Nikki associated with Covenant House is great ? he's passionate about what he does, he's passionate about the cause, he can relate to the youth in our program and they can relate to him. He's a great role model for these kids."

"Having experienced life as a runaway myself, I wanted to do something to help kids put in this position through no fault of their own," said Nikki, who admitted that music was perhaps the single most important factor in saving him from that situation. "I want to raise awareness and funds for Covenant House and to create a creative arts program, starting with an emphasis on music, to enable Covenant House to help young people discover and nurture their talents like I did through music"

To that end, Nikki has established "Running Wild in the Night" to raise funds to support Covenant House's work in providing services to nearly 78,000 youth last year. Since being incorporated in New York City in 1972, the agency is supported almost entirely by private contributions.

Sixx will launch "Running Wild in the Night" by auctioning off a custom, personalized Harley Davidson motorcycle online and teaming up with outside manufacturers to donate musical instruments, musical software and computer equipment to Covenant House creative arts programs designed to promote healing and growth for homeless and displaced young people. Sixx is also planning to donate a percentage of proceeds from a recent lawsuit victory with VANS Corporation and a portion of proceeds from his forthcoming book, "Heroin Diaries" (due this fall), which chronicles his struggles drug addiction.

"A lot of kids on the streets are addicted to drugs, I know what it's like, and I know they can help themselves by finding a Covenant House in their area," said Nikki.

"This cause is obviously near and dear to my heart," added Sixx. "And I'm hoping that my efforts will enable even one homeless or runaway kid to achieve what I have in life. Saving the life of one kid who grows up and has a child of his or her own who could be the person who cures cancer or aids there is no way to know how far the reach can go."

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #743 on: August 24, 2005, 11:23:19 PM »

that band is really a VERY SPECIFIC American success. I mean in Europe, if you say you are a Motley Crue fan, firstly 90% don't know them, secondly you become laughable in a second. America and Europe really don't have the same musical tastes sometimes. I prefer European tastes, really.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #744 on: August 24, 2005, 11:28:24 PM »

The Crue are huge in Canada to..The show at the Molson Amphithatre was almost sold out of not sold out

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #745 on: August 24, 2005, 11:29:41 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx has posted the following message on his official web site:

"Books are great. I love them, I always have my nose in one and I have to tell you I'm so excited about 'The Heroin Diaries'. With that being said, I've never been one to want to follow the same format that's been done over and over before me, so in looking for a new idea, this is the plan.

"There will be the book. There will be a soundtrack of original music based on the book. There will be a movie shot for each song that will tell the story of 'The Heroin Diaries'. They can have a life all there own or when played all together will be a movie of the book.

"So in the middle of touring, writing new M?TLEY CR?E music, this has now become another mission for me to do something totally different in this world. Now the bad news? This is a huge project and there is no way I will rush this. The book is done. The songs are halfway written. Then they will be demoed and we will be shooting the movies hopefully in January. That means probably a July release of everything (in a perfect world). I need to feel creative or I don't feel? Tommy [Lee] said the music reminds him of the 'The Wall' meets 'Alice in Wonderland' gone bad?.

"Lovely? Speaking of Tommy, I love his album. Great songs, and in the end, that's all that we can really focus on as writers?. The show is a hit and im fucking proud?"

Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #746 on: August 25, 2005, 07:33:33 AM »

I am really hoping that I get the chance to go and see the Crue in November when they come to Brizzy - I would really love to see the guys rockin out live!!!! and They had Silvertide as their opening act in America - so I cannot wait to see what great act they have lined up for Aus!!!!!

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #747 on: August 25, 2005, 01:06:00 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E guitarist Mick Mars and bassist Nikki Sixx recently spoke to MTV.com about the group's plans for a new studio album, the much-anticipated follow-up to 2000's "New Tattoo".

"There is a new album in the works, but we're taking our time on it," Mars told MTV.com. "For me, I would like to see like a 'Sgt. Pepper', an 'Electric Ladyland', something really outstanding and new. I have a zillion ideas and I'm sure Nikki and Tommy [Lee] and Vince [Neil] do, as well. We just haven't sat down and started working together yet, because the tour's been so extensive."

Nikki expects to begin work on a new album in May 2006, after extensive touring in the U.S., Japan and Australia.

"We did some pretty diverse records throughout our career," Sixx told MTV.com. "We've gone from 'Dr. Feelgood' to the [1994 self-titled] John Corabi record to 'Generation Swine', and it was all based on us just being creative. Some of it was more accepted, some of it was less accepted, but if you look at the history of the band, from the first record on, we've always done something fresh."

Regarding the musical direction of the upcoming album, Sixx said, "I don't want to be part of that trend where bands that have been around for more than 20 years become mellow," he said. "Even with U2, a band I respect, everything has this older, mellower feel to it. You hear that in a lot of rock bands. I don't mind having ballads and medium tempo songs ? I just hope we never become a bunch of pussies.

"It's just amazing to see a younger audience out there," he continued. "When we made a decision to be a band again, a lot of people were saying, 'You guys are like DEF LEPPARD ? your audience is going to be, like, 40-year-olds.' And we were like, 'What the fuck?!' The most exciting part of this has been seeing new faces as well as the original faces ? our original fans are wonderful. But as a band, you want to reinvent yourself and you hope you get rediscovered. BLACK SABBATH is a great example; U2's evolved. They have a new audience and kept the original audience. That's our dream."

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #748 on: August 26, 2005, 10:23:05 AM »

Dude Mick was rocking before Slash even knew how to play guitar.

I mean, because of his HAT man, its a copy Wink
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #749 on: August 28, 2005, 09:04:00 AM »

M?TLEY CR?E have been confirmed as the support act for THE ROLLING STONES at the following dates:

Oct. 30 - Seattle, WA - KeyArena
Nov. 01 - Portland, OR - Rose Garden Arena

sandman
Legend

« Reply #750 on: August 28, 2005, 06:51:35 PM »

i went to the crue show at the borgata in AC on friday, april 19. it was awesome. the borgata is GA and holds 3,000 people. it has the best sound system i've ever heard. and it's a small venue but it's very wide, so the stage is huge.

i was a little nervous about seeing them in a small venue but they sounded great as ever. we managed to get all the way up front on nikki's side (cause most of the crowd weren't die-hards). their energy level was awesome, and even mick mars was all over the stage. my buddy took some pics which i will try to post.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #751 on: August 28, 2005, 07:04:07 PM »

crue at the borgata in AC...

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #752 on: August 29, 2005, 01:45:28 AM »

I got two weeks till I see The Crue and I cant fucking wait!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #753 on: August 29, 2005, 05:06:20 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx has posted the following message in his online diary:

"Today was the last night with SUM 41, SILVERTIDE and THE EXIES. Made some great friends, wrote some great music... Gonna miss all the bands a lot. The last day of a group of bands traveling the country together is always sad. We bond in music. I would like to thank them all for touring with us. See you guys real soon.

"My heart can't take not seeing [wife] Donna and our children, so im leaving after the show tomorrow for a quick one day trip home. God, I miss home. Can't wait to see everybody's faces and lay in my wife's arms...

"I'm soooo tired. Me and Tommy [Lee] started and finished a song we wrote with Scott and David from THE EXIES today.... No sleep... Just straight into the studio to cut a demo.... But for now all i can think of is home sweet home...

"Baby, I'm on my way..."

Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #754 on: August 29, 2005, 06:41:52 PM »

I got two weeks till I see The Crue and I cant fucking wait!

WOO!!! Make sure to tell everyone (MAINLY ME) how it is!!! I cant wait to see the crue later this yr in Aus!!!  ok  yes

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #755 on: August 31, 2005, 02:40:12 PM »

Q&A: Tommy Lee
Motley Crue's drummer has a solo CD, a reality show and a hot tour -- but he still can't score with Eva Longoria

Somehow, between gigging on Motley Crue's current world tour, writing an autobiography, banging chicks, getting wasted, being a father and attending classes at the University of Nebraska for his new NBC reality series, Tommy Lee has found time to record a new album! Lee's third solo disc, Tommyland: The Ride, features collaborations -- some surprisingly mellow and melodic -- with bros like Dave Navarro, Sum 41's Deryck Whibley, Good Charlotte's Joel Madden and Backstreet Boy Nick Carter. Answering questions while on a bus trip to Washington, D.C., for a Crue gig, Lee says he is exhausted and hung over. "I got fucking mashed last night," he says. "I had champagne, vodka, Jagermeister -- a full-on alcohol salad. I was partying with Eva Longoria and a couple of buddies. She said she was going out with some French basketball dude. It's so wrong."

Do you remember the first time you broke a drumstick?

I was probably twelve when I started breaking them. I remember every time I'd break one I'd have to tape the fucking things back together. I was mowing lawns and painting houses just to afford them. At that point, the Regal Tips were, like, five dollars a set.

What Motley Crue song did you write the fastest?

"Girls, Girls, Girls." I was like, "Y'know what, every night all we fucking do is go to strip clubs. I gotta write about this experience." It wrote itself in about five minutes.

Nice. What song reminds you of your two kids?

I have a song on my new record called "Good Times." My youngest boy, Dylan -- he's almost eight -- he plays that fucking thing over and over and over. It freaks me out, but I love it -- that one of his favorite songs is by his dad. It's so fucking rad.

How long did you debate having Nick Carter on your new record?

[Laughs] I knew that was coming. Nick wanted me to write for him on his solo record. He wanted something edgier, and I was like, "Hmm, I don't know." But I took a meeting with him, and much to my surprise he was a huge rock fan. I popped out his CD player in his car and it was filled with Physical Graffiti and AC/DC and Sabbath. It kinda blew my mind. We did these two killer tracks together, so I said, "Can I use one of those?" Let me tell you something: That motherfucker came into the studio and out-partied people like Slash. [Nick's] a fucking maniac. And that's coming from me. I mean, I'm serious.

So your studio is stocked with everything you need to party?

Whatever you want, it's all here.

Have you ever done a huge rail of coke off your snare drum?

Not off the snare, but I used to fill up a beer cap to the brim and smash the fucker into my nose and play the last two songs of an encore. Definitely.

Who's the best producer in hip-hop?

Rick Rubin produced "99 Problems" -- the raddest hip-hop track ever. And Timbaland did Missy Elliott's "Lose Control," and that's a fucking bangin' track. I've talked to Missy about making some beats: "Just let me wail on some drums -- we could make the fucking sickest shit ever." We're working on that.

Have your college classes inspired any new songs?

Not yet. But during English Literature the professor had my autobiography on her desk. She said, "One of our students here is a best-selling author, and we're going to dissect his writing today!" I was like, "Wow, this is fucking surreal." She thought it was interesting that it started with me arguing with my penis. She said it was clever.

Best drum solo ever?

"Moby Dick," dude. Fucking John Bonham. By far.

Your new CD is cheap: $9.99. Do you think that albums, in general, are a rip-off?

I can't even remember the last time I went to a record store. I've spent a lot of money on iTunes -- got my credit card up there and I just keep clicking. I'm so sick of buying records for two good songs.

What have you downloaded lately?

There's this new band called Fall Out Boy. I like them. Some Sigur Ros. And Anna Nalick's song "Breathe" -- I think the lyrics are genius.

What two musicians would you pay to see in a sex tape right now?

Fuck! Eminem and Shakira. It's time for him to release a sex tape. He's slippin'.

What's the most insane thing you've seen looking into the audience on this current Crue tour?

Every night we have the Titty Cam, where all these girls get their fucking titties out. That doesn't suck. But Nikki [Sixx] will get the whole crowd to sit down and say, "Take a good look around. This is what it looks like at a Creed concert." Then he says, "On the count of three, I want everyone to jump up and lose their fucking minds!" When they get up, it's the craziest thing I've ever seen. Fucking bananas.

Has any band ever seen more tits than the Crue?

Not a chance.

Motley Crue's autobiography The Dirt is being made into a movie. What will be your favorite scene?

[Laughs] Watching Nikki OD and die for a few minutes.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #756 on: August 31, 2005, 02:49:20 PM »

Nikki [Sixx] will get the whole crowd to sit down and say, "Take a good look around. This is what it looks like at a Creed concert."

Haha, Nikki substituted Ashlee Simpson in there at one show I saw.  He said "this is what is look like at a fucking Aslee Simpson show.  Talentless cunt!"   hihi
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #757 on: August 31, 2005, 05:40:59 PM »

Nikki [Sixx] will get the whole crowd to sit down and say, "Take a good look around. This is what it looks like at a Creed concert."

Haha, Nikki substituted Ashlee Simpson in there at one show I saw.  He said "this is what is look like at a fucking Aslee Simpson show.  Talentless cunt!"   hihi

Toronto Concert Rigth?

journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #758 on: August 31, 2005, 06:47:34 PM »

Q&A: Tommy Lee

Every night we have the Titty Cam, where all these girls get their fucking titties out.

Women have come such a long way.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #759 on: August 31, 2005, 11:24:31 PM »

Toronto Concert Rigth?

Nope, but I guess this means he's been using that example a few times.? ?Grin

Women have come such a long way.

Haha, you should've been at the shows I attended.  One time Tommy didn't see enough boobs so he got pissed off and screamed about it.  Nikki tried to calm him down by saying him to show the crowd his dick if he wanted to see nudity.  He replied by saying "Naw man, there ain't enough fucking titties out there for me to pull my dick out!"

At another show I was at, some chick completed undressed, and Tommy said "DAMN!  This girl's showing pussy!  You guys aren't fucking around tonight!"  and then he swooped in on her with the camera and kept calling "Pussy!  Pussy!  Pussy!"
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 11:27:06 PM by Bridge » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: