Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 06:31:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 321683 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1680 on: January 28, 2011, 02:41:54 PM »

Also from Eddie Trunk:

I'm sure an official announcement will be coming soon on that and many Summer tours.

2:35 PM Jan 26th

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1681 on: January 29, 2011, 09:07:16 AM »

Any news on a possible new album and tour? or are they on pause mode ?
Tweeted yesterday
@therealedtrunk
Eddie Trunk
From what I'm hearing Motley and Poison will tour together this Summer after all.

I will lose all respect for Motley Crue if they do that.
tbh theyve become a bit of a joke for me in recent years. I love the bands 80s music still. But everything they do now, music, image...its really contrived and silly.

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1682 on: January 29, 2011, 11:16:22 AM »

Would love to see a Cruefest/Motley 30th bill like this

Motley Crue
Alice In Chains
Tesla
Sixx AM
Ace Frehley

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1683 on: January 29, 2011, 11:36:23 AM »

Tweeted yesterday
@therealedtrunk
Eddie Trunk
From what I'm hearing Motley and Poison will tour together this Summer after all.

Tommy Lee denied it  ok

Oh My God i cant deny this...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1684 on: January 29, 2011, 12:04:39 PM »

Tweeted yesterday
@therealedtrunk
Eddie Trunk

Tommy Lee denied it  ok
Yeah, but that was awhile back and Eddie tweeted the other day that he hears they will be touring together AFTER ALL.  In other words, despite the denial.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1685 on: January 30, 2011, 05:47:22 PM »

Motley Crue singer avoids media for Vegas DUI plea

Neil and his lawyers, Richard Schonfeld and David Chesnoff, appeared 90 minutes early before Las Vegas Justice of the Peace Pro Tem Gerry Zobrist, court officers said. Media members arriving for a scheduled 9 a.m. plea learned that Neil had come and gone.

"My understanding is he came in early and they just moved it up," said court spokeswoman Mary Ann Price, who was in the courtroom for Neil's appearance.

Neil said nothing more than "guilty" to the charge against him, Price said. He was also fined $585 and ordered to attend drunken driving abatement school and to view a victim impact video online.

"There is no preferential treatment," Chesnoff said, noting that the judge ? not the prosecutor ? granted the time change.

http://topnews360.tmcnet.com/topics/associated-press/articles/2011/01/29/139575-motley-crue-singer-avoids-media-vegas-dui-plea.htm

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1686 on: February 08, 2011, 10:41:50 PM »

@EddieTrunk
Eddie Trunk
Weird, just saw Motley Crue playing on an alternative festival in NJ in May with Lil Wayne and Bruno Mars?!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1687 on: February 28, 2011, 01:37:36 PM »

BRET MICHAELS AND POISON TO REUNITE FOR A 25TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR AND ARE CONFIRMED TO CO- HEADLINE A SELECT DATE SUMMER TOUR WITH MOTLEY CRUE.

Tickets to go on sale March 18th Recent Celebrity Apprentice winner and Donald Trump favorite, rocker Bret Michaels, currently recuperating from heart surgery, will reunite with all original Poison band mates for a 25th Anniversary tour tentatively titled "Glam ? A ? Gedon 25". For the first time ever Poison and Motley Crue will co-headline a select date summer tour with special guests the New York Dolls. Although several controversial statements have been made in the press by certain members of Motley Crue vowing this tour would never happen, that is simply not the case. Fans of both bands have spoken and want the tour to happen and both Motley Crue and Poison have agreed. Concert promoters in these select cities state that the buzz is unbelievable for both the Poison dates as well as the Motley Crue / Poison tour. No doubt this will be the rock tour of the summer. Both Poison and Motley Crue have a long history of hit songs, bigger than life stage shows, no holds barred live energy not to mention the two bands combined have sold over 100 million records and have over 24 top 40 hits between them. Tickets for the Motley Crue / Poison tour will go on sale March 18, 2011. Poison plan to kick off their 25th Anniversary "Glam -A ? Gedon 25" tour in Tupelo Mississippi at the Bancorp South Arena Wednesday May 25th. Michaels will then continue solo, playing Thursday May 26th in Ft. Walton Beach where he will perform for the fans & troops as he did last Memorial Day weekend. Michaels will rejoin Poison in Little Rock at the River Fest Amphitheater on Friday May 27th. Michaels will then perform solo at the Hard Rock in Biloxi on Saturday May 28th. Bret will rejoin Poison and Motley Crue Sunday May 29th at ROCKLAHOMA. Poison will then continue on alone playing arenas from Memorial Day until rejoining Motley Crue in Dallas at the Starplex Amphitheater on Tuesday June 7th. When reporters recently asked Bret Michaels if there was any bad blood between the bands, Michaels laughs " there may be some friendly competition but there is no bad blood at all on my part. Nikki and I have spoken several times on the phone recently and the conversations went great." Michaels continues, "Music is a universal language and I am extremely excited that this tour has come together as are the fans, they are truly going to see a great show. Honestly, I could care less about all the mudslinging, it gets nobody nowhere, and after all I have been through health wise in the last year, I am going to try to focus on what does matter which is the show, the fans, fun and personally throwing a hell of a backstage party." Bret Michaels solo tour will start March 19th when he appears at Muhammad Ali's Celebrity Fight Night alongside Kevin Costner, David Foster, Billy Crystal, Halle Berry and Reba McIntire and will continue up until the Motley Crue / Poison tour starts. The Get Your Rock On solo tour in support of the album of the same name will resume immediately following the select summer dates with Motley Crue & Poison. Fans can go directly to BretMichaels.com to get the latest news and join his Titanium and Platinum Backstage VIP Fan Experience which he has done successfully for years. It will be the only VIP Backstage package offered for the Poison tour. For more Poison/Bret Michaels tour dates and VIP Fan Experience information go to BretMichaels.com.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:43:43 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1688 on: February 28, 2011, 01:54:04 PM »

Fuck You Motley Crue.  I can't believe they are going to tour with this shit band.  That is all.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1689 on: February 28, 2011, 02:14:56 PM »

Fuck You Motley Crue.  I can't believe they are going to tour with this shit band.  That is all.

I don't really like both bands, but in terms of music I'm not afraid to admit that I favour Poison over Motley. I've never liked Motleys whole gimmicky rocker/sleaze appearence, where I can just about stand Poisons glam look.

I don't think these 2 bands are poles apart in terms of popularity and following, and I don't think it's unrealistic to see this tour being evenly matched.

I guess I don't like how Motley seem to want to be percieved as hard knocks, where as Poison are just happy being glam/rock, so theres nothing new there.

Even Sebastian has said that Poison need to be admired for how long they have been going. And say what you want, but Every Rose Has It's Thorn and Unskinny Bop are well written and catchy songs. And I haven't got into any Crew songs really, not really interested by them.  Tongue

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:17:13 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1690 on: February 28, 2011, 02:56:47 PM »

POISON Frontman On M?TLEY CR?E Tour: 'It Will Be The Tour Of The Summer' - Feb. 28, 2011

Video: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=154652

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1691 on: February 28, 2011, 03:31:40 PM »

Even Sebastian has said that Poison need to be admired for how long they have been going. And say what you want, but Every Rose Has It's Thorn and Unskinny Bop are well written and catchy songs. And I haven't got into any Crew songs really, not really interested by them.  Tongue

Check out the albums "Shout at the Devil" and "Dr Feelgood", if those dont do it for you, than Motley is just not going to be your thing.  Those are their two best records in my opinion.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1692 on: March 01, 2011, 02:16:08 AM »

Nikki Sixx

CNN shot their load early and let it leak( cough cough ). We?re confirming that Motley Crue is headlining this summer with support from Poison & special guest New York Dolls. Dates tomorrow on Sixx Sense & SixxSense.com starting at 7pm local time.

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1693 on: March 01, 2011, 07:50:32 AM »

To me the best album is definitely Dr.Feelgood! some of my friends wouldnt agree with this... as they stopped listening to Motley when they released that album.

So one in a million here's my suggestion: Too Fast For Love, Shout at the Devil and Dr.Feelgood, Saints of Los Angeles. If you like those, don't forget to check Girls Girls Girls and Theatre of Pain!

Anything after Dr.Feelgood except for SOLA is crap, so dont bother checking that!

Oh My God i cant deny this...
overmatik
« Reply #1694 on: March 01, 2011, 12:18:23 PM »

Regardless of the quality of Poison's music. Fact is that the guys from Motley Crue said that Bret was crazy for suggesting a tour and that they would never share the stage with Poison. So there is no excuses, shame on them if this is true! no

By the way, Motley Crue are rock legends. hihi
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1695 on: March 01, 2011, 04:39:26 PM »

M?tley Cr?e with Poison and New York Dolls: 2011 Tour

Tour Dates:
May  29, 2011 Pryor, OK @ Rocklahoma
June 07, 2011 Dallas, TX @ Gexa Energy Pavilion
June 09, 2011 San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center
June 10, 2011 Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
June 12, 2011 Albuquerque, NM @ Hard Rock Pavilion
June 14, 2011 Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
June 15, 2011 San Francisco, CA @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
June 17, 2011 Phoenix, AZ @ Desert Sky Pavilion
June 18, 2011 Las Vegas, NV @ Venue TBD
June 19, 2011 Salt Lake City, UT @ USANA Amphitheatre
June 21, 2011 Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
June 22, 2011 Maryland Heights, MO @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
June 24, 2011 Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
June 25, 2011 Milwaukee, WI @ Bradley Center
June 26, 2011 Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center
June 28, 2011 Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre
June 29, 2011 Clarkston, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
July 01, 2011 Tinley Park, IL @ FMB Amphitheatre
July 02, 2011 Noblesville, IN @ Verizon Wireless Music Center
July 03, 2011 Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
July 05, 2011 Hollywood, FL @ Seminole Hard Rock Live Arena
July 06, 2011 Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum
July 08, 2011 Biloxi, MS @ Mississippi Coast Coliseum
July 09, 2011 Pelham, AL @ Verizon Wireless Music Center*
July 10, 2011 Atlanta, GA @ Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood
July 12, 2011 Charlotte, NC @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
July 13, 2011 Hershey, PA @ Star Pavilion at Hersheypark
July 15, 2011 Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena
July 16, 2011 Camden, NJ @ Susquehannna Bank Center
July 19, 2011 Mansfield, MA @ Comcast Center
July 20, 2011 Uniondale, NY @ Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
July 22, 2011 Darien Center, NY @ Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
July 23, 2011 Saratoga Springs, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center
July 24, 2011 Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE
July 27, 2011 Cheyenne, WY @ Frontier Days**
July 29, 2011 Youngstown, OH @ Covelli Centre
July 30, 2011 Frederick, MD @ Outlaw Jam 2011
July 31, 2011 Scranton, PA @ Toyota Pavilion at Montage Mountain
Aug.  5, 2011 Tomah, WI @ Fort McCoy

* July 9 - Motley Crue and New York Dolls only
** July 27 - Motley Crue only
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1696 on: March 01, 2011, 05:58:03 PM »

I don't really like both bands, but in terms of music I'm not afraid to admit that I favour Poison over Motley. I've never liked Motleys whole gimmicky rocker/sleaze appearence, where I can just about stand Poisons glam look.

I don't think these 2 bands are poles apart in terms of popularity and following, and I don't think it's unrealistic to see this tour being evenly matched.

I guess I don't like how Motley seem to want to be percieved as hard knocks, where as Poison are just happy being glam/rock, so theres nothing new there.

and a Robin Finck fan to boot. that explains a lot. hihi hihi

Sebastian use to blast Poison then opened for them... Kinda hypocritical.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1697 on: March 01, 2011, 09:15:48 PM »

He's a two part video interview with Vince Neil where he talks about his DUI and what it was like in prison -- conducted by his girlfriend.

Here: http://www.mynews3.com/entertainment.php

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1698 on: March 01, 2011, 11:09:08 PM »

oh man Vince is so full of shit

He def didn't pay his debt for killing Razzle.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1699 on: March 02, 2011, 02:18:33 AM »

The mighty Crue died in 1992 when Nikki's bloated ego kicked Vince out of the band when he wanted to be the next grunge super group.  Any band who record a song like Primal Scream in my opinion are legends.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: