Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:49:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 344948 times)
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1120 on: December 30, 2007, 04:53:54 PM »

From what Sixx has said, Tommy is not out of the band officially, and that a lot of the media jumped the gun on announcing his departure.

I hope this is the case, I remember the Crue without Lee and it sucked.

where did sixx say that?

and to the guy saying Vince was drunk? Roll Eyes hes been sober since March 07
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #1121 on: December 30, 2007, 04:58:02 PM »

I need to find it again, but it was recent.

He mentioned a press release by Tommy stating that he wasn't leaving that nobody picked up.

I'll see if I can locate the link and put it in here.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1122 on: January 30, 2008, 05:20:53 AM »

nikki sixx latest bulletin, big news!

" 10 SONGS DONE FOR THE NEW CRUE ALBUM SO FAR, IM VERY PROUD OF THE SONGS, I THINK WERE ONTO SOME OF THE BETTER SONGS WEVE HAD IN YEARS...TIME WILL TELL OF COURSE...A COUPLE OF SONG TITLES ON THE CRUE ALBUM ARE CALLED "A SCAR ON HOLLYWOOD BLVD"," AND "THE SAINTS OF LOS ANGELES"...AS ITS BEEN LEAKED OUT BEFORE THIS IS NO SUPRISE...BUT THE ALBUM IS CALLED "THE DIRT "" AND LYRICALLY FOLLOWS THE STORY OF THE MOTLEY CRUE BESTSELLER "THE DIRT". ITS CHALLENGING AND EXCITING TO HAVE TO WRITE THE SONGS INTO TIME CAPSULES SPREADING OVER YEARS...IVE WRITTEN A LOT OF SONGS WITH MICK MARS OF COURSE ALONG WITH JAMES MICHEAL, MARTI FREDERICKSON AND DJ ASHBA...THE CHEMTSRY IN THE STUDIO AS WERE WRITTING IS UNBELIEVABLE...I LOOK FORWARD TO LEAKING SOME TO YOU ALL IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS...

I HAVENT GOTTEN ANYTHING TATTOOED IN YEARS EXCEPT "TAG HERE " ON MY TOE.... I THINK ITS TIME TO STEP IT UP, IM FEELING THE ITCH.KAT'S GONNA DO ONE PROBABLY THIS WEEKEND.IVE BEEN WANTING TO GET "LOS ANGELES" TATTOOED ON ME FOR AGES AND THEN THE OTHER DAY I NOTICED KAT HAS IT ON HER LEFT SHOULDER, WE BOTH HAVE HAD SO MUCH HAPPEN IN OUR LIVES IN THIS CITY, WHY NOT MAKE IT PERMANENT.THE BAND STARTED IT HERE, IVE DIED HERE, HAD KIDS, MARRIED AND DIVORCED HERE.... MY LIFE IS IN "LOS ANGELES"...

PROUDLY NOT SMOKING STILL AND STILL SOBER 7 YEARS THIS JULY.... AMAZING THE DESICIONS YOU MAKE WHEN YOU THINK OF OTHERS FIRST.... AND YOU GET THAT BY BECOMING SELFLESS AND THAT IS A HUGE PART OF GETTING TO THE CORE OF YOUR ISSUES...

WHAT A FUCKING GREAT YEAR...I CAN FEEL IT IN MY BONES...

NIKKI"

html sucks
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #1123 on: January 30, 2008, 09:38:23 AM »

nikki sixx latest bulletin, big news!

" 10 SONGS DONE FOR THE NEW CRUE ALBUM SO FAR, IM VERY PROUD OF THE SONGS, I THINK WERE ONTO SOME OF THE BETTER SONGS WEVE HAD IN YEARS...TIME WILL TELL OF COURSE...A COUPLE OF SONG TITLES ON THE CRUE ALBUM ARE CALLED "A SCAR ON HOLLYWOOD BLVD"," AND "THE SAINTS OF LOS ANGELES"...AS ITS BEEN LEAKED OUT BEFORE THIS IS NO SUPRISE...BUT THE ALBUM IS CALLED "THE DIRT "" AND LYRICALLY FOLLOWS THE STORY OF THE MOTLEY CRUE BESTSELLER "THE DIRT". ITS CHALLENGING AND EXCITING TO HAVE TO WRITE THE SONGS INTO TIME CAPSULES SPREADING OVER YEARS...IVE WRITTEN A LOT OF SONGS WITH MICK MARS OF COURSE ALONG WITH JAMES MICHEAL, MARTI FREDERICKSON AND DJ ASHBA...THE CHEMTSRY IN THE STUDIO AS WERE WRITTING IS UNBELIEVABLE...I LOOK FORWARD TO LEAKING SOME TO YOU ALL IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS...

I HAVENT GOTTEN ANYTHING TATTOOED IN YEARS EXCEPT "TAG HERE " ON MY TOE.... I THINK ITS TIME TO STEP IT UP, IM FEELING THE ITCH.KAT'S GONNA DO ONE PROBABLY THIS WEEKEND.IVE BEEN WANTING TO GET "LOS ANGELES" TATTOOED ON ME FOR AGES AND THEN THE OTHER DAY I NOTICED KAT HAS IT ON HER LEFT SHOULDER, WE BOTH HAVE HAD SO MUCH HAPPEN IN OUR LIVES IN THIS CITY, WHY NOT MAKE IT PERMANENT.THE BAND STARTED IT HERE, IVE DIED HERE, HAD KIDS, MARRIED AND DIVORCED HERE.... MY LIFE IS IN "LOS ANGELES"...

PROUDLY NOT SMOKING STILL AND STILL SOBER 7 YEARS THIS JULY.... AMAZING THE DESICIONS YOU MAKE WHEN YOU THINK OF OTHERS FIRST.... AND YOU GET THAT BY BECOMING SELFLESS AND THAT IS A HUGE PART OF GETTING TO THE CORE OF YOUR ISSUES...

WHAT A FUCKING GREAT YEAR...I CAN FEEL IT IN MY BONES...

NIKKI"

That's awesome news,can't wait till album is all done  and released.Lets hope it's a bit better than 'New tatoo'-The only thing that puts me off that album is the lyrics.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #1124 on: January 30, 2008, 02:01:01 PM »

Awsome news! but will Tommy be there? Hope the fuck so.

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1125 on: January 30, 2008, 09:51:23 PM »

Vince said back in November that tommy was in the band...so i think he would be!

this is great news!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1126 on: January 31, 2008, 03:48:57 AM »

Vince said back in November that tommy was in the band...so i think he would be!

this is great news!
Nikki said in his Guitar World interview that Tommy is out. Tommy is nothing but an old Wigger now!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1127 on: January 31, 2008, 11:58:29 AM »

How recent was that interview? Vinces wasnt that old

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1128 on: January 31, 2008, 12:57:35 PM »

most magazine interviews usually are conducted a couple months before...so I wouldnt think it is accurate now...I think tommys back for 2 reasons

1. Vince said he was..vince also said the album would be called "the dirt"
2. the albums called "the dirt" why would you make an album like that without tommy?
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #1129 on: January 31, 2008, 05:45:02 PM »

most magazine interviews usually are conducted a couple months before...so I wouldnt think it is accurate now...I think tommys back for 2 reasons

1. Vince said he was..vince also said the album would be called "the dirt"
2. the albums called "the dirt" why would you make an album like that without tommy?
That post should be the closing one in this topic, well written..The Dirt without Tommy..NO ok

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1130 on: February 05, 2008, 12:06:03 AM »

Looking forward to the new album, hoping for something heavy here and that Vince uses more of his screaming ability peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #1131 on: February 05, 2008, 09:34:05 AM »

OK, I've got Crue's 80s albums. What one should I go after next? Motley Crue, Generation Swine or New Tattoo? What's the best one? Help me out here. peace

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #1132 on: February 05, 2008, 10:22:35 AM »

OK, I've got Crue's 80s albums. What one should I go after next? Motley Crue, Generation Swine or New Tattoo? What's the best one? Help me out here. peace

I think you should go for 'new tatoo' next.If you can get past the cheesy lyrics it's actually a really cool album.I haven't got 'motley crue' so i can't comment on that one.'Generation swine' isn't a favourite of mine,there are some good songs on there-glitter being one of them,other than a few songs it's a bit bland IMO.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1133 on: February 05, 2008, 11:39:47 AM »

go for the self titled motley crue, in my opinion that is the last strong crue album.

its without vince neil, but its a much heavier album, like drop C tuning!!!

it kicks ass, john corabis voice is like a gritty southern biker type voice. its cool.

html sucks
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1134 on: February 05, 2008, 11:54:40 AM »

mrlee is 100% correct.  Get the self-titled.  New Tattoo is ok, but doesn't offer anything new and isn't as good as TFFL, SaTD, or DF. 

The self-titled is a great album.  It's heavy, gritty, dark, powerful...just because it's a different vocalist doesn't mean it's not good.  In fact, Corabi is a better vocalist than Neil...just not as famous.  Get it.  Don't compare it to classic Crue, because it's different, but it's very very good.

And while you're at it, John Corabi did some great work with Union, too.  If you can get their self-titled album, it's also pretty good!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #1135 on: February 06, 2008, 08:13:08 AM »

^^MC 94 is in my opinion one of the best albums ever! It is a huge shame that it just didn't work out for The Crue at the time. There seriously is not one weak track on that album. Tommys drumming is fuckin insane, Mick is awsome, the songs are just kick ass! Take a listen to Uncle Jack, Misunderstood.

One of my favorite albums of all time.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 10:06:01 AM by chriskon72 » Logged

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1136 on: February 06, 2008, 09:05:18 AM »

I'd pick Generation Swine - more raw than the stuff from the 80's and less hair metal sounding. But it's still Vince and lyrically so much better and not as predictable as New Tattoo.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1137 on: February 06, 2008, 10:28:25 AM »

I'd pick Generation Swine - more raw than the stuff from the 80's and less hair metal sounding. But it's still Vince and lyrically so much better and not as predictable as New Tattoo.

dont you find it to be tame though, and not really very rocking?

html sucks
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1138 on: February 06, 2008, 07:28:35 PM »

Let Us Prey, Generation Swine, A Rat Like Me are some of the most rocking songs the Crue have ever recorded. I agree that it's much better than the cheese they went back to on New Tattoo.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1139 on: February 07, 2008, 09:36:27 AM »

Let Us Prey, Generation Swine, A Rat Like Me are some of the most rocking songs the Crue have ever recorded. I agree that it's much better than the cheese they went back to on New Tattoo.

i didnt really enjoy new tattoo, the songs just felt average, riffs n such compared to old motley crue!

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: