Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:18:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 346037 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1380 on: June 17, 2008, 01:35:12 PM »

It's ok.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1381 on: June 17, 2008, 02:12:12 PM »

Don't know if anyone carse or knows, but the edited version of the album has leaked in perfect quality.

Check it out. I listened to it once, and deleted it.

im listening to that now.

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1382 on: June 17, 2008, 08:18:45 PM »

damn,I dont know if i can hold out till next tuesday!!!!!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1383 on: June 17, 2008, 09:45:43 PM »

damn,I dont know if i can hold out till next tuesday!!!!!!!!!

Get it you little bitch.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1384 on: June 17, 2008, 10:14:29 PM »

hahaha

it just ruins the album sometimes doing it that way

i like having the booklet and goin song by song that way.

stupid ritual.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1385 on: June 18, 2008, 12:42:01 AM »

I don't wanna listen to a watermarked and edited version Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1386 on: June 18, 2008, 06:40:23 AM »

its a seriously crappy album.

at times it even sounds like im listening to My Chemical Romance. Which is just plain bad.

Ill stick with CRASHDIET and Peep Show they at least make some proper glam metal that sounds modern but isnt weak, and is more street since they aint sell outs like sixx.

html sucks
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1387 on: June 18, 2008, 07:51:45 AM »

I like it...lsitened to it a few times....its a real good album...and definitely a "grower" sounds like Motley Crue should in 2008...It sounds modern yet at the same time Classic motley..

I think its the cd that shouldve followed Dr. Feelgood..and a nice return to form for motley crue..
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1388 on: June 18, 2008, 12:43:11 PM »

I like it...lsitened to it a few times....its a real good album...and definitely a "grower" sounds like Motley Crue should in 2008...It sounds modern yet at the same time Classic motley..

I think its the cd that shouldve followed Dr. Feelgood..and a nice return to form for motley crue..

No way!  The s/t album is great! 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1389 on: June 18, 2008, 01:50:14 PM »

i agree, the self titled is tons better than that pile of shit they have just released.

html sucks
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1390 on: June 18, 2008, 01:53:21 PM »

Well I've heard every song on the album all the way through.

I must say, it's not that good. It's back towards classic Motley sound, but it seems like they tried too hard for that. I just wanted a rock record, and that's what I got, but it seems like they did try too hard to make it "modern rock".

So it's a blend of THeatre of Pain/Too Fast for love, somewhere around there.

The song "The Animal in Me" is really really good though, the best song on the cd. The single, as we all know is good too.

White Trash Circus is a good song also, even though I hate stupid song names. "Goin' Out Swingin'" is a classic Motley Track all the way, sounds like it came from Should At the Devil or Too Fast for Love

Overall, after just 1 listen through... it's the right direction but doesn't hit a home run, hits a double.

6/10 maybe a 6.5. It does kinda grow though a bit.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1391 on: June 18, 2008, 02:02:44 PM »

DOes the streaming player no longer work for anyone else? 

I want to hear it in full, because my first try was interrupted, but I can't get it to play for shit!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1392 on: June 18, 2008, 02:25:22 PM »

I mean if they never kicked vince out....this reminds of of the S/t with Vince singing...

the albums definitely a grower....songs i wasnt crazy about with first listen I found myself liking after 2 or 3
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1393 on: June 22, 2008, 08:27:34 AM »

M?TLEY CR?E will play its first show in a year later today (Sunday, June 22) when it headlines the second day of the Heavy MTL festival in Montr?al, Canada. Bassist Nikki Sixx has checked in with the following update:

"Sitting here in my hotel room in Montr?al, Canada [on Saturday, June 21]. Just got in from Los Angeles. I was thinking how M?TLEY hasn't played a show together in awhile. Yes, we've played our press conference, recorded the new album, and, of course, just got done rehearsing for this upcoming tour, but there is there is always those first-gig mishaps, and I guess it's always a bit nerve-racking until you get one under your belt. So tomorrow seems like a million years from now; just get me on stage already?

"Hey, I don't know if any of you saw us [Friday] night on [CNN's longest-running interview program] 'Larry King Live' or not, but it was a blast? His show was one of those things on my list of things to do? so check off another goal ??Behind the scenes, he is a really funny, nice guy? Sometimes you meet people who exceed your expectations?. Thanks, Larry?

"Tuesday, our album comes out and we're gonna be on [CBS'] 'The Late Show with David Letterman'? If I was you, I wouldn't miss this one? enough said."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #1394 on: June 22, 2008, 09:16:33 PM »

Anyone else see them on CNN this weekend?  So bizarre to see them chatting with Larry King...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1395 on: June 23, 2008, 04:10:16 AM »

Anyone else see them on CNN this weekend?  So bizarre to see them chatting with Larry King...

Mick Mars looks so fucking bad  Sad
zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #1396 on: June 23, 2008, 05:37:16 AM »

Mick Mars looks so fucking bad  Sad

true...and i bet that disease he has is painful as hell.  but the guy can still play some fuckin guitar....one of the most underrated guitarists ever IMO
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #1397 on: June 23, 2008, 10:23:19 AM »

Yes, Mick made Larry look great by comparison.   It was a bit sad to see him so withdrawn throughout the whole thing, but I enjoyed when he had Larry backstage and had him (attempt to) play his guitar.

I also like the question sent in for Vince, "Do you still want to fight Axl Rose."  It was a dumb question to ask, and Vince answered well, but he definitely seemed thrown by the fact that it came up. 
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1398 on: June 23, 2008, 11:54:17 PM »

So which HTGTH'er asked that question?!

(And what were the details of Vince's answer?)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1399 on: June 24, 2008, 01:36:04 AM »

There were a lot of "groans", on behalf of the band.  I think Vince's response was something like - it's like having had your hair pulled by some little kid in 5th grade - it doesn't matter anymore.  People grow up & change.   (It's an old story and it doesn't matter anymore).

I watched the interview.  It was good, although strange seeing Larry King meets MC (and even stranger watching him try to play drums & guitar). 

Seeing that & a portion of their recent live show on TV...I do want to see them.   Had a certain thought, for a long time, that I was tired of them and they were getting kind of "lame", but now I'm excited - as excited as I was back in the 80's.   Course - always loved Tommy.   
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: