Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:44:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 344905 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1060 on: September 19, 2007, 11:24:16 AM »

and in this thread about motley crue-  who here has not read "The Dirt" ? 

I love The Dirt...especially the part about his van starting to stink.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #1061 on: September 19, 2007, 01:17:51 PM »

imo- no one can replace tommy lee,  sure hes a total douche bag- poser- woman beating-friends with a backstreetboy- dummy..  but he is a wicked good drummer, plus- he's a great showman-  he did that crazy rolling cage solo back in the day- when i saw them a couple years ago he flew up about 40feet - and flew back and forth between 2 sets of drums for his solo.   and this is what?? his 5th time quitting the band..  we all know he will come back--

and in this thread about motley crue-  who here has not read "The Dirt" ? 

I received my copy the other day after about a month's wait and i'm on about page 20 at the moment and so far it's been really entertaining peace
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #1062 on: September 19, 2007, 01:40:41 PM »

I love The Dirt...especially the part about his van starting to stink.

Thanks buddy.

But I've got to tell you that my van didn't really stink. I made that part up.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1063 on: September 26, 2007, 12:01:33 PM »

Is Tommy in or is he out?

When Howard Stern asks Nikki what's up with   M?tley Cr?e during a radio interview, he says Tommy has quit the band because of the lawsuit against his personal manager. He says one would think that Tommy would support the band but that's not the case. Nikki says that Tommy isn't the singer or songwriter so they should be fine without him, and he holds no grudges against him.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~cruekiss/07.htm

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1064 on: September 28, 2007, 01:11:43 AM »

they are nothing without Tommy.   He's the most talented guy in that band.    Love him or hate him, he's a great fucking drummer and he brings a charisma to that stage that none of those other guys have.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1065 on: September 28, 2007, 02:09:54 AM »

they are nothing without Tommy.   He's the most talented guy in that band.    Love him or hate him, he's a great fucking drummer and he brings a charisma to that stage that none of those other guys have.
Nikki and Mick are Motley, Tommy's just a fucking drummer and drummers can be replaced.  Get your facts straight Pinhead!!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1066 on: September 28, 2007, 02:52:35 AM »

they are nothing without Tommy.? ?He's the most talented guy in that band.? ? Love him or hate him, he's a great fucking drummer and he brings a charisma to that stage that none of those other guys have.

I wouldn't say they're nothing without him. I love New Tattoo which he wasn't on. As Nikki said, he isn't the song writter- Nikki is. And an underrated one at that- Nikki is probably the most vital to the Motly sound.
But I deffinatly agree with you- he is a great drummer, and he has a shit load of carisma. Brings a lot of energy to the shows. Which is why it's a waste that he is getting distracted by this DJing shit.
But to say that the other guys don't have carisma isn't right in my oppinion. Sure Mick just stands there now, but with his condition that's understandable. Vince has a lot of carisma, even if he does struggle with the lyrics live, in the way he talks and looks on stage- a totall rocker. And Nikki is great on stage, a lot of energy.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #1067 on: September 28, 2007, 06:47:19 AM »

they are nothing without Tommy. He's the most talented guy in that band. Love him or hate him, he's a great fucking drummer and he brings a charisma to that stage that none of those other guys have.
Nikki and Mick are Motley, Tommy's just a fucking drummer and drummers can be replaced. Get your facts straight Pinhead!!

you can be easily replaced too, at whatever you do.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #1068 on: September 28, 2007, 06:07:56 PM »

I wouldn't say they're nothing without him. I love New Tattoo which he wasn't on. As Nikki said, he isn't the song writter- Nikki is. And an underrated one at that- Nikki is probably the most vital to the Motly sound.
But I deffinatly agree with you- he is a great drummer, and he has a shit load of carisma. Brings a lot of energy to the shows. Which is why it's a waste that he is getting distracted by this DJing shit.
But to say that the other guys don't have carisma isn't right in my oppinion. Sure Mick just stands there now, but with his condition that's understandable. Vince has a lot of carisma, even if he does struggle with the lyrics live, in the way he talks and looks on stage- a totall rocker. And Nikki is great on stage, a lot of energy.

when is the last time Nikki Sixx wrote a hit song?  1991?

Sure the other guys in the band are good, but Tommy is the most talented and without him, I'd have no desire to go see them.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1069 on: September 28, 2007, 07:16:11 PM »

when is the last time Nikki Sixx wrote a hit song?? 1991?
They're too old for making music for the 13 YO's I think. Bon Jovi does it still tho...kinda. Whats important that they keep playing and make an album.
As long as Nikki and Vince is there I'm fine. peace

Nazareth and many still goes on world-touring as old men without the original line up, and it's great. I have no issues with Motley doing that.

I have made peace with the fact that they will never be "big" again (yet they are) and will sell less and play for smaller crowds as time goes.
Rock on to you croak, at least Vince will hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1070 on: September 28, 2007, 09:12:46 PM »

they are nothing without Tommy.? ?He's the most talented guy in that band.? ? Love him or hate him, he's a great fucking drummer and he brings a charisma to that stage that none of those other guys have.

Sure the other guys in the band are good, but Tommy is the most talented and without him, I'd have no desire to go see them.

Yeah, they haven't had a 'hit' for a while, but I personally don't care at all about that- as long as I like what they do that's all I care about.

Also you said Crue are nothing without Tommy. But I think it works the other way too. On the Carnival of Sins tour they were selling out arenas. Then Tommy did Rockstar: Supernova, and look how that did. The album sold next to no copies, and the tour was a disaster.
Tommy needs the Crue more than they need him.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1071 on: September 29, 2007, 12:10:18 AM »

They're too old for making music for the 13 YO's I think. Bon Jovi does it still tho...kinda. Whats important that they keep playing and make an album.

Nazareth and many still goes on world-touring as old men without the original line up, and it's great. I have no issues with Motley doing that.

I have made peace with the fact that they will never be "big" again (yet they are) and will sell less and play for smaller crowds as time goes.
The thing with Motley is, they've said all there is to say. And the fire just isn't burning anymore.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 12:12:10 AM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #1072 on: September 29, 2007, 12:23:18 AM »

when is the last time Nikki Sixx wrote a hit song?  1991?

The thing with Motley is, they've said all there is to say. And the fire just isn't burning anymore.

right, they are a nostalgic live act.  which is fine for them.   which is why whether or not Tommy writes the songs doesn't even factor into why they need him on stage for live performances.    Honestly, without him I would have no interest in seeing their show.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1073 on: September 29, 2007, 01:37:34 AM »

They should continue to do solo stuff until they work out their differences. Isn't Vince supposed to be working on a solo album?

Yet another drummer other than Tommy does not excite me a whole lot about Motley. They all need each other to keep Motley at the same level as they were on the last tour.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #1074 on: September 29, 2007, 08:05:41 AM »

New tattoo is a great album..They?ll do fine..Tommy is not the same anymoore..Look at him

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1075 on: September 29, 2007, 10:18:34 AM »

They WILL be fine without tommy. hes just the drummer. if they make a good album, the fans will be there.

Tommys NOT into rock anymore. he siad that Motley Crue had Cheesey guitars, adn that "im kind of over rock, whenever I write a song its gonna be electro" thats a nice thing to say about Mick mars?? Not to mention, crue had to cancel studio time and Tourdates with aerosmith because tommy signed on for supernova tv show.

so, Fuck him, he can be replaced. theres a TON of great drummers out there. Josh Freese(who worked with Crue before) steven perkins etc.
and if your not gonna be there, fine it just means ill get closer to the stage.

and Nikki has a hit song right now..Life is beautiful off of his sixx am disc. its #11 on the rock charts.

Tommy NEEDS crue more than crue needs tommy. ALL his solo albums/tours flopped, and he had to sell his house in 04 because he wasnt making much money to support his lifestyle. Crue with or without tommy can STILL play arenas. also,? its just his Ego is too big for the band since he became a paris hilton esque. tabloid king making out with men, sucking on dudes toes. Fuck him.

IMO, their best bet is to get a studio drummer like josh freese, make an album, and then see whre tommy is at. and get tommy back just to tour.

if Tommy wants to go and be a DJ, why should that stop Nikki, Mick and vince who want to make an album??
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 10:27:04 AM by guns_n_motley » Logged
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1076 on: September 29, 2007, 11:03:36 AM »

plus tommy lee talks like a wigga which doesnt go with the crues scene when hes on stage "YO ALL MY HOMIES, YO MOTHERFUCKERS GONNA GET WID IT N SHOW ME YOUR TITIS, CMON HO'S GET EM OUT"

html sucks
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1077 on: September 29, 2007, 12:57:22 PM »

So has anyone else older or their age, they ARE musicians, not idols, and should go on to they get too old, which is usually at age of 60-70

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1078 on: November 12, 2007, 08:39:55 PM »

Forget whatever rumors you've been hearing about Tommy Lee not being in M?TLEY CR?E or turmoil within the band. While at Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp last week, frontman Vince Neil gave MTV News the lowdown on what's happening. "Well, see what happens is, there's a press release saying that Tommy was out of the band and everybody jumped on that. But when Tommy issued his own press release saying that 'no', nobody paid attention to him. So, he was never out of the band and actually I just talked to him yesterday and I talked to Nikki a couple of days ago and we're going to go into the studio in January and hopefully have a single out by March and a tour in June." As for what the band will be working on, Vince says the album will be called "The Dirt", just like the collaborative autobiography on the CR?E. And also like that tell-all, Neil hopes each song on the disc will tell a story from their lives. However, the group could just as easily scrap those ideas since, in Vince's own words, "Who knows, in two weeks we'll change the title."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1079 on: November 13, 2007, 11:10:38 AM »

wow...poor old tommy lee XD

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: