Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:51:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 344966 times)
guns_n_motley
« Reply #960 on: June 19, 2007, 10:24:02 AM »

In response to the lawsuit, Stubner and Sanctuary have issued the following statement:

"Neither Carl Stubner nor Sanctuary Artist Management Inc. (nor any other Sanctuary company) have ever managed M?TLEY CR?E or any members of M?TLEY CR?E other than Tommy Lee. Mr. Stubner and Sanctuary continue to manage Tommy Lee and make no apology for having effectively managed, promoted and furthered Tommy's career with great success. Mr. Stubner and Sanctuary will vociferously defend this lawsuit which is utterly and entirely without merit or basis."

Source: Blabbermouth.net

Oh, that's fuckin' hilarious!? They aren't even Motley's manager?? ?rofl

Yeah...I think Motley are gonna lose this one.?

they ARE motleys manager. motley crue has 3 managers. vinces, nikkis and tommys. they all manage each artist and the band
guns_n_motley
« Reply #961 on: June 19, 2007, 10:26:36 AM »

heres the actual lawsuit

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/0618_motley_crue_complaint.pdf

guess thats why we didnt get the new Crue cd that was supposed to be recorded in 2006. Stubner wouldnt make tommy availiable to record, and still hasnt.

guns_n_motley
« Reply #962 on: June 19, 2007, 04:27:48 PM »

Skip Miller of Miller Barondess LLP, Los Angeles, attorney for the rock band Motley Crue, today issued the following statement in regard to the lawsuit filed by the band against one of their managers, Carl Stubner, and companies he is associated with:

"For Mr. Stubner to assert, as he now does in response to this lawsuit, that neither he nor his companies have ever participated in the management of Motley Crue is simply absurd. Mr. Stubner took part in numerous meetings and conference calls regarding the management of Motley Crue. In fact, Mr. Stubner and Sanctuary Artist Management have been paid nearly $1 million in commissions from the band for their management services. Mr. Stubner and Sanctuary are now going to have to explain their actions, and the receipt of all these commissions, to a judge and jury."

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #963 on: June 19, 2007, 05:45:18 PM »

So Timmy's manager gets sued by Tommy and the rest of the band for making Tommy (and Motley Crue) look bad by making him take part in reality shows?

And because those reality shows made it impossible for him to take part in Motley Crue concerts.

Wonder if the manager can sue Tommy for being Tommy. He made himself look bad!  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #964 on: June 20, 2007, 03:44:49 AM »

I like Tommy Lee a lot, I think he's funny, his solo stuff was ok, interesting, but Tommy knew what he was getting himself into-I'm also a big Gilby fan but I think musically Tommy and Gilby dropped the ball on the supernova album-and the Tommy goes to college series-obviously he had to know they were going to put him into situations where he looked confused in classes, hit on girls, stuff like that. Tommy and Nikki Sixx too much through the years have wanted to blame everyone else for a lot of things that did not work out.

libertad
guns_n_motley
« Reply #965 on: June 20, 2007, 10:36:39 AM »

Motley Crue Lawsuit

20 JUN 2007 | Los Angeles, CA

I am general counsel for Tommy Lee. Tommy Lee is not an individual participant in the lawsuit filed Monday by the corporation, Motley Crue, Inc. against Lee's personal manager, Carl Stubner and Sanctuary Management. Mr. Stubner and Sanctuary do not manage Motley Crue, however they continue to represent Tommy Lee personally.

Mr. Lee was neither consulted regarding this matter nor authorized the lawsuit. Mr. Lee has not made any allegations against his current personal manager. Mr. Lee feels fortunate to have been part of the Motley Reunion tour, as well as other opportunities outside of Motley Crue over the past several years. It is unfortunate that others believe that they all could have made more money had Mr. Lee exclusively participated in the band that he co-founded in 1980. However, Mr. Lee is a versatile artist, and is grateful that he participated in other projects as well.

Source: Barbara Berkowitz

this gets more interesting by the minute...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #966 on: June 20, 2007, 12:27:55 PM »

Motley Crue Lawsuit

20 JUN 2007 | Los Angeles, CA

I am general counsel for Tommy Lee. Tommy Lee is not an individual participant in the lawsuit filed Monday by the corporation, Motley Crue, Inc. against Lee's personal manager, Carl Stubner and Sanctuary Management. Mr. Stubner and Sanctuary do not manage Motley Crue, however they continue to represent Tommy Lee personally.

Mr. Lee was neither consulted regarding this matter nor authorized the lawsuit. Mr. Lee has not made any allegations against his current personal manager. Mr. Lee feels fortunate to have been part of the Motley Reunion tour, as well as other opportunities outside of Motley Crue over the past several years. It is unfortunate that others believe that they all could have made more money had Mr. Lee exclusively participated in the band that he co-founded in 1980. However, Mr. Lee is a versatile artist, and is grateful that he participated in other projects as well.

Source: Barbara Berkowitz

this gets more interesting by the minute...

Motley have been down this multiple lawsuits path before...I'm sure they've all got J.D.s by now.  rofl

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #967 on: June 20, 2007, 03:55:36 PM »

tarnished the band's stellar reputation.

To quote Del Trotter, "at that rate they'll get ?1.75."

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #968 on: June 23, 2007, 11:33:31 AM »

Anyone else noticed what a rip off they are live??? They sucked in Stockholm, the audience were great though

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #969 on: June 23, 2007, 11:25:29 PM »

Anyone else noticed what a rip off they are live??? They sucked in Stockholm, the audience were great though
In your opinion.  The videos I've seen from stockholm '07 the band sound good.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #970 on: July 09, 2007, 09:28:37 AM »

I've got Red, White & Crue in my car and I need to print out a new cover for it. Can anyone gimme scans? The back cover especially, since the front is kinda easy to find. I like to have both, especially to know what the hell track I'm listening to. I'd really appreciate it.

beer
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #971 on: July 10, 2007, 05:28:10 PM »

C'mon, I don't wanna see the Crue thread be lost again.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #972 on: July 10, 2007, 05:29:49 PM »

i cant decide which album i like the most from the 80s.

html sucks
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #973 on: July 10, 2007, 05:32:56 PM »

Can I assume that it isn't Girls or Theatre?

Too Fast for Love, Shout at the Devil, and Dr. Feelgood all strike me as superior to those two.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #974 on: July 10, 2007, 05:34:27 PM »

Too Fast for Love, Shout at the Devil, and Dr. Feelgood all strike me as superior to those two.

i find too fast my least fav.

girls girls girls is one of my favs, its brilliant sleazy crue.

feelgood i like, but its so commercial compared to previous efforts.

html sucks
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #975 on: July 10, 2007, 05:39:46 PM »

I love the rawness of TFFL...in some places it hurts it, but I think it mostly helps.  I agree that DF is more commercial...it's also probably their most straight ahead hard rock, rather than borderline metal.  SATD is a can't lose pick, my friend! 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #976 on: July 10, 2007, 05:54:51 PM »

I love the rawness of TFFL...in some places it hurts it, but I think it mostly helps.  I agree that DF is more commercial...it's also probably their most straight ahead hard rock, rather than borderline metal.  SATD is a can't lose pick, my friend! 

i love devil no worries Wink

my second crue album to feelgood. so luckily i got to see there diversity in sound.

html sucks
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #977 on: July 10, 2007, 06:56:59 PM »

Someone gimme the scans! crying
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #978 on: July 10, 2007, 07:38:07 PM »

Someone gimme the scans! crying

Why don't you just scan it yourself if you have it already?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #979 on: July 11, 2007, 05:18:50 AM »

I love the rawness of TFFL...in some places it hurts it, but I think it mostly helps.? I agree that DF is more commercial...it's also probably their most straight ahead hard rock, rather than borderline metal.? SATD is a can't lose pick, my friend!?

i love devil no worries Wink

my second crue album to feelgood. so luckily i got to see there diversity in sound.
I'd say with Crue in the 80s it easily comes down to Shout At The Devil vs Dr. Feelgood.  Now i like all the albums from that era but for me these 2 standout.  Now my favourite individual tracks are on Feelgood, especially the underated Time for a Change, but it has several weak tracks that bring it down for me.  Filler like She Goes Down, Sticky Sweet, Slice of Your Pie and Rattlesnake Shake is real ropey stuff.  Shout At The Devil on the other hand for me has all great tracks and on that basis alone it's my fave album of theirs from the 80s.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: