Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:43:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 344792 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #320 on: January 11, 2005, 08:49:13 PM »

Brandy195869 in Onstage_1 asks: It took a long time to get this tour together, were you starting to doubt wether or not it would happen?
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: It's been trying and frustrating and exciting and nothing in the world of Motley Crue is ever easy. With that being said, being an optimist, I always believed, but there were times of extreme frustration.
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: In the beginning we were denying that we were going on tour because we wanted to play, do videos, record, and spend time together and see if we liked it. It was that chemistry that we have when we're together that pushed it to the next level. We had to
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: make sure it was right first, so we didn't go on tour and break up.
DishDiva says: When you are on stage, what do you think when you see the fans in the audience? Do you focus on one fan whose enthusiasm catches your eye?
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: I catch different people at different times. Someone will do something and I'll notice. There's a connection, like Robert Plant's "The Ocean" and he was talking about the ocean of fans. It's a neat thing being on stage, we see something you don't, but so
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: do you. We don't get to see what you see. We video tape it but we only see one or two guys, it's not a wide shot of the whole show. It's interesting.
Mothad6 in Onstage_1 asks: If, God forbid, the music in your head stopped tomorrow and you had to choose to do something else, what would it be?
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: It would probably be producing and writing songs for other people. It's a place I'll probably end up. If you say the music stopped, I guess I would be writing songs, but I have such a passion for music I will be doing this for a long long time.
SixxyNikkiSixx in Onstage_1 asks: I have been wondering this for a long time... It might seem like a dumb question, but In Too Young To Fall in Love (video) what is the little girl wispering in your ear?
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: I want you.
SIXXGUNNER23 in Onstage_1 asks: ARE ANY MORE PLATINUM PACKAGES GOING TO BE RELEASED FOR THE SOLD OUT SHOWS? CHURCHVILLE, PA
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: Whatever has been sold and sold out, that's it. We kept the number sort of low. It was an experiment and we weren't sure if we liked the idea but after talking to fans, they felt it was awesome to be able to meet the band and a special t-shirt, special
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: stuff like that. We weren't sure if we wanted to. After talking to fans we're glad we did it. There are always people that will be mad because there's an inflated ticket price and you get something no one else does. But there's always going to be someone
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: upset. I think it's because there's such a loyalty to the band that you have a small group of people that are very jealous of the relationship of the fans and the bands and they try and tear it down.
DishDiva says: Your MSN Live hosts are Josie, Judy and TRish. If you have any questions about MSN Live, these ladies are the experts to ask!
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: Like with Jimmy Buffet you have the Dead Heads. There are some bands that have that special relationship and I'm very excited to have that relationship with fans and to meet them.
DishDiva says: Nikki, we're seeing that the Bring the Crue campaign worked for a number of cities. Is there still a possibility for fans to get the band to come to their town?
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: The Bring the Crue Campaign started in Canada and has moved to other countries where fans have been so vocal about wanting to see the band it's getting us to pay attention to cities we weren't planning to go to. This wasn't just one or two thousand people
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: it's more like 10,000 people petitioning for us to come to their town. I do believe it is something we are very open to.
DishDiva says: Nikki, from all of your fans from around the world here this afternoon and from all of us here at MSN Live, thansk for swringing by to talk with fans about the upcoming Red White and Crue Tour!
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: Thank you for making the tour a success, thanks for putting up with all the years of insanity, we'll see you on tour!!
DishDiva says: Thanks to Nikki Sixx for stopping by to chat with fans.
DishDiva says: Nikki has left the stage.
Host_Josie_LiveEvent : Upcoming chats with Motley Crue as they are on the road!
Host_Josie_LiveEvent : Mick Mars - Tue., Jan. 18 @ 7:30pm ET/4:30pm PT
Host_Josie_LiveEvent : Tommy Lee - Tue., Jan. 25 @ 7:30pm ET/4:30pm PT
DishDiva says: Want to get a COMMENT onstage? Click the submit question button now and enter your COMMENT!
DishDiva says: Thanks also to Josie, Judy and Trish, your MSN Live hosts!
Prowler-22 in Onstage_1 asks: Thank you so much for tonights wonderful events, It went very well you and the host team done a great job
tattman19711 in Onstage_1 asks: Thanks for a great chat!
SnakeEyez33 in Onstage_1 asks: Is this transcript going be saved and available to be read later?
DishDiva says: Yes it will be available later.
The chat's topic has changed to: Psychic Storm Cestavani Wed. Jan. 12 at 4pm PT, 5pm MTN, 6pm CT, 7pm ET THEN Ian Somerhalder of ABC series (`)Lost
Lynnde7 in Onstage_1 asks: I thought the chat was great, but way to short.
The chat's topic has changed to: Psychic Storm Cestavani Wed. Jan. 12 at 4pm PT, 5pm MTN, 6pm CT, 7pm ET THEN Ian Somerhalder of ABC series Lost
DishDiva says: We know. We'd like the events to be longer but 30 minutes can be a big chunk fo time for a star. Think about this. Usually if a star appears on "The Tonight Show" or even "The Today Show" they are on the show for 5-10 minutes.
DishDiva says: It's great that we're able to present a star to chat directly with fans for 30 minutes. I don't know anywhere else where you can do that.
motleycruefan88 in Onstage_1 asks: Thanks, next time will I have more of a chance to get my questions answered?
DishDiva says: You know, the stars who guest on MSN Live receive so many questions.
DishDiva says: We wish we could get to all of them buts ometimes we can get upwards of 7,000 questions for a guest!
DishDiva says: I know it can be frustrating when you want to see your question up onstage.
Hardrock307 in Onstage_1 asks: DishDiva: Will I be able to ask Mick or Tommy about coming to more Canadian cities, or will you be answering them and asking all the questions? Thanks
DishDiva says: Because you can find out what cities the band is touring in on their website, we'll refer you to their official site to find out this information.
DishDiva says: Would you want to spend 30 minutes in a chat event with Motley Crue as the band member just answers "Yes, I am coming to Vancouver." No, I am not coming to Maine yet."?
DishDiva says: This is a great chance to ask Motley Crue ANYTHING.
DishDiva says: Take the opportunity to come up with a creative question. You can fidn out what cities they are touring in on their website.
Alaskahotchic in Onstage_1 asks: my question was about them COMING to ALASKA
DishDiva says: And we had hundreds if not thousands of questions from people asking if Motley was coming to England, Australia, Maine etc.
cyberjunkyfreak in Onstage_1 asks: ANYTHING? Boxers or briefs?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #321 on: January 12, 2005, 06:04:48 AM »

Upwards of 7,000 questions and Vince still answered my question last week....great stuff....im pissed i missed this i forgot all about it thanks for posting it dude ok  I'll try and remember Mick Mars next week.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #322 on: January 12, 2005, 06:06:59 AM »

i am there for tommy lee

i cant believe i forgot about nikki's

im still smackin myself over it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #323 on: January 15, 2005, 07:02:35 PM »

Someone over at Motley.com just said they heard another of Motleys new songs called Sick Love Song on a radio station in the states and said it kicked major ass and it sounded very much like a guns n roses song lol peace

Edit: I have yet to hear it so dont quote me on that
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 07:04:22 PM by Malcolm » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #324 on: January 16, 2005, 01:13:09 AM »

Someone over at Motley.com just said they heard another of Motleys new songs called Sick Love Song on a radio station in the states and said it kicked major ass and it sounded very much like a guns n roses song lol peace

Edit: I have yet to hear it so dont quote me on that

yeah this is the one i think Tommy Lee wanted to release first i think

i cant wait to hear this!

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #325 on: January 17, 2005, 06:47:30 PM »

Former KISS guitarist Bruce Kulick is the latest musician to deny that he has been approached by M?TLEY CR?E to replace Mick Mars during the group's upcoming tour. Mars, 53, who suffers from the chronic degenerative illness ankylosing spondylitis, has been recovering after hip-replacement surgery last October.

One of Sweden's biggest daily newspapers, Expressen, reported in today's edition that CR?E drummer Tommy Lee was quoted on the band's official web site as having stated during a recent radio interview that Kulick has already been confirmed as the replacement for Mars should Mick be forced to miss any of the dates on the band's upcoming tour.

Commenting on the rumors, Johannes Lindstr?m, the publicist for the Sweden Rock festival, where CR?E are scheduled to perform in June, said, "It's very possible that that [Mick will have to be replaced on the upcoming tour]. He doesn't look very well [based on recent photos]. But we have not yet received any information other than that Mick is on board for the tour."

Contacted directly by Expressen, Kulick shot down the rumors, stating, "I have not been contacted by CR?E. I know Nikki Sixx [M?TLEY CR?E bassist] and if the plan was for me to jump in as the guitar player, he would have called me.

"I wish Mick all the best and I am convinced that he is well enough to play the shows," Kulick added.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #326 on: January 17, 2005, 06:49:59 PM »

According to Pollstar, M?TLEY CR?E singer Vince Neil has lined up the following solo tour dates during the coming months:

Jul. 16 - Cadott, WI @ Chippewa Valley Festival Grounds (w/ Rock Never Stops)
Aug. 13 - West Allis, WI @ Wisconsin State Fair
Dec. 01 - London, UK @ The Astoria
Dec. 02 - Bradford, UK @ Town & Country
Dec. 03 - Nottingham, UK @ Rock City
Dec. 04 - Newcastle, UK @ City Live Arena

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #327 on: January 18, 2005, 05:07:23 PM »

Mick Mars Is On MSN Tonight Smiley

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #328 on: January 18, 2005, 08:42:21 PM »

Mick Mars Is On MSN Tonight Smiley
Postponed until February 1st.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #329 on: January 19, 2005, 05:02:14 PM »

Oh really...thats odd..oh well..Is tommys still on the scheduled date?

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #330 on: January 21, 2005, 11:28:28 PM »

Audio samples from M?TLEY CR?E's upcoming two-CD "greatest hits" collection, "Red, White & Cr?e", have been posted online at MSN.com. Included on the album are three brand-new CR?E songs (the new single "If I Die Tomorrow", "Sick Love Song", and a cover of the ROLLING STONES' "Street Fighting Man"), recorded by the group's original lineup (except "Street Fighting Man", which features A PERFECT CIRCLE drummer Josh Freese).

"Red, White & Cr?e" is scheduled for release on February 1 via the Hippo/Motley/UTV imprint.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #331 on: January 21, 2005, 11:33:06 PM »

NBC4.tv is reporting that M?TLEY CR?E will not appear on NBC again because of singer Vince Neil's use of an obscenity when wishing bandmate Tommy Lee a happy new year in the midst of performing "Girls, Girls Girls" on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno", Jeff Zucker, president of the NBC Universal Television Group told a meeting of the Television Critics Association Friday (Jan. 21).

The profanity, broadcast live after midnight in the Eastern time zone, was removed when the taped show was replayed in the Pacific and Mountain time zones.

The next New Year's Eve edition of "The Tonight Show" will be shown on a five-second delay because of Neil's slip-up, Zucker said.

The Federal Communications Commission received complaints about the New Year's Eve "Tonight" show and subsequently began a preliminary probe. But it's likely little will come of it.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #332 on: January 24, 2005, 04:24:34 PM »

This message is from Motley Crue in the Diary section on there official website:

THE ROCK N ROLL CIRCUS IS ABOUT TO HIT THE ROAD AND REHEARSALS ARE SOUNDING AND LOOKING REALLY GOOD.

THE LIGHTS ARE BEING PROGRAMED
THE DRUM SOLO IS BEING BUILT
THE FREAKS ARE HIRED AND ARE WORKING ON THERE STUNTS
THE SPECIAL PYRO EFFECTS ARE BEING PRACTICED.......
WHAT CAN I SAY..TIME TO BRING THE FREAKSHOW BACK TO ROCK N ROLL

THIS  SHOW IS BIGGER THAN DR FEELGOOD AT THIS POINT.....AND WE CANT WAIT TO BRING IT TO YOUR TOWN.

P.S. ITS SO COOL TO BE PLAYING SONGS WE HAVEN'T PLAYED((OR EVER PLAYED)) IN YEARS....

THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN......
NIKKI,VINCE,TOMMY AND MICK

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #333 on: January 26, 2005, 04:43:28 PM »

DishDiva says: Tommy, welcome to MSN Live! It's great to have you back!
DishDiva says: Tommy says: A big giant What is CRACKIN!!
motleyclan in Onstage_1 asks: Hey Tommy,what is your favourite Crue song to perform and why?Congrats on Tommyland great book,can't wait to see you guys rock the house in Toronto and London Ont. Love you guys Lisa, London, Ontario
DishDiva says: Tommy says: Hello Lisa, glad you loved the book. Can't wait to see you and the rest of the Canadian Maniacs. My favorite song to play live is probably "Primal Scream." That's one of my favorites.
motleymaniac2006 in Onstage_1 asks: Tommy, I know that you are an awesome drum player. How did you get so good? I know you took band in high school but on If I Die Tomorrow how do you play that hi-hat at a steady beat and hit the bass drum on the off beats? See ya in MARCH 8th in Ohio!
DishDiva says: Tommy says: Oh boy, you know what? When I was really little I would put on the headphones and play drums to all my favorite stuff. I had a lot of influences and inspirations.
DishDiva says: Tommy says: I played a lot and I played along with it.
Newtattoo222 in Onstage_1 asks: When you write songs does the beat, the melody or the lyics come first?- Scotland
DishDiva says: Tommy says: Hi Scot! You know what there is no real formula. Sometimes the beat comes from, sometimes the lyric, sometimes the badass guitar lyric comes first. It's whatever you're feeling.
Celena1224 in Onstage_1 asks: Hi Tommy! Thanks for letting us inside that handsome head of yours with "Tommyland". Any chance of ever writing another book? Celena in FL
xoxMissNikkiCruexox in Onstage_1 asks: What crazy things can we expect this tour!!! and your HOT!!!!!! <3
Tommy_Lee_Live says: Hello. I don't know,That?s 42 years of life. Maybe one day when I?m lying in my death bed, who knows.
Tommy_Lee_Live says: Ever been to the circus? Expect the unexpected
Wwetoughenoughwannabe1 in Onstage_1 asks: usa what do u like about being on tour?
Tommy_Lee_Live says: It's interesting because being on tour, for me, I was just saying this to a friend the other day. I said "I gotta go on tour to go on vacation."
Tommy_Lee_Live says: If I'm home, it's crazy for me. I'm rehersing with Motley in the evening I'm finishing my solo album during the day and I'm in the studio during the week. So going on tour for me is taking a break.
xTerrrorTwin66x in Onstage_1 asks: What was your favorite m?tley cr?e video you did and why? Detroit, MI
RealDeal1971 in Onstage_1 asks: Hey Tommy...great to see the band all back together. How was the vibe the first time you guys played together again after all this time?
Tommy_Lee_Live says: Probably it would be "Wild Side." Because it's live and the drums are spinning upside down and it's crazy, and the fans are going crazy.
Tommy_Lee_Live says: It's like a family reunion... a family reunion from hell. (laughs)
Newtattoo222 in Onstage_1 asks: How many sticks do you get through, on average, at a show?
Tommy_Lee_Live says: Well when I used to play wood drum sticks I would break a stick every song or two. Now I use Ahead, they are aluminum sticks and they last about 4 or 5 songs.
Texangirl_21 in Onstage_1 asks: What was coolest thing you can remember that you've done in the last 20 years of Motley Crue? Amarillo, Tx
Tommy_Lee_Live says: Probably play Russia. That was pretty crazy. That was definitely the coolest at Lennon Stadium.
DishDiva says: What was amazing about that show?
Tommy_Lee_Live says: I don't think it had so much to do with the show, more to do with the place, just being in Russia for the first time and seeing how people live there and how grateful I was to get back home.
Tommy_Lee_Live says: It was just a bit of a culture shock, which I enjoyed, and one of the coolest moments to go to Russia.
sixxdogg68 in Onstage_1 asks: Brisbane, Australia. G'Day T-Bone. There has been no news on the Australian leg of the tour. Please tell me you are still heading our way?
Tommy_Lee_Live says: correction: Lenin Stadium.
Tommy_Lee_Live says: If there isn't a Motley show in your area, look into doing a Bring the Crue Campagne and if you do a search on the internet there have been some articles written about it in the last few months.
dayne3869 in Onstage_1 asks: Tommy do your kids show any interest in music ? Dana in Fresno ,cali

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #334 on: January 26, 2005, 04:45:10 PM »

DishDiva says: Do you ever jam with them?
Tommy_Lee_Live says: Yeah, they've got little tiny drums, tiny keyboards, a little PA system I just got them. Pianos, guitars, I have pretty much set them up with everything. I figure I will put everything out there and see what they gravitate towards. They definitely have an
Tommy_Lee_Live says: interest and when I'm rehersing, they love to come in and watch, they are only 7 and 8 years old. They are just tasting it at the moment.
DishDiva says: Do you jam with the boys?
Tommy_Lee_Live says: Oh yeah! And we have it on film too. It's killer. (laughs)
tambor76 in Onstage_1 asks: Tommy do you still have your drums from past Motley Crue tours?
Tommy_Lee_Live says: Some I have, others have gone to various Hard Rock Cafes of the world.
14doughboysixx9 in Onstage_1 asks: You guys have meant alot to me growing up, an escape in music and lyrics actually got me writing songs. It's sound corny but i named my son Thomas after u. Thanks 4 everything
Tommy_Lee_Live says: Oh wow, that's cool. Thank you. I'm happy we have somehow inspired you in your life musically or lyrically to write your own music. Way to go Thomas!
PlanetBoom1969 in Onstage_1 asks: What drum set will be using on tour, double bass drum kit or single bass drum kit with dual peddles?? Boom Qc City Can 35
Tommy_Lee_Live says: Double bass drum kit and electronic kit. There's 3 drum kits on this tour, one main that's acoustic and electronic and two other drum sets that I cannot tell you what they are yet.
do1800 in Onstage_1 asks: Tommy, if there is one other instrument you would love to learn, which would it be? Denise, MI
Tommy_Lee_Live says: You know what, I would love to learn how to play the cello or the violin. I just love that instrument. I use it on the keyboard and would love to learn how to play it. I think they are beautiful instruments.
cblack95 in Onstage_1 asks: Hey Tommy!! Will you guys be performing any songs from the "Generation Swine" or "Motley Crue" albums on this tour?? Also, any tricks up your sleeve for your drum solo??
Tommy_Lee_Live says: Yes we will be playing songs from all the records including "Generation Swine." Of course there's tricks up my sleeve but I can't tell you about that. I'm in the process of building it all. I know what it's going to be, but I can't tell you exactly what
DishDiva says: You don't really want him to give anything away, do you?
Tommy_Lee_Live says: it's going to be. You'll just have to come and see it. Just know it's going to be f***in' incredible.
PainfulLust4MrSixx in Onstage_1 asks: I heard about the Dirt movie, i heard Ashton is to play you, but any news on whos to play the other members? Jenny NJ
Tommy_Lee_Live says: That's just a rumor. My preference would be Johnny Depp because I know him and he's a big music fan and he plays guitar and sings. Being so well connected to music he'd do a great job, I just love that guy. He'd be my dream guy to play me.
Crimson_joel1 in Onstage_1 asks: Tommy what is your favourite drum accessory you have?
Tommy_Lee_Live says: My drink holder. (laughs)
lmggirl in Onstage_1 asks: I can hardly wait! You guys aren't coming to Houston until the summer/fall. So I'm taking a 6 hr. road trip to see you guys in San antonio
Tommy_Lee_Live says: WOW. You rule!!
Tommy_Lee_Live says: That's awesome.
DishDiva says: Have you ever done anything like that for a band you loved?
Tommy_Lee_Live says: Hell no.
DishDiva says: You have some pretty dedicated fans, then!
Tommy_Lee_Live says: Yeah, we do know.
Sweetcheeks1918 in Onstage_1 asks: Will there be a dvd from this tour?
Tommy_Lee_Live says: Not that I know of but that doesn't mean there won't. I know there's a special on VH-1 that we just wrapped up the other day so I know that's coming out.
trashy_kitten in Onstage_1 asks: How are Brandon and Dylan feeling about the tour?
Tommy_Lee_Live says: They know their dad works really hard, I'm sure they aren't jumping up and down about me leaving. But I know they get excited about coming out on tour and jumping around the bus and playing video games. That's the part I know they will like. Having their
Tommy_Lee_Live says: dad gone, I'm sure they are not looking forward to that.
Statik_93 in Onstage_1 asks: Hey Tommy, do you guys have a planned setlist for the tour, or plan on mixing it up for every show? Zach, Toronto
Tommy_Lee_Live says: We actually have about 2 1/2 hours and doing all that and mixing and matching from day to do so that fans that go to more than one show, they see a new show each time.
m900jay in Onstage_1 asks: 6hour drive is nothing i am flying from seattle to Los Angeles and then Las VEgas.
Tommy_Lee_Live says: You win!
CrueCi_Fied in Onstage_1 asks: Tommy it's great to see you guys back! I can't wait to see you guys. Are you going to be doing that ultimately unique drum solo in the cage once again? That was awesome!!!
Tommy_Lee_Live says: No. Did it, done it, I'm on to something completely different and out of control.
UphillCrafty in Onstage_1 asks: How about a live cd from this tour also?
Tommy_Lee_Live says: I hope not. (laughs)
Tommy_Lee_Live says: I'm not a big fan of live recordings. I would rather be there and see the show than hear it on a CD. I don't know of any recordings that are actually great.
dayne3869 in Onstage_1 asks: whats a typical day for you Tommy?
Tommy_Lee_Live says: Are you sure you want to know? Do we have enough time for that?
Sixx633 in Onstage_1 asks: Are you looking foward to meeting fans, via platinum packages backstage?
Tommy_Lee_Live says: Absolutely.
-STARING-AT-THE-STARS- in Onstage_1 asks: Is this really Tommy Lee?
DishDiva says: It really is Tommy Lee!
Tommy_Lee_Live says: It's me on the phone but it's Laura typing.
DishDiva says: Tommy, from all of your fans here on MSN, thanks for joining us to talk about the Crue Tour!
Tommy_Lee_Live says: Thank you all for chatting with me and I look forward to seeing all you f***ing maniacs real real soon, as in 2 weeks.
DishDiva says: Thanks to Tommy Lee, one of the coolest guests to ever grace the MSN Live stage!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #335 on: January 27, 2005, 02:40:29 AM »

Tommy fucking rules!!!!!

i cant believe i missed this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rant rant rant rant rant

i will never forgive myself for forgetting about this tommy lee chat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rant rant rant i was at the movies watching "saw" and forgot all bout Tommy!
oh well

since they arent comin close there had better be a dvd or i better get ahold of a good boot or something.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #336 on: January 27, 2005, 05:12:57 PM »

Q&A: Nikki Sixx

The Motley Crue bassist looks back on the days of six-foot lines of coke and fans swinging dead animals

I asked our tour manager, 'Where's the fucking midget?' " says Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx. "He goes, 'I don't know if it'll fit in the budget.' I told him, 'I don't give a fuck! Go find a homeless midget!' " Sixx, 46, the Crue's chief songwriter, is at home in Los Angeles preparing for the band's first outing in six years. The Crue will tour behind Red, White and Crue, a greatest-hits album out in February. Shows are selling out in cities around the world; tens of thousands of fans have signed petitions urging the band to add more dates in smaller towns. "I think rock shows are dated and passe if there's not something theatrical about them," says Sixx, adding this message for the kids: "Where's the new Steven Tyler, Johnny Rotten and the Ramones? Stop boring us. Let's blow some shit up! Let's be politically incorrect. Let's fucking whip our dicks out onstage. It's time! All the sickos are coming out for this tour -- if you go, you're gonna get laid."

When you were four, your mother was a backup singer for Frank Sinatra. Do you remember meeting him?

I'm positive my mother would have introduced me -- everybody uses their kid to hang out with celebrities, right? But that's not a memory I can piece together. I was more interested in finding my Hot Wheels that rolled under Row 27.

You've said you listened to radio obsessively as a kid. Do you still?

Right now I'm addicted to XM and Sirius. It's like radio on steroids. You can tune in to the hard shit, young scream-metal bands, or deep vinyl tracks from the Sixties or some obscure Marvin Gaye track or a trippy acoustic version of a Led Zeppelin song.

You mention in Motley Crue's bio The Dirt that curly-haired guys can't rock. What about Robert Plant?

You know, I'm not the biggest fan. Why aren't Queen and AC/DC thought of on the level of Zeppelin? Zeppelin were derived from the blues and really didn't go much farther. AC/DC carved out an original, never-heard-before sound. And Queen -- goddamn, man, fucking Queen II will knock your dick in the dirt every time.

What are your favorite bass lines?

You can always go to Paul McCartney and say, "Wow, great bass line." You could say that to Flea. They've created remarkable, hooky stuff. I do as well at times, like in "Primal Scream." But a lot of times the bass is secondary to the song. I love the playing on the Sex Pistols' Never Mind the Bollocks.

Do you and your wife have a song?

You're gonna get me in trouble -- we don't really have a song. Well, I guess our song is between the sheets.

You mean the moaning? Or the Isley Brothers tune?

The music that's coming from between the sheets.

So you do it with the music off.

It goes in phases. There was a while when we were in a Roots phase, y'know, and Maxwell and stuff like that. My wife can tear it up. She's the wildest one in the house, and we get into the hard stuff sometimes. Nothing like a little Hatebreed when you're getting it on!

If you were to go to hell, what song would be playing over and over?

Anything by Ashlee Simpson.

What's the craziest thing you've seen, looking into an audience?

Dead animal parts. That's the sure sign that things are going awry. It's usually in Europe, and you look out and there's some guy waving a fucking cow leg.

Do you have scars that remind you of specific moments with the Crue?

No, but I'm pretty fucking scarred up from bashing myself onstage. My hands are fucked up. But nothing like Tommy [Lee]. He's a war zone. He puts so much into his drumming that his body is thrashed.

Given his recent hip-replacement surgery, will Mick Mars be able to make it through the tour?

Our show is over two hours long. First, it's a big portion of the first two records, then an intermission. Mick called me last night and said, "I don't know about this fucking intermission shit! Once we get rockin', I don't wanna stop!" He wants to work up a twenty-minute guitar solo. There are no worries there. Mick Mars is ready to fucking crush!

There's a great photo in The Dirt of a fat line of coke you formed into the shape of Texas. Did you make any other cool coke designs?

We used to have a dealer who followed us anywhere, with four or five ounces. We'd make these power rails: six feet long and two inches wide. People would be like, "You're out of your fucking mind!" We'd see how much we could do.

Oh, my God! You've done your height in coke?

Yeah!

How much makeup will you be bringing on tour?

You gotta wear makeup. You gotta look like a wreck. That's the purpose. Anyone who thinks makeup is to look pretty is a fag.

Did you keep all your old Crue outfits?

They're in a storage unit. When you open the wardrobe case, that funk will knock you to your knees. What we were sweating out of our system should have deteriorated the clothes. Maybe it preserved them, but that shit has not been washed in twenty years.

Exactly what does it smell like?

Have you ever smelled a dead animal?

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #337 on: January 28, 2005, 11:16:27 AM »

M?TLEY CR?E guitarist Mick Mars spoke to the Grand Forks Herald earlier this week about the group's upcoming reunion tour and his recent hip replacement surgery, among other topics. Excerpts from the interview follow:

On what fans can expect from the upcoming tour:

"I think it will be bigger, better, really.

"I think what we are doing is going to be a little darker, demented ? sort of a Cirque du Soleil sideshow ... It's going to be more than just music."

The band currently is in rehearsal, Mars said, "working out the kinks ? some of the songs, we haven't played in 20 years."

On the fans response to the reunion tour:

"I'm happy. I'm a little bit surprised. Our fans have always been loyal, keeping track of what we were doing. But there's a new generation, younger people out there who are looking at M?TLEY CR?E."

Mars said fans will hear all the CR?E hits such as "Dr. Feelgood", "Shout at the Devil", "Smokin' in the Boys Room" and "Home Sweet Home". But they'll also hear some deep tracks from the past, such as some off the "Too Fast for Love" album, the band's first.

"I think people will walk out with 'I don't know what just hit me,'" Mars said.

Mars, 53, had hip replacement surgery in October. Mars long has suffered from ankylosing spondylitis, a degenerative rheumatoid disease.

"I'm doing great," he said. "(The tour) is gonna be a piece of cake."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #338 on: January 29, 2005, 12:00:46 AM »

According to MTV.com, M?TLEY CR?E's scheduled appearance on NBC's "Last Call With Carson Daly" was cancelled following last week's announcement by NBC/Universal president Jeff Zucker that the CR?E are banned from the network as a result of singer Vince Neil's dropping of the f-bomb on Jay Leno's live New Year's Eve show. The band's management said it had been booked on Daly's program, but a spokesperson for "Last Call" denied that the appearance was ever confirmed. CR?E are expected to announce plans for a major multi-act summer tour on March 3 in New York.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #339 on: January 29, 2005, 07:29:37 AM »

thanks  Cheesy vince has a new singel out too  ok
check it at the downloadsection http://www.motley.dk/
can't wait to hear lots of songs from too fast for love live  beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: