Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:31:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 346093 times)
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #700 on: July 13, 2005, 09:52:19 PM »

The Shout at the Devil remix I actually like better than the original for some reason.

Anyway, I have 2 questions:

1. Has anyone heard their never released on cd track "Nobody Knows What it?s Like To Be Lonely"? It?s on their Lewd Crewd and Tattoed dvd and it?s extremely good.

2. How on earth did a Simple Plan song end up in the Cr?e camp?
I actually like the remix better aswell i think it has a much better intro, seems like a much fuller song.

1. Yeah it's quite good nothing amazing but enjoyable enough i am suprised it has only ever been released on that dvd i thought it would of been a bonus on some compalation.
2. I think it has because of Nikki Sixx the dude seems to get around alot these days and has done song-writing with many different artists (Saliva i think are one of them) so i am guessing on his song-writing travels he came across this un-used song and thought hey this is quite good if i change this bit and..... Personally i am not too keen but what the hey i can get past that by just being happy that the band is back together and have done some decent new songs like Sick Love Song & I'm A Liar (And That's The Truth)
They're better than decent, they're great!!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #701 on: July 13, 2005, 10:01:45 PM »

I know! how can it not have Live Wire, Helter Skelter and have a remix of Shout At The Devil?

Yeah, that Shout At The Devil remix is pretty lousy.? That's one of their signature songs, and they don't have the real version of it.

I prefer the newer version.
That version got me back into them when they played it live at the AMA's in 1997. I don't know how you can not like the new rocked up version over the mid-paced original.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #702 on: July 14, 2005, 09:45:10 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E's "Red, White, and Cr?e 2005...Better Live Than Dead" tour was the sixth highest-grossing tour of the first half of 2005, according to Pollstar magazine. The reunited band have generated a total $21.3 million over the course of four-and-a-half months ? far beyond what was initially expected from the Los Angeles-based hard rock act.

Pollstar's Mid-Year Top 100 Tours chart:

01. U2 ($48.4 million)
02. CELINE DION ($43.9 million)
03. KENNY CHESNEY ($35.0 million)
04. ELTON JOHN ($31.7 million)
05. EAGLES ($28.0 million)
06. M?TLEY CR?E ($21.3 million)
07. CHER ($18.3 million)
08. RIVERDANCE ($18.0 million)
09. JOSH GROBAN ($16.9 million)
10. JIMMY BUFFETT ($15.9 million)

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #703 on: July 15, 2005, 10:35:00 AM »

M?TLEY CR?E's 55-date North American summer expedition ? with openers Sum 41, THE EXIES and SILVERTIDE ? is set to kick off July 27 in Sacramento, California.

Bassist Nikki Sixx told MTV.com that the second time around the continent's going to similar to their last outing. "We'd initially planned on changing the show quite a bit and then, in just talking to fans, and knowing that we're going to so many cities we haven't been to, we decided that we're going to keep it pretty much the same. We might play some different songs here and there, but at this point, it's a pretty labor-intensive show, and we decided to just take it around one more time."

"Vince has said over and over again, 'Rock and roll never really goes away,'" Sixx added. "Pop artists come and they go, but they never really come back. Rock bands, we go through phases of being more or less popular. ... We've been discovered by a new audience, a younger audience."

CR?E's "Carnival of Sins", a special double-disc DVD, hits stores October 4 and features footage from a concert in Grand Rapids, Michigan, along with behind-the-scenes footage, in-depth interviews, a Claymation film, music videos and more.

"We shot it in high-def, we had 18 cameras, and it has a lot of the behind the scenes, putting together of the show," Sixx said.

"It shows every guy doing their, like, ritual or whatever, like [drummer] Tommy [Lee] blasting music, or me kicking back or meditating or whatever ? how each of us prepares to go onstage," guitarist Mick Mars added. "Me putting on makeup and all that kind of crap. I'm the only guy who wears makeup. The rest of the guys have natural beauty."

The CR?E are even planning to record new material soon.

"We look forward to creating some new songs," Sixx said. "It won't be this year. We're definitely going back to do an album. The hard part is finding the time. This tour keeps adding dates and adding dates, so it's hard to pinpoint when people ask, 'When are you going into the studio?' The only thing you can say is 'When the tour ends.' We don't know when it will end yet. It's more important to have a great record than to rush getting it out. It's important for us to put a great record out."

Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #704 on: July 15, 2005, 07:37:41 PM »

I don?t see an album coming out until late spring/early summer 2006...however, I belive it?s gonna kick lots lots lots of ass.

has anyone read The Dirt? how is it?

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #705 on: July 16, 2005, 02:42:20 PM »

The Dirt is an amazing book. I couldnt put it down once i got through the first few pages.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #706 on: July 16, 2005, 02:52:57 PM »

Yeah, I highly recomend The Dirt.  Its everything you'd ever want to know about Motley Crue and then some.  Once you start reading it you're not gonna want to stop.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #707 on: July 19, 2005, 07:30:14 AM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: The reunited M?TLEY CR?E has been telling concert audiences that the band fully intends to go back into the studio and record a new album. So when's it going to happen? Bassist Nikki Sixx told Launch that the band isn't planning to rush an album out just to capitalize on its new popularity. "There's one thing we all agree on in the band, which is it's more important to have a great record than to rush getting it out," he said. "In other words, if it takes us a year, meaning to write the songs and demo the songs and then record the record and get it ready to put out ? that's more important than just trying to put a record out. It's important to us to have a great record."

Sixx said the CR?E has already started collecting riffs and lyrical ideas but hasn't really started to turn them into songs.

The band included three new recordings on its recent "Red, White & Cr?e" compilation: originals "If I Die Tomorrow" and "Sick Love Song", plus a cover of the ROLLING STONES' "Street Fighting Man".

The group will release a DVD, "Carnival of Sin", on October 4.

The CR?E launches its Carnival of Sin North American summer jaunt on July 24 in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The group's successful reunion tour is slated to roll into 2006.

missymilsaps
« Reply #708 on: July 19, 2005, 10:18:32 AM »

hey yall, this is my first thread or reply lol.. so bare with me.  I was wondering if anyone can tell me how I can find out who is going to be in concert with Motley Crue on September 11, 2005 at the Thompson Bowling Arena, I have bought tickets but for some reason they aren't telling the guests.  If anyone knows please let me know.. Thanks and yall have a great day
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #709 on: July 19, 2005, 02:33:11 PM »

It should be Silvertide, The Exies, and Sum 41.  Those are the bands touring with them through the summer.  I'm assuming they'll still be there for the show you're going to.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #710 on: July 19, 2005, 08:57:11 PM »

Niki Sixx was in my dream the other night...I was at some school and then in some apartment, and he arrived to both places. I remember watching him, all dressed in black, walking towards me and me thinking how huge he looked, then he sat with hi slaptop and began typing something..we talked but I don?t remember what about.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #711 on: July 19, 2005, 10:10:41 PM »

Well thats just fukin dandy ok

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #712 on: July 20, 2005, 12:04:46 AM »

hey yall, this is my first thread or reply lol.. so bare with me.? I was wondering if anyone can tell me how I can find out who is going to be in concert with Motley Crue on September 11, 2005 at the Thompson Bowling Arena, I have bought tickets but for some reason they aren't telling the guests.? If anyone knows please let me know.. Thanks and yall have a great day

Im also attending this concert at Thompson Bolling, I cant wait!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #713 on: July 20, 2005, 07:42:07 AM »

World Entertainment News Network is reporting that M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee has confirmed he and his ex-wife Pamela Anderson are set to exchange vows for the third time.

After days of speculation about the couple's on-off love affair after they were spotted holidaying together in Hawaii, Lee has revealed they are planning another big day.

In an e-mail to entertainment news show "Access Hollywood", Lee answered the marriage question by stating, "Yes, I love Pamela. That's my girl."

As for a date for the big day, he added, "No date yet, baby. Soon!"

The pair tied the knot on a beach just days after they met in 1995. They remarried shortly after, wearing space suits ? and went on to have two sons together, but divorced in 1998 after Lee was arrested for spousal abuse.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #714 on: July 22, 2005, 04:50:18 PM »

Pamela Anderson has refuted published reports that she and ex-husband M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee are planning on tying the knot once again.

After the couple were spotted holidaying in Hawaii recently, gossip magazines speculated the pair are getting back together, according to FemaleFirst.co.uk.

On Wednesday (July 20), Anderson rejected the rumors by stating, "There is absolutely no truth to the recent tabloid reports Tommy Lee and I are engaged and getting married.

"I have two beautiful children with Tommy and I will continue to be close friends and supportive of him."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #715 on: July 22, 2005, 05:07:40 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: M?TLEY CR?E returns to the road this weekend to begin its "Carnival of Sins" North American tour on Sunday in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The outing follows the successful "Red, White & Cr?e" tour held earlier this year, and bassist Nikki Sixx said fans shouldn't expect many changes for the summer shows. "Well, we had initially planned on changing the show quite a bit," he said. "And then in just talking to fans and knowing that we're going to so many cities we haven't been to, we've decided that at this point, you know, it's a pretty labor-intensive show and we've decided to, you know, just take it around a one more time."

The "Carnival of Sins" tour will run through mid-October, finishing October 16 in Sioux City, Iowa.

M?TLEY CR?E will release a "Carnival of Sins" DVD on October 4. It was filmed at a "Red, White & Cr?e" concert in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #716 on: July 26, 2005, 07:52:14 PM »

MOTLEY CRUE WILL OPEN SEVERAL DATES FOR THE STONES

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #717 on: July 27, 2005, 08:42:01 AM »

M?TLEY CR?E guitarist Mick Mars spoke to Steve Black of Detroit's WRIF 101.1 FM earlier this month about the group's "Carnival of Sins" tour and his relationship with his CR?E bandmates, among other topics. Asked for an update on his health [Mars suffers from a chronic degenerative illness called Ankylosing Spondylitis, which fuses together the joints and bones of the spine. He underwent hip replacement surgery in October.], Mick said, "There was a couple of years that I was pretty bad that I hadn't picked up the guitar at all. But I was going like, 'I've gotta get over this, man. I need to get out and tour, it's what I do, it's what I love.' The prescription drugs that the doctors were giving me were killing me. And I couldn't get off them. And I was screaming for help, for people to help me. And finally Nikki [Sixx, bass] and Allen Kovac [manager] had come over and said, 'We're gonna give you the help that you need.' And from then on, it's been uphill. But I was pretty bad off for a couple of years."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #718 on: July 27, 2005, 08:43:27 AM »

M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee revealed during an appearance on the "Rockline" syndicated radio show earlier this week that the CR?E will support THE ROLLING STONES at four shows late summer/early fall. Among the cities tentatively scheduled to feature the CR?E are Chicago, Portland and Seattle. No further information is currently available

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #719 on: July 27, 2005, 02:19:17 PM »

According to VideoBusiness.com, Clear Channel is spending $1.5 million to $3 million on the production budget for M?TLEY CR?E's "Carnival of Sins" DVD, shooting concerts in high-definition video.

The DVD also includes a bonus disc, comprised of interviews, a documentary and a clay animation film. "Carnival of Sins" will retail for $24.98.

To boost sales of its first music DVD, Clear Channel will be hyping "Carnival of Sins" on big screens at venues where M?TLEY CR?E will be performing.

The company unveiled its DVD strategy at VSDA 2004. Parent Clear Channel Entertainment operates and promotes concerts at about 140 different venues. It presents about 32,000 events a year.

DVD coupons are expected to be packed inside M?TLEY CR?E concert ticket packs.

There also are plans for 100 radio stations, under parent Clear Channel Communications, to promote the DVD by driving listeners to check out disc clips at web site www.ccradio.com.

Apple music service iTunes is offering a Podcast that features preview soundbites from "Carnival of Sins".

"We're very happy and fortunate to be able to have a great relationship with our corporate cousins," Clear Channel Entertainment senior VP Steve Sterling said. "We have a lot of the same initiatives and agendas."

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: