Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:45:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 321264 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1700 on: March 02, 2011, 02:36:25 PM »

oh man Vince is so full of shit

He def didn't pay his debt for killing Razzle.

Yeah, I didn't hear any remorse after listening to that interview.  Here's what he says in the video:

VINCE NEIL On Most Recent DUI Charge: 'I Just Made A Mistake' - Mar. 2, 2011

M?TLEY CR?E singer Vince Neil's new girlfriend, Alicia Jacobs, entertainment reporter at KSNV-TV, conducted an interview with Neil earlier this week about what it was like to spend 10 days in jail for a DUI charge stemming from his arrest in June 2010 after a party at the Las Vegas Hilton.

The Jacobs-Neil interview, which was broadcast on KSNV-TV in two parts ? part one on February 28 and part two on March 1 ? can now be seen below.

On whether he's learned anything from this experience:

Neil: "Yeah, I made the mistake of getting behind the wheel after having some cocktails. It was so easy for me not to do it; I was at a hotel, I had access to limousines, I had access to rooms ? I could have just stayed at the Hilton that night, but for some reason I decided to drive home, and that was the wrong thing to do."

On people's criticism that he got away with a slap on the wrist and that his punishment should have been harsher because of past experiences: (Neil "past" includes a felony DUI in a 1984 accident that killed HANOI ROCKS drummer Nicholas "Razzle" Dingley and injured two others, leaving at least one of them with permanent brain damage. Neil was unharmed, did 30 days in prison, 200 hours of community service, and paid millions in restitution.)

Neil: "I paid my debt to the society 27 years ago; I did what was required of me then. I was sentenced to jail, I did my time, and I paid an enormous amount of money ? two and a half million. But I would have gone to prison if I didn't. So that's what I did. And so a lot of people say, yeah, I bought my way out. Well, that's not really true. Most people would have gotten two days time served and pay a $500 fine ? so [they would] never do any jail time. I got 30 days. I think a lot of it was kind of based on what happened to me 25 years ago, with the accident. And I didn't do a lot of time then."

On what lesson he's learned this time that he didn't learn back in 1984:

Neil: "I was 23 years old. I just turned 50. So, really, it was almost half of my life ago. I was a kid and all of a sudden I had a lot of money, all of a sudden I had fame and I let it go to [my] head. This time I just made a mistake."

On whether there is any question in his mind that this will not happen again:

Neil: "No. It's not gonna happen again. Absolutely not."

On being released from jail five days early because he volunteered and worked the entire time he was jailed, feeding his fellow inmates three meals per day as well as custodial duties:

Neil: "The place needs vacuuming, you vacuum, you mop. The showers are actually right there by where you eat, and so you look at that and if they need cleaning, you scrub 'em out a little bit."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=154744

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1701 on: March 02, 2011, 06:23:43 PM »

Fuck You Motley Crue.  I can't believe they are going to tour with this shit band.  That is all.

I don't really like both bands, but in terms of music I'm not afraid to admit that I favour Poison over Motley. I've never liked Motleys whole gimmicky rocker/sleaze appearence, where I can just about stand Poisons glam look.

I don't think these 2 bands are poles apart in terms of popularity and following, and I don't think it's unrealistic to see this tour being evenly matched.

I guess I don't like how Motley seem to want to be percieved as hard knocks, where as Poison are just happy being glam/rock, so theres nothing new there.

Even Sebastian has said that Poison need to be admired for how long they have been going. And say what you want, but Every Rose Has It's Thorn and Unskinny Bop are well written and catchy songs. And I haven't got into any Crew songs really, not really interested by them.  Tongue

and a Robin Finck fan to boot. that explains a lot. hihi hihi

Sebastian use to blast Poison then opened for them... Kinda hypocritical.

Don't worry D, I save myself by not being at least bit interested in your other love interest Bon Jovi.  hihi

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1702 on: March 02, 2011, 08:06:51 PM »

Fuck You Motley Crue.  I can't believe they are going to tour with this shit band.  That is all.

I don't really like both bands, but in terms of music I'm not afraid to admit that I favour Poison over Motley. I've never liked Motleys whole gimmicky rocker/sleaze appearence, where I can just about stand Poisons glam look.

I don't think these 2 bands are poles apart in terms of popularity and following, and I don't think it's unrealistic to see this tour being evenly matched.

I guess I don't like how Motley seem to want to be percieved as hard knocks, where as Poison are just happy being glam/rock, so theres nothing new there.

Even Sebastian has said that Poison need to be admired for how long they have been going. And say what you want, but Every Rose Has It's Thorn and Unskinny Bop are well written and catchy songs. And I haven't got into any Crew songs really, not really interested by them.  Tongue

and a Robin Finck fan to boot. that explains a lot. hihi hihi

Sebastian use to blast Poison then opened for them... Kinda hypocritical.

Don't worry D, I save myself by not being at least bit interested in your other love interest Bon Jovi.  hihi

hihi hihi hihi hihi Good one!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1703 on: March 02, 2011, 09:16:52 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee spoke to Billboard.com about the band's upcoming summer headlining tour with support from POISON and NEW YORK DOLLS.

"It's definitely not Cr?e Fest. Cr?e Fest is, like, five [bands], and this is just the three of us. But it's special because it's another CR?E tour and it's summertime, man. That's always special."

On NEW YORK DOLLS:

"I'm really excited about the DOLLS. They were in that handful of early inspirations when we were all 17 and 18 years old, looking at their style and their music. So it's cool to go on tour with them."

On rumored rivalry with POISON:

"I never really got into all that...rivalry or feud. Just go up and bang out your tunes, dude. Who cares about anything else? I really don't."

On the film adaptation of the CR?E's 2002 memoir "The Dirt - Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band", which is now on track with Rob Zombie as its director:

"That would be a cool place to release some new [M?TLEY CR?E] music. It gives new reason for new music. People aren't really buying records these days, so it seems like a good place to maybe put something new from us."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1704 on: March 04, 2011, 02:34:41 PM »

Tommy Lee and David Johansen of New York Dolls are interviewed by Nikki Sixx on Sixx Sense about the upcoming Motley Crue/Poison/New York Dolls tour.

http://www.sixxsense.com/pages/mediavault/mediaplayer.html?uri=channels/386387/1202912

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1705 on: March 07, 2011, 09:56:05 AM »

Ehm...shouldn't motley tour with bigger acts? Bon Jovi, GnR, Metallica, Aerosmith, Ozzy etc...

Not wanna take anything away from posion tho, but...wtf? confused

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1706 on: March 07, 2011, 10:03:05 AM »

well problem is, When u are Bon Jovi and sell out every concert by yourself..why split the cash?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1707 on: March 07, 2011, 05:07:24 PM »

well problem is, When u are Bon Jovi and sell out every concert by yourself..why split the cash?

very true, Bon Jovi was the highest grossing act in the world last year, they dont even have openers a lot of the time.  They don't need it.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1708 on: March 14, 2011, 11:55:29 PM »

Tommy Lee Talks M?tley Cr?e and Poison Tour, Electronic Music, "Due Date" and More

Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:58:39

How did the idea for the M?tley Cr?e and Poison tour come together?

For awhile, it's something that the fans have been asking for. When promoters and enough people start asking you to do something, you're like, "Ah, okay, cool! Let's go do it!" [Laughs]

So was the tour created by that demand?

Pretty much! That's definitely how the ball started getting rolling. Then, we started kicking around some band names. The New York Dolls came up first, and it was like, "Yeah, that sounds awesome!" That's how it all started.

Do you remember the first time you heard Poison?

I think the first time I had seen or heard of them was a video. It was "Talk Dirty To Me." I remember seeing them, and I was tripping out, going, "Wow, these guys are kind of like us!" [Laughs] There was something a little different musically, which I remember liking. It was less metal or rock; it was more pop. It was more like Cheap Trick. Even in the riffs, you could hear it. I thought the riff in "Talk Dirty To Me" was a bit like a Cheap Trick riff. I was a big Cheap Trick fan growing up, and that's my first experience of Poison.

Is there any chance that you and Poison may share some stage time together?

It's still early! Who knows? You never know with that kind of stuff. We'll see what happens.

Continue here: http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/tommy-lee-talks-m-tley-cr-e-and-poison-tour-electronic-music-due-date-and-more/8726583

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1709 on: March 15, 2011, 01:31:39 PM »

i think the CT song hes on about is Shes Tight

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1710 on: March 23, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »

Vince Neil responds to claims he is continuing to drink and drive following his release from house arrest.

In the face of driving concerns, Vince Neil says not to worry

?insinuations of me drinking and driving are completely false.?

?Last I heard it is not illegal to have a drink in this city. I am not on probation or under any drug and alcohol rules. I am not required to check in or submit to any type of testing. I did my time and am getting on with my life. If my car is in valet at night, the question is, is it still there in the morning? I am always provided rides home if I want or a room. Do not assume anything. I will not respond any further on this subject. I do not have to defend myself on rumors.?

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/blogs/kats-report/2011/mar/22/face-driving-concerns-vince-neil-says-not-worry/

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1711 on: March 25, 2011, 09:59:05 PM »

Just read how Vince may be in trouble....Can this put the Motley Crue/Poison tour in jeopardy? If so, how gr8 would it be if GN'R filled in to help their ol' Sunset "Buddies" out..Got my tickets already, so I'd be all 4 it!!!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1712 on: March 25, 2011, 10:38:30 PM »

Why? He wasn't arrested...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1713 on: March 25, 2011, 10:41:06 PM »

Not going to happen ever I'm afraid.  Tongue

And what you posted is exactly why, which is that GN'R are no longer in the same category as those "Sunset Strip" bands. GN'R are so much bigger, and have become a legend all of themselves. Chinese Democracy cannot be more different than what those kind of bands put out, totally different direction.

Guns N' Roses are bigger than Crue and Poison put together, and Guns N' Roses have enough going on as it is, with their own business.  ok
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 10:45:36 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #1714 on: March 25, 2011, 10:45:13 PM »

I really doubt GN'R would even consider touring with Poison.

Pretty sure Motley Crue were just forced to by Live Nation since they used to bitch about Poison all the time (personally I can't stand either of them).

What I would love to see: GN'R / Alice in Chains tour.

They've shared the stage a few times recently, I think that would be a solid package.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1715 on: March 25, 2011, 11:38:13 PM »

I also feel that the thread title is entirely mis-leading.  Roll Eyes

When people read it, it sounds like it has been reported or rumoured that this may somehow happen. Instead it's a fictional fantasy, which is obviously not going to happen. I feel it should be changed to a more appropriate title such as "how cool would it be", or "I wish GN'R would tour with Poison".  hihi

I've nothing against you LIGuns, I just feel this thread title is actually indicating that it has been strongly rumoured, or reported, which it hasn't.  ok
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1716 on: March 26, 2011, 08:06:31 AM »

Pretty sure Motley Crue were just forced to by Live Nation since they used to bitch about Poison all the time (personally I can't stand either of them).

They've shared the stage a few times recently, I think that would be a solid package.

How can you dislike a band like Motley Crue?! ..... its beyond me

Oh My God i cant deny this...
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #1717 on: March 26, 2011, 08:29:12 AM »

remember Axl's radio interview with Trunk, the David Lee Roth bit.
"Bret Michaels walked up and asked if he could sit next to us, and we both looked at him and said no!" - in Baz' artful way of telling tales of course.

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1718 on: March 26, 2011, 09:16:56 AM »

How can you dislike a band like Motley Crue?! ..... its beyond me

I'll tell you why.  ok

I'm sick and tired of seeing the band portray themselves as hardknocks or hardcore partying drug, taking sons of bitches.

I'm tired of Vince Neil acting like he is a good frontman, and also acting like he was hard, when he got called out by Axl himself, and then shut up.

I hate all of the damn love Tommy Lee gets, when he is not anything amazing on the drums, and not a patch on Josh Freese for example.

I'm tired of girls and wannables trying to dress like Nikki Sixx, as if he invented glam all by himself.

And from what I have heard from them, I don't like any of their songs, just might not be my style, but I don't get why people love them so much TBH.  Tongue

I Also think it was just damn rediculous when Vince started wearing Jerseys at some of his shows around 03-04. Just because Axl did this in 2002, so yeah I just hate how Motley Crue get all this praise, when they just seem to want to look the part, rather than growing as artists and changing with the times like GN'R.  ok

And just for the record, yes I do actually like Poison better than Crue.  yes
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:20:14 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1719 on: March 26, 2011, 10:12:53 AM »

in slash biography you can see that axl and slash hate poison and only axl hate motley crue...i'm sure there are no posibility for gne tour with some stupid hair band
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: