Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:19:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 346047 times)
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1420 on: June 26, 2008, 02:22:01 PM »

disagree.

self titled is an awesome album.

how so? out of curiosity....I thought the vocals blew, there were no hooks and the songs were WAY too long and went nowhere....i think it is their worst album....even worse than "Theatre of Pain" or "Swine".....what did you think was good about it....im not trying to grill you its just I have never heard anyone say that the self titled was a good album....

The self titled album isn't just good, it's their best album in my opinion. It's heavy as fuck and and musically the most inspired Motley have sounded. As for no hooks, how can you go past Smoke the Sky, Welcome to the Numb, Poison Apples? They all rock.

better than Dr. Feelgood and Shout at the Devil?  I guess I am not a huge fan of it because its not really a Motley Crue record.....of all the records they ever made that one sticks out like a sore thumb because it doesnt even sound like the same band....I even thought Generation Swine sounded like  Motley Crue record...an experimental one that is....i guess I just dont like the vocals...I actually have never heard John Corabi sing any of the classic Crue songs live in concert...any of you guys know a good place to find some of those?

Yeah, I think if you listen to it for what it is (a great heavy rock album) and not as a typical Motley album, you'll appreciate it more. I'm not a big fan of Motley's other stuff aside from a few tracks here and there.
In fact, the self-titled and Generation Swine are my favs because they sound not much like the cheesey hair metal that they're famous for. Motley pushed the envelope on those two albums musically and I really like what they came out with.

Anyway, how does the new album compare? Is it like Motley of old or is it similar to the 94 album and Swine?

its a cross between both...songs like MF of the year, just another psycho are similar to 94/swine....and theres a couple tracks like "down at the whiskey" that sounds like Motley of old...

overall id suggest checking it out...
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1421 on: July 02, 2008, 11:56:53 AM »

M?TLEY CR?E kicked off its 40-plus-city North American amphitheater tour last night (Tuesday, July 1) at the Cruzan Amphitheater in West Palm Beach, Florida. Dubbed Cr?e Fest '08, the Live Nation-produced trek also features rock acts BUCKCHERRY, PAPA ROACH, TRAPT and CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx's side band SIXX: A.M.

M?TLEY CR?E's setlist for the West Palm Beach show was as follows:

01. Kickstart My Heart
02. Wild Side
03. Shout at the Devil
04. Saints of Los Angeles *
05. Live Wire
06. Mutherfucker of the Year
07. Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)
08. Same Ol' Situation
09. Primal Scream
10. Looks that Kill
11. Girls Girls Girls
12. Dr. Feelgood
---------------
13. Home Sweet Home (Tommy Lee on piano at front of stage)

* With guest appearances by BUCKCHERRY's Josh Todd, PAPA ROACH's Jacoby Shaddix, TRAPT's Chris Taylor Brown and SIXX: A.M.'s James Michael

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1422 on: July 02, 2008, 12:38:13 PM »

i'd love to see them play more of the obscure stuff from shout at the devil or the first album.  that setlist looks almost identical to the show I saw 3 years ago.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #1423 on: July 02, 2008, 03:04:30 PM »

Oh hell, I hope Motley doesn't fuck themselves with this set-up (festival) and set-list...Carnival of sins was great and they played everything. Now 13 songs!!!! Seems way too short for me and drop SOS for Too Fast For Love at least!!!!!

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1424 on: July 02, 2008, 04:33:20 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E: 'Saints Of Los Angeles' First-Week Sales Revealed - July 2, 2008 

M?TLEY CR?E's new album, "Saints of Los Angeles", sold 99,000 copies in the United States during its first week of release to debut at No. 4 on The Billboard 200 chart.

According to Billboard, the 99,000 bow of "Saints" represents the biggest sales week for M?TLEY CR?E since Christmas week of 1991, when its hits package "Decade of Decadence" sold 121,000.

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #1425 on: July 02, 2008, 05:12:19 PM »

I can't say that I'm much of a fan of  Saints Of Los Angeles...The title track is ok though.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #1426 on: July 03, 2008, 04:55:44 AM »

M?TLEY CR?E kicked off its 40-plus-city North American amphitheater tour last night (Tuesday, July 1) at the Cruzan Amphitheater in West Palm Beach, Florida. Dubbed Cr?e Fest '08, the Live Nation-produced trek also features rock acts BUCKCHERRY, PAPA ROACH, TRAPT and CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx's side band SIXX: A.M.

01. Kickstart My Heart
02. Wild Side
03. Shout at the Devil
05. Live Wire
08. Same Ol' Situation
09. Primal Scream
10. Looks that Kill
11. Girls Girls Girls
12. Dr. Feelgood
---------------

* With guest appearances by BUCKCHERRY's Josh Todd, PAPA ROACH's Jacoby Shaddix, TRAPT's Chris Taylor Brown and SIXX: A.M.'s James Michael

Oh god, they better play more stuff!  I've been looking forward to this concert for 3 months!!!!!!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1427 on: July 03, 2008, 05:06:34 AM »

They have lots of confidence in their new material.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1428 on: July 03, 2008, 09:15:03 AM »

That sucks-I would rather hear the newer stuff-2 new songs??? Other than that just stuff from the 80's-I know they are trying to appeal to a general or casual Motley Crue fan, probably for catalog sales, but they have put out such really good music that they never play live-I'll skip it

libertad
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1429 on: July 03, 2008, 09:38:25 AM »

im so glad they are sticking to more old stuff than new. id be so bored while they played new stuff live. I want the  classics.

html sucks
zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #1430 on: July 03, 2008, 07:23:07 PM »

01. Kickstart My Heart
02. Wild Side
03. Shout at the Devil
05. Live Wire
08. Same Ol' Situation
09. Primal Scream
10. Looks that Kill
11. Girls Girls Girls
12. Dr. Feelgood
---------------

they need to play those two new songs as well as Down At The Whisky and Just Another Psycho.   drop SOS and even though i love this song Dont Go Away Mad.  but really, drop SOS.   then bring back Bastard, Knock em Dead Kid and Piece Of Your Action.  there, set list fixed. ok
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1431 on: July 04, 2008, 08:54:40 AM »

Great album, not their best and not their worst. I like SATD-crue best, which is heavy metal?

And Vince view the band as rock/pop, damn! hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1432 on: July 04, 2008, 09:49:22 AM »

Great album, not their best and not their worst. I like SATD-crue best, which is heavy metal?

And Vince view the band as rock/pop, damn! hihi

I think the band borders on metal/hard rock.  Some of their stuff (esp. on Dr. Feelgood) has a clear blues influence ("Slice of Your Pie"; "Rattlesnake Shake") while others are more metal ("Dr. Feelgood").  Like many "hair metal" bands (hate the term, but it's the easiest way to express it), they walk that line to the extent that they're difficult to strictly classify.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #1433 on: July 04, 2008, 09:54:42 AM »

At least their playing my favorite Crue song, "Shout at the Devil!"  Anyone else going to tues. show at jones beach?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1434 on: July 04, 2008, 11:36:22 AM »

The new album is not good at all. I hate it when my favorite bands have to rely on outside writers. 

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1435 on: July 04, 2008, 01:19:03 PM »

The new album is not good at all. I hate it when my favorite bands have to rely on outside writers. 
finally someone who agrees with me.

That DJ Ashba sound is definitely present on the album.

html sucks
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1436 on: July 04, 2008, 01:45:54 PM »

sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #1437 on: July 04, 2008, 03:20:33 PM »

NICE SLCPunk!!!!!!  Did you go to the show?  What did you think?  Thanks for posting.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1438 on: July 05, 2008, 03:38:44 AM »

I did, you can read my review here
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #1439 on: July 06, 2008, 04:55:31 PM »

Saw the show last night in Charlotte. Very loud, crowded and good. The guys put on a great show, as did Papa Roach and Buckcherry.

Vince actually sounded better than the CoS tour. Hitting high notes and sounding like the Crue of old.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: