Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:33:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 346107 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1400 on: June 24, 2008, 01:48:29 AM »

I like it...lsitened to it a few times....its a real good album...and definitely a "grower" sounds like Motley Crue should in 2008...It sounds modern yet at the same time Classic motley..

I think its the cd that shouldve followed Dr. Feelgood..and a nice return to form for motley crue..

No way!  The s/t album is great! 

i agree, the self titled is tons better than that pile of shit they have just released.

the self titled album might be the biggest heap of shit released in the 1990's....and this is coming from one of Motleys biggest fans.....death do us part/smoke the sky were good tracks...the rest is GARBAGE.....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1401 on: June 24, 2008, 06:40:34 AM »

disagree.

self titled is an awesome album.

html sucks
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #1402 on: June 24, 2008, 07:43:17 AM »

So which HTGTH'er asked that question?!

(And what were the details of Vince's answer?)

It was something like (and I'm definitely paraphrasing here), "Ah, man....that was like....20 years ago, you know?  It's like somebody wanting to fight you in high school.  I haven't even seen Axl in like 20 years.  It's just...."

And then the next question came in.
zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #1403 on: June 24, 2008, 04:32:19 PM »

disagree.

agree, self titled album is great.  one of Motley's strongest albums, musically and lyrically....and Tommy's drumming on any Motley record was the best and strongest on that album ok
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1404 on: June 24, 2008, 07:49:14 PM »

Just got through listening to the new album.  After the first listen it just seems like generic rock by the numbers, aside from the single, which I'm bored of now anyway to be honest, there is nothing at all worth recommending.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1405 on: June 24, 2008, 09:13:17 PM »

disagree.

how so? out of curiosity....I thought the vocals blew, there were no hooks and the songs were WAY too long and went nowhere....i think it is their worst album....even worse than "Theatre of Pain" or "Swine".....what did you think was good about it....im not trying to grill you its just I have never heard anyone say that the self titled was a good album....
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1406 on: June 24, 2008, 09:41:47 PM »

disagree.

how so? out of curiosity....I thought the vocals blew, there were no hooks and the songs were WAY too long and went nowhere....i think it is their worst album....even worse than "Theatre of Pain" or "Swine".....what did you think was good about it....im not trying to grill you its just I have never heard anyone say that the self titled was a good album....

The self titled album isn't just good, it's their best album in my opinion. It's heavy as fuck and and musically the most inspired Motley have sounded. As for no hooks, how can you go past Smoke the Sky, Welcome to the Numb, Poison Apples? They all rock.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1407 on: June 24, 2008, 09:47:26 PM »

I think Misunderstood is an awesome Motley song from that record.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1408 on: June 24, 2008, 11:16:04 PM »

disagree.

It isn't a good album.

It's a fan-fuckin-tastic album!

I guess if you don't like the vocals you don't like the vocals.  I think Corabi is an all around better vocalist than Vince, even though he obviously isn't associated with that classic Crue sound. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1409 on: June 24, 2008, 11:45:24 PM »

Vince seems to be kind of mailing in the vocals so far on SOLA. not a lot of emotion.................

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1410 on: June 25, 2008, 04:06:33 AM »

disagree.

The self titled album isn't just good, it's their best album in my opinion. It's heavy as fuck and and musically the most inspired Motley have sounded. As for no hooks, how can you go past Smoke the Sky, Welcome to the Numb, Poison Apples? They all rock.

better than Dr. Feelgood and Shout at the Devil?  I guess I am not a huge fan of it because its not really a Motley Crue record.....of all the records they ever made that one sticks out like a sore thumb because it doesnt even sound like the same band....I even thought Generation Swine sounded like  Motley Crue record...an experimental one that is....i guess I just dont like the vocals...I actually have never heard John Corabi sing any of the classic Crue songs live in concert...any of you guys know a good place to find some of those?
zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #1411 on: June 25, 2008, 09:34:05 AM »

disagree.

better than Dr. Feelgood and Shout at the Devil?  I guess I am not a huge fan of it because its not really a Motley Crue record.....of all the records they ever made that one sticks out like a sore thumb because it doesnt even sound like the same band....I even thought Generation Swine sounded like  Motley Crue record...an experimental one that is....i guess I just dont like the vocals...I actually have never heard John Corabi sing any of the classic Crue songs live in concert...any of you guys know a good place to find some of those?

here is some live songs from the Hiroshima 1994 show.  i think its
the best sounding bootleg from the Corabi years,

Shout At The Devil
Wildside
Uncle Jack
Misunderstood
Home Sweet Home
Revolution (Beatles Cover)
Dont Go Away Mad
Hooligans Holiday
Primal Scream

http://rapidshare.com/files/124932435/hiroshima_94.zip.html
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1412 on: June 25, 2008, 11:43:26 AM »

Anyone take a look at the bonus SOLA DVD yet?

I haven't...just wonderin' what's on it.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #1413 on: June 25, 2008, 11:57:05 AM »

Anyone take a look at the bonus SOLA DVD yet?

I haven't...just wonderin' what's on it.

all that is on it is the  press conference announcing the tour...plus Kickstart My Heart and SOLA live at the same press conference.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1414 on: June 25, 2008, 03:15:33 PM »

OK...after a few listens at moderately high volumes, this album is really growing on me, and I certainly don't regret the $9.99 (plus tax!) I paid for it.

If you're gonna buy it, now's the time.  They'll just jack it back up to $14 next week...fuckin' Best Buy.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1415 on: June 25, 2008, 03:29:50 PM »

OH...and kudos to whomever came up with the lyric "this ain't a love song; it's just a fuck song."  ok

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1416 on: June 25, 2008, 06:11:49 PM »

From HitsDailyDouble:

COLDPLAY STILL #1, BUT HERE COMES THE CRUE

Three Six Mafia, Shinedown Also on Tap for Chart Debuts

June 25, 2008

The top of next week?s chart will look a lot like this week, based on one-day sales reports from our intrepid gang of retail geeks around this great, sun-baked country of ours.

This week?s #1 album, Coldplay?s Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends will spend yet another week at the top of the HITS sales chart, followed by Cash Money/Universal Republic rap icon Lil Wayne?s blockbuster Tha Carter III and Disney?s still smoldering Camp Rock soundtrack, featuring the Jonas Brothers.

The biggest debut of the week will be Sunset Strip metalmongers Motley Crue?s new, independently released Saints of Los Angeles, on their own Motley Crue Records, distributed by RED, which is (pardon the pun) blowing past expectations at around 90k and headed for a #4 bow. It?s the first studio album from the original four members in more than a decade, since ?97?s Generation Swine, which also bowed at #4, and is based on their best-selling autobiography, The Dirt.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1417 on: June 25, 2008, 08:40:26 PM »

disagree.

Yeah, I think if you listen to it for what it is (a great heavy rock album) and not as a typical Motley album, you'll appreciate it more. I'm not a big fan of Motley's other stuff aside from a few tracks here and there.
In fact, the self-titled and Generation Swine are my favs because they sound not much like the cheesey hair metal that they're famous for. Motley pushed the envelope on those two albums musically and I really like what they came out with.

Anyway, how does the new album compare? Is it like Motley of old or is it similar to the 94 album and Swine?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1418 on: June 26, 2008, 06:35:49 AM »

its like neither really.

one track sounds a bit girls girls girls-ish.

but the rest of it, just sounds like your typical modern music, just with dirtier guitar tones.

its quite crap really.

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1419 on: June 26, 2008, 10:13:22 AM »

The Pulse of Radio reports that M?TLEY CR?E's upcoming Cr?e Fest tour will host a Rock Band championship at every stop, according to IGN.com. Each show will feature a "Rock Band Second Stage Experience" that will let fans try out the Rock Band game as a bassist, guitarist, drummer or vocalist. The top scoring players will win a chance to play Rock Band onstage as opening acts for the headliners, a meet-and-greet with artists on the tour, backstage passes to the Rock Band VIP area, and a chance to play Rock Band backstage against Cr?e Fest artists. All contestants must be 13 years or older.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: