Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:03:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 344814 times)
Beowulf
« Reply #360 on: February 04, 2005, 03:26:56 AM »

No problem. I may go post that Velvet Revolver interview in the other forum. Cause it's midnight and I don't have anything fucking better to do.  beer

Oh - and "emo" is a style of music; stands for "emotional". Although it's mainly for teenage boys who wear eyeshadow and spend their time crying in the dark.  Grin
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #361 on: February 04, 2005, 03:34:43 AM »

You know what the problem with both Motley Crue and Guns N' Roses was?  Both were once great bands that went off track when they tried to become something they weren't.  Motley tried to become an electronica-grunge band in the 90s, and Guns split apart and became Axl's Nine Inch Nails fantasy.  Whatever.  They were two of the best bands of the 80s.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #362 on: February 04, 2005, 03:44:16 AM »

thats fucking cool... Even the Crue want Axl to come back.....

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #363 on: February 04, 2005, 03:45:27 AM »

i like to see that picture of slash with motley's balls on his chin hihi hihi hihi hihi

thats ok journey on the way to my house i will torture u by making u listen to Red,White,and Crue all the way!!!!!!!!!!!

I think what Nikki said makes a lot of sense and i dont consider it a diss

he's telling axl that "hey its just music" so stop tryin to be so artsy and what not and just come back and make music

kind of an argument we had on the board some time ago

would u rather have 5 good albums or 1 great album?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #364 on: February 04, 2005, 05:56:56 AM »

would u rather have 5 good albums or 1 great album?

1 great.
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #365 on: February 04, 2005, 07:02:09 AM »

From Axl I would have 1 great, from the ex gunners 5 good.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #366 on: February 04, 2005, 08:20:14 AM »

i like to see that picture of slash with motley's balls on his chin hihi hihi hihi hihi
Yuck! You want to see Motley's nut sacs? Anything else man, Anything else hihi

Fuck 'Em All.
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #367 on: February 04, 2005, 09:15:19 AM »

"Lose your inner-emo. Come back to us. Dude, let's rock"-Nikki Sixx.

Um, okay, following this thought, let's all be lunkheaded simpleton 'see spot run' musician junky has-beens.

The same goes for Matt Sorum. With that soundbyte from Behind The Music where he was ripping on Axl for composing for a '70-piece orchestra' (paraphrasing).

NO.

I'd rather take Axl and the new gang wanting to create something where the odds are ALL or NOTHING. And create something that's so different and fresh. Who cares if it's 'good' or 'bad' in the mainstream?? The real Guns fans here are along for the rider, come hell or high water.

Motley Crue? Go home.
Matt Sorum? You're a right-place, right time. You've been a filler for original members in two bands. You've never proven to START something in a band. Shut up. And go home.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #368 on: February 04, 2005, 10:45:31 AM »

Thanks for posting that.

People still talk about Axl, pretty good for a "recluse".  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #369 on: February 04, 2005, 11:49:40 AM »

holy sht.. that almost made me tear.. vince not holding a grudge.. nikki telling axl to come back to em and rock out.. that's amazing..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #370 on: February 04, 2005, 12:21:44 PM »

"Lose your inner-emo. Come back to us. Dude, let's rock"-Nikki Sixx.

Um, okay, following this thought, let's all be lunkheaded simpleton 'see spot run' musician junky has-beens.

The same goes for Matt Sorum. With that soundbyte from Behind The Music where he was ripping on Axl for composing for a '70-piece orchestra' (paraphrasing).

NO.

I'd rather take Axl and the new gang wanting to create something where the odds are ALL or NOTHING. And create something that's so different and fresh. Who cares if it's 'good' or 'bad' in the mainstream?? The real Guns fans here are along for the rider, come hell or high water.

I agree. I'll take a singer with too much "inner-emo" (whatever that means) over Vince Neil any day of the week.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #371 on: February 04, 2005, 12:32:10 PM »

Come back to us. Dude, let's rock.

Axl doesnt want to go down the toilet and "just rock". MC has put out a garbage GH collection with a few new tracks that they didnt take 5 minutes to write and think over. They have admitted they dont know why they  are doing this reunion and that its just for the money. Pure garbage.

They think its the cool thing to do to just go out there and just rock. Fuk that just rock bullshit. Thats why the rock genre is where it is today. All the old bands live on their legacy and havnt pushed the envelop like they once did. They havnt inspired anyone. Instead of putting your balls on the line each and everytime with your music they put their pasts out there like we should all drop to our knees.

If any1 thinks the gnr vmas were bad I strongly suggest you go back and look at the dispicable performance MC put on at the Video Gmae Award show. Now thats an embarresement.

Ok, fine, MC have a different plan than GNR. MC is more about the old stuff and reunion whereas GNr are like a new band. Ok fine. BUt dont call out Axl when you havnt done anything stellar yourself in a very very long time. Your lead singer is a talentless pussy. ANd the bass player cant even play.
Atleast Axl and GNr are trying to make a difference. Atleast they are wrapped up in the music they make and not their image. Yea its the cool thing to make fun of Axl and the hwole GNr thing but its for all the wrong reasons. The guy has been working his ass off to make soemthing that is better than what he once did. WHether that feat is capable remains to be seen. But his reputation has been and will be put on the line.

Im just sick n tired of all these people saying lets rock out and calling out Axl. When the guy drops the album all of these same people are going to look pretty foolish.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #372 on: February 04, 2005, 01:23:38 PM »

that emo comment cracked me up, why not call it emotional!

HEY NYTUNZ, remember how Jessy Malin joked about that!  hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
bad tripp
Headliner

Here Today... Probably Here Tommorrow

« Reply #373 on: February 04, 2005, 02:05:46 PM »

they dont call it 'emotional' cause the term 'emo' comes from emotive

PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #374 on: February 04, 2005, 02:20:14 PM »

I agree with Nikki.  Axl is trying to be to artsy.  You don't need 10 years for a hard rock album.  Whatever happened to getting loaded and recording a raw album?  Axl is a rock star, not Mozart.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #375 on: February 04, 2005, 02:30:13 PM »

which means??  hihi

I agree with Nikki.? Axl is trying to be to artsy.? You don't need 10 years for a hard rock album.? Whatever happened to getting loaded and recording a raw album?? Axl is a rock star, not Mozart.

do you think he has used evey hour of every day making that album??

It is possible that the guy has actually lived a pretty normal life, doing pretty much regular things and working on an album on the side....

and if you think axl is a saint now, think again!

Rumous say that Axl looses his grip of thing as soon as he gets on the road with coke in particular, actually he's a fuckin' coke head acording to my secret source, i have also seen a pic where he holds a beer and a cigar  rofl

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #376 on: February 04, 2005, 02:34:14 PM »

There's a lot more to music than fucking getting high off your ass. Its fucking ridiculous. Thats why all the great bands broke up. Led Zeppelin, broke up because John Bonham died because of alchohol(sorry its a drug), Aerosmith, broke up in the late 70s or early 80s because of drugs, and you better believe that a part in the GN'R breakup had to do with drugs. Remember the concert in Los Angeles in 1989. Like Axl said in Chicago '92 it aint about that shit, thats just little kid fuckin bullshit. Just cause Axl dont like to fuck his life up with drugs doesnt mean he is fuckin emo. And also, Vince Neil didnt exactly "step up" to the challenge either cause I have an interview where Axl calls him out. And as we know Axl aint no pussy cause he has punched out his share of people in his day.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #377 on: February 04, 2005, 02:42:04 PM »

which means??? hihi

hmm..

emotional a. given to emotion; appealing to the emotions

emotive a. tending to arouse emotion

Grin

do you think he has used evey hour of every day making that album??

Absolutely not.The people that say Axl has slaved away all these years, day in and day out on the album. Come on. This is the guy who told Zakk Wylde that he still didn't have any lyrics or anything because- " What do you want me to write about ? Lawsuits?" something to that effect.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #378 on: February 04, 2005, 03:35:50 PM »

Although I think Nikki is kick ass, I wish he'd keep his fucking mouth shut!.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Boner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #379 on: February 04, 2005, 05:23:51 PM »

Didn't they (Motley Crue) just released that pussy ass song "If i died Tomorrow" where Vince sounds like a 14 years old school girl?

lol...talking about Rocking.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: