Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:35:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 345491 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #560 on: March 07, 2005, 04:51:53 PM »

Heres Some Pictures From The Boston Show

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #561 on: March 07, 2005, 04:58:16 PM »

As the eagerly anticipated M?TLEY CR?E "Red White & Cr?e Tour 2005 ... Better Live than Dead", presented by VH1 and VH1 Classic, launches in cities across the U.S. and around the world, it is advised that fans get to their seats in time for the start.

Each show on what Pollstar has called the year's #1 tour, which has already sold out major venues in Chicago, Detroit and Los Angeles, among others, will begin with the specially created clay-animated short featuring members of the CR?E saving the world from imminent destruction, taken from Dream Entertainment's upcoming clay-animated feature film "Disaster! The Movie". Additionally, highlights of Dream's full-length theatrical feature, in which the band appears in a cameo role, will be shown during intermission at each concert. The film is scheduled for worldwide release later this year, with several distributors in the U.S. and Europe currently bidding on the finished production.

Dream Entertainment, the L.A. based production company helmed by film veterans Ehud Bleiberg and Yitzhak Ginsberg, created the customized excerpt with the CR?E especially for the tour. Roy Wood, who had a short stint at MTV's popular "Celebrity Death Match" series and as an animator at "MAD-TV", directed the movie. Ginsberg and Bleiberg produced the film along with John Glen, Travis Wright and Even Astrowski, while Paul Benson and Matt Sullivan wrote the screenplay.

The outrageously hilarious introductory short, which was voiced by the band members themselves, will be followed at intermission by "coming attractions" for the full-length feature about a group of unlikely heroes, led by vulcanoligist Harold Bottoms, who aim to save the world from a runaway "planetoid" in a raunchy, no-holds-barred parody of such action movies as "Armageddon", "Twister", "Star Wars" and "Apollo 13".

The unusual pairing was cemented when M?TLEY CR?E member Nikki Sixx viewed the movie and invited the filmmakers to contribute footage to show at the start of the concert and during intermission, where coming attractions from the full-length feature will set the stage for the second half of the band's performance.

"These guys are f***ing brilliant," said Sixx. "With their help, the CR?E is out to save the world from imminent disaster. 'Disaster! The Movie' just adds to the circus atmosphere surrounding this tour."

A series of radio and Internet promotions and contests to promote the film will take place as the "Red White & Cr?e" tour winds its way around the U.S. and the world, with a concentration on viral and grass-roots online marketing.

The CR?E is currently working with MTV Films/Paramount on a film based on their N.Y. Times best-selling biography, "The Dirt", whose screenplay was written by Rich Wilkes. Several top directors in Hollywood have already expressed interest in the project.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #562 on: March 07, 2005, 08:03:50 PM »

Some photos from the Hartford show:

Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #563 on: March 08, 2005, 03:28:20 AM »

Join the club!!

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #564 on: March 08, 2005, 05:59:28 PM »

Cool pictures there.  I saw them in Philly this Friday.  One of the best shows I've been to.  However, the whole time I was having flashbacks of another arena show I went to in Philly.  One where the band decided not to show up.  Although we did treat ourselves to some lovely parting gifts.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #565 on: March 09, 2005, 04:51:55 AM »

Fuckin hell this is soooooo cool, and they really rock all of them  peace
vince's so cool  beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #566 on: March 10, 2005, 02:05:33 PM »

Silvertide will be opening up some shows over the summer. if you have a chance, definitely check this band out. that will be a total kick ass night!

tix are going on sale for a couple of shows within an hour or two of philly. i think i'll be taking a little road trip!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #567 on: March 10, 2005, 04:30:53 PM »

In a brand new interview with Doug Podell of Detroit's WRIF 101.1 FM, M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx confirmed that the group has commenced work on the material for a new studio album. Asked if plans exist to release a new CD, Sixx said, "Absolutely. We're gonna do a new record. We're writing it out here [on the road], which is kind of like how 'Shout at the Devil' was written. It was written while we were playing all the time, and we were looking for stuff that worked for us live. And that's the kind of stuff that we're gonna be writing more of. I mean, 'Sick Love Song' [off the group's recent two-CD 'greatest hits' collection, 'Red, White & Cr?e'], is probably a good example of where we're heading? There'll be a wide variety of stuff, as usual. So, yeah, I'm excited about the new music. But God, we're so far from getting to that point. [We're] just enjoying being here and the fact that we're going out this summer with the Carnival of Sin tour, and we've got SUM 41, THE EXIES, SILVERTIDE [opening]?"

As previously reported, M?TLEY CR?E will end up playing well over 100 dates in 2005. More than a dozen shows into a 50-date North American tour, the CR?E is doing sellout or near-sellout business, according to Billboard.com. Now, the band has announced another 57 shows in North America, with a trip to Europe sandwiched between.

The first North American leg wraps May 1. The band will then play Europe and pick up again July 26 in Los Angeles for dates through Oct. 16 in Sioux City, Iowa, under the Carnival of Sin tour banner.

damien24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #568 on: March 11, 2005, 01:17:57 AM »

ha-   well-  if you're gonna sell-out-  sell out big time i guess,

i guess its cool how they're doing they're long-set tour for their real fans-  then one with a bunch of acts that teens younger folk would enjoy.

i've got tickets to see em when they come up here to winnipeg next month-  i'm pretty stoked     
oh is the floor general adminssion-  or are they putting out the chairs?,  my ticket has a seat number- but i've been to concerts where i have a seat number on the floor and theres no chairs?  just wonderin-
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #569 on: March 11, 2005, 03:16:27 AM »

I really like this "Glitter-remix" version. How is the orginal and from what album it is?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #570 on: March 11, 2005, 03:24:13 AM »

the original is on "Generation Swine"

they have a remix of Glitter on their Greatest Hits album, the one they did before new Tattoo

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #571 on: March 11, 2005, 03:30:05 AM »

okay, thanks, have to check that out also!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #572 on: March 11, 2005, 03:47:04 AM »

I just got a copy of the first night of the tour on dvd from sunrise florida headbanger 

Gonna see them next weekend  ok  can't wait!!   and i'm pysched about the possibilty of a new studio album  beer
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #573 on: March 11, 2005, 06:54:34 AM »

Is the live version they are currently playing of Shout At The Devil like the re-recorded one they did in 1997 on Generation Swine?

I love the 1997 version, and I think it shits all over the original one that came out in the early 80's.
It just has so much more energy and the production sounds so huge!

I also think I'm in the minority when I was hoping the band would continue in the vein of the 1994 self-titled and Generation Swine albums, both those records sound fucking amazing! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #574 on: March 11, 2005, 07:54:40 AM »

Is the live version they are currently playing of Shout At The Devil like the re-recorded one they did in 1997 on Generation Swine?

I love the 1997 version, and I think it shits all over the original one that came out in the early 80's.
It just has so much more energy and the production sounds so huge!

I also think I'm in the minority when I was hoping the band would continue in the vein of the 1994 self-titled and Generation Swine albums, both those records sound fucking amazing! ok

Ya there playing the 97 Version of Shout

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #575 on: March 11, 2005, 07:57:04 AM »

ha-   well-  if you're gonna sell-out-  sell out big time i guess,

i guess its cool how they're doing they're long-set tour for their real fans-  then one with a bunch of acts that teens younger folk would enjoy.

i've got tickets to see em when they come up here to winnipeg next month-  i'm pretty stoked     
oh is the floor general adminssion-  or are they putting out the chairs?,  my ticket has a seat number- but i've been to concerts where i have a seat number on the floor and theres no chairs?  just wonderin-

It is believed that Motley will still play the same time as they do now..The new shows start at 6 instead of 8 so Motley hopefully will still play that long

sandman
Legend

« Reply #576 on: March 11, 2005, 10:42:38 AM »

I just got a copy of the first night of the tour on dvd from sunrise florida headbanger?

Gonna see them next weekend? ok? can't wait!!? ?and i'm pysched about the possibilty of a new studio album? beer

how is the quality of the dvd? did you buy it from e-bay? i'm gonna buy one of the shows - so far all i've seen on there is the OH show. i'm hoping the philly show is available.

just got my tix for the borgota show in AC!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #577 on: March 11, 2005, 02:23:41 PM »

I just got a copy of the first night of the tour on dvd from sunrise florida headbanger 

Gonna see them next weekend  ok  can't wait!!   and i'm pysched about the possibilty of a new studio album  beer

how is the quality of the dvd? did you buy it from e-bay? i'm gonna buy one of the shows - so far all i've seen on there is the OH show. i'm hoping the philly show is available.

just got my tix for the borgota show in AC!

its pretty good.  definitely good enough to make it enjoyable to watch.. sound could be a bit better and i kinda wish teh camera guy woulda shot from the screen, but its overall not bad at all  beer
punky_chick27
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #578 on: March 11, 2005, 04:24:29 PM »

I'm going to see them april 7 I can't wait
mandy2965
Opening Act

Blessed Be

« Reply #579 on: March 15, 2005, 07:58:10 AM »

THERE IN A HEART BEAT, ME, THAT'S WHO WOULD F..... GO!

There's a voo doo mojo working at the go-go
That could knock a witch off her broom...
We slither on in, to shed our skin
Make our way up to the bump and grind...
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: