Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:24:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 345635 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1520 on: August 30, 2008, 05:07:08 PM »

My brother purchased Saints of Los Angeles I listened to it there was some good songs but the sound just seemed stuck in the 80's.
And that's a bad thing?.............Nothing worth while has come out sense the 80s. Roll Eyes Tongue

Im not saying it was bad just thought maybe they could go a diffrent route.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1521 on: August 31, 2008, 01:35:23 AM »

My brother purchased Saints of Los Angeles I listened to it there was some good songs but the sound just seemed stuck in the 80's.
And that's a bad thing?.............Nothing worth while has come out sense the 80s. Roll Eyes Tongue

Well it was based on the days when they were starting out back in the 80's, wasn't it?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1522 on: August 31, 2008, 02:09:32 AM »

They tried that with GS and no one liked it.  I love it personally.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1523 on: August 31, 2008, 03:23:11 AM »

Use Your Illusions I & II.  hihi

They tried that with GS and no one liked it.  I love it personally.
Its kind of depressing that just because it wasn't a commercial success that they couldn't try and do different things anyway.

However, I know next to nothing about the Crue.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1524 on: August 31, 2008, 08:50:04 AM »

Generation Swine is a shit album, and it doesnt rock at all like the Crue should.

html sucks
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #1525 on: August 31, 2008, 08:17:49 PM »

Was Generation Swine written with Corabi?

I remember when they were talking to the press about his departure, they said something like he came to them while they were recording another album and said he couldnt take the pressure.

Some of the songs off GS might have sounded interesting with him singing in my opinion.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1526 on: September 01, 2008, 03:40:08 AM »

Me too, I love TFFL and this new album is one of their greatest albums.

But I love Shout At The Devil, it's heavy, hard and Vince haven't ever sung better on any album.

And that album is Heavy Metal more than pop,-
- but Vince describe the band now as a pop/rockband so they most likely won't do that type of music again.

Which is sad, cause the band is quite talentful even if very comercial. peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1527 on: September 01, 2008, 09:06:27 AM »

I remember when they were talking to the press about his departure, they said something like he came to them while they were recording another album and said he couldnt take the pressure.

Some of the songs off GS might have sounded interesting with him singing in my opinion.

As far as I know, most of it was written with John, there are even some songwriting credits on there with his name.
I think John kinda suggested for Vince to return to the fold, with all the pressure of him in Vince's place, which is a shame because John shits all over Vince vocally.

And as for Generation Swine not rocking, the title track, A Rat Like Me, Let Us Prey and Shout '97 all sound pretty fuckin' rocking to me. beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1528 on: September 01, 2008, 11:06:35 AM »

As far as I know, most of it was written with John, there are even some songwriting credits on there with his name.
I think John kinda suggested for Vince to return to the fold, with all the pressure of him in Vince's place, which is a shame because John shits all over Vince vocally.

And as for Generation Swine not rocking, the title track, A Rat Like Me, Let Us Prey and Shout '97 all sound pretty fuckin' rocking to me. beer
I've always liked Generation Swine, I don't like it now as much as I did but I think it's still pretty solid.  Definately more a record for Corabi.  Did he ever record any tracks with them or just write?  I mean are there some demos in the archives with his vocals on?  If so they'd be good to hear.  I always thought Afraid was a really good attempt at being relevant yet keeping to their roots, since it still had that rock song with a good hook element.
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #1529 on: September 01, 2008, 04:38:09 PM »

which is a shame because John shits all over Vince vocally.

true that! beer

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1530 on: September 02, 2008, 02:41:01 PM »

In your opinion. Vince is Motley Crue weither you like it or not. If you love Corabi so much go listen to some Union albums. ok

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #1531 on: September 02, 2008, 03:34:23 PM »

In your opinion. Vince is Motley Crue weither you like it or not. If you love Corabi so much go listen to some Union albums. ok

ya and whether you like it or not John recorded an album with the band making him relevant in this thread ok

and whats with telling everyone that their opinions are wrong Tongue seriously do you go to art school?

GeraldFord
« Reply #1532 on: September 02, 2008, 05:03:32 PM »

I really liked the 1994 album...their last really good album, IMHO. I also really liked the Scream's Let it Scream and Union's two albums.
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #1533 on: September 02, 2008, 05:51:25 PM »

I really liked the 1994 album...their last really good album, IMHO. I also really liked the Scream's Let it Scream and Union's two albums.

ya I really liked everything about the band in 1994. they weren't too original but they looked badass and had a great sound.

Its a shame they weren't allowed to rename the band, I think they would have been well recieved if they had.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1534 on: September 02, 2008, 08:37:41 PM »

Let it Scream is killer.  And Union is great as well, though I haven't given their second album a really good listen, yet.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GeraldFord
« Reply #1535 on: September 08, 2008, 04:18:57 PM »

M?tley Cr?e who recently released Saints of Los Angeles, their first studio album in over a decade (which debuted as the #1 Independent CD), and headlined their inaugural Cr?e Fest tour this summer are set to re-issue their complete studio catalogue on September 30, 2008 on M?tley Records/Eleven Seven Music (RED Distribution). The catalogue includes their eight chart topping studio albums originally released between 1981 and 2000.

The complete studio catalogue contains the highly successful albums: Too Fast For Love (1981); Shout at the Devil (1983); Theatre of Pain (1985); Girls, Girls, Girls (1987); Dr. Feelgood (1989); M?tley Cr?e (1994); Generation Swine (1997) and; New Tattoo (2000). The band has sold over 80 million albums, 25 million in the U.S. alone with six singles reaching the top 20 on the U.S. Billboard Chart.

Also released on the same day will be 17 of the band?s classic music videos which will be available for download online via all digital music stores.

Umm...they re-issued all their albums in 1999 and around 2004....kinda lame.

$$$$
VIP

« Reply #1536 on: September 08, 2008, 06:25:33 PM »

they should re issue them in vinyl

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1537 on: September 09, 2008, 10:38:45 AM »

Because I happen to think that the music that the rest of the band made behind John's singing on the '94 album and on Generation Swine was pretty kickass too, so therefore it is relevant discussion. I thought Vince sang pretty well on Generation Swine too, so does that make you happy?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1538 on: September 09, 2008, 10:54:54 AM »

Because I happen to think that the music that the rest of the band made behind John's singing on the '94 album and on Generation Swine was pretty kickass too, so therefore it is relevant discussion. I thought Vince sang pretty well on Generation Swine too, so does that make you happy?

Yeah, what a silly conversation.  "If you love Corabi so much go listen to some Union albums."  I mean, ok, that's fine too...but you can't just erase what someone did.  Corabi was a part of the Crue, and make a great contribution.  Fortunately, we don't live in a world where you can own only one Crue album, so I'm able to enjoy the Corabi stuff (and, yeah, with The Scream and Union, too) and the Vince stuff.   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1539 on: October 14, 2008, 06:30:06 PM »

HINDER frontman Austin Winkler has told The Pulse of Radio that the band will team up with M?TLEY CR?E for an arena tour early next year. Winkler did not provide any more information about the trek except that it will begin in January. HINDER will be supporting its second album, "Take It to the Limit", which arrives on November 4 and has its own CR?E connection: guitarist Mick Mars plays lead on the title track. Drummer Cody Hanson told The Pulse of Radio how they got together. "He actually called us up and wanted to do some writing," he said. "And we were like, 'Yeah, of course, I mean, would you be interested in playing some guitar on the album? And he was like, 'Absolutely,' you know. So we sent him the track and he loved it, and we ended up going up to his house. And, you know, he laid down a few different passes of the solo on 'Take It to the Limit'. So it was an amazing experience, you know, getting to meet one of your idols, I guess."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: