Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:28:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 345798 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1480 on: August 25, 2008, 04:44:48 PM »

i hate the new album.

Corabis album with them IS brilliant.

But to get into Motley Crue, really i think anyone should start with vinces material.

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1481 on: August 25, 2008, 07:08:46 PM »

Go buy Red White And Crue

it gives  u a great taste of everything even the Corabi stuff.  The only really great songs missing from that collection is "On With The Show" "You're All I Need" and Time For Change.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1482 on: August 25, 2008, 08:44:56 PM »

Too Fast For Love is one of the greatest albums ever made. it's raw, dirty, honest, kick-ass rock music. it's everything that is great about rock n roll.

listen to that straight through 2 or 3 times and you will be a crue fan.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #1483 on: August 26, 2008, 12:38:18 AM »

^
soo true, i almost forgot about Too Fast.

other than too fast for love though, i find it difficult to listen to vinces voice agian after hearing Corabis awesome raspy vocals drool

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1484 on: August 26, 2008, 03:02:02 AM »

^

other than too fast for love though, i find it difficult to listen to vinces voice agian after hearing Corabis awesome raspy vocals drool
You mean when Motley tried to sound like every other band from 1994? Vince's sound is high and clean.
Crabby just screamed. ok

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1485 on: August 26, 2008, 06:05:55 AM »

Too Fast For Love is one of the greatest albums ever made. it's raw, dirty, honest, kick-ass rock music. it's everything that is great about rock n roll.

im REALLY into Motley Crue, but thats one of my least fav albums by them. The songs just dont flow too good and their lack of playing ability at the time really shows through at times on it.

html sucks
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1486 on: August 26, 2008, 03:50:05 PM »

im REALLY into Motley Crue, but thats one of my least fav albums by them. The songs just dont flow too good and their lack of playing ability at the time really shows through at times on it.

Wasn't it essentially a demo that got released as an album?

It could certainly use some polish, but there are some killer tracks, anyway.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #1487 on: August 26, 2008, 04:03:14 PM »

^

You mean when Motley tried to sound like every other band from 1994? Vince's sound is high and clean.
Crabby just screamed. ok

are you kidding Corabi is 100X the singer Vince will ever be. Driftaway, Loveshine, Misunderstood, he sung all those high and clean without sounding like a whiny little kid on helium. not to mention vince sounds even worse live.

Motleys other records to me just have a cheesy 80s vibe to them, i still like them, i just prefer their 94 stuff. the riffs were heavy and different and they seemed more like a band. vince always just seemed like he was along for the ride and didnt contribute anything.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1488 on: August 27, 2008, 07:22:26 AM »

^

Crabby just screamed. ok

are you kidding Corabi is 100X the singer Vince will ever be. Driftaway, Loveshine, Misunderstood, he sung all those high and clean without sounding like a whiny little kid on helium. not to mention vince sounds even worse live.

Motleys other records to me just have a cheesy 80s vibe to them, i still like them, i just prefer their 94 stuff. the riffs were heavy and different and they seemed more like a band. vince always just seemed like he was along for the ride and didnt contribute anything.
woah woah, Crue are one of the 80s bands that pretty much didnt have a dose of cheesy 80s sound to their music!!!

html sucks
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1489 on: August 27, 2008, 08:24:08 AM »

the band themselves admit that TOP and GGG are shit. i love vince neil's comment in the dirt where he says something like he was the only one sober enough in 1986 to realize that the new songs they were playing sucked.

and nikki sixx says that if it wasn't for two songs - GGG and wild side - their careers would have been over after GGG cause the rest of that album was so bad.

and TOP was saved by a ballad and a cover tune which they almost didn't put on the album.

as for TFFL, we'll just have to disagree. Live Wire, Too Fast For Love, Merry Go Round, On With the Show, Public Enemy #1....all classics. it was NOT just a demo. it was a album released independently, but the version we have all heard is the re-release which was professionally mixed and mastered.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1490 on: August 27, 2008, 09:14:55 AM »

i dont care what Crue thinks of their albums.

The Crue thinks whatever is gonna keep them in trend and bringing in the money at the time.

Originally Mick Mars loved having Corabi on rythym guitar so he could play more. Yet his myspace states it infuritated him.

They always try to change history to keep them cool.

I dont care what anyone thinks GGG is a FUCKING GREAT album. Its pure sleaze and is The Crues sleaziest album, it makes you feel like you are in LA in some dirty street with whore houses and strip joints. Alot of Crue fans enjoy that album too. All In the name of, Five Years Dead, Dancing on Glass. Fucking great stuff.

I also will say Corabis album is great, kinda sounds like AIC at times, only alot better. But to get into Crue anyone should start with Vince.

html sucks
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1491 on: August 27, 2008, 11:05:05 AM »

Originally Mick Mars loved having Corabi on rythym guitar so he could play more. Yet his myspace states it infuritated him.

Yeah, I found that interesting. I remember reading a Guitar mag interview with the two of them around that time where he was really happy John was playing rhythm so he could do more musically.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
GeraldFord
« Reply #1492 on: August 27, 2008, 11:29:21 AM »

the band themselves admit that TOP and GGG are shit. i love vince neil's comment in the dirt where he says something like he was the only one sober enough in 1986 to realize that the new songs they were playing sucked.

and nikki sixx says that if it wasn't for two songs - GGG and wild side - their careers would have been over after GGG cause the rest of that album was so bad.

and TOP was saved by a ballad and a cover tune which they almost didn't put on the album.

as for TFFL, we'll just have to disagree. Live Wire, Too Fast For Love, Merry Go Round, On With the Show, Public Enemy #1....all classics. it was NOT just a demo. it was a album released independently, but the version we have all heard is the re-release which was professionally mixed and mastered.

I also read that he thought GS was a bad album too...

I really like TOP and GGG. Sure, they sound sloppy, but there are some great songs on there. Even if SOLA sounds better, the killer songs with the strong hooks just aren't there.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1493 on: August 27, 2008, 11:29:48 AM »

Yeah, I found that interesting. I remember reading a Guitar mag interview with the two of them around that time where he was really happy John was playing rhythm so he could do more musically.
my point made.

While Crue have some great music, anything they say is a marketing strategy these days.

html sucks
GeraldFord
« Reply #1494 on: August 27, 2008, 11:31:54 AM »

"It's our best album ever"--1981, 1983, 1985, 1987, 1989, 1994, 2000, 2008!
GeraldFord
« Reply #1495 on: August 27, 2008, 11:33:43 AM »

They should have kept him in the band as a second player.

Would love to hear the Personality #9 demos someday.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1496 on: August 27, 2008, 12:40:15 PM »

Isn't that what mostly ended up as Generation Swine, but just with Vince's vocals put in place of John's?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
GeraldFord
« Reply #1497 on: August 27, 2008, 01:55:31 PM »

Isn't that what mostly ended up as Generation Swine, but just with Vince's vocals put in place of John's?

Yeah, but I bet it sounds way better.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1498 on: August 27, 2008, 02:46:11 PM »

"It's our best album ever"--1981, 1983, 1985, 1987, 1989, 1994, 2000, 2008!
you missed out 1997 Wink

html sucks
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1499 on: August 27, 2008, 02:52:37 PM »

woah woah, Crue are one of the 80s bands that pretty much didnt have a dose of cheesy 80s sound to their music!!!

Please, they're the epitome of

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: