Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:24:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 345742 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1460 on: July 20, 2008, 12:48:49 PM »

The Crue could play as long as they wanted. I don't care if it's a festival or not. Look at Axl, in 2006 he had what? 3 or 4 opening acts?  He sill came out and played for 2 - 2 1/2 hours. Now don't get me wrong, I am going to Cruefest, and even if it's only a 90 minute set, I'll still have a blast. I just think it's a cop out to only play 90 minutes.

A lot of outdoor venues have to deal with time limits because of "noise pollution," which might limit the Crue as the night's final act.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1461 on: July 20, 2008, 01:44:26 PM »

So.. start the show earlier.

Playing 90 minutes for a band that's been around 27 years and has 9 albums is kind of lame.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1462 on: July 20, 2008, 02:03:24 PM »

Playing 90 minutes for a band that's been around 27 years and has 9 albums is kind of lame.

Show started at 5 pm when I went.  Seems early enough to me.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1463 on: July 20, 2008, 02:35:46 PM »

It's called a curfew.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1464 on: July 22, 2008, 04:39:46 AM »

i wonder how long the setlist will be for the vegas show since i might end up going to that one  smoking
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1465 on: July 29, 2008, 07:05:11 PM »

i've been meaning to post this for a couple weeks. it's a review of the crue show in camden. this could probably generate several pages in the main GnR threads, cause the guy felt the need to take a shot at Axl's voice.  Roll Eyes

the review is positive overall. although i'm not exactly sure what he means when he says Tommy Lee played his drums "sloppily," cause trust me, TL was freakin on!

Cr?eFest comes to Camden
By A.D. Amorosi

For The Inquirer

There's so much good new clean dirt on M?tley Cr?e that it's almost hard to remember the sex-drugs-rock-'n'-roll days of The Dirt, the band's notorious, and best-selling, 2001 memoir.

The flashy band that defined the lurid allure of Los Angeles' glam-metal scene in 1981 has recently found its members being interviewed by Larry King and Greta Van Susteren on TV and doing reality shows in which its singer gets plastic surgery (Remaking Vince Neil) and its drummer hangs with high school majorettes (Tommy Lee Goes to College).

That's kinky stuff, but not the sort of rock-out ideal that made Cr?e a favorite of strippers and head-bangers.

Perhaps all the band needed was a night out with the boys - like Buckcherry, Papa Roach, Trapt, and Cr?e bassist Nikki Sixx's side project, Sixx:A.M. Which is what they got at Saturday's sold-out Cr?eFest at Camden's Susquehanna Center.

Tommy Lee did his schtick, breaking out his roving video camera that found breast-baring women of all sizes, and playing drums as sloppily as ever. But it was hearing the Cr?e's patented brand of debauched metal at full tilt that made you smile.

Vince Neil has perfected the high, whining screech he made famous in the '80s, the one that Axl Rose has done a pale imitation of since. Whether tackling the speedily chugging train of "Shout at the Devil" or Cr?e's mighty mess of newer tunes, Neil's scuffed-up howl leapt fantastically above the fray.

Though suffering from a degenerative spinal disease, guitarist Mick Mars generated a fray of feedback and fuzz. He made the plinking guitar signature of "Same Ol' Situation" rounder and angrier, and made the lusty ambience of "Saints of Los Angeles" hum like the helicopters that famously hover over the city, spraying for Medflies.

M?tley Cr?e created a powerful and sensual vibe of spiritual decadence - what Jim Morrison meant when he sang of "fantastic LA."

Not so fantastic were Cr?e's openers. Sixx's ploddingly industrial Sixx:AM was OK, but bland. (His girlfriend, tattoo goddess Kat Von D, was more entertaining at the soundboard.)

Trapt sounded turgid. The punk band Papa Roach was painfully dull, though it had a few decent call-and-response moments.

Only Buckcherry was rousing, with its take on haunted garage rock lined with bluesy, slide-guitar runs. Singer Josh Todd comes across as a likeable mix of vintage Steven Tyler and Rick Springfield, even if hearing that hit ballad "Sorry" was enough to give me a headache. And did.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1466 on: July 29, 2008, 07:10:27 PM »

pics from the show in camden...

« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 07:21:52 PM by sandman » Logged

sandman
Legend

« Reply #1467 on: July 29, 2008, 07:16:48 PM »

« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 07:24:53 PM by sandman » Logged

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1468 on: August 03, 2008, 12:17:22 AM »

ARTISTdirect recently conducted an interview with M?TLEY CR?E guitarist Mick Mars. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow.

ARTISTdirect: Was the intention heading into this album to really get back to the sleaze that's been missing in music in recent years?

Mars: Instead of us doing just another M?TLEY album, we wanted to have some conceptual thing to it, so we tied it in loosely to "The Dirt" [the band's best-selling autobiography] and it is loosely based on what we did starting in 1981, getting in fights, waking up messed up and drunk in strange women's beds, landing our first record deal, heroin addiction, alcoholism? You know, all the stuff that you do [laughing]? If you're a real rock band, anyways!

ARTISTdirect: You mean it's all the stuff you used to do!

Mars: Oh, I don't do it anymore! I'm completely straight now. But in those days, when you're young? I grew out of it quicker than the other guys.

ARTISTdirect: I find it fascinating that Nikki [Sixx, bass] would keep a diary while he was doing heroin. Just doesn't seem like the thing most people would want to do on that drug!

Mars: Maybe to make sense of it! You tend to write in circles on stuff like that? They gave me the quick fix because of my AS ? because I was touring and needed something to get me through the pain ? and when the addiction came I felt like I was on a tricycle going around in a circle. It wasn't fun.

ARTISTdirect: The last time we talked, it was prior to your reunion tour, and Tommy [Lee, drums] expressed concerns to me about your health at the time. How do you feel heading into this tour, as opposed to the last one?

Mars: The only thing that's really changed for me is that since I'm unable to move because my body has become very rigid and fused, it's allowed me to concentrate on what I'm playing more, instead of having to run over here or there around the stage. Just like when a singer runs and their voice wavers, running with a guitar does the same thing, I don't care how great you are. I'm able to concentrate more on my playing and technique now.

ARTISTdirect: So you're not moving around onstage, but you feel like you're playing a lot better?

Mars: I feel a lot better because I can think more! I'm not having to think about everything else, running around and moving around, and I can concentrate on playing. I thought I did okay, but I feel that I'm a better performer now than I was then, when my body could move more.

ARTISTdirect: You had a big part in the writing of "Saints of Los Angeles", where Tommy and Vince didn't. Did you know that was going to happen heading into the writing process?

Mars: It was a different way of recording, actually, because James [Michael] and DJ [Ashba, co-writers on the album] would come up with ideas, as I would, and they would send me the songs, I'd listen to them, and think of stuff that I would do with them to change them. I'd do solos, I would go to DJ's house, James', and in the beginning even Nikki's, and do what I do to the songs. They called it "Mars-izing" them. Having so many good song ideas allowed all of us to collaborate like that. We had timeframe to write the songs and put them together, record them, so on and so forth, and both Tommyand Vince had prior commitments, so they didn't have a lot of time to contribute to this particular album. That doesn't mean the next album they won't, but on this album the timeframe didn't match up with what they already had scheduled. The songs were passed around to different studios. It was a different way of recording, but it came out very well.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #1469 on: August 03, 2008, 10:52:49 PM »

i saw them last night, pretty amazing

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1470 on: August 11, 2008, 05:49:31 AM »

I must say, I wasnt impressed by SOLA album first couple listens but now, This album is fucking awesome.

Animal in Me and Just Another Psycho are awesome.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1471 on: August 11, 2008, 03:35:45 PM »

I must say, I wasnt impressed by SOLA album first couple listens but now, This album is fucking awesome.

Animal in Me and Just Another Psycho are awesome.

i agree. there's alot of really good, catchy songs on this album.

face down in the dirt is one of my favorite crue songs ever. i love Just Another Psycho and White Trash Circus as well.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1472 on: August 15, 2008, 11:38:00 AM »

Too young to fall in love? Not anymore, dude. The middle-aged rockers of Motley Crue are making the rounds on the inaugural Crue Fest, on the heels of a new album, "Saints of Los Angeles." Lead singer Vince Neil, 47, spoke to us by phone last week from a tour stop in Seattle.

Q: Crue Fest plays here the day after Projekt Revolution. What do you hope separates your tour from other roadshows out there?

A: I don't even know what Projekt Revolution is.

Q: That's Linkin Park's baby.

A: Oh, oh, oh. OK. Well, I know we're selling more tickets than they are, which is a good thing. Crue Fest is pure rock 'n' roll.

It's exciting bands with a lot of good music. That's what we bring. And the fans are really digging it.

Q: Nikki Sixx is pulling double duty with Motley Crue and Sixx:A.M. Is he more tired than the rest of you by the end of the night?

A: No. I mean, he's a bass player. He's only got four strings, so he's got it made.

Q: Are you planning to bring Crue Fest back annually or semiannually?

A: Yeah. That's the whole point of it. We're not doing this to do a one-off. We're definitely gonna do Crue Fest 2 next year.

Hopefully, we'll continue it, whether we play or not. It's kind of like Ozzfest was. It's a lifestyle thing.

Q: What had to happen for the original Crue members to get back together?

A: Remember, we toured in '05 and '06. We didn't get back together for this tour. We only took a year off.

Just like anybody, sometimes you need time away from everybody. We've been together for, what, 26 years, 27 years. Something like that. I've been friends with Tommy for 30 years.

Any kind of relationship that long, you're gonna get on each other's nerves. And you do need a break from each other.

Q: On "Saints of Los Angeles," do you feel like you picked up where you left off? Or is this a whole new Crue?

A: It's definitely not a new Crue. Motley Crue could do a blues record and still sound like Motley Crue.

This record is just a great rock 'n' roll record. The last record, "Generation Swine," wasn't. It was a terrible record, 'cause there was too much experimenting.

With this record, it's just straight-ahead rock 'n' roll. That's what we do best.

Q: Is it me, or do "Down at the Whisky" and other new songs have a nostalgic vibe?

A: The whole record is based on our past. So if the past is nostalgia, then that's what it is.

Q: Looking back, do you have any regrets? Or would you do it all over again?

A: What regret would we ever have? Look at the career we've had.

I'd do it all over again, absolutely. Do it five times over. Just keep doing it.

Everybody makes mistakes. You learn from your mistakes. That's what we've done

Q: If you hired me to write a follow-up to the Crue's autobiography, "The Dirt," would I find enough new material? Is there as much debauchery when you're on tour now? Or have you toned it down?

A: Rock 'n' roll is rock 'n' roll. It never tones down, ever. Twenty years from now, rock 'n' roll will still be the exact same thing -- girls and booze and whatever.

It's a rock 'n' roll show, man. And that's what you get.

Q: How about behind the scenes?

A: I don't know what people think. You think people just sit around and drink and do drugs on the bus until you go on, and then that happens afterwards, too?

Well, absolutely not. It doesn't happen. Because this is a business. You still have to go out and perform.

Q: Motley Crue is eligible for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. What if anything would having the band inducted mean to you?

A: That would be an amazing honor. It would be great. Maybe one day it'll happen. Hopefully, we'll all be alive for it.

Q: There was talk of a film based on "The Dirt." Where do things stand?

A: We have really no control over that. Paramount Pictures bought the rights to the book. So whether they make it or they don't make it . . . who knows?

We OK'd the script. They attached David Fincher ["Fight Club"] as the director. It was ready to go. Then Paramount pulled Fincher off to do another movie. We're not in the movie business. We're in the music business.

So if it gets made, great. If it don't, whatever.

Q: You've already lived it.

A: Exactly.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1473 on: August 15, 2008, 11:50:20 AM »

Great interview, Vince had me crackin up

Nikki isnt more tired, he is a bass player, he only has 4 strings.  hihi hihi hihi

So if Vince had it to do again, he'd kill Razzle 5 times?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #1474 on: August 24, 2008, 11:33:59 AM »

My daughter just saw them here in Seattle last month. First time seeing them, anyway she said they were great!!  They drove up in front of venue where everyone was in line in a big limo, apperently with Tommy hanging out of the sunroof, he apperently threw his hat into the crowd and some idiot got it and took it over and hung it up on a fence apperently thinking Tommy wanted it back, a  confused fan I am sure.  ("Priceless"). Huh

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1475 on: August 24, 2008, 06:06:47 PM »

don't get excited now folks, but i might give them another shot hihi
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1476 on: August 24, 2008, 07:31:57 PM »

don't get excited now folks, but i might give them another shot hihi
aslong as its their 80s material or else you are listening to the wrong stuff.

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1477 on: August 25, 2008, 12:16:05 PM »

it's a lil bit of everything, i really recognize "afraid" must be from my young days..

the record i should check out first is dr feelgood eh?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1478 on: August 25, 2008, 02:08:56 PM »

it's a lil bit of everything, i really recognize "afraid" must be from my young days..

the record i should check out first is dr feelgood eh?

You can either do it two ways mr Jon.

The Mrlee way (how i discovered them).

Dr.Feelgood. Girls Girls Girls.Shout At The Devil. Theatre Of Pain.

Then other albums whatever order they dont interest me as much as the above 4.

The fan favorite way.

Dr.Feelgood/Shout At the Devil
Too Fast For Love/Girls Girls Girls
Theatre Of Pain/Self titled (Corabi)

My personal favorite Crue material is off GGG and Dr.Feelgood

Dr.Feelgood is probably their softest 80s album, but the songs are just so fucking good, its a classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrDQyNwVOQg

One of their best songs, not on an album as such.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 02:19:29 PM by mrlee » Logged

html sucks
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #1479 on: August 25, 2008, 03:55:17 PM »

Motley crue with corabi was their best album by far in my opinion. I cant stop listening to it. corabis voice is so sick. Also im not really ino theri new album. its catchy but to me it sounds ridiculous hearing 50 year old men singing cliche lyrics as if they are snotty little teenagers. "i dont wanna go to school!!!!" confused
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 03:58:15 PM by **** » Logged

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: