Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:24:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 345629 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #780 on: September 16, 2005, 11:52:44 PM »

A M?TLEY CR?E fan with the BLABBERMOUTH.NET username "Ironmaiden316" has submitted the following report from the CR?E's headlining concert appearance in Atlanta Friday night (Sept. 16):

"Just got in from the Atlanta, GA stop for M?TLEY CR?E's 'Carnival of Sins' show. Six songs into the show, Vince [Neil, vocals] took a nasty spill. He was obviously in pain and was helped off the stage. It was in the middle of 'Live Wire', and the crowd had to finish the song! Mick [Mars, guitar], Nikki [Sixx, bass], and Tommy [Lee, drums] tried the best to cover for time to see if Vince would return. Finally the curtain dropped. A video played saying the CR?E would be back in 10 minutes.

"After an hour or so, everyone knew the show was over. Finally Nikki, Tommy and Mick come out and announce that Vince tore a leg muscle and was on his way to the hospital. Nikki begged everybody to be cool, and not freak out. Tickets would be refunded, or you could hang onto them for a make up show. Tommy was pretty cool, and said for everybody to show much love and chill. They gave the audience a big bottle of J?ger [J?germeister] and asked that we pass it around.

"The Phillips Arena is the home of the NHL Thrashers, and they've been working on the ice floor all week. The cover they had over the ice, had people busting their ass all night. Maybe that had something to do with Vince falling. I saw him bite it, and he by all means was hurt for real."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #781 on: September 17, 2005, 11:00:47 PM »

Atlanta's 11Alive is reporting that M?TLEY CR?E lead singer Vince Neil broke his knee about 45 minutes into a Friday night (Sept. 16) concert at Philips Arena. He is listed in good conditionOne fan told 11Alive's Blair Meeks that it appeared Neil twisted his ankle.

"They were just performing, doing one of their songs when he just twisted his knee, it looked like, and he just went to the ground," the fan said.

"He started crawling off the stage and they kinda blew up smoke to kind of cover it, and the band kept playing, and they went to an intermission, or so you thought. Then, the rest of band ? Tommy, Nikki and Mick ? and came back out and said [Neil] broke his knee and the show was canceled," she said.

Although the sudden cancellation of the concert left a little upset and potentially rowdy, Atlanta police managed to get everyone out of the arena in an orderly fashion.

Ticket-holders are advised to hold on to their ticket stubs for word of a refund or possibly rescheduled concert.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #782 on: September 17, 2005, 11:01:53 PM »

Duane Bourne of The Virginian-Pilot has issued the following report:

The [Virginia] state's liquor agency is investigating whether the Verizon Wireless Virginia Beach Amphitheater violated its license during a M?TLEY CR?E concert last week.

The state Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control said it is looking into a complaint that a band member carried a video camera through the audience and encouraged women to flash their breasts. The video was shown on the large projection screens.

Leon Coleman, special agent in charge of the Chesapeake regional office, would not elaborate, except to say that the agency had interviewed a person who attended the concert.

Under state law, any establishment that allows lewd, obscene or indecent pictures on its premises can have its ABC license suspended or revoked.

During M?TLEY CR?E shows, drummer Tommy Lee routinely persuades women to lift their shirts for the camera. Radio stations and unofficial band Web sites document the R-rated stripteases.

Andy Edwards, who owns Chicho's, Crazy Charlie's and Live, said the M?TLEY CR?E concert is an example of selective enforcement. He said several Oceanfront bars have faced fines and suspensions for lesser offenses.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #783 on: September 17, 2005, 11:04:47 PM »

The Associated Press has confirmed that M?TLEY CR?E lead singer Vince Neil broke his leg performing at a concert Friday night (Sept. 16).

The band was about five songs into the concert at downtown Atlanta's Philips Arena when Neil leaned over to sing along with the audience and slipped off stage, said Atlanta Police Department spokeswoman Sylvia Abernathy.

He was treated at Piedmont Hospital and released Saturday, hospital spokeswoman Diana Lewis said.

Police also responded to an unrelated incident involving a man who injured himself after jumping from the fourth floor of the arena into the audience. He was transported to Grady Memorial Hospital.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #784 on: September 17, 2005, 11:28:12 PM »

Vince Neil tears a calf muscle in Atlanta, but Cr?e "Carnival of Sins" tour won't miss a beat

ATLANTA, GA - M?tley Cr?e won't let a little muscle tear get in the way of its rock & roll juggernaut.

Despite an erroneous wire service report that he broke his leg, the band's lead singer Vince Neil partially tore the medial portion of his calf muscle last night five songs into Cr?e's performance at the Phillips Arena in Atlanta, GA. The show was part of the band's ongoing, successful "Carnival of Sins" world tour that began last February.

Vince's leg gave out shortly before intermission, and the band was forced to end the concert early after Neil was taken to a nearby hospital. Although he was in a great deal of pain at the time, Neil is expected to make a full and quick recovery, according to his doctors, who nevertheless urged him to take some time off. The band intends to return to Atlanta to make-up the show. Tickets from last night's show will be honored at that time. Ticket holders should contact their point of purchase for more information or refunds.

"I just felt something snap in my leg," recalls Neil. "I just couldn't go on.?

Nevertheless, Neil is planning to return to the stage Sunday night (9/18) in Memphis, TN, for M?tley Cr?e's show at Desota Arena, despite doctor's orders. No shows will be canceled. "I'm a trooper," said Neil.

Said the band's Nikki Sixx: "He will be able to perform, but can't really jump around until it heals. Luckily, we have a few days off here and there for him to recover."

The M?tley Cr?e tour has been the unexpected success story of the live concert year. After
six years apart, the band reunited earlier this year for a tour that has been one of the biggest box office attractions of 2005.

Following the end of their own U.S. tour in October, the Crue will join the Rolling Stones for shows in Portland and Seattle, then M?tley Cr?e will go on to Australia and Japan.

After their appearance on last weekend's MTV/VH1/CMT "ReAct Now" benefit from Nashville, M?tley Cr?e will release a new recording of their hit, "Home Sweet Home," which they performed on the show with Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington, a gospel choir and string section, produced by Desmond Child. Proceeds from the song will go to benefit the victims of Hurricane Katrina and the efforts to rebuild the affected communities through Red Cross.

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #785 on: September 18, 2005, 05:39:53 PM »

ATLANTA (Sept. 18) - Motley Crue lead singer Vince Neil injured his leg performing at a concert Friday night.

The band was about five songs into the concert at downtown Atlanta's Philips Arena when Neil leaned over to sing along with the audience and slipped off stage, Atlanta Police Department spokeswoman Sylvia Abernathy told the Associated Press.

He was treated at Piedmont Hospital and released Saturday, hospital spokeswoman Diana Lewis said.

Although police indicated that Neil broke his leg, the band's official Web site states he partially tore a calf muscle.

The band does not expect to miss any shows because of the injury.

badapple81
« Reply #786 on: September 18, 2005, 07:01:32 PM »

08:30 AEST Mon Sep 19 2005
AAP

AP - Motley Crue lead singer Vince Neil is recovering from a leg injury after slipping off stage during a performance.

The band was about five songs into the concert when Neil leaned over to sing along with the audience and slipped off stage, said police spokeswoman Sylvia Abernathy.

"I just felt something snap in my leg," Neil wrote on the band's website. "I just couldn't go on."

The band was forced to end the concert early. The band said on its website that Neil partially tore part of his calf muscle.

Neil was treated at Piedmont Hospital and released Saturday, hospital spokeswoman Diana Lewis said. Band members said they intended to return to Atlanta for a makeup show.

Neil planned to perform on Sunday night in Memphis, Tennessee, and no shows were being cancelled, the band said on its website.

The 1980's glam band recently reunited after six years apart.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #787 on: September 18, 2005, 07:08:57 PM »

Theres all this info plaus huge updates in the crue thread already

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #788 on: September 20, 2005, 03:26:29 PM »

The Associated Press is reporting that M?TLEY CR?E frontman Vince Neil has returned to the stage after injuring himself Friday night (Sept. 16) at an Atlanta concert.

Band spokeswoman Hannah Kampf said Neil performed with no problems Sunday night in Memphis, Tenn. after tearing a calf muscle about five songs into a show at Atlanta's Philips Arena.

Atlanta police initially reported Neil fell off of the stage and broke his leg. But on the band's web site, Neil says he "felt something snap" in his calf muscle while on stage. He was treated and released from an Atlanta hospital on Saturday.

Band members said they intend to return to Atlanta for a makeup show. Kampf said no date for the makeup show has been set.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #789 on: September 20, 2005, 03:31:07 PM »

Indystar.com recently conducted an exclusive interview with M?TLEY CR?E guitarist Mick Mars. The brief question-and-answer session follows:

IndyStar.com: How did Huntington, Indiana, prepare you for rock stardom?

Mick Mars: "It all started at the 4-H Fair when I saw (country singer) Skeeter Bonn playing at Hiers Park. I was maybe 3 years old. He had on a bright orange suit with a bunch of rhinestones on it, and a big white Stetson hat. I was a little kid, but I was knocked over."

IndyStar.com: How are you holding up physically?

Mick Mars: "I'm OK. What I got ? it is what it is, you know? Life goes on."

IndyStar.com: Have the four of you sketched out plans beyond this tour?

Mick Mars: "We're planning on doing an album, which should be out by 2007, a movie (based on 'The Dirt', the band's 2001 autobiography) and another animated movie called 'Disaster'. Plus, a live CD and DVD."

IndyStar.com: "The Dirt" was such a great read. How is the movie going to work?

Mick Mars: "We don't want to come out with something cheeseball like that 'Rock Star' movie. It needs to be real, like the real thing. We're trying to get the right director. There have been a few who wanted to do it. Once we get one in place, then it's going to move very quickly."

IndyStar.com: Are you going to act in it yourself?

Mick Mars: "Oh, no. I'm one of the executive producers. I'm going to be there to make sure that when they depict me, it's going to be accurate."

IndyStar.com: In the book, you implied that some metal bands ruined the 1980s. Do you care to elaborate on that?

Mick Mars: "I think that when any kind of new music comes out, the record companies do overkill. In the 1980s, we had gimmicks like the big hair."

IndyStar.com: By the time it got to bands like BRITNY FOX and SLAUGHTER, it was about done?

Mick Mars: "Yeah, something like that (laughs). In the '90s, it happened with grunge and alternative music. They overdid that crap."

IndyStar.com: The Internet has preserved an interview you and bass player Nikki Sixx gave to a morning television show in St. Louis. You were rather animated when the host asked, "Who rocked harder in the '80s, M?TLEY CR?E or POISON?"

Mick Mars: "Well, good Lord. That's a pretty silly question."

IndyStar.com: Aside from one clueless guy on TV, do you think you guys get the respect you're due?

Mick Mars: "Yeah, from the right people. The industry recognizes us. I don't think they put us up there with the ROLLING STONES or anything. But they will. They'll wake up pretty soon."

IndyStar.com: What's it like to have all four of you together, as opposed to some of the later tours with different people in different roles?

Mick Mars: "It's a great feeling, because everybody I talk to at meet-and-greets and at radio stations are so enthusiastic about seeing the four of us together. The shows are doing really well. It's one of the biggest shows out on tour right now. It makes me feel good that we have a lot of support."

IndyStar.com: I have to ask about Tommy and Vince: Do they interact during the course of a day or during a show?

Mick Mars: "In the show, yeah, we all do. When we're offstage, we haven't gotten together and collaborated. But we write music and we do stuff. We all have different agendas. Not saying that we don't get along, because we get along better than we ever have."

IndyStar.com: Do you have a closest ally in the band?

Mick Mars: "It's a toss-up between Nikki and Vince. Tommy and I? I don't know. It's over-the-top with him. We're really close onstage, but offstage I spend more time with Nikki."

IndyStar.com: A lot of the band's mystique was built upon the four of you as a "gang" of sorts. Does it make a difference in the quality of the work if you're not as close today?

Mick Mars: "I think this next album will prove that we're as rude as we ever were. This is going to be the best album. We're not going to sit around and put out a record just to put out a record. We're going to really work and think it out and make it the very best we can. We're still a unit, and our music is still street-level, aggressive and raw."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #790 on: September 21, 2005, 02:57:00 PM »

Photos of M?TLEY CR?E frontman Vince Neil performing with the help of a "pimp cane and Percodan" Tuesday night (Sept. 20) at the Freedom Hall in Louisville, Kentucky

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #791 on: September 21, 2005, 03:26:12 PM »

Mick Mars is the man.  He says what's on his mind, and doesn't constantly go back on his word like Nikki does.  Those pictures of Vince are hilarious.  I heard they wheeled him out in a wheelchair.  Could you find a picture of that?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #792 on: September 21, 2005, 07:30:00 PM »

Due to Hurricane Rita and circumstances that are beyond control, the M?TLEY CR?E performance scheduled for Saturday, September 24 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas has been officially postponed. More information on a rescheduled date will be announced at a later time.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #793 on: September 23, 2005, 04:47:41 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E - STILL ON THE WILD SIDE
September 23,2005
Henry Miller
The Monitor

Vince, Tommy, Nikki and Mick.

They might not be John, Paul, George and Ringo, but for fans who have followed M?tley Cr?e, they?re as memorable, shocking ? and let?s face it, as hilarious ? as any big-haired wildmen in rock and roll.

Where to start? The drugs? The alcohol? Or maybe the girls, girls, girls ?

Can anyone say "Pamela, Tommy and a video recorder"?

So get ready, Rio Grande Valley. The Cr?e rolls into town to perform on Wednesday at Dodge Arena in Hidalgo, with its Carnival of Sins World Tour.

The band that hit it big in the early 1980s with its second album, Shout at the Devil, guarantees its legendary antics, debauchery ? and yes, clowns. For those who?ve been to a M?tley Cr?e concert, well, you know what to expect.

For those who haven?t ? it ain?t any gospel show. There are midgets, Harleys, girls in chains and fire, of course with the requisite smoke. And who knows what else.

"It?s intense," bassist Nikki Sixx said during a recent teleconference. "Aerialists, pyro and drums flying and everything.

"When we first started seeing it come together we were blown away, but to see Vince singing, see girls hanging by chains ? you want to go see this."

All that?s well and good, but for the guys, just being together again is the most important thing. They?ve been through trials and tribulations, but they?re together again.

"We?re a gang. How could we do it without all four members?" said Sixx, a father of five who has been married for nearly a decade to actress/model Donna D?Errico.

"Sure, Vince was out for a while, Tommy was out for a while. But five years ago, we said we?d wait until everyone does this ? until Mick got healthy? Without Mick or without Vince or Tommy or me, it wouldn?t be M?tley Cr?e."

Maybe that?s why so many people, media and fans alike, are expecting some kind of in-fighting among these four highly vocal band members. But so far, other than Vince tearing a calf muscle during a recent show in Atlanta, the hell raisers seems to have a rock marriage made in heaven ? at least according to them.

"We?ve made it this year. We?re all comfortable and happy," lead singer Vince Neil said. "We?ve gone the extra step to make it happy.

"Plus, it?s not like the four of us are stuck on a bus traveling the country ? and there?s a Budweiser truck following us."

The band waited for guitarist Mick Mars to recover from an addiction to pain medications.

"It drug me down," Mars said. "When we first started talking about this, I was out of it but wanted to do it. I needed to get overhauled and cleaned up and wanted to do it."

Mars also suffers from a chronic degenerative illness called ankylosing spondylitis, a form of arthritis that primarily affects the spine, although other joints can become involved. It causes inflammation of the spinal joints that can lead to severe, chronic pain and discomfort, according to the Spondylitis Association of America?s Web site.

When the band finally did get back together, after six years of individual paths, "it" was still in them.

"Hell, it?s loud in here!" Sixx recalls Neil saying when the band first got together again in the studio.

"Isn?t your solo band this loud?" Sixx replied.

"(Expletive), no!"

"There?s a brutality to us when we?re together," Sixx said. "It doesn?t sound like Cr?e when it?s not the four of us. Nobody?s ever sounded like Robert Plant or Vince Neil or Mick Jagger. Some are better singers, but all are unique.

"I don?t care if you hate us, but nobody will ever sound like us."

The routine thus far on the tour has been a two-hour or longer show with one intermission and a whole bunch of classic Cr?e, from "Shout at the Devil" to "Dr. Feelgood" and their classic power ballad, "Home Sweet Home."

Even in their routine, there?s always a chance for spontaneity.

"We like to keep it exciting for the fans," Sixx said. "It?s helter skelter out there sometimes."

And keeping the show exciting after more than 20 years? No problem.

"It?s the same," Neil said. "There was alcohol then, there?s alcohol now. There are young fans and old fans now. That?s double trouble for us."

What it comes down to is this: M?tley Cr?e, like ?em, hate ?em or just don?t care ? still fills arenas. They play hard, work hard (they?ll be performing a few shows with the Rolling Stones on their A Bigger Bang World Tour before going to Japan and Australia for shows at the end of the year) and love life.

"Vince has always said that rock and roll never goes away," Sixx said. "He?s right. Pop artists come and go ? never come back, really. But no matter, the ?50s, ?60s or ?80s, rock bands like the Stones, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath or Cr?e, we go through phases of being less popular.

"Now ? we?ve been rediscovered, or discovered by a new audience ? the young audience. We have double the amount of people that are coming to see us. We have new songs, but they?ll always come for ?Girls, Girls, Girls.?

"But without new music, people will stop coming."

Neil jumped into the conversation.

"KISS was always billed as a farewell tour," he said. "Then they did the second farewell, then the third, fourth and fifth farewell tours. People were sick of it."

"They didn?t keep it fresh," Mars said.

No worries about that with the Cr?e. Midgets. Clowns. Girls in chains. How?s that for fresh.

And what a great name for their tour ? Carnival of Sins, a fitting summary of their lives.

"My favorite sin?" Mars said. "Living is my favorite sin. ?Live? backwards is ?evil,? right?"

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #794 on: September 27, 2005, 03:25:29 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx has posted the following message in his online diary:

"Today I went out here in San Antonio and bought [wife] Donna and myself a 20-year-old Hasselblad 500 el/m.its a medium format camera that I think will help us both step into the next dimension. We're excited to get into our studio and let the paint, film, acting and music fly... thank you for letting me share in our loves and passions.

"'Home Sweet Home' the video and single will be hitting the airwaves (radio, iTunes, AOL, etc. etc.) here any day now as well as the video. It's a great cause and we hope to generate a lot of money and awareness for the victims of all the recent hurricanes, most notably New Orleans. I spoke to the powers that be at MTV today and there very excited about the video.

"The tour is winding down and I think as much as we all love this tour, a break is in order for us all. We've been on the road since February 14th and we will go out in February and March again before we record the next record, but first were going to Australia, Japan and Hawaii. Far be it for us to complain; we're very grateful to be given a second chance at doing what we love to do.....so thank you."

In other news, M?TLEY CR?E have announced that they will return to Atlanta's Philips Arena on March 15, 2006. This is a make-up date for the show in Atlanta on Sept. 16, which was cut short after five songs when singer Vince Neil tore the medial portion of his calf muscle and was forced to leave the stage. The date was part of the band's ongoing, successful "Carnival of Sins" world tour that began last February.

Tickets for the Sept. 16 show will be honored on the new date. Prices are $77 and $47 plus applicable service charges. All are for reserved seating and all ages are welcome.

For those who missed out the first time around, additional tickets will be available to see M?TLEY CR?E on the new date. Tickets are available at peterconlonpresents.com, all Ticketmaster locations, or charge by phone at (404) 249-6400.

POPmetal
« Reply #795 on: September 30, 2005, 04:18:40 AM »

AOL music has the video
http://music.aol.com/artist/main.adp?artistid=4964

the single is available on iTunes
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=80997724&s=143441&i=80997402
all proceeds go to Hurricane Katrina charity
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #796 on: September 30, 2005, 08:45:01 PM »

The new version is great - but, itunes ripped me off by cutting the last minute of the song. Fucking bastards! rant

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
POPmetal
« Reply #797 on: October 01, 2005, 07:01:59 AM »

The new version is great - but, itunes ripped me off by cutting the last minute of the song. Fucking bastards! rant

Mine downloaded the entire song. Maybe your download got cut off or something. Try going to the "Advanced" menu and selecting "Check For Purchased Music..." If that doesn't fix it, definitely write to service and support.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #798 on: October 02, 2005, 11:36:02 AM »

Billboard magazine recently conducted an interview with M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx. A few excerpts from the chat follow:

Q: Did you expect the [reunion] tour to be so successful?

Nikki: "None of us had a crystal ball. We knew the band would have an insane show. When tickets went on sale, would it be 1,000 or 2,000 people, or the numbers that it ended up being? We didn't know. We were blown away. I forget what the first date was, but Madison Square Garden was one of the earlier ones. The band's never been over-the-top huge on the East Coast, and some of those first shows went clean (sold out) in a very short amount of time."

Q: What has changed in the industry since you last toured as a band?

Nikki: "One of the first things I noticed is, all the people that were hired on as our crew or (for) the overall project said, 'Oh, my God, I've been so bored for the last 10 years. I am so excited to be on a M?TLEY CR?E tour.' We were like, 'What do you mean?' They were like, 'Dude, we've been out doing these safe tours.' We met with pyro companies and said, 'OK, we want to blow the bass player up, we want the drummer to fly, drums to explode in the air,' and everybody is like, 'Thank you.' We're like, 'What are you talking about?' They go, 'Well, you know, the last 10 years we've been doing tours, and for the grand finale bands would say, 'OK, we want some sparks.' You guys in one song have more than 10 bands have in their show."

Q: When did you decide to do a DVD based on the tour?

Nikki: "We knew once we got out on the road and people said it's one of the best rock shows they've ever seen that it was something that needed to be documented."

Q: How involved were you in the creative process for the DVD?

Nikki: "We're involved in everything, all the way down to what our luggage tags look like. We drive people crazy. We are so thorough."

Q: What's going on with the movie based on the band bio "The Dirt"?

Nikki: "We had David Fincher ('Seven', 'Fight Club', 'Panic Room') to be the director, but Paramount needed him to do a very huge movie and wanted us to wait. In the meantime, we are now meeting with other directors. It will get made, and it will get made right. The project has to be gritty. It's going to be like 'Goodfellas', the feeling of 'Layer Cake'. It's going to have an underbelly to it."

Q: What's next for the band?

Nikki: "We're here to destroy the world like we were in the beginning. February, we go back out. We're going to play small markets that rock bands don't usually go to, and then we'll make a record after that. Brand new. What it'll sound like, I don't know. I still don't have a crystal ball."

Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #799 on: October 02, 2005, 05:04:51 PM »

Woo Hoo Kids!! I have Tickets for that!!!!  Grin

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: