Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:39:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 346008 times)
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #1440 on: July 06, 2008, 07:46:02 PM »

How was Sixx am and Trapt?
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #1441 on: July 06, 2008, 10:20:14 PM »

How was Sixx am and Trapt?

Sorry, I got there too late. Though I heard from more than one person that they both put on a really good show.
Some people said that Trapt were good, but that they would be great someday soon.
Sixx am is hard to judge because so many people at Cruefest were obviously looking at Nikki moreso than at the band as a whole. I did hear from a lot of people who really liked them though.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1442 on: July 10, 2008, 08:12:04 AM »

does anyone know what the set times are?

i'm going to the show on saturday in camden, nj. i'm not a huge PR fan, but i'd like to get in and check them out.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #1443 on: July 11, 2008, 10:25:04 PM »

Sandman, Trapt started right around 5pm, and set changes are pretty quick.  I believe we were in our seats around 5:30 and Trapt was finishing their set.  Crue finished around 11:00.  I just know I caught a midnight train back to the city.  That's all I can remember about times. Hope that helps a little.

Trapt-sounded pretty good, but just caught end of act.

Sixx A.M.- was fucking amazing!!!!  I highly recommend you get there to see them.  They were so good, that after their set I went straight to merch and bought a Sixx A.M. tee  hihi Nikki Sixx is a fucking ROCK GOD!!!!!

Papa Roach-was insane!!!!  The lead singer is so high energy and rocks so hard!  He kept saying "did you folks come here to sit on your asses?" He really gets the crowd going. The Jones beach stage is right on the ocean and the lead singer jumped from the stage into the ocean after their last song!!!!  I fucking love that! peace Hell Yeah!

Buckcherry-so underrated!!! I absolutely loved them.  I can't believe I'm saying this...but I thought they were better then the Crue!  When Josh Todd sang "Crazy Bitch," it drove me fucking wild!!!  I LOVE that song!!!!!

The Crue-Their 12 song set (give or take) was everything I expected and more!  There was a shitload of pyro, motorcycles, light show, titty cam...you know the drill. They were so fucking loud...but I would expect nothing less.  They sounded great.  The only thing is, Vince Neil is kind of a fatass!  Rockstars just shouldn't be fat, EVER!  He's my least favorite.  Mick Mars is like death on sticks.  He rocks though.  Nikki and Tommy were awesome! I loved hearing them play "Shout at the Devil" and "Saints of L.A."

Get there early and experience the whole parking lot/pre-party!  One of the best part of a festival like this is partying with the peeps!  Crue Fest '08 definitely rocked!!!!! peace

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=ohgkwp5.41lbuo6h&Uy=-5i6jzz&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=9516879104_862898635209&localeid=en_US
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 10:28:06 PM by sexkitten » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1444 on: July 12, 2008, 08:29:32 AM »

sexkitten - thanks for the review. good stuff.

those pictures are awesome!

i'm really fired up now. heading down there around noon. i can't wait.

sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #1445 on: July 12, 2008, 09:32:36 AM »

sexkitten - thanks for the review. good stuff.

those pictures are awesome!

i'm really fired up now. heading down there around noon. i can't wait.

Sandman, Your going to have a kick-ass time!  I'm so glad you're going early, it's a perfect day today too!  Don't forget to give us your review...I want to re-live it again!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1446 on: July 12, 2008, 09:59:48 AM »

papa roach dont make the best of music but i will agree with you, they are a good live act because Jacoby is a bloody good frontman!

html sucks
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #1447 on: July 13, 2008, 01:15:32 AM »

He rockes live so fucking hard.  I've been thinking about sandman and crue fest all day...I can't wait to hear what he thougt!  I bet he had the best time ever!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1448 on: July 13, 2008, 02:19:35 AM »

papa roach dont make the best of music but i will agree with you, they are a good live act because Jacoby is a bloody good frontman!

I agree, they totally bring it live.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1449 on: July 13, 2008, 01:11:50 PM »

the show was awesome!! we had such a great time hangin in the parking lot. met alot of really cool people.

i made it in halfway through papa roach's set. they were really good. hard-rockin songs and lots of energy.

buckcherry was very good. although i'm probably not as impressed with them as most people are. band sounded great, as did JT. but there is something about him i don't like. not sure if it's his awkwardness or his attitude, or the repeated sexual references. 

the crue were as good as ever. they sounded great. they had alot of energy and really seemed to be enjoying themselves. vince was on - he skipped some lyrics (like he always has in recent years), but not many and it never seemed bad. the set list was about the same. they played sick love song.

i'm hoping they come back around by themselves and play a 2+ hour show. i understand the format, but it's still disappointing not hearing some of the old rockers.

the pit was MOBBED which kinda sucked. i've never seen it that crowded, so people must have been sneaking in or something.

but overall, it was a great show, and just an awesome day!

sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #1450 on: July 13, 2008, 01:34:40 PM »

Excellent Sandman.  Glad you had a rockin' time.  Thanks for your review.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1451 on: July 15, 2008, 10:47:43 PM »

how long is the crue's set?
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #1452 on: July 16, 2008, 07:46:10 PM »

about 90 minutes

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1453 on: July 17, 2008, 08:12:23 AM »

about 90 minutes

kinda weak isn't it
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #1454 on: July 17, 2008, 09:25:23 PM »

CheapJon, No Hatin'....Crue Fest rocks!  You know you would love to see them!!!!!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1455 on: July 17, 2008, 10:13:10 PM »

CheapJon, No Hatin'....Crue Fest rocks!  You know you would love to see them!!!!!

i'm not diggin' crue a whole lot, but i'd sure wanna visit cruefest.. i just thought that they could/should play a longer set
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #1456 on: July 18, 2008, 07:13:16 PM »

^^ Yes, the Crue could/should play a longer set, but altogether it was about 6+ hours of entertainment. And the Crue was non-stop with their songs, one right after another.
They are supposedly doing an arena tour later in the year where they can take their time and play longer.
But I really haven't heard anyone who didn't have a good time at the fest.

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1457 on: July 19, 2008, 01:32:10 AM »

I gotta give Motley a big thumbs down for releasing the worst sounding album of 2008! puke

What the fuck were they thinking bringing in outside writers?

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1458 on: July 19, 2008, 05:37:48 AM »

What the fuck were they thinking bringing in outside writers?

especially when its supposed to be there long awaited new album with the original line up...it makes no sense. i wanted to hear stuff from them, not Motley Crue does Sixxam with naff lyrics.

html sucks
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #1459 on: July 19, 2008, 06:59:08 PM »

The Crue could play as long as they wanted. I don't care if it's a festival or not. Look at Axl, in 2006 he had what? 3 or 4 opening acts?  He sill came out and played for 2 - 2 1/2 hours. Now don't get me wrong, I am going to Cruefest, and even if it's only a 90 minute set, I'll still have a blast. I just think it's a cop out to only play 90 minutes.

Axl is God.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: