Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:40:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  A small world
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A small world  (Read 5488 times)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« on: September 13, 2007, 06:17:46 AM »

If anyone is on it, could you send me an invitation please ?

Much appreciated.

Thank you

Jessica

Nothing to say
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 05:58:16 PM »

what is it?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 06:28:09 PM »

what is it?

http://www.asmallworld.net/press2/articles/nytimes_styles.pdf

Jessica - once you're in, we trust that you'll invite each and every single HTGTH member, right? 

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 06:57:51 PM »

Sounds like the worlds biggest asshole club.

Trying to separate the internet, so that the rich don't have to be bothered by us commoners and peasants.  Roll Eyes

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 02:27:42 PM »

Trying to separate the internet, so that the rich don't have to be bothered by us commoners and peasants.? Roll Eyes

If you were rich, you would quickly feel bothered and i bet you'd both loose and forget friends.

I find your comment rude and ignorant.

Nothing to say
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 02:43:07 PM »

i started a thread on it ....

i'm on it, but i dont think i can send out invitation yet .... sorry jess Sad

it might be a little assholish. but the community is always helpful. (gets you in great parties ...)

ps: before anybody rants about how i always criticize capitalism and am part of that site, it's only because a lot of people from l'or?al are on it, so i "had" to do it ....  Undecided

« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 02:45:15 PM by Where is Hassan Nasrallah ? » Logged

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 09:40:55 PM »

Trying to separate the internet, so that the rich don't have to be bothered by us commoners and peasants.  Roll Eyes

If you were rich, you would quickly feel bothered and i bet you'd both loose and forget friends.

Indeed. 

How "rude" of me to think that money doesn't make you better than the rest of us.  And how "ignorant" of me to think that it shouldn't buy you special treatment.  If "Hassan"^ wasn't being hypocritical on this one, he'd probably agree with me. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 10:00:01 PM by Al Gore » Logged

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 03:12:41 AM »

ahah.

its not only about money (you see,  i'm on it Wink )  at first ... - it's about people you know.
these people go to the same clubs, same parties, work in the same jobs (beauty, fashion, finance, advertsing ...). that's all. they want to connect.

but i admit it, there are a lot of pompous discussions in the forums about who has a boat to sell, who wants to buy a penthouse in newyork, who likes the latest rolex watch ...
but beside that, if you have a trip to NyC, milan, london, paris, tokyo, you just create a thread say "i'll be in tokyo on the 18th" and people will put on you list for their parties ....
It's a very interesting social experiment, how "riches", when they are together as Al Gore says, have no suspicion.
You get on any normal forum or social community (facebook ...) if you message a random girl or guy with requests or questions, they'll be suspicious, like " who are you ? " ... on smallworld, you can message anybody they will treat like you like a friend (because they think you're *one of them* ... )

you see, you don't need money ... you just need to travel to Milan and Tokyo Wink

ps: so yeah, Al gore, actually, it sickens me .... :/

SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 04:45:56 AM »

Stolat, have you received my invite yet?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 08:37:36 PM »

Indeed. 

How "rude" of me to think that money doesn't make you better than the rest of us.  And how "ignorant" of me to think that it shouldn't buy you special treatment.  If "Hassan"^ wasn't being hypocritical on this one, he'd probably agree with me. 

along with global warming, I agree with you 100%.

If Jessica was as popular, cool and in the "in" crowd as she thought she was she wouldn't have to be asking people on a GNR forum of all places for an invite.

I'm not sure whats funnier, the fact that some elitist pricks made the site to begin with or that people are actually asking others to invite them so they can feel special. 

its like the morons who have 10,000 friends on myspace but only know about 12 of them in real life.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
DevilHatesALoser
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 09:22:28 PM »

Why would someone want to join this site?  If you're that "important" you wouldn't need a website for people to take notice and invite you to parties.  I seem to remember Jessica claiming there were plans to relocate all the rich people to the moon so we all die here and how upset she was.  Turns out her only real outrage (in this fictional story) was that she wasn't invited.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 09:54:23 PM »

it is mainly a way to keep in touch with your co workers when you have a job that deals with international stuff ... then it evolves to an *elite* online community. it's stupid, but it can be usefull. - but don't believe all the press coverage saying naomi campbell or tom cruise being on that site, there are a lot of models and actors ... but they're not very famous Wink -

Lil' Butters - asmallworld is actually the opposite of the 12,000 friend myspace, you must connect only with people you know in real life. it's really not about showing up (for example, there are not photo galleries or so, you only one small photograph to represent you that's all ...)

anyway, if i ever can give out invites, i'll give them to all my buddies here on the guns n" roses forums Wink

ps: it might sound like i'm defending that site, i'm not. promise.

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 12:01:42 AM »

prove it.

send your buddy Rob an invite when you can.

Cheesy
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 02:57:05 AM »

it is mainly a way to keep in touch with your co workers when you have a job that deals with international stuff ... then it evolves to an *elite* online community. it's stupid, but it can be usefull. - but don't believe all the press coverage saying naomi campbell or tom cruise being on that site, there are a lot of models and actors ... but they're not very famous Wink -

Lil' Butters - asmallworld is actually the opposite of the 12,000 friend myspace, you must connect only with people you know in real life. it's really not about showing up (for example, there are not photo galleries or so, you only one small photograph to represent you that's all ...)

anyway, if i ever can give out invites, i'll give them to all my buddies here on the guns n" roses forums Wink

ps: it might sound like i'm defending that site, i'm not. promise.

i hear you, i understand the point of it - what i meant about the 12,000 myspace friends is that its just a ridiculous 'badge' of how cool you are - the same way of getting an invite to this site is.

even more pathetic is how badly people seem to want in.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 03:15:19 AM »

even more pathetic is how badly people seem to want in.

It's just stupid.

The people I know who are successful, at least by their own means, are not sitting around an exclusive MB and talking about how awesome they are.  Roll Eyes
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 11:22:56 AM »

If you have alot of money, house, nice car and clothes and are able to enjoy yourself well I say more power to you!? If you want to go to a "wealthy" site or join a country club good for you, I'm happy for you.? I hope everyone here, one day will to be able to live w/o the headache of living check to check and still being short.? I could care less about my neighbors wealth and belongings as a matter of fact I'm happy for him.  As for small world it's a new fad and for thoughs able to belong well have fun.  It has nothing to do with me.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 01:14:26 PM »

If you have alot of money, house, nice car and clothes and are able to enjoy yourself well I say more power to you!? If you want to go to a "wealthy" site or join a country club good for you, I'm happy for you.? I hope everyone here, one day will to be able to live w/o the headache of living check to check and still being short.? I could care less about my neighbors wealth and belongings as a matter of fact I'm happy for him.  As for small world it's a new fad and for thoughs able to belong well have fun.  It has nothing to do with me.

it's not about money ... i couldnt care less about money, i dont even use what i have, i'm out playing soccer and tennis all weekend Smiley

JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2007, 09:24:49 PM »

If you have alot of money, house, nice car and clothes and are able to enjoy yourself well I say more power to you!? If you want to go to a "wealthy" site or join a country club good for you, I'm happy for you.? I hope everyone here, one day will to be able to live w/o the headache of living check to check and still being short.? I could care less about my neighbors wealth and belongings as a matter of fact I'm happy for him.? As for small world it's a new fad and for thoughs able to belong well have fun.? It has nothing to do with me.

it's not about money ... i couldnt care less about money, i dont even use what i have, i'm out playing soccer and tennis all weekend Smiley
I'm glad you can enjoy yourself.? It makes no difference about what anyone has, if they've earned it and have the time to enjoy themselves, then God Bless.? I'm happy for you.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 04:27:30 AM »

If you have alot of money, house, nice car and clothes and are able to enjoy yourself well I say more power to you!? If you want to go to a "wealthy" site or join a country club good for you, I'm happy for you.? I hope everyone here, one day will to be able to live w/o the headache of living check to check and still being short.? I could care less about my neighbors wealth and belongings as a matter of fact I'm happy for him.? As for small world it's a new fad and for thoughs able to belong well have fun.? It has nothing to do with me.

I'm glad you can enjoy yourself.? It makes no difference about what anyone has, if they've earned it and have the time to enjoy themselves, then God Bless.? I'm happy for you.

man, now people will think i have money, when i dont ! grrrrrrrrrrr.....
god bless ? god ain't nothing to do here Wink

by the way,

anybody plays tennis here?

JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 10:24:15 AM »

^^ ^^I'm not saying you personally have great wealth.? How could I know?? In general if people do, why should I care?? If someone has enough to be comfortable and at a young age, I say good for them.? As for myself if you grow up with nothing and at 45 I can probably retire I say I was blessed but I also suffered through real rough times too.? I thank God I have what I have and I made it to 45.? That's my own belief though.

? ?I've played tennis but for fun.? I'm not of a real tennis build.? My sis-in law has won 40 and over championships before.? She said I hit the ball too hard and is scared to come close on the net when we would play but she would usually beat me on my weakness.? I find some of these young guys and girls playing now amazing on how fast they play and how fast their serving but after 30ish your on the downside of your career?

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: