Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 10:36:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 323529 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #300 on: January 01, 2005, 07:01:05 PM »

THIS WAS DONE BEFORE THE PALLADIUM GIG                                                                                                                 The four members of M?TLEY CR?E were recently interviewed by Metal Edge magazine for a cover story about their upcoming reunion tour. Several excerpts from guitarist Mick Mars's portion of the interview follow:

Metal Edge: Other members of the band have said that they view the reunion as something vital in your recovery process. Do you view it that way?

Mick Mars: "No, because I refuse to be exploited. We all have reasons to come back. They have their side projects, but I don't think those are anything to oserious. It's really rough for me being out on the road, it's rough keeping up with the schedule. It's rough enough for a healthy guy, but I weigh 112 pounds and I'm not fully recovered yet, and I've done all this stuff already that 's really wearing me down faster than I can heal."

Metal Edge: Was it rough for you on the road the last time M?TLEY toured?

Mick Mars: "Pretty much. There's a lot of flying around, playing live at radio stations, then playing live at night, doing promotions like Macintosh ? two, three, four places in a day. Even on a Lear jet, I still couldn't get healthy."

Metal Edge: Do you feel like you're recuperating at a decent pace now? Are you optimistic about being healthy enough to head out on tour in February?

Mick Mars: "Probably by then. It all depends how much they're going to schedule in between. It's kind of like if you wake up from a deep sleep, and have to go straight to work and can't go back to sleep ? you're going to be tired. You need to catch up on sleep before you can really be awake. I have to be healthy before I really start working again."

Metal Edge: It seems like everyone's got their different reasons for going back to the band. Why do you think M?TLEY is getting back together right now?

Mick Mars: "Greed. No on my part. And I won't say on everyone else's part, but there is greed around me. There's greed in everything, though, not just this. It's everywhere."

Metal Edge: For those that aren't familiar with the disease, what exactly does it do to you?

Mick Mars: "It changes up your spine, it affects your eyes, you can't see as clear with them. Right now, my disease has gone up to my brain stem and into my throat and stuff ? I have one vocal cord working and the other is dead. I have a team of doctors trying to figure out how to get it back so that I can have a full voice again. It's like there are bones growing over your bones and shifting it up ? like if you were to put a brace on your back, then try and stand up, you can?t do it. It gets to your hands, it gets in your elbows, it gets in your knees, any place there are joints. It starts in the hips, and that's why I had the one replaced and need to do another one. It has nothing to do with age ? you could be 17 or 18 years old and have it, and what happens is, they need to cut it out, or it goes through your whole body."

Metal Edge: It sounds excruciatingly painful.

Mick Mars: "It is, it is? And you go to the doctor, and they give you the quick fix, so I had to get myself off that whole thing, too. They don?t try to treat it, they just give you pain pills. Well, why don't you do anything about it? Overseas they do things, they have remedies, and they work like eighty percent of the time, but over here, the doctors really don't seem to know a lot about it, and it's really upsetting."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #301 on: January 01, 2005, 07:21:30 PM »

thanks,
yeah, gotta give credit to mick 4 doin this all these years...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2005, 07:51:05 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #302 on: January 01, 2005, 10:48:08 PM »

reinventing the rock star with vince neil was awesome

he really worked his ass off and came a long way back

i recommend everyone watch it

it was cool

the plastic surgery part was nasty as fuck though

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #303 on: January 03, 2005, 09:40:43 AM »

Former JANE'S ADDICTION/RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS guitarist Dave Navarro has rejected an Internet report that he will be replacing guitarist Mick Mars on the upcoming M?TLEY CR?E tour. The report states that Navarro will be replacing Mars due to Mick's ongoing health problems.

Writing on his official web site, Navarro said, "There is a rumor that I might be participating in the upcoming M?TLEY CR?E tour. I have not been approached by anyone associated with M?TLEY CR?E. I do plan on going to see them.

"I just figured, 'Hey, I have my own site, why not just set it straight now?' I pray for Mick's swift recovery if he is, in fact, dealing with health issues."

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #304 on: January 03, 2005, 06:55:07 PM »

I am surprised that the FCC is not making a big deal over Vince telling Tommy "Happy Fuckin` New Year" during the instrumental breal of Girls Girls Girls on Leno Friday nite.

Motley Fuckin Crue!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #305 on: January 04, 2005, 07:41:37 PM »

"The Tonight Show" on NBC probably did a double-take when, just after the clock stuck midnight, M?TLEY CR?E singer Vince Neil turned to his bandmate, drummer Tommy Lee, and said, "Happy fucking New Year, Tommy!" Because Jay Leno has aired a live New Year's edition for many years without problems, Peacock execs apparently decided against using a five-second delay on the broadcast.

Because "Tonight" airs after 10 p.m. ? and thus outside the FCC's so-called safe harbor in which indecent programming is forbidden ? it seems unlikely NBC will face any financial fallout from the slip-up. Still, given that many kids get to stay up late on New Year's, some parents might have been taken aback ? though unlike the Super Bowl fiasco, Neil's use of profanity seems to have gone unnoticed by activist groups.

NBC edited out the offending word for West Coast viewers.

"The network has not received any calls regarding the incident," an NBC official, who asked not to be identified, said Monday, according to the Associated Press.

U2 lead singer Bono used the F-word at last year's Golden Globe Awards, which was also broadcast live by NBC. The network has said it will put this year's broadcast on a 10-second delay.

The Federal Communications Commission, in a ruling issued last March, said the word should never be used on over-the-air radio or television programs. FCC officials said at the time they had received hundreds of complaints from Golden Globes viewers.

Networks have been more cautious about material they air after singer Janet Jackson's Super Bowl performance last year

Jackson was near the end of a Feb. 1 halftime duet with Justin Timberlake when Timberlake snatched off part of her bustier on stage, revealing one of her breasts, which was covered with only a sun-shaped "nipple shield." Those involved blamed the exposure on a "wardrobe malfunction."

GnRrOcKeR578
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #306 on: January 04, 2005, 08:21:39 PM »

Did you guys hear That the RHCP's Guitarist would replace mick I was like WTF!? no!! I bought tickets for March 3rd! I want the real motley!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #307 on: January 04, 2005, 08:28:15 PM »

Its Untrue man..I have a post higher up in the thread that is from Daves official website that says its untrue and that Mick will tour....THE WHOLE BAND WILL TOUR

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #308 on: January 04, 2005, 08:30:05 PM »

Just got a question answered on Vince's MSNChat [It's Live now btw]
Q. Any plans for a full length new album by the band or is the Anthology the last stop? ?James Hamilton, 19, England
Vince_Neil_Live says: Right now we're just focused on the tour. If we all decide at the end of the tour to put out another album we will. We're taking it piece by piece and not making any promises. If someone decides not to, that will be it, but if we all decide to keep going that will be great too. This is not a farewell tour, so we'll just see what happens. Hopefully there will be another full length album.

Edit: The chat is now over, full transcript of it will be up later at http://chat.msn.com/msnlive_feature.msnw?id=MSNLiveHome 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2005, 08:42:21 PM by Stoned » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #309 on: January 05, 2005, 12:28:47 AM »

dude how do u access the chats?

where do u go to etc etc

tommy's is the end of the month and i gotta be on that one!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #310 on: January 05, 2005, 07:16:25 AM »

dude how do u access the chats?

where do u go to etc etc

tommy's is the end of the month and i gotta be on that one!
Goto chat.msn.com then sign in go to celebrity chats and they will be listed then you enter the room [best to do it half and hour before it begins] and submit your questions it's best to submit at least 4 or 5 since lots of people submit questions and only a handful were answered it was by pure look mine was answered, still nice novelty that Vince Neil answered a question of mine next week it's Nikki Sixx

Edit: Vince was quite amusing and full of high spirits, one person asked him about what he does when he's trying to write a song....he said he rings Nikki
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 07:18:42 AM by Stoned » Logged
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #311 on: January 05, 2005, 08:01:18 AM »

M?TLEY CR?E frontman Vince Neil took part in an MSN online chat Tuesday night (Jan. 4). Several excerpts from the chat follow:

Q: Vince, can you give us a hint on the set list and stage show? Any surprises? Without giving away too much, what can we expect?

Vince Neil: "The setlist will be the hits but we're going to do a lot of very obscure stuff that you haven't heard yet, like 'Too Fast For Love'."

Q: I'm sure you get this all the time, but M?TLEY CR?E has been a huge influence in my style of playing. It's so awesome getting to talk to you! I was wondering if there is any new information about the M?TLEY CR?E movie [based on the autobiography "The Dirt"]?

Vince Neil: "The movie will probably be out in 2006. We just got the first scripts for it two weeks ago. We're looking through them now and we're the executive producers so we have to make sure that the scripts are perfect before we give the go ahead. Then we fire everybody. (laughs)"

Q: What was it like writing "The Dirt"? I've read that book 2938257 times and it's so freaking great.

Vince Neil: "(laughs) That's great, that's very cool. Writing it was very cool because it was each person's recollection of their life and then how the writer put it together. So you have on event with four different perspectives and knowing what each one person was thinking. It was an amazing experience. If you look like an asshole, you are, if you look like a hero you are, there was no glossing over that one. We were all very honest."

Q: Any plans for a full-length new album by the band or is the anthology the last stop?

Vince Neil: "Right now we're just focused on the tour. If we all decide at the end of the tour to put out another album we will. We're taking it piece by piece and not making any promises. If someone decides not to, that will be it, but if we all decide to keep going that will be great too. This is not a farewell tour, so we'll just see what happens. Hopefully there will be another full-length album."

Q: Your vocals are the best they have sounded in years. Have you been involved in any type of vocal training?

Vince Neil: "No. I haven't done vocal training. For me it does not really work. For me the best vocal training is just singing which is why I've stayed on tour constantly. The more you sing the better you get. It's a muscle and the more you work it out, the better it gets."

Q: What does the song "If I Die Tomorrow" mean? What does the song mean to you?

Vince Neil: "The song, if you watch the video, it really brings what the song is about and for the casual listener it can be about love. If you watch the video it's about the four of us and our mortality and how fragile life is and how close we've come to death and still survived."

Q: Vince, do you prefer to play clubs where their is more interaction with the audience or do you prefer to perform in large arenas?

Vince Neil: "I love both. I love the intimacy of being close to fans and that's where we started. I also love playing large crowd because we can really put on a SHOW with lights and pyro and everything. Those are the two things I love."

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #312 on: January 06, 2005, 09:00:38 PM »

Crue together again in 2005. Who woulda thought this would be possible a year ago.  Who knew?

I`d love to see an album of all new material.  Something along the lines of Generation Swine would really rock!

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #313 on: January 06, 2005, 09:52:56 PM »

Something along the lines of Generation Swine would really rock!

heard vince neil's solo album carved in stone ?

-thats really good and are influenced with cool stuff, also like gs\ but more and better peace

i heard they do a sountrack for the dirt movie with new materal...

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #314 on: January 07, 2005, 08:04:39 AM »

I saw Vince Neil in 95 when he was touring for Carved in Stone. He played some dive bar that I can`t remember the name, but he was great to see live in a club setting.

Carved in stone was good, but some of it was a little out there for Vince, it just diddn`t fit with all the sampling on the first couple songs.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #315 on: January 08, 2005, 12:01:22 AM »

Ok, Nikki did an interview this morningwith our local radio station here in Calgary called cjay 92.
These are Nikki's exact words...
1- They are NOT bringing a support band with them because they are doing over 2 hours of Motley tunes.
They are going to have an intermission halfway through the show to do a complete set change.

2-All he said about Tommy's solo is that it is quite the show and it will make the Dr. Feelgood solo look tame.(Or something like that.)

Now, this is directly from Nikki, IT IS NOT A RUMOUR!
So I think the backup band question has now been answered and I would think the Rollercoaster solo just might be a reality.
Other than that he also confirmed they responded to the cities who had the most requests for them.
So if your city wasn't selected, it will not likely be.
That's all I have and I hope that clears some stuff out.
2 hours of the Crue, I think our wishes have been granted!
Cheers everyone!

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #316 on: January 08, 2005, 11:42:19 AM »

This was posted by Nikki in the Diary Section:

AS FAR AS THE FCC PROBE AND MOTLEY CRUE(REGARDING OUR NEW YEARS EVE SHOW ON LENO).WOULDNT OUR COUNTRY BE BETTER SERVED IF OUR GOVERNMENT PUT THERE RESOURCES IN BETTER PLACES. THIS IS JUST PROOF THAT WE ARE MOVING BACKWARDS. A FOUR LETTER WORD SLIP UP AFTER MIDNIGHT IS NOT WORLD NEWS,BUT CONSIDERING THERE RIDICULOUS STANCE I WILL SAY IT REEKS OF THE 1950'S.
ANYWAY DOESN'T MOTLEY CRUE USUALLY DO THE PROBING?

ABOUT THE MICK MARS AND ALL THE RUMORS OF HIS REPLACEMENT..HE WAS THE GUY WHOSE BONE DISEASE HAD TORE HIM PHYSICALLY DOWN AND WORE OUT HIS HIP. HE WAS THE ONE WHO SAID **IM GONNA GET THIS FUCKING HIP REPLACED** SO YOU GUYS BETTER BE READY CAUSE I WANNA GO KICK ASS. WE ARE, HE HAS AND THE REST AS THEY SAY IS HISTORY.

SEE YOU CRUEHEADS ON TOUR...

NIKKI SIXX

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #317 on: January 08, 2005, 12:05:46 PM »

Motley Crue are one of those bands that say what they mean and do what they say and don`t care what the media or anyone else thinks. Great rock n roll with punk attitude.
And its nice that they keep the fans informed, unlike other bands (GNR). Axl should do a diary page on gnronline to let us know whats going on.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #318 on: January 11, 2005, 07:25:15 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E are finalizing their "Red, White & Cr?e" tour set list which currently runs over two hours long, according to a statement posted on the band's web site. The show will include many of the group's current and classic hits from the past 24 years but will also include many songs the band has either never played live or has not played live in many years.

Due to the length of M?TLEY CR?E's set list, the band is debating whether or not to include an opening act on the bill this spring. The "Red, White & Cr?e" tour may turn out to be an intimate evening with M?TLEY CR?E.

M?TLEY CR?E will play the first official reunion show with the group's original lineup on February 14, 2005 at Coliseo De Puerto Rico in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The band's tour will kick off three days later ? on February 17 in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #319 on: January 11, 2005, 08:47:38 PM »

DishDiva says: Welcome to MSN Live! This afternoon we are pleased to welcome Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx.
Host_Josie_LiveEvent : DishDiva is our Interviewer and she will help you through the beginning of the Interview. Introducing you to your guest for the show. I do hope you enjoy your time with us and Thank you for coming!
DishDiva says: Motley Crue's tour is called Red White and Crue Tour!
DishDiva says: Go get your tickets now!
DishDiva says: Check out http://www.motleycrue.com for more on the tour and cities
DishDiva says: Nikki, welcome back to MSN Live!
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: Hey what's up Crue Heads?!
DishDiva says: It's great to have you back!
daltondrfeelgood in Onstage_1 asks: Nikki, how old were you started playing the bass gutair? Do you write any of the music?
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: (laughs) I was about 13 when I really picked it up. And yes, I am a song writer.
Newtattoo222 in Onstage_1 asks: When you get to Scotland will you and the guys be sightseeing?( If so, and you need a guide....)
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: We've just got the first two legs of the tour up, we're just getting the first part of Europe maped out. We'll be going to a lot of places we haven't been before. I don't know if we're scheduled for Scotland, but I hope so.
DishDiva says: Do you ever get a chance to see any of the cities where you play?
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: I see more cities when I'm not on tour, because we're so busy getting into town, playing and then leaving. When we're not playing on tour, we're resting, trying to recuperate.
Kywildcat241 in Onstage_1 asks: What was the most memorable city and concert you have participated in? ky
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: We get asked that a lot but there's a different energy in each place we go. Japan used to be conservative, but not anymore. Detroit used to be one of the best rock cities, and it is, but others are starting to catch up.
DishDiva says: There are lots of questions about whether Motley Crue will be visiting your town but we just don't have time to answer all of those. You can check out the tour dates at http://www.motleycrue.com
motleymaniac2006 in Onstage_1 asks: Nikki, what inspire's you to write and how did you remember all the bass parts to your songs?
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: It's interesting being a musician, you just get into the song, it's not so much as remembering, it just becomes one with you. When you frist start learning the song you learn the chords and verses, but once you learn it, you don't have to think about it
SnakeEyez33 in Onstage_1 asks: Nikki what is your favorite Crue song and why?
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: To really play muisic you've got to not think about it.
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: Mine has been "Primal Scream" for quite a few years. As with most artists, the new music is always your favorite. Right now I'm really excited about "If I Die Tomorrow," "Street Fighting Man" because they're new. Once you start playing live, they do all
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: mesh together and become the same experience. From our first album until now we've evolved but when we play live, they all kind of make sense. There are live favorites and there are audio listening favorites.
KILLERCRUE in Onstage_1 asks: So far on tour, what is your most memorable moment?
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: (laughs) I have many memorable, and many that I don't remember from tours.
??zz91 in Onstage_1 asks: Nikki, would you say that starting an instrument in your teen years is too late?
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: No, I think it's a good time. I don't know if you want to start much younger than that because you haven't figured out who you are and what you like. Classical music you can start younger because it's mathematical and technical and not origional. Rock
sixxdogg68 in Onstage_1 asks: Brisbane, Australia. G'day Nikki. Will you be changing the set list from town to town?
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: music is original and you have to know who you are so you can express yourself through the music.
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: Originally we were going to have a loose set, but in talking more and more about what we want to do visually, we decided to nail it down to a two hour show. Most shows go for about an hour and a half. We will be playing old and new stuff. The thing that
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: has changed is the encore part of the show.
green_2_3 in Onstage_1 asks: Nikki, what are the chances we will hear any songs from the '94 album(I'm hoping for Smoke The Sky) on the tour?
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: We haven't really talked about it. That was an album we made that we really liked but Vince wasn't the singer so it might be disrespectful to bring it up. This is Motley Crue with the original 4 band members.
sharkysmachine011 in Onstage_1 asks: Great live performance on the Jay Leno Show. Can we expect a live cd and dvd from the upcoming tour? Ty from Indiana
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: We've never done a live DVD with the original line up. We've been talking to management and to our label and everyone seems pretty excited to get us to do that.
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: It's something we're talking about doing in the first leg.
tikitoy74 in Onstage_1 asks: Nikki will you be writing any more books? sunshine,mass.usa
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: I'm working on my personal book right now called "The Heroin Diaries" and we're hoping for a fall release. It is my diary from the time I had a bad drug problem. It has commentary from Slash and Tommy, Vince and Mick, security people. It's more than just
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: a diary, it's got poetry and other things. It's everything from the haunted head of Sixx. (laughs)
DishDiva says: Is it hard for you to goback and read the diaries now?
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: It's invigorating because of my growth. It's shocking that I survived. I'm excited to share it because being honest about your experiences might help others not to go through the same thing.
Budd_S in Onstage_1 asks: Do you like travelling or do you get home sick? See your guys concert in Reno next month!!!
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: The travel is the hard part, the performing is the great part. If you play for 2 hours, you have 22 hours of down time and being away from people you care about it. It makes up for it when you're on stage, that's the great news, and all the love we get
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: from original fans and new fans. When you've been out more than a year, it gets rediculous when you can't remember how to drive a car or make your own breakfast because you've been in a hotel for so long.
lyv_wyr in Onstage_1 asks: Nikki, could you give us Crueheads a hint of what the stagesets are going to look like visually for the upcoming tour? Ryan .. IL
DishDiva says: Check out http://www.motleycrue.com for more on their tour dates!
Nikki_Sixx_Live says: All I can tell you is, people have always said that Motley Crue is a rock and roll circus in a dark, demented, and unhealthy way. So I guess you can say we're taking the circus on the road.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: