Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:33:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 345957 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #720 on: July 27, 2005, 02:38:27 PM »

MOTLEY CRUE KICKED OFF THERE CARNIVAL OF SINS TOUR JULY 24th IN COLORADO

Heres a review from the 2nd show-Thanks to ajponsig

Its 1:15am, and i'm tired and deaf, but I know a lot of you are anxious to hear details about the second leg of the tour so I am posting now.

I have good news and bad news...

The good news... the show is almost exactly the same!!
The bad news... the show is almost exactly the same!!

Now that it all over and the adrenaline has wore off its hard to be positive. I saw 4 shows on the spring leg of the tour so to see the exact same show was kind of disappointing. I shouldn't say exactly the same... it was shorter by 2 songs. They cut out "If I die tomorrow" and "helter skelter" That could be attributed to the time factor. With a curfew in place the Crue was up against the clock towards the end of the set (the tittie cam was 5-10 minutes and well worth it). But really it was the exact same show... same stage, same songs, same pyro, same movie to start the set, same drum and bass solo, same everything.

Don't get me wrong the performance was great. The band sounded tight, and Mick is getting healthier everyday. At the end of Kickstart he had the rest of the band in a holding pattern as he busted into an impromptu solo. They were loving it and he shredded on guitar all night long. He also joined Tommy in sporting the white clown face make-up. Nikki had black lines all over his face, and Vince is sporting some new leather vests that have Motley Crue written on the back.

The crowd was awesome! Almost a complete full house (including the GA lawn) probably about 15 thousand. For all you Access Hollywood gossip hounds Pam watched the whole show from the side of the stage right behind Mick's guitar rack.

All in all another great night with the Crue, but like I said, the exact same show. At the very least they should have added some different songs. I mean most of the people at these shows saw them in the spring. Its kind of a rip-off that they didn't give us anything different. Maybe they will change things up as they go, but night one was nothing new.

As for the openers I only saw Sum 41 and they were o.k. I will say this, don't get there too late. If its an outdoor show find out the venue curfew and get there at least 2 1/2 hours before. Here at Irvine the Crue hit the stage at 8:45 and got off at 11:15 (which I thing was 15 minutes past curfew) Although they still take that lame ass intermission which is such a momentum killer!

Heres the Set List:
Shout at the Devil
Too Fast
10 seconds
Red Hot
On with the Show
Too Young
Looks that Kill
Louder than Hell
Live Wire

*Intermission*

Girls (with the motorcycles again)0
Wildside
Don't go Away Mad
Primal Scream
Glitter/Without You
Home Sweet Home
Bass Solo (shorter, he got right to the pyro)
Dr Feelgood
Drum Solo (its the same and still weak)
SOS
Sick Love Song
**Tittie cam**
Kickstart my Heart

(encore) Anarchy

Thats it Crue fans... enjoy the Carnival of Sins... just don't expect anything new... if you do you will come away a little disapointed.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #721 on: July 27, 2005, 04:06:53 PM »

I have tickets for Sept 11th and I havent seen the show yet so i am thrilled they are keeping it the same.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #722 on: July 27, 2005, 05:15:46 PM »

i saw them in irvine last night, pretty much the same as when i saw them play in march. it was pretty decent

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #723 on: July 29, 2005, 12:20:14 AM »

The shows are a fun time but the performances got alot to be desired. My biggest gripe with Motley is they use a backing tape for the majority of the show. From what i could tell all of the backing vocals are from a backing tape. Nikki was singing bv's but was totally out of synch with the songs. I also think they should bring Corabi back to play rhythm then they could also do some MC94 songs as well.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #724 on: July 29, 2005, 12:36:11 AM »

They leave out enough good old songs as it is.  We don't need Corabi tunes taking up space.  Motley Crue is Vince, Nikki, Mick, and Tommy.  John Corabi is a cool, talented guy...but he doesn't belong in Motley.  The only changes I would want to see for this leg of the tour are for them to throw in a couple different tunes (Public Enemy #1, All In The Name Of, Danger, some stuff off New Tatoo), and a different drum solo.  One where Tommy plays drums, not garbage cans and all that other weird shit he was doing.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #725 on: July 29, 2005, 01:06:49 AM »

I'm seeing them in December on their Australian tour and I hope they still keep the same setlist then because I haven't seen this show yet either.

I know it can be a bummer for those who've been to a few shows, but there's also allot of people seeing the show for the first time.

Besides, if they keep this momentum going with a new album and another tour after that, they can mix up the setlist then. This is more of a greatest hits setlist for everyone.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #726 on: July 29, 2005, 01:14:56 AM »

I'm seeing them in December on their Australian tour and I hope they still keep the same setlist then because I haven't seen this show yet either.

I know it can be a bummer for those who've been to a few shows, but there's also allot of people seeing the show for the first time.

Besides, if they keep this momentum going with a new album and another tour after that, they can mix up the setlist then. This is more of a greatest hits setlist for everyone.

Very true...I'm not saying they should drastically change the set, just a couple different tunes.  That way everybody's happy.  Would you really be that upset if you got say Piece Of Your Action instead of 10 Seconds To Love.  Both awesome tunes, just something different.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #727 on: July 30, 2005, 01:18:22 PM »

Deal with the devil
By TARA MERRIN -- Calgary Sun

Remember the time Nikki Sixx caught on fire and a clown sprayed him with fire extinguisher?

Or the time the midget riding the motorcycle mistakenly hit the gas and Evel Knieveled off the stage?

No? Well, the members of Motley Crue do, and they say it's all part of putting on one of the most elaborate circus/rock acts ever seen by man.

"When it first all came together, I was just blown away. Just to see Vince (Neil) singing and then behind him, girls hanging by chains, Harleys on the stage and pyros going off, I mean, it was just like wow," says Crue bassist Sixx of the Carnival of Sins tour.

Calgary fans who took in the metal band's show at the Saddledome in April, shouldn't expect anything new when it hits the stage Wednesday.

"It's pretty much the same," says Sixx.

What will change, however, is the addition of three opening acts -- Sum 41, The Exies and Silvertide.

This, Sixx believes, will add a new fervent vibe to the over-the-top show.

"We like new bands because they bring new energy and new fans. Besides, we asked the Stones and U2, but they passed."

Though the opening bands may attract a few young ones, Motley Crue is definitely the main draw.

In April, the band -- who, only six years ago played to a much smaller crowd at Max Bell -- was blown over by the response of its local fans.

"The crowd was much, much louder than they have ever been before.

"It was much cooler this time around," says guitarist Mick Mars, adding he has no idea why Motley Crue has suddenly become so big again.

"We went down to the crossroads and made a deal with the devil."

When the Crue reunited in 2004, many critics believed it was only a matter of time before they would break-up.

But Sixx sees no end in sight.

"Small stuff is small stuff, but we turned it into the big stuff. As much as we haven't grown up, we have grown up in that sense," he says.

"We're allowed to fight, we're allowed to have a bad day, but in the end, we're going to be together for (expletive) ever."

So what will the notorious group be like on the road when they're in their 60s? Frontman Neil says probably the same as they were 20 years ago.

"This tour isn't anything different -- we always had families, even in the early days of Motley Crue. We are no different than any other band out there, it's just that people tended to write about us and talk about us," he says.

"I don't know why people really dwell on this whole give me a great story, give me a road story. Who cares? You know, go to the show -- that's the best part."

Meanwhile, the never-ending sagas of the new album and big-screen version of The Dirt, a raunchy, tell-all band bio released in 2001, continue.

Sixx says the band has no intention of rushing the new CD, which isn't likely to be out until well into 2006, or the movie.

"We had a director, but he was pulled from us by Paramount, who is our partner to do a $150-million movie. So we're sort of in the midst of looking for a new director. It will happen, but ... I'm falling apart (waiting)."

The Carnival of Sins comes to the Saddledome Wednesday night at 6 p.m.

Motley Crue band members Nikki Sixx, center, Tommy Lee, right, and Vince Neil, left, answer questions during during a news conference announcing the rockers' reunion tour, Monday, Dec. 6, 2004, in the Hollywood section of Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Rene Macura)

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #728 on: July 31, 2005, 01:40:06 PM »

Jennifer Ordonez of Newsweek reports: When '80s metal band M?TLEY CR?E announced late last year they were reuniting and ready to rock hard on the road, concert promoters, coming off one of their worst years ever, yawned. It didn't matter that Tommy Lee would be back behind the drums. Or that the CR?E would be even more motley, adding fire-breathing midgets and acrobatic strippers to the show. In a business where buzz is everything, few promoters believed fans would pay $55 to watch the aging boomers relive their party days.

Wrong. The "Red, White and Cr?e...Better Live Than Dead" tour has turned out to be one of the year's hottest. "We knew it was going to work," says CR?E manager Allen Kovac. Why? Because he had done something very un-rock and roll: market research. "In this industry, everyone is used to going by their gut," says Kovac. "[But] we actually saw how wide the demo was for M?TLEY CR?E."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #729 on: July 31, 2005, 10:30:56 PM »

Malibu magazine recently conducted an interview with M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

Q: Your presence is unavoidably inspirational. And there definitely seems to be a softer, more spiritual side to you...

Tommy: "Yeah, I have had the opportunity to be surrounded by some really good people. One guy in particular, I like to call him my life coach. That guy has pointed me in a couple of really cool directions, and ways of thinking. The main thing, I guess, is to be really very compassionate with everyone. I also did some jail time a few years ago. Spent a whole summer in jail reading books. I pumped a ton of new knowledge and new thinking into myself. Since I was 17 years old, I have been on the road and basically have had in fourth gear floored, popping wheelies, and never really had a chance to sit down and do some introspective work on who the fuck am I, what am I, and what I want out of life. It sounds kind of strange, but jail time was almost a good experience for me. I would have preferred a cabin in Montana, but no phone, a shitload of books, just checked in with myself. I think I got to know who I am. I turned a really shitty experience into something truly positive for me. I tried to stay positive no matter what."

Q: You've spent a lot of time living here in Malibu, so what do you think about it?

Tommy: "You know what?! I love it. I just recently sold my house there. I got a temporary place in Hollywood, 'cause I was out here recording so much and also I've been gone on tour since February with M?TLEY. But I'd like to find another place there when I am done next year touring and all of that. I lived up on Kanan and Mulholland. It's a bit of a drive, but once you get there, the horses, vineyards, it's just so peaceful. It's almost scary quiet. No streetlights... You're just out in the cut. I could crank my music; play drums, all hours of the night and nobody trips."

Q: You must want to be back close to your boys?

Tommy: "Yeah, I can't wait for that. They're so funny. I asked them the other day if they had girlfriends in school. They were like, 'No dad, that's gross.' They're going to be all over the place, though. Good-looking little monkeys."

Q: What about you? Any special ladies?

Tommy: "Nah. You know what?! I am really diggin' being single. I was married to Heather for seven years, Pamela five. Lot of years of marriage, I am just enjoying just trippin' out by myself."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #730 on: August 09, 2005, 04:50:43 PM »

ratdaddyvince recently conducted an interview with Stormy, daughter of M?TLEY CR?E guitarist Mick Mars. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

Ratdaddyvince.com: What was it like growing up Mick Mars's daughter?

Stormy: "I was very fortunate, being born to the parents I was.

Ratdaddyvince.com: How has it affected your daily life?

Stormy: "It makes me more aware of my surroundings and stuff. I love that there are fans and stuff, but I have had to learn who is a friend and who is just a fan ... ya know? There are a lot of really cool people, but then there are also some that are a little out there."

Ratdaddyvince.com: Did you ever play it up who your dad was in high school?

Stormy: "No not at all, I guess that is when I realized you had to know the difference in a friend and a fan. People would try to get stuff off me and ask all kinds of stuff, but then there were people who were cool about it and wanted to know me, whether I was Mick Mars's daughter or not. Les and I have friends from high school that we still see to this day."

Ratdaddyvince.com: I know that your dad has A.S. [chronic degenerative illness called Ankylosing Spondylitis, which fuses together the joints and bones of the spine], but I am sorry to say that I just recently learned that you inherited it too. How do you deal with it?

Stormy: "Well ... I, like my dad, have my good days and my bad days. A.S. is usually passed though males, there is only like a 2% chance of a female getting it ... guess I got lucky that way. I mostly get pains in my legs and hips, I have a lot of Lower back pain and left shoulder pain. And again, like my dad, I was hooked on all kinds of pain medication. A.S. affects your immune system, and the pain medication weakens it too. I got pneumonia last year, and it was really bad. It also affected my emotions to an extent. I got very apathetic at times and thought all would be better if only I took another pill or two. But now I have a good pain management team and I take alternate med's to keep limber and as a result, my head is loads clearer and I am actually feeling a lot better now a days."

Ratdaddyvince.com: From all reports I am hearing, your dad is doing ever so much better out on the road now. When the reunion first got announced, his health was an issue on everyone's mind, but now it looks as if he will out last them all!

Stormy: "Yeah he is doing so great! He loves it out there, just playing his music for everyone, he lives for that. And him being off the pain med's has boosted his energy and he is having the time of his life, doing something he really loves. Touring and making people happy."

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #731 on: August 09, 2005, 05:32:25 PM »

Really good to see Mick is doing better.  I didn't know about his daughter though.  That sucks.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #732 on: August 10, 2005, 05:00:51 PM »

According to Chronological Crue, M?TLEY CR?E have added two more dates to their previously announced Australian tour in December.

After selling out Vodafone Arena, CR?E is giving Melbourne the chance to get real up close and personal with a one-off show at the Palais Theatre.

Andrew McManus Presents has announced the CR?E will be rockin' the Palais Theatre on Wednesday December 7, the night after their sold-out Vodafone Arena show on Tuesday December 6.

The Palais show will feature a slightly scaled down version of their rip-snorting circus-themed arena spectacular, but hell, here's the chance to get real intimate with Tommy, Nikki, Vinceand Mick in an encore performance that promises to be one of THE shows of the year!

The CR?E are giving young up-and-comers AIRBOURNE the chance to strut their stuff as the support act. With a healthy respect for the fine art of foot-to-the-floor rock'n'roll, AIRBOURNE are looking like part of the next wave of great Aussie rock.

Tickets go on sale Monday, August 22.

In other news, the CR?E are set to rock Perth in a huge outdoor concert at Claremont Showgrounds on Saturday December 10, to be called Blackjack. Far more than just a M?TLEY CR?E concert, Blackjack is set to be the ultimate cocktail of glamour, sleaze, mind-blowing production & scorching guitars.

Blackjack will happen on two concert stages from 5:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m., featuring six bands, all invited because they adhere to the true spirit of rock 'n' roll. This hellishly hard-rockin' night will feature the legendary MOT?RHEAD, THE LIVING END, FIREBALLS, CASANOVAS and DAY OF THE DEAD.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #733 on: August 10, 2005, 11:46:27 PM »

Anyone else buy Tommy's CD?

This Cd kicks fucking Ass!!!!!!!!!!

go to www.tommylee.tv after u buy the cd and put it into your disc drive and u get some exclusives on the website

u get to see him perform

Good times
Hello Again
Trying To Be me

all in the studio

u get to see the Good Times video and access a few more clips on the Tommy Stations

CD is cheap only 9.72 at walmart and worth every single penny!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #734 on: August 11, 2005, 11:07:21 AM »

Tommy's New Cd  it is fuckin good.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #735 on: August 15, 2005, 04:46:40 PM »

Saw the Crue last night in Jersey...great show, even though it was the same show I saw in March.  Actually it wasn't exactly the same.  They cut out Too Young To Fall In Love, Helter Skelter, and If I Die Tomorow.  They also cut out Tommy's drum solo...I didn't mind that.  Still a great show though...when they did Home Sweet Home Vince had the crowd sing the whole first verse.  We sang it so loud, it was like the entire place knew every word.  One of my all-time favorite concert moments.  Also Mick Mars was fucking great.  When I saw them in March he stood in one place the whole show.  This time he was walking around and doing some stage moves and stuff.  He was 10 times more lively than the last time.  The only low points were Tommy Lee not being able to shut his mouth and having to see Nikki Sixx's piece.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #736 on: August 18, 2005, 08:56:33 PM »

Launch Radio Networks is reporting that ROB ZOMBIE, M?TLEY CR?E, INCUBUS and SMASHING PUMPKINS founder Billy Corgan are among the artists who will tape performances for a new VH1 Classic program called "Decades Rock Live". Each one-hour segment will spotlight an influential rock or soul artist of the past 50 years performing alongside younger acts that the artist has had an impact on. There's no word yet on when most of the individual artists will appear, or in what combination.

"Decades Rock Live" will premiere in October.

Other musicians scheduled to take part in upcoming segments include ALICE COOPER, CHEAP TRICK, BONNIE RAITT, SHERYL CROW, CYNDI LAUPER and LYNYRD SKYNYRD.

The first program, featuring DOORS members Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger collaborating with Perry Farrell and others, was tap

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #737 on: August 24, 2005, 03:00:03 PM »

Im happy they gathered again... its a great band.... sadly tommy seems to be more focused in his personal, solo career than in the band....

@;---.-,----,.---,.---,-.-,.--,.-,.-- The perfect Rose
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #738 on: August 24, 2005, 05:15:35 PM »

Tommy has the best of both worlds, a solo career and a career with Crue. I think he knows if it wasn`t for Motley Crue he`d be playing really small venues.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #739 on: August 24, 2005, 05:36:05 PM »

Mick mars, a Slash wannabe ? in the live 8 concert hehe

@;---.-,----,.---,.---,-.-,.--,.-,.-- The perfect Rose
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »