Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:40:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 345195 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #460 on: February 09, 2005, 04:48:02 PM »

JAM! Showbiz is reporting that newly reunited hard rock heroes M?TLEY CR?Eblasted onto the Canadian album charts this week with their latest release, "Red, White & Cr?e".

The two-disc retrospective, released in conjunction with the band's new reunion tour, debuted at No. 2 with sales of 11,800, according to data compiled by Nielsen SoundScan.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #461 on: February 09, 2005, 09:08:17 PM »

Reuters is reporting that M?TLEY CR?E guitarist Mick Mars is being sued for $10 million in palimony by a former girlfriend who has accused him of reneging on a promise to take care of her for life.

According to the lawsuit filed in a Los Angeles court on Tuesday, the woman, Robbie Mantooth (Photo#1, Photo#2), said she met Mars in 1990 and the two became lovers. She said she gave up her career as a documentary filmmaker and moved into the heavy metal guitarist's Malibu home with him.

She said Mars promised her repeatedly that he would always provide for her financially and that the couple had agreed to divide all their property if they split up.

Their relationship ended in December 2004 and Mantooth said Mars denied there was any oral agreement between them and had given her no financial support.

Mantooth is asking a judge to award her half of the rocker's property as well as monthly support and damages.

A representative for Mars could not be reached for comment.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #462 on: February 09, 2005, 09:08:58 PM »

UPI News Service is reporting that M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee's upcoming solo album features guest appearances by AEROSMITH's Steven Tyler, VELVET REVOLVER's Slash, Dave Navarro (ex-JANE'S ADDICTION), members of GOOD CHARLOTTE and BACKSTREET BOYS' Nick Carter.

The album will coincide with Lee's NBC reality series, "Tommy Lee Goes to College", which premieres in June.

The show, which was filmed last fall, follows the tattooed drummer as he studies, auditions for the marching band and attends Cornhusker games at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.

Though he's not supposed to divulge details about the show, Lee did say he tried the Greek life during his short stay last year at the University of Lincoln-Nebraska.

"I started my own frat, the House of Lee," he says. "I did everything you could possibly do in the college life. I had a great time doing it because I never got a chance to go to college before."

M?TLEY CR?E kicks off a world tour Monday in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #463 on: February 09, 2005, 09:09:42 PM »

Hits Daily Double reports: When the M?TLEY CR?E "Red, White, and Cr?e 2005...Better Live Than Dead" tour officially launches February 17, the coveted opening slot will be.. a movie? Each show will open with a 20-minute animated feature, "Disaster!", featuring the band and hand-picked by Nikki Sixx, who knows the filmmakers. The short, a claymation parody of action films like "Twister" and "Armageddon", was directed by Roy Wood, who was part of the team behind MTV's "Celebrity Death Match".

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #464 on: February 12, 2005, 10:08:12 AM »

Ladies and Gentlemen:

We have a reunion tour?so now we need a disc to coincide with said tour.

This is it.

Yep kiddies, plastic surgery doesn?t come cheap and neither does keeping up with the rock star lifestyle when all of your band?s ancillary projects have crapped out in cataclysmic proportions. Please see: Methods of Mayhem (Yeeeeaah, boyyee! Foshizzle my nizzle, beeatch! ), Brides of Destruction--which should have been much better than it was--not to mention a lead singer?s solo career which basically consisted of singing the exact same tunes he is about to croon with Motley only with the vocalist playing them in bars rather than amphitheatres. The poor guitarist -- he is probably the coolest guy in the band, yet he?s saddled with health problems that appear to preclude him living anything resembling a normal, pain-free life. In any case, the tour promoting this release may actually be the last time Vince, Nikki, Tommy and Mick take the stage together?if this turns out to be the case, Red, White & Crue would mark the end for a truly legendary group bourn out the genuine havoc and chaos present on Sunset in the eighties. If the end of this road means that a new generation of metal heads ends up recognizing the Crue more for their roles on reality TV than their musical legacy, it may end up saying more about today?s society than it does about the band.

Red, White & Crue is a two-disc collection that spans the entire career of the boys from southern Cal. Of course, you know this retrospective has to start off with ?Live Wire??that?s a given. The other four songs from this period which represent the Too Fast For Love era--not necessarily the album, are ?Piece of Your Action,? ?Toast of the Town,? ?Too Fast for Love? and ?Black Widow.? The inclusion of both ?Toast of the Town? as well as ?Black Widow? may be a surprising considering that neither tune is as strong as say ?Merry-Go-Round? or ?Public Enemy #1,? but it does show that the band was at least trying to make this collection a bit more diverse than either Decade of Decadence or the previous Greatest Hits disc. The selections included here from Crue?s masterpiece, Shout At the Devil, are ?Looks That Kill,? ?Shout at the Devil,? ?Helter Skelter? and ?Too Young To Fall in Love? (remix). Without a doubt, the material the band put out during Too Fast for Love/Shout at the Devil represents the group?s seminal work. Nothing even comes close. Roughly one quarter of the material present on Red, White & Crue comes from this time and the argument could be made that an even higher percentage should have been placed here. Of course, any chronologically-based collection will at least pretend that a given band came out with quality work throughout the span of their run, but? without these two records, Motley?s output would doubtlessly not have been that of which legends are made. Instead, the group would have just gone down as a better-than-average hair band of the era. Much respect is given though--both Too Fast For Love as well as Shout at the Devil sound as impressive right now as the day they were first snapped up as cassettes and tossed in Walkmans by longhairs everywhere.

The second half of disc one includes work from Theatre of Pain, Girls, Girls, Girls and Dr. Feelgood. Although none of these records is exactly abhorrent, most contain more undeniable filler than a greasy chalupa?it?s a good thing they only needed one or two songs from each for this collection. Theatre of Pain?s tracks include ?Smokin? in the Boy?s Room? and ?Use It or Lose It???Home Sweet Home? is the lone major classic that appears on the next disc, and it?s there because the version present here is the one first introduced on Decade of Decadence--not Theatre. Girls, Girls, Girls is represented by the title track as well as ?Wild Side,? ?All in the Name Of?? and ?You?re All I Need?. The latter is a ballad that shockingly enough didn?t become as big as it should have and is definitely a welcome addition here. Disc one concludes with ?Dr. Feelgood,? ?Kickstart My Heart,? ?S.O.S,? ?Don?t Go Away Mad? and ?Without You,? a song that sucks on a level nearly as ball and cock deficient as Extreme?s ?More Than Words.? How this pussy ballad made it bigger than ?All I Need? is a complete and total mystery and it?s just wrong. The same could be said for anyone who believes that Dr. Feelgood is Crue?s best record. If you happen to be one of those people, it must be rough suffering from the type of debilitating mental retardation that results in someone being required to wipe the cream corn from your chin after every feeding. Face it, that record only sold as much as it did because by the time it was released, metal wasn?t metal anymore?it was popular mall music and became the reason bands like White Lion and Danger Danger ever had a reason to exist. If Red, White & Crue had included ?Home Sweet Home? on disc one, it could easily be argued that every single one of the group?s essentials are present on the first half.

That being said, there is a disc two, and it is the definitive wild card here. It starts off predictably enough with three tracks from Decade of Decadence??Anarchy In The U.K.,? ?Primal Scream? and the aforementioned ?Home Sweet Home.? ?Hooligan?s Holiday? and ?Misunderstood? follow and come courtesy of the self-titled album Motley Crue?John Corabi?s debut as vocalist and a record available in a cut out bin near you, despite the fact that the effort really isn?t too bad?in fact, it is much better than Vince?s return to the group, Generation Swine, would later prove to be. ?Planet Boom? and ?Bittersuite? come from the rarities record Supersonic and Demonic as well as the ?94 E.P. Quaternary. Geez, ?Planet Boom? sounds like what one could expect after Tommy Lee and Jay Z just got done taking off their FUBU jerseys and downed a couple of pitchers of gin and juice with their buddy Snoop. As bad as that truly is, ?Beauty? from Generation Swine is almost as abhorrent. This song is awful. As a matter of fact, this tune is as bad as finding yourself singing backup to Corey Feldman. No, this song is as bad as getting your ass kicked by Corey Feldman. ?Afraid? and the title track join ?Beauty? from GS?and each are on par with having Corey screw your girlfriend on a pool table while Corey Haim video tapes it. That should come as no shock to anyone who knows anything though, since it?s common knowledge that Generation Swine systematically ate and devoured putrefied monkey balls swathed in mayonnaise and limburger cheese. ?Enslaved? and ?Bitter Pill? are better than average efforts that come from the Greatest Hits record while ?Hell on High Heels? and ?New Tattoo? come from Crue?s respectable 2000 release of the same name.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #465 on: February 12, 2005, 10:09:50 AM »

The second disc concludes with three new tracks that would comprise half the reason many die hard Motley fans would even considering purchasing this collection. Now, I couldn?t believe it when I first heard that Nikki Sixx collaborated on ?If I Die Tomorrow? with members of pop-shit band Simple Plan. I mean, what?s next? A new record written with Good Charlotte? The whole concept of Nikki getting together with these guys to write seems akin to having Rembrandt collaborate with some dude named Pedro who specialized in finger paints back in the day. I?m not exactly sure what expertise Simple Plan lent to this endeavor, unless the popular perception is really true and that this track really was just a Simple Plan cast off, and I just can?t bring myself to face that potential reality. All questions aside though, the song does rock. I don?t want to admit it. You may disagree--you?d be wrong though. Sixx also pens the ditty entitled ?Sick Love Song,? which undoubtedly qualifies as something maybe just a half notch below a typical Crue masterpiece and in all actuality may be the best selection on the entire second disc. It simply possesses the same Motley attitude and charisma that made this group great from the very beginning. This triumvirate of new songs concludes with Crue?s take on the Rolling Stones? ?Street Fighting Man.? It is an interesting selection since it certainly wouldn?t be an obvious choice by anyone?s standards, yet the band manages to place their own debauchery-laden mark on the track while still performing it in a way that the Stones themselves would have to find endearing. The rave up at this cover should prove interesting during the live show as well, and actually if the band plays any or all of these three tracks, which they are sure to do, you probably won?t be seeing a mass exodus towards the booze and pisser lines. The new tracks should fit snuggly with the old faves--just please, please guys--DON?T PERFORM ?PLANET BOOM?! EVER!

There are those cynics out there?never me?but some who else who might point out the obvious fact that the Crue intends to make a little money off of this record and tour before either riding off into the sunset or becoming completely irrelevant. Maybe the fact is that their primary interest here is financial. Mick has been quoted as saying recently that there is ?greed? all around him. Or, still other people may be put off by the cartoon nature of the personas taken on over the last few years by Vince Neil and Tommy Lee. If that is the case, well? I?d like to hate Vince for having been on the Surreal Life, but? I actually liked that particular season of the show. I just would have liked it better if he would have popped that little whiney bastard Corey Feldman just once?just once. Yeah, Tommy could lay off the Eminem and that would be cool, too? maybe if he would just stop repeating the phrase ?yknowhadimsayindawg?? that would be enough. The most salient point people need to understand about this, though, is that there is simply no blueprint for how bands born out of the LA glam scene of the ?80s are supposed to age. It?s almost like people want to blame Motley for growing older, for eating, for contracting an illness or maybe just being weird when in many ways that is just part of the maturation process. The fact is that I?d rather have an older version of the Crue on the road and releasing an effort like Red, White & Crue in the year 2005 than to not have the band out there playing music at all. Simply put, they were the kings of that time and that era, and when they are gone, we?ll all be missing something. This is a four star purchase if you can pick it up for less than fifteen bucks (it?s on sale all over the place this week), and three stars if you have to pay more. I?ll settle for a rating directly in-between. Let?s hope the band can somehow defy the odds and find the strength to put together one last great string of shows. That is the only fitting way for this to end.

* * * ?

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=3498

I resent what the reviewer said about Generation Swine, i thought that was a great album, but overall he made some good points i think he sums it up best with 'The fact is that I?d rather have an older version of the Crue on the road and releasing an effort like Red, White & Crue in the year 2005 than to not have the band out there playing music at all.' which is what we all want, to see them out on the road performing.  I still haven't heard Sick Love Song or Street Fighting Man and by the sounds of this review they are top class songs, i really can't wait to hear them, and see the band live!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #466 on: February 12, 2005, 10:27:49 AM »

tru, great 2 have them makin music again

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #467 on: February 14, 2005, 11:03:26 AM »

Motley's first show is tonight Cheesy

Mon-02/14/2005      San Juan , Puerto Rico      Coliseo De Puerto Rico

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #468 on: February 14, 2005, 11:08:42 AM »

beer enjoy  Wink

keep them reviews coming  yes so, what atracts ya'all to motley crue?

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #469 on: February 14, 2005, 07:19:54 PM »

beer enjoy  Wink

keep them reviews coming  yes so, what atracts ya'all to motley crue?

Everything!!  Their sound, Nikki Sixx, Tommy Lee, their attitude, they've always been a solid band.

With each album they've done, they completely redid themselves, they never kept the same look, sound, logo, etc..  But it was always good rock n roll.   A few albums weren't so great, but their career is impressive as is their story.

Red, White, and Crue is well worth the 15 bucks  ok

Can't wait to see them in March  beer
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #470 on: February 14, 2005, 07:31:27 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: After weeks of rehearsal, M?TLEY CR?E kicks off its "Red, White & Cr?e" tour tonight (Monday, February 14) in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The tour ? which reunites the group's original lineup for the first time since 1997 ? has been one of the year's hottest sellers so far, which frontman Vince Neil told Launch has been a surprise to the band. "When the tickets went on sale and we sold out so fast, we were all shocked," he said. "You know, we couldn't believe it that fans in other cities were petitioning to get us to go to their cities, and we had to add, like, another 40 shows. So it's very amazing."

Neil promised that the CR?E's new stageshow would be a "circus," and Tommy Lee told Launch that the traditional drum kit stunt during his solo spot would be fittingly outrageous. "I guess I can honestly say this is hands down one of the most dangerous ones," Lee said. "I was telling somebody about it the other night, and they're like, 'Dude, are you out of your mind? You could die!' And I was like, well, yeah, that's kind of the whole, you know, that's what makes it exciting."

The CR?E plays its first mainland U.S. date on Thursday (February 17) in Sunrise, Florida. Dates are booked into May, and the group expects to be on the road well into 2006.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #471 on: February 15, 2005, 11:41:22 AM »

This is the only information recived so far about Motleys show last nigth:

We've just heard from the band from Puerto Rico! It's finally here! They are very excited about this tour and the warm up show in Puerto Rico tonight. Tonight's show is all about Motley at their raw, down and dirty roots. The full blown stage set and crazy shit they've got planned is on it's way to Ft. Lauderdale as we speak, but tonight is all about kicking ass as a band again! Stay tuned, this is going to be a fucking wild tour, you're not going to believe what these guys have in store for you....look out Ft. Lauderdale, the Rock and Roll circus is coming to town!

Heres the info about the show: Well all I can say is that the guys absolutely gave it their all last night in PR. The show rocked - from Shout at the Devil to If I Die Tomorrow. Vince's voice never sounded better. Thanks for the memories guys - you still ROCK.

Set list... well my memory is not what it used to be you know. But I know they started with Shout at the Devil.. they did Too Young to Fall in Love, Wild Side, Looks that Kill, 10 Seconds to Love, Dr Feelgood, Primal Scream, Home Sweet Home.
They were really having fun on stage. I think Vince had a permanent smile and was running around onstage like an 18 year old. Nikki, well what can you say - smooth as ever - played impeccably... Tommy was bashing his heart out on the drums.. Mick's guitar sound last night was amazing. The crowd sure got their money's worth!!! Great Show...!!

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #472 on: February 15, 2005, 12:40:28 PM »

Where did you get that from, Malcolm?

There's gotta be more floating around..

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #473 on: February 15, 2005, 01:42:09 PM »

Where did you get that from, Malcolm?

There's gotta be more floating around..

The shout boards...someone who was there

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #474 on: February 15, 2005, 01:50:50 PM »

some stuff about this and that...

HANOI ROCKS Guitarist Says M?TLEY CR?E's 'The Dirt' Autobiography Contains 'Pure Lies' - Feb. 15, 2005

HANOI ROCKS guitarist Andy McCoy has slammed M?TLEY CR?E over their account of HANOI drummer Nicholas "Razzle" Dingley's death and CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx's heroin overdose, as published in CR?E's best-selling band autobiography, "The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band". Asked by Norway's Metal Express to comment on the book's description of the events surrounding the tragic car accident caused by M?TLEY CR?E singer Vince Neil in 1984 that killed his passenger, HANOI drummer Razzle, McCoy said, "Bullshit, Pure lies. I was there. What happened was Razzle disappeared, and so did Vince. The rest of us were chilling out, man. And he had a wife who was seven months pregnant. After an hour or so, she started getting worried. So me and T-Bone, Tommy Lee [M?TLEY CR?E drummer], took his car and we went looking for him. We drove past this accident. So I was like, 'What color was the car he was driving around?' 'Hey, man, we just passed the fucking scene of an accident with a bright red sports car all smashed up.' I saw Razzle's hat on the street, I went up, 'What the fuck's happened?' They said, 'You have to go to this and this hospital.' In the hospital, I walk in with Tommy, and I was asking about Razzle, and this doctor walks up, 'Anybody here know this guy called Razzle?' I said, 'Yeah, I do, his family.' 'Sorry, your friend has passed away.' I thought he might have a broken leg or something. I had to call the band, and you don't tell this kind of news over the telephone. I asked them to come to the hospital. And it was a pretty sad scene altogether."

In the same interview, McCoy was asked if he has spoken to any of the members of M?TLEY CR?E since publicly voicing his displeasure over CR?E's decision to title their box set "Music To Crash Your Car To" (a move that HANOI ROCKS frontman Michael Monroe had previously called "beyond disrespectful").

"The only one I talk to nowadays is Tommy Lee," Andy replied. "I don't know? Nikki Sixx has got something against me. Maybe he doesn't like that I tell the truth about his fucking heroin overdose. He was never beat up with no fucking baseball bats. The only place he got beat was on his heart to keep it going and with my hands, and giving him a breath of life. And he's a lard-ass anyway, so it wasn't easy carrying him around and trying to get him to wake up ? fucking dragging him to the shower and shit. And then having to read how he was O.D.ed and beaten up with baseball bats and all this crap. C'mon, wake up. I warned him that the stuff was strong. But he wanted to be a tough boy, but with that kind of shit, you don't wanna be a tough boy, 'cause it might be a very thin line between life and death you're playing with. Is it worth it? No."

Listen to the entire 12-minute interview at this location.

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #475 on: February 15, 2005, 01:51:52 PM »

wow, the party's began, get ready 2 get rocked your fuckin asses off headbanger
any dl's yet?

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #476 on: February 15, 2005, 02:06:08 PM »

Heres some pics: http://www.rockontour.com/galeriamotleycrue.html

from the show last night

Shout At The Devil
Live Wire
Too Fast For Love
Ten Seconds To Love
Too Young To Fall In Love
Looks That Kill
Wild Side
Girls Girls Girls
Home Sweet Home
Louder Than Hell
Primal Scream
Don't Go Away Mad...Just Go Away
Same Ol Situation
If I Die Tomorrow
Dr.Feelgood
Kickstar My Heart
ENCORE
Anarchy In The UK

The show was great, but the sound was kind of weird. Mick looks very thin but happy to be playing the guitar again. Nikki was acting like the maniac he is.He smach the bass at the end of Kickstar My heart. Vince is sounding good but he needs to practice more. Tommy he was hyper as always, happy motherfucker fucking the drums hard and having fun. But no drum solo. The show was about an hour and a half, not 2 hours.
The crowd was excelent like 10,000 peoples. Anyways the show was excelent,
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 03:53:18 PM by Malcolm » Logged

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #477 on: February 16, 2005, 03:34:22 PM »

Heres Motleys First Tour Promo Pic....

http://www.imandd.com/images/MCTour.jpg

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #478 on: February 16, 2005, 04:08:21 PM »

Heres some pics: http://www.rockontour.com/galeriamotleycrue.html

from the show last night

Shout At The Devil
Live Wire
Too Fast For Love
Ten Seconds To Love
Too Young To Fall In Love
Looks That Kill
Wild Side
Girls Girls Girls
Home Sweet Home
Louder Than Hell
Primal Scream
Don't Go Away Mad...Just Go Away
Same Ol Situation
If I Die Tomorrow
Dr.Feelgood
Kickstar My Heart
ENCORE
Anarchy In The UK

The show was great, but the sound was kind of weird. Mick looks very thin but happy to be playing the guitar again. Nikki was acting like the maniac he is.He smach the bass at the end of Kickstar My heart. Vince is sounding good but he needs to practice more. Tommy he was hyper as always, happy motherfucker fucking the drums hard and having fun. But no drum solo. The show was about an hour and a half, not 2 hours.
The crowd was excelent like 10,000 peoples. Anyways the show was excelent,
The show was capacity 18,000 strong.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #479 on: February 16, 2005, 04:24:23 PM »

fuck yeah, this is awesome, can't wait 4 the oslo gig headbanger

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: