Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:31:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 345449 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #540 on: March 04, 2005, 04:34:09 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee and singer Vince Neil recently spoke to Steve Morse of the Philadelphia Inquirer about the group's "Red, White, and Cr?e 2005...Better Live Than Dead" reunion tour.

"The first two shows, I was dying halfway through," Lee said. "After the third show, I finally felt like, 'Come on, bring it, give me more!'

"I play [at home] constantly, but it's not the same as going out there and just crushing for over two hours straight."

In the group's 2001 tell-all, "The Dirt", Lee claimed a drunken Neil sucker-punched him in a Las Vegas airport during a 1998 tour. Neil said it was Lee who grabbed him by the neck, and that he hit the drummer in self-defense.

Asked if the brouhahas and revisionist history even matter anymore, Neil said, "It's so long ago, none of us can even remember anymore," He added with a laugh, "We each believe our own lies now."

Said Lee: "I think people blow it out of proportion. Vince and I have had a couple of run-ins, but so have we all. People are a little more mature. We're respectful of each other. Time has passed and we've just let a lot of [stuff] go."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #541 on: March 05, 2005, 04:24:54 AM »

u are callin Tommy Lee a fat ass? are u serious?

please read again. I mentioned 3..go figure it out.

and what doeas this thread has to do with GN'R?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #542 on: March 05, 2005, 08:23:55 AM »

It Dosent...It has to do with Motley Crue and there Reunion Tour

RichardNixon
« Reply #543 on: March 05, 2005, 08:39:28 AM »

I'm going to see Motley tonight in Boston. You'll be able to recognize me--I wont be the one with the mullet... Grin ok hihi
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #544 on: March 05, 2005, 09:43:38 AM »

lol

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #545 on: March 05, 2005, 02:42:22 PM »

mick isnt fat either, nikki really isnt fat.

just sayin they are selling out every show, GNR played to half empty arenas

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #546 on: March 05, 2005, 02:54:52 PM »

Vince is the only one that is the slightest bit over-weight but he still looks in amazing shape...Axl aint that small either

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #547 on: March 05, 2005, 02:58:52 PM »

Just look at this review: Does it sound like a bunch of fat people on stage?

NEW YORK ? In a land that time forgot ? before Paris, before 50, before TV got real and punk went pop ? giants roamed the earth ... leather-clad titans, rampaging from arena to arena, leaving a trail of empty bottles and spent women in their wake. They trafficked in thundering racket, and their decibels were matched only by their pyro, with flames seemingly meeting every fist pump and cymbal crash.

Excess was their business, and business was good.

But then, as forcefully as they came, they were ushered from view, obscured by smaller sounds and smaller shows. Message replaced mayhem, brooding replaced bravado and purpose replaced pyro. Suddenly, "too much" was no longer "not enough" but simply, well, too much.

But on Thursday, as M?tley Cr?e's Rock and Roll Circus Tour rolled into New York's sold-out Madison Square Garden (for the first time in 15 years, by the band's count), years melted away, rock got big again and the Cr?e were once again the biggest, baddest band in the land ? at least to the 20,000 packed into the home of the Knicks.

A lot has changed since the Cr?e scorched the earth at the apex of their popularity. Fortunately, the one thing that hasn't changed is the band itself, still loud, rude and tattooed as ever.

Opening for themselves (who better?), the Cr?e served up an early set of early material that fittingly reached deep into their debut, Too Fast for Love and their breakthrough second album, Shout at the Devil. Returning to the stage after a short intermission astride roaring custom choppers, Nikki Sixx, Tommy Lee, Vince Neil and Mick Mars (the lone pedestrian in the group) immediately ripped into a vintage M?tley set that seemed torn from the group's 1989 Dr. Feelgood Tour. Thick with anthems from that album as well as 1987's Girls, Girls, Girls, the band delivered a late set that served up the hits and kept everyone ? from freshly minted hipsters to aging metalheads to cubicle-dwelling closet headbangers ? shouting along to every word (see "M?tley Cr?e Plan Summertime Carnival Of Sin With Sum 41").

All the while, the Cr?e bashed away, Vince ready for battle in denim and a sleeveless army shirt, Mick playing the smirking lord of the underworld in head-to-toe black topped by a skull-and-crossbones top hat, Nikki fresh from the Thunderdome in tattered leather, and Tommy ready for, well, anything in a black thong.

The band slid from "Girls ..." into "Wild Side" and then on to the Feelgood hit "Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)," a track that likely had more to do with the bandmembers themselves than any two-timing woman who ever wandered through their lives. But on Thursday there were no signs of the animosity and ill-will that has marked the Cr?e's sordid history. Mick and Nikki playfully slapped at each other between riffs while Tommy and Vince marveled as the crowd bellowed the first several verses of "Home Sweet Home" ? "That was f---ing amazing," Tommy gushed.

Indeed, instead of tension there was a surprising amount of love in the room, not just among the Cr?e, but also among the fans, each seemingly glad to be transported to a time when rock was big and bummers were few. Grown men in Dockers and sweater-vests stood alongside tattooed hulks in leather and ripped jeans. While some held lighters aloft during the band's ballad "Without You," others opted to hoist their illuminated Blackberry pagers. Maybe it was the rock, maybe it was the pyro or maybe it was the "tittie-cam," Tommy's voyeuristic toy that made minor stars out of audience members willing to bare a little flesh (don't worry, ladies, Tommy eventually returns the favor by displaying the most recognizable tallywacker on earth).

Beyond the flashing, beyond Nikki's pyro-fueled theramin experiment and beyond Tommy's drum solo (fans well know that it's not what he plays, but where he plays, and this time out he's about 40 feet above the stage), the Cr?e trotted out groove-heavy anthems built for big rooms (and big shows). "Dr. Feelgood," "Same Old Situation," "Kickstart My Heart" and the new tracks "If I Die Tomorrow" and "Sick Love Song" helped to keep the energy high and the metal horns flying. The Cr?e eventually wrapped their encore with covers of the Beatles' "Helter Skelter" and the Sex Pistols' "Anarchy in the U.K.," the latter featuring a stage full of patent-leather bikini-clad fire eaters.

It was big, loud and dirty ... all things that rock was at one point. And M?tley ? and their fans ? wouldn't have it any other way.

? Robert Mancini

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #548 on: March 05, 2005, 03:06:01 PM »

just sayin they are selling out every show, GNR played to half empty arenas

I dont think they have sold out evey show cause the one I went to had some empty places. But  I quess those people could have been wondering around though?

Also I think that the Crue have had more press for this tour than GN' R did .that could help explain larger attendents.

Any way the Crue  kicked ass when I saw them  beer

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #549 on: March 05, 2005, 03:11:08 PM »

Motley Crue at Madison Square Garden

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #550 on: March 05, 2005, 03:15:57 PM »

It's simple ticket sales are better for this than GN'R because it's the original line-up touring.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #551 on: March 05, 2005, 03:29:40 PM »

It's simple ticket sales are better for this than GN'R because it's the original line-up touring.

thats kinda what i was tryin to interject

i started to make a thread in the gnr but i figured it would get dead horsed

but it worries me that people wont give axl a chance.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
RichardNixon
« Reply #552 on: March 06, 2005, 12:58:52 AM »

It's interesting that this tour is doing so well. When I saw them twice in '97 and once in '00, I would say maybe 7000 to 8000 fans came.

Here are my thoughts on the Boston show. The band looked and sounded great. The setlist was good (although I wish they had included some more 90s stuff) and it was all-in-all a tight show. But for some reason I didn't enjoy it all that much. I had a good time, but I enjoyed the other times I've seen the Crue more. I guess it all comes down to this--in my old-age, I just don't really like Motley Crue that much or think there music is all that good. I went to tonight's show for old-time sake--but if I sit down and listen to a Crue album, I find it to be sub-par to a lot of other bands-Aerosmith, Deep Purple, Sabbath, GN'R, Van Halen, KISS, Led Zeppelin. The Crue never wrote songs that were of that caliber. That said, the band will always hold a place in my cynical heart.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 01:01:59 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #553 on: March 06, 2005, 02:00:27 AM »

It's interesting that this tour is doing so well. When I saw them twice in '97 and once in '00, I would say maybe 7000 to 8000 fans came.

Here are my thoughts on the Boston show. The band looked and sounded great. The setlist was good (although I wish they had included some more 90s stuff) and it was all-in-all a tight show. But for some reason I didn't enjoy it all that much. I had a good time, but I enjoyed the other times I've seen the Crue more. I guess it all comes down to this--in my old-age, I just don't really like Motley Crue that much or think there music is all that good. I went to tonight's show for old-time sake--but if I sit down and listen to a Crue album, I find it to be sub-par to a lot of other bands-Aerosmith, Deep Purple, Sabbath, GN'R, Van Halen, KISS, Led Zeppelin. The Crue never wrote songs that were of that caliber. That said, the band will always hold a place in my cynical heart.
It's funny, the older I get the more I appreciate Motley Crue's music. TFFL, SATD, Dr. Feelgood and GGG are some of the greatest albums ever produced. Shit, Too fast for love was one of Kurt Cobian's favorite albums, that's gotta say something for a band like Motley.   

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
RichardNixon
« Reply #554 on: March 06, 2005, 06:51:32 AM »

It's funny, the older I get the more I appreciate Motley Crue's music. TFFL, SATD, Dr. Feelgood and GGG are some of the greatest albums ever produced. Shit, Too fast for love was one of Kurt Cobian's favorite albums, that's gotta say something for a band like Motley.? ?

Courney Love supposedly said that to Nikki Sixx, and she is not the most reliable person on the planet. And Nikki Sixx himself may be full of shit. He always says stupid things. In 1990, he said something like "Slaughter is a great band and I'd love to see them live." Besides, who cares if TFFL was one of Kurt Cobain's favorite albums. He's just a man and his opinion of what's good and bad is no more valid than anyone else's opinion. TFFL is a pretty good CD though.

echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #555 on: March 06, 2005, 10:45:30 AM »

I must say I like If I Die Tomorrow quite a bit ... and it's nice to see something beside rap on MTV.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #556 on: March 06, 2005, 10:56:27 AM »

M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx spoke to The Washington Post about the group's "Red, White, and Cr?e 2005...Better Live Than Dead" tour, which hits Washington, D.C.'s MCI Center tonight (March 6).

On the current tour, M?TLEY CR?E are traveling in separate buses, "but not for the reason anybody would think," Sixx insisted. "When you've been touring for 24 years, it's pretty cool to have your own bus with your own queen-sized bed, with your own environment. We travel in a convoy, and we're all together all the time. It's just I've earned the right ? and so have the other guys ? to not have to sleep in a bunk."

Speaking about the fact that he is regarded as the band's central figure ? the glue that holds a fractious ensemble together through his persistence and ability to manage odd and at-odds personalities, Sixx said, "The concept of glue is wonderful, but without solid things to glue together, it doesn't really do much except just sit there and be sticky. I think we're a team, and everybody has strong and weak points, including myself, and that's what makes it what it is. The thing about M?TLEY CR?E is we are dysfunctional, and we know that. We have grown up a lot, but I can't depend on that to really be too much of a reality because the DNA is reckless. It's there, and I don't think it will ever be able to be completely rehabilitated enough."

According to Sixx, there are no regrets and there's no impulse to personify old legends. "What's exciting about the band is that we don't live up to anything, we just are us. We really do whatever we want to do. You can't work at this as business ? you have to look at it as something you passionately want to do, no matter what. We didn't do drugs to be wild; we did drugs because we loved drugs. We didn't drink to let everybody know we drink; we did it because we liked it. We didn't engulf ourselves in decadence because it was a marketing thing; it was who we are.

"I'm a member of Alcoholics Anonymous," Sixx pointed out. "I don't drink and I don't do drugs and I try to give back and help people, but there's still the spirit of rock 'n' roll there in all of us, no matter what shape we're in or not in ? it's just the real deal. We are what we are and we don't apologize for it."

sandman
Legend

« Reply #557 on: March 06, 2005, 05:32:33 PM »

the philly show was one of the best concerts of my life! they sounded so good. after reading the reviews from the first few shows, my expectations were high, and they exceeded them by far! i could not believe how good vince neil sounded. he wasn't as good in the late 90's, but friday night they were on par with their sound from their prime (late 80's).

friday was one of the best nights of my life. it was my 30th birthday so my wife planned my party around the show. i had close to 30 people meet at my house and we took a yellow school bus. so we leave at 6 and everyone is fired up - just total insanity on the bus.

i head in around 7:30. the lights go down around 8:30 and the short clamation film starts. it's only a couple minutes long....and it was pretty funny. then there's an explosion and the band rips into shout at the devil.

i was sitting in the second level, row 4, close to the stage. and the sounds was great. it was very loud, the way it should be! i had friends sitting in the third level and they said the sound was awesome up there too.

there's not much to say about this show that hasn't been said already. that NY review was really good. all i can say is that this is everything a concert should be. it's fun, it rocks, lots of energy, and you won't be disappointed.

we heard vince was DJing at a club after the show, so we all go there hoping to see him or the band. but the place wasn't letting any more people in cause it was full. we waited for a little while but then we just went to a bar nearby. at that point i realized i had drank too much and it was time to go home. got home around 2am and immediately passed out. took me all day saturday to recover.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #558 on: March 07, 2005, 03:53:15 PM »

It Dosent...It has to do with Motley Crue and there Reunion Tour

Note its an of topic discussiom

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #559 on: March 07, 2005, 04:46:37 PM »

Heres a Review of the D.C. Show:

Motley's first show at the MCI Center in Washington, D.C. last night proved to be the greatest rock show ever hosted by the nation's capital. The sheer anticipation of waiting for the lights to go down for the Beast that is Motley Crue can't be put in words. Seeing them last night had all the thrills of stealing a car, the rawness of a sweaty, filthy club show, and the brutality we've come to expect from the band who has come to reclaim their ownership of the known universe.

Watching 20,000 fans pump their fists to the opening "Shout at the Devil" to flicking their bics on "Home Sweet Home" brought back what it feels like to be 18 all over again. This is what rock and roll should be like. I can't tell you how many "rock" shows I've suffered through with the band giving a lame performance to a crowd that acts as though they're in some lecture hall. Motley's tour has brought back to life everything I thought was dead about rock and roll: The sheer volume, theatrics, pyro, audience insanity, sex, booze, and of course, Harleys. I heard songs last night I was sure I'd never hear live- "Louder Than Hell", "Glitter", and "On With the Show".

Vince sounded like it was 1984 all over again, hitting notes I didn't think he'd ever pull off. Tommy's drum solo was musically beyond anything he's done on the past tours. Nikki definitely brought his game with him and had the audience fired up. And Mick, well, I have 2 words for naysayers here, there and everywhere: FUCK YOU. Mick rocked so hard and played better than he did on the New Tattoo tour. Don't let his size fool ya, he'll rip you the proverbial new asshole. Every song just blew up in your face. Although the intermission could've been dropped, it gave the crowd a chance to catch our breath before round 2.

Wherever you on Earth, make sure you see this show. You'll want to be there to tell your kids you witnessed the return of rock and roll. And all of this is brought to us by a band every rock critic swore was dead and over. Fuck the people who never believed, their time is over. LONG LIVE MOTLEY CRUE.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: