Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:23:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Radio Frequencies Help Burn Salt Water
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Radio Frequencies Help Burn Salt Water  (Read 4501 times)
SLCPUNK
« on: September 12, 2007, 02:05:58 AM »

ERIE, Pa. - An Erie cancer researcher has found a way to burn salt water, a novel invention that is being touted by one chemist as the "most remarkable" water science discovery in a century.

John Kanzius happened upon the discovery accidentally when he tried to desalinate seawater with a radio-frequency generator he developed to treat cancer. He discovered that as long as the salt water was exposed to the radio frequencies, it would burn.

The discovery has scientists excited by the prospect of using salt water, the most abundant resource on earth, as a fuel.

Rustum Roy, a Penn State University chemist, has held demonstrations at his State College lab to confirm his own observations.

The radio frequencies act to weaken the bonds between the elements that make up salt water, releasing the hydrogen, Roy said. Once ignited, the hydrogen will burn as long as it is exposed to the frequencies, he said.

The discovery is "the most remarkable in water science in 100 years," Roy said.

"This is the most abundant element in the world. It is everywhere," Roy said. "Seeing it burn gives me the chills."

Roy will meet this week with officials from the Department of Energy and the Department of Defense to try to obtain research funding.

The scientists want to find out whether the energy output from the burning hydrogen ? which reached a heat of more than 3,000 degrees Fahrenheit ? would be enough to power a car or other heavy machinery.

"We will get our ideas together and check this out and see where it leads," Roy said. "The potential is huge."
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 03:38:05 AM »

This is all over the news now, right?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 07:39:13 AM »

This is all over the news now, right?

Yeah kinda weird.. I get local erie stations, and this was initally there quite a while ago... Now I see it all over..

Awesome tho  ok
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 07:46:05 AM »

hmm how long before this guy turns into the next Stanley Meyer  Roll Eyes
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 07:53:31 AM »

now that's gonna be interesting.
imagine... you get one of those things... point it at the sea... light it up... and next thing you know... you have an instant fish barbecue.
great way to solve world hunger Smiley

I wonder if you could make ice burn as well Smiley

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 01:03:47 PM »

now that's gonna be interesting.
imagine... you get one of those things... point it at the sea... light it up... and next thing you know... you have an instant fish barbecue.
great way to solve world hunger Smiley

I wonder if you could make ice burn as well Smiley

i thought the same thing, how will the military use this to their advantage.  nice way to blow up/damage some countries navy.  put one of these on a satellite and throw another air craft carrier on the barbie!!!   Undecided

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 01:36:25 PM »

since someone already invented a engine which runs on water, but he died before finished so one of the oil companies bought it and are keeping it until they have made all the money they can on fuel.

im guessing this guy wil lget bought out also.

html sucks
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 04:00:29 PM »

So if we can convince Manbearpig to swim in the ocean...we can set the oceans on fire and kill him!  Hooray, I'm going to kill Manbearpig! 

I'm super, super serial.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 04:20:10 PM »

since someone already invented a engine which runs on water, but he died before finished

well, thats convenient. sounds like someone wanted him gone.  hihi
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 06:52:53 PM »

I'll reserve judgement untill I see something published.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 07:44:35 PM »

If true, and if it can fuel cars, then this is probably the single greatest invention/discovery since the Car itself.  Imagine if they could run a power plant on salt water.  Pretty cool if its true.
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 07:57:36 PM »

meh........well it is a very remarkable advancement..........but my question is, how is an engine going to function with all that salt gumming her up? I guess gumming up is not the proper statement.... how about being imbeded intot he engine causing insanely high friction and destroying its self.......... best bet from me is that refining the technology to create a more efficient hydrogen extraction process for use with fuel cell vehicles.... that way big oil can cornor the market too Tongue

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 08:15:24 PM »

What is the by products. H, O, Na, Cl, N, and C can produce some very nasty stuff.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 08:27:36 PM »

What is the by products. H, O, Na, Cl, N, and C can produce some very nasty stuff.

Dude, focus on the possibilities.  This could affect the entire world in such as positive way.  Why look at all the potential negatives at this point?
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 08:41:11 PM »

since someone already invented a engine which runs on water, but he died before finished so one of the oil companies bought it and are keeping it until they have made all the money they can on fuel.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What's your source buddy?

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 08:56:43 PM »

meh........well it is a very remarkable advancement..........but my question is, how is an engine going to function with all that salt gumming her up? I guess gumming up is not the proper statement.... how about being imbeded intot he engine causing insanely high friction and destroying its self.......... best bet from me is that refining the technology to create a more efficient hydrogen extraction process for use with fuel cell vehicles.... that way big oil can cornor the market too Tongue

Well I'm more concerned about producing energy than how it will function in an auto.

I'd also think it may operate slightly different than our current combustion automobile. Just a hunch...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 08:58:56 PM »

rofl rofl rofl rofl

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What's your source buddy?

It wasn't a Delorean by chance?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 09:13:20 PM »

Dude, focus on the possibilities. This could affect the entire world in such as positive way. Why look at all the potential negatives at this point?

Dissociation of water is an area of research that has been ongoing for years. There are some promising avenues, however, I would like to see a paper for this research before I speculate as to the possibilities. It could turn out to be the salvation for the energy woes we all now face, but I doubt it. Perpeptual energy cannot happen, it takes energy to extract energy. How many watts are used to produce 1 joule? I'm sure you remember the simple experiments in lab that produced H and O from salt water; it is not that hard to do, but it is not economically feasible to produce energy by that method. However, I am intrigued by this story.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 09:28:54 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

SLCPUNK
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 09:20:42 PM »

Dissociation of water is an area of research that has been ongoing for years. There is some promising avenues, however, I would like to see a paper for this reseach before I speculate as to the possibilities.

Gargling salt water will prevent strep throat.

You can put that in your column dude.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 09:28:28 AM »

What kind of paper proof do you guys need?? Havent you seen the video??
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: