Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:37:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 345172 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #480 on: February 16, 2005, 09:51:32 PM »

fuck andy  mccoy what a whiny bitch this guy is, its over hanoi rocks, now please go away

so will FT lauderale be where they break out all the theatric shit?

i want a review from that show, i gotta know what tommy's drum solo thing is gonna be.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #481 on: February 17, 2005, 03:42:26 PM »

Ya it was last night..But sry i likely wont post anything that happens until after next wendesday's toronto show because i wanna be suprised when i go

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #482 on: February 17, 2005, 08:44:41 PM »

This is Motley's new tour photo!!! headbanger

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #483 on: February 17, 2005, 09:34:43 PM »

so is the album any good? who produced it?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #484 on: February 18, 2005, 08:39:08 AM »

so is the album any good? who produced it?
what album? the have made a kind of greatest hits complication called red white and crew? ok
three new songs on it that are pretty good? Wink dunno the producer of the new songs...

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #485 on: February 18, 2005, 03:42:30 PM »

OK..I chickened out on not looking at what happened till my show so heres the setlist and info lol

Tonight was opening night for the Cr?e in Ft. Lauderdale. The guys played 24 songs..... which included quite a few songs that have not been played live in many years!!! The two hour show included tons of pyro and over the top productions. In other words, it's exactly what you'd expect from M?tley Cr?e! We will be posting more in the days to come, including a ton of new photos! So stay tunes and check out the reviews from other Cr?e fans!

Set List:
1. Shout At The Devil
2. Too Fast For Love
3. On With The Show
4. 10 Seconds To Love
5. Red Hot
6. Too Young To Fall In Love
7. Looks That Kill
8. Live Wire
9. Girls, Girls, Girls
10. Wild Side
11. Don't Go Away Mad
12. Primal Scream
13. Glitter/Without You
14. Home Sweet Home
15. Louder Than Hell
16. Dr. Feelgood
17. Afraid
18. Same 'Ol Situation
19. If I Die Tomorrow
20. Sick Love Song
21. Kickstart My Heart
22. Helter Skelter
23. White Punks On Dope
24. Anarchy In The U.K.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #486 on: February 18, 2005, 03:46:04 PM »

OK, Tommy got strapped up to a hoist by 3 HOT chicks, then he flew up to an overhead setup of drums, where he fuckin' rocked the house for a couple of minutes before he jumped off of it and flew to the other side of the stage to another floating drum set. He would play for a couple of minutes and then fly back to the other set. He did this about 3 times. Keep in mind, these things were, like, 30 feet in the air. One of the drum sets had some kinda keyboard on a giant spring. While he was playing, there were sparks and shit flying everywhere around him! HE TOTALLY FUCKIN' ROCKED THE HOUSE!!! The solo was the best I've ever heard! It sounded very modern, while still being totally Crue! At the end....there was a GIANT explosion on the platform he was playing on, which "blew" him off of it and he "floated" back down to the stage! Kick Ass!

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #487 on: February 18, 2005, 06:55:18 PM »

When's the new 'best of' out in the uk?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #488 on: February 18, 2005, 06:59:45 PM »

i bought the new Red White and Crue this week and the first disc is great, im not fond of much of the 2nd disc

i have no idea why they would put Corabi era Motley on that, planet boom and that instrumental are horrible.

the New Tattoo cd was very unimpressive

Bitter pill is great, enslaved is great *although the chorus melody was ripped right from "thats what friends are for"*

if i die tomorrow and sick love song are fuckin amazing

if they had to do a cover i couldve thought of much better covers than what they did.

josh freeze isnt in tommy's league either

great compilation overall i wouldve perferred other songs to some that made it.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #489 on: February 18, 2005, 07:11:54 PM »

fuckin a.  i can't wait to see these guys next month  beer
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #490 on: February 19, 2005, 11:00:54 AM »

Heres a review from the Tampa show:

The Tampa show was great! Here's the review...(in my opinion..there is NO way you can top the Feelgood tour 89..however, I have to hand it to the guys..they are OLDER now so given that fact..with what they have t work with..this tour is as just as good as Feelgood)
The show stage was excellent. They spend LOTS of money on this production. Great circus theme.
They started around 8:40 with a video (movie) that was about 10 to 15 minutes..clay anamation of the crue shown on the 3 LARGE screens over the stage. Then a little midget came out of some box and started to talk dressed in an evil clown out...then other midgets..girls..started to come out while they played some demented music (VERY cool) then you can start to hear the beginning of shout 97..with the lights going and the circus tent curtain starting to rise and you can see the FIRE and FEEL the fire (was in the 15th row) as the curtain rose and the crue came out kicking and screaming SHOUT 97.
Set list
Shout 97
Too Fast for Love (1st time hearing this and have seen them on tour since the girls tour)
On with the Show (very cool for the old die hards..1st time hearing this and have seen them on tour since the girls tour
10 seconds to love (great audience since along)
Red Hot
Too young to fall in love
Looks that kill (you can hear the audience singing it..great stuff)
Live Wire (great way to end the 1st part before intermission..lots of boom and explosions!!!)
INTERMISSION..10 minute movie
Girls girls girls..(came back on stage with their motorcycles)
Wild Side
Don't go away mad (GREAT SONG!!)
Primal scream
Glitter/Without you (nice combo..although..think I was the only one singing along to glitter)
Home Sweet home (AWSOME...the crowd sang the 1st verse...while tommy was playing the piano..very kewl!!!)
Louder than hell (1st time hearing this live..kewl..lots of explosives!!!
Nikki Sixx solo??? explosives...(didn't undertand this part..but had lots of pyro..so it was kewl)
Dr. Feelgood
Tommy Lee drum solo (in my opinion..he should have played more drums and less techo bullshit..not as good as feelgood or girls..but those are impossible to top..and his swinging around above the stage was a cool thing in itself)
If I die tomorrow
Sick love song (sounded the BEST of the 2 new songs!!!!)..crowd was getting into it..even though it was the first time that they had heard it
Kickstart (lots of pyro..great..reminded me of the feelgood tour!!!!)
Encore
Helter skelter
Anarchy
Overall great show..(wish they had played AFRAID, bitter pill or enslaved) the best I have seen them since Feelgood...and great to see them on a HUGE stage and production again..(never thought that would happen)
Overall if you are a NEW crue head...go see the show..if you are a diehard oldie like me (you've seen the crue in their prime..so you know HOW good they were..BUT hey..for old guys..they can still rock..like they STILL are coked up...lol
Cruecified for life

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #491 on: February 19, 2005, 04:14:48 PM »

WOW! Coming 2 Birmingham NEC! I LOVE MOTLEY CRUE

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #492 on: February 19, 2005, 05:40:14 PM »

i bought the new Red White and Crue this week and the first disc is great, im not fond of much of the 2nd disc

i have no idea why they would put Corabi era Motley on that, planet boom and that instrumental are horrible.

the New Tattoo cd was very unimpressive

Bitter pill is great, enslaved is great *although the chorus melody was ripped right from "thats what friends are for"*

if i die tomorrow and sick love song are fuckin amazing

if they had to do a cover i couldve thought of much better covers than what they did.

josh freeze isnt in tommy's league either

great compilation overall i wouldve perferred other songs to some that made it.
Overall i thought it was a decent collection, covering their careers well.  I thought you liked Corabi-Era stuff, i'm sure you've supported it before in discussions.  I like it more all the time, ok it did not sound like M?tley Fuckin' Cr?e but it was still class music.  New Tattoo was also quite good, though it would of been better if they had evolved from Generation Swine rather than reverting back to the sound before it.  I've finally heard all 3 of the 'new' songs, If I Die Tomorrow has grown on me a bit but i'm still not too keen.  Sick Love Song is definately the best of the bunch, the start of the song is really great, all that agression is wonderful, it seems to get a bit repetative though, still a good track.  Street Fighting Man was quite good, i don't really like the original and i found this version to be quite different and unique, still not one of the best songs in the world though.  I think M?tley Cr?e like the British alot, covering The Beatles Helter Skelter, The Rolling Stones Street Fighting Man & The Sex Pistols Anarchy In The U.K.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #493 on: February 19, 2005, 06:04:25 PM »

cool? Cheesy which version on glitter did they do, and did vince do that vocal solo b4 live wire?
damn, hope dl's onlin soon? ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #494 on: February 19, 2005, 11:52:58 PM »

well Stoned i dig "misunderstood" and Hooligan's Holiday is cool BUT i like it on its own. but listening to Vince era Motley and then the very next song Corabi era Motley, i dont know its just sorta weird for me if that makes any sense. i can listen to the Corabi Motley stuff on its own but mixed in with original motley just makes it feel strange to me. also i think its kind of a knock on Vince

i retract my statement though, some of the New Tattoo songs are really good but when u compare them to Sick Love Song and If I Die Tomorrow they just dont hold up. the New Tattoo songs sound more dated than the early Crue.

dude i discovered a song however that i fuckin absolutely love and i had forgot all about cause i havent listened to my"generation swine" cd in a couple years

"Beauty" is so fuckin great.

i wouldve loved however to have had "Kiss the Sky" and maybe Dancing on Glass, 10 seconds  to love, or  rock n roll junkie over Planet Boom and that instrumental track however.

other than that i cant complain, i traded my "Halo 2" for Xbox game in for it, so well worth it!

Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #495 on: February 20, 2005, 01:34:22 AM »

This is Motley's new tour photo!!! headbanger

Wow, this looks cool!!Mick is starting to look better.He?s recovered his "who are you looking at, punk?" look!!And it also looks like Clown left Slipknow to apear in pics with MC hihi rofl
Good I?m so exited with this touyr and it rips my dick of to know that I wont be able to see them!!

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #496 on: February 20, 2005, 06:22:23 AM »

dude i discovered a song however that i fuckin absolutely love and i had forgot all about cause i havent listened to my"generation swine" cd in a couple years

Well i know you like me love that album, but i think Beauty is one of the weakest songs, i would have prefered them to of put Flush on instead, that's one of the strongest on the album.  As for the choices from Supersonic and Demonic Relics i would have gone with Angela & Friends from Quaternary those 2 tracks are way stronger than Planet Boom & Bittersuite.  Other than that i would probably only add Time For Change & Rodeo to very underated tracks from 80s M?tley Cr?e.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #497 on: February 20, 2005, 07:37:00 AM »

Fuckey yes 3 days and im goin to see motley in toronto..cant fuckin wait..i got the hottest girl comin with me to

Fuck man i was just readin the lyrics for Dont Go Away Mad..Fuck thats a beautiful song..they lyrics are fucking awsome

We could sail away
Or catch a freight train
Or a rocketship into outer space
Nothin? left to do
Too many things we?ve said
To ever make it feel
Like yesterday did

Seasons must change
Separate paths/Separate ways
If we blame it on anything
Let?s blame it on the rain

I knew it all along
I?d have to write this song
Too young to fall in love
Guess we knew it all along

That?s alright, that?s okay
We were walking through some youth
Smilin? through some pain
That?s alright, that?s okay
Let?s turn the page
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 08:41:48 AM by Malcolm » Logged

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #498 on: February 20, 2005, 10:26:04 AM »

Hell yeah tonight is going to kick ass. Cool beer

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #499 on: February 20, 2005, 11:01:16 AM »

Well i know you like me love that album, but i think Beauty is one of the weakest songs, i would have prefered them to of put Flush on instead, that's one of the strongest on the album.? As for the choices from Supersonic and Demonic Relics i would have gone with Angela & Friends from Quaternary those 2 tracks are way stronger than Planet Boom & Bittersuite.? Other than that i would probably only add Time For Change & Rodeo to very underated tracks from 80s M?tley Cr?e.
I agree with you with Angela and Friends.But  I found Time For A Change too cheesy.If you wanted a balad maybie Driftaway would have worked (BTW, I?m listening to it right now, A+!!)

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: