Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:23:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Hell Drive
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hell Drive  (Read 2165 times)
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« on: September 16, 2007, 08:17:28 AM »

I had an "extreme" drive today through the Adelaide Hills and down the freeway. Bucketing down with rain, no visibility, fog, idiots in four wheel drives hogging the overtaking lane - luckily I was in a Mitsubishi 380Gt with good pick up.

The Adelaide freeway/hills is a great drive, it resembles a track on Grand Turissmo, complete with lit up tunnels!

I went to the country to watch the national "Peddle Pusher" 24 hour event along the river. Kids from high schools, schools and technical colleges made bicycle 'vehicles' that worked just like bikes except you sit with your legs in front peddaling. It's great to see at night because the peddle pushers are all lit up with blue neon lights. Some of the bikes looked like little planes or 40s hot rods.

So the freeway was also packed with trailers and people leaving the event.

So, basically happy to still be alive after that one! Rain, fog, extreme amounts of water, 120 km/h.........No problem!

Anyone else got an extreme hell drive story? You know like "and I drove that car home on 1 cylinder and two tyres!".......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 11:05:39 AM »

I like ice road truckers.  It makes most crazy drives, well for lack of words look silly because they do it for a living.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 07:48:14 PM »

Ice Road truckers! Yes, that would be pretty extreme!

I had the honour of meeting an 80 (something) year old (female), who drove heavy vehicles around Montecassino with the Polish 8th Army Corp during WW2. She received many medals for her extreme driving efforts thorugh the Italian Hills!

Apparantly, she still enjoys going for a fang!  ok

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 12:49:43 AM »

This thread is cool for its title alone ok
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 04:17:26 AM »

I used to frequent Parley's canyon en route to Park City quite often. A  5,000 ft climb (or decent) while snowing has been some of the scariest, white knuckle shit I've ever been through. During one drive I actually wondered if I had died and been delivered straight to hell (nice tie in with thread, you're welcome), it was that daunting and miserable.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: