Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:29:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 345303 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #520 on: February 27, 2005, 03:20:00 PM »

VH1 To Debut 'The Fabulous Life of M?tley Cr?e' Next Week - Feb. 23, 2005

On Wednesday, March 2 at 11:00 p.m. EST, VH1 will debut "The Fabulous Life of M?tley Cr?e". An episode description on VH1's web site reads as follows:

"In 1980, Tommy Lee, Nikki Sixx, Mick Mars and Vince Neil were just four guys living in a trashy apartment off the Sunset Strip. By 1987, they were rock gods who could afford to trash anything they wanted. From their personalized tour jet to their vintage guitars to their all-access groupies, nothing was off limits to M?TLEY CR?E. If you think bling, Gucci and Maybachs are Fab ? think again. Meet the four metal maniacs who invented fabulous: M?TLEY CR?E.

"When you're a famous rock star, your life is one big world tour. And no one's world was more intense than the CR?E's. Their stages were powered by 100,000 watts of sound, 11 tons of equipment and 2,000 lights. And their spandex ensembles? They were the custom-designed to be the pants everyone wanted to get into.

"An all-star band needs an all-star ride. When they weren't on the M?TLEY CR?E signature jet, they toured in their 1986 Eagle bus ? a tricked-out ride with only one rule: female fans had to enter in the nude. An when they weren't cruising the states in their mobile bachelor pad, the boys were riding in black and tan corvettes and customized Harleys.

"The band eventually tired of the Playboy mansion and the hoards of eager groupies, so they headed down the aisle for wedded bliss. Mud wrestler Sharisse Rudell, who married Neil, and 'Baywatch' beauty Donna D'Errico, who wed Sixx, were not your average desperate housewives. And nothing compared to Tommy Lee's rock star wedding to 'Dynasty' diva Heather Locklear, where the groom wore white leather and the bride dressed in a skin-tight mermaid suit.

"In 2005, after two decades and 13 albums, M?TLEY CR?E is back and bigger than ever. Prepare yourselves for the tour of the 21st century. From Milwaukee to Manchester and San Juan to San Diego, the 'Red White and Cr?e' Tour is going to rock our world stadium-style. And come February, M?TLEY's signature arena rock will be blasting in every home across the country with the release of their double-disc greatest hits album. The capper? The CR?E's even hitting the big-screen with a movie version of their best-selling tell-all book 'The Dirt: Confessions of The World's Most Notorious Rock Band'. Get ready for the biggest comeback in rock and roll history. You won't want to miss The Fabulous Life Classic: M?TLEY CR?E."

"The Fabulous Life of M?tley Cr?e" show times:

Wednesday, March 2 at 11/10c p.m.
 Thursday, March 3 at 11:30/10:30c a.m.
 Saturday, March 5 at 1:30/12:30c a.m.
 Sunday, March 6 at 1/12c a.m.
 Monday, March 7, 2005 2:30/1:30c a.m.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #521 on: February 27, 2005, 03:20:23 PM »

Motley Crue will be doing Regis and
Kelly on the morning of 3/3 in NY!

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #522 on: February 28, 2005, 01:45:25 AM »

anyone know the pre-sale password ur gonna need for the Irvine Meadows shows on july 27th???
sandman
Legend

« Reply #523 on: February 28, 2005, 07:57:21 AM »

4 more days til the philly show!

i'm so psyched. i have 30 friends going to the show. we're renting a yellow school bus and making a whole day of it. i can't fuckin wait!

the set list is about as good as it can get!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #524 on: February 28, 2005, 02:00:36 PM »

4 more days til the philly show!

i'm so psyched. i have 30 friends going to the show. we're renting a yellow school bus and making a whole day of it. i can't fuckin wait!

the set list is about as good as it can get!

dude that is the coolest fuckin thing ive ever heard!!

where the hell do u go to rent a school bus? hihi ok

for real thats bad ass!!

sorry slashly! i guess u are the only one dude, i couldnt resist man, VR and Motley in the same year, holy shit! ive been wanting to see motley since the late 80's and finally i get my chance!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #525 on: February 28, 2005, 03:37:30 PM »

thanks, D!  ok

there's a couple places in the philly area that rent them out. primarily for bachelor parties. we rented one for mine a few years ago and had the best time. 25 guys on one bus going from bar to bar all night......it was insane.

so friday is my 30th b-day and when i saw the crue date announced, i figured there couldn't be a more fun way of getting a bunch of friends together to celebrate.

it's cheap too - $400 for 10 hours. party starts at my house around 1, and the bus picks us up at 5. so we'll cruise around and then tailgate for a while.

i just hope it doesn't snow. last time i planned something like this we got a foot of snow.....luckily the limo still made it.....but unfortunately the band did not.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #526 on: February 28, 2005, 06:47:39 PM »

HAHA thats what we did for Nickleback in peterbourgh..my buddys mom drives a bus and she took 25 of us in it kicked ass

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #527 on: February 28, 2005, 06:53:15 PM »

FUCK YES

- 07/27/05 - Sacramento, CA - Raley Field - Presale begins 4:15 PM PT on
Tuesday, March 1st.
 - 08/23/05 - Toronto, ONT - Molson Amphitheater - Presale begins 4:00 PM PT on
Tuesday, March 1st.

- 08/26/05 - St. Paul, MN - MN State Fair - Presale details coming soon!

Its strongly rumoured Sum 41 is opening all of there dates drool
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 07:00:36 PM by Malcolm » Logged

Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #528 on: February 28, 2005, 09:13:35 PM »

Its strongly rumoured Sum 41 is opening all of there dates drool

At least there?s something I?m proudly not going to see.

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #529 on: March 01, 2005, 12:49:43 PM »

Knoxville isnt listed on ticketmaster yet nervous nervous

the presale for the fanclub is today but i wonder when the general sale is? if anybody hears anything please let me know ASAP

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #530 on: March 01, 2005, 06:50:47 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E will join with several other hard rock bands for a larger package for the first month of their upcomig summer North American tour, among them SUM 41 and THE EXIES in select cities, according to Billboard.com.

The first North American leg wraps May 1. The band will then play Europe and pick up again July 26 in Los Angeles for dates through Oct. 16 in Sioux City, Iowa, under the Carnival Of Sin tour banner.

"This tour was not only great for M?TLEY CR?E but, as the first major tour of 2005, it's great for the business, especially with everyone coming off such a horrific year," the group's booking agent, Pete Papalardo, told Billboard.com.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #531 on: March 02, 2005, 04:25:30 PM »

This Apparently Happened

I got to meet the band (again) last night in Hartford. Because Vince missed the meet & greet in Tampa with his bus problems, Fanfire gave us a second opportunity to meet the guys. I chose Hartford, it was a wise decision! Anyhow, as the guys were exiting the room I shouted out to Nikki: "what is the deal with a new Crue CD with all new music?" Nikki actually stopped in the door way and said: "What?" So I repeat my question. Nikki smiles and says quote: "It's coming, we already have laid down several new tracks, I promise it will happen!"

To that we gave a round applause and the boys were off!

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #532 on: March 02, 2005, 04:40:29 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: The members of M?TLEY CR?E aren't just playing and partying on their recently launched "Red, White, and Cr?e 2005...Better Live Than Dead" tour. The quartet is also overseeing plans for a film adaptation of their explicit 2002 biography "The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band", which singer Vince Neil said is not proceeding in any great hurry. "You know how slow Hollywood is," he said. "It just takes forever to make a movie. And just like a month ago we got the scripts, we made the changes and they're now in the changing-the-script stage. If it was a life it would be, like, just-born. You know, now they've got casting and pre-production, and all, you know, all that crap. I mean, this movie probably won't be out 'til late next year, I would imagine."

Drummer Tommy Lee will be doing his own acting of sorts in June, when his NBC reality series, "Tommy Lee Goes To College", premieres. A solo album will be released to coincide with the show.

M?TLEY CR?E plan to invade New York's Wall Street by pulling up on choppers (weather permitting) in front of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) Wednesday (March 2). A press junket will follow, with the CR?E set to ring the closing bell at NYSE at 4 p.m. EST. Fans can watch the ceremony live on CNBC beginning at 3:58 p.m. EST.

M?TLEY CR?E will be the featured guests on ABC's "Live with Regis and Kelly" airing Thursday, March 3 at 9:00 a.m.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #533 on: March 02, 2005, 05:33:20 PM »

i just shook hands with Mr. Vince Neil!!  ok

i'm working in NY about a block away from the NYSE. so i take a walk over aroudn 4:15. there's about 50-100 people standing outside. i find out that i just missed tommy lee. but then vince and nikki come walking out. they look good.

vince came over to the crowd to say hello to about 3 or 4 people and i just happened to be standing in teh right spot. i took a bunch of pics which i'll try to post.

i'm even more fired up now!!!

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #534 on: March 02, 2005, 08:24:38 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee recently spoke to freelance writer Steve Knopper of Newsday about the group's "Red, White, and Cr?e 2005...Better Live Than Dead" tour, which hits New York City's Madison Square Garden Thursday night (March 3).

"My hands are actually disgusting ? blood blisters and calluses and they're tore up. They're actually quite frightening. They look like ditchdigger hands or something," said Lee, 42, drumming in the CR?E's first tour in six years. "The first few shows, I was like, 'Are we almost done yet? I'm about to die.'"

Although Lee at first resisted a M?TLEY CR?E reunion tour ? he and singer Vince Neil aren't exactly the best of friends ? he has said the money would be nice for his children. So he found himself rehearsing for the first time in years with bassist Nikki Sixx and guitarist Mick Mars in early December.

"We just kind of got in the room and started jamming and goofing around," he recalled. "Some songs seemed like only six days had passed, and others sounded like six years."

In the process, Lee, Sixx and Mars reminded themselves that they once were a killer rhythm section ? even if their outlandish personal behavior has always received far more attention than their musical accomplishments.

"Sometimes all the hoopla overshadows a lot of the cool musical stuff, which is OK with me. I know what we do," Lee said. "It's never really quite about a great record you made. It's about a lifestyle or how many chicks were backstage. It's a little frustrating, but whatever."

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #535 on: March 02, 2005, 10:27:31 PM »

Sandman that is awesome

i cant believe i have to wait over 6 months to see them crying crying crying

has anyone took advantage of the AOL presale that i posted about?

whats up with only being able to order one ticket for the floor?

who the fuck could i sit with

i was gonna order 2 floor tickets but u could only have one so im in the lower arena right by the stage in the 12th row

its a good seat anyway.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #536 on: March 03, 2005, 04:28:41 PM »

Several photos of M?TLEY CR?E ringing the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) on Wednesday (March 2)

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #537 on: March 04, 2005, 08:02:42 AM »

M?TLEY CR?E singer Vince Neil recently spoke to Steve Morse of the Boston Globe about the group's "Red, White, and Cr?e 2005...Better Live Than Dead" reunion tour.

''Many bands today have no sense of entertainment," said Neil. ''And if you're going to pay $70 a ticket, you need to be entertained, rather than going to see a bunch of guys just standing around."

Tickets have been selling briskly, according to the band.

''We've added another 50 shows and [promoters] want us to add another 50 after that," said Neil. ''That would mean we'd end up with 152 shows in the U.S. alone. It's been pretty amazing. A lot of the fans grew up with us, but they're also bringing kids who are 8, 9, and 10 years old. The kids are dressed in M?TLEY CR?E shirts and are curious about what this thing is all about."

Tabloid writers have tried to stir up gossip by saying the band members are traveling in separate buses, portraying it as a sign of friction. ''Separate buses are just more comfortable," said Neil. "Nikki [Sixx, bass] has five kids and he needs some space. And Tommy [Lee, drums] needs space when his kids are out with him."

So is there a future for M?TLEY CR?E?

"Right now, we're just touring ? and this tour could last as long as three years," said Neil. "After it ends, we'll take some time off, then decide if we want to do a new record. That would be great, but if not, we at least had a fun tour."

John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #538 on: March 04, 2005, 12:28:03 PM »

Get ready for the biggest comeback in rock and roll history.

biggest rock and roll band.....biggest comeback in rock and roll history.... Huh? three big fat asses with age of 40-50 putting up 4th or 10th comeback tour together..huh..they were really really good..but what is this "all the time comeback touring"

« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 12:34:10 PM by John Daniels » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #539 on: March 04, 2005, 03:28:19 PM »

u are callin Tommy Lee a fat ass? are u serious?

Vince dyed his hair back blonde and he looks chubby again sorta.

how is it Motley are having this success but GNR couldnt sell out 5 shows?

interesting isnt it?

SANDMAN

let us know how the show was tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant wait to hear about your day,your birthday and everything else that happened tonight. ok
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 03:30:17 PM by D » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: