Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:29:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Where Were You Today in 01
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where Were You Today in 01  (Read 10551 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« on: September 11, 2007, 01:24:27 PM »

A couple of minutes after 9:00am(1400UT), I was sitting outside an Office building in Louisville Ky off Newburg Rd. when I heard the news.  RIP

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 01:28:14 PM »

I was just getting to school and heard people in the halls talking about it. thought it was just a joke or something till I got to class and so it on the new.

RIP to all those souls lost in that tragic senseless attack.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 01:34:33 PM »

In my apartment about 45 blocks away from it... I was 11...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 01:43:31 PM »

i was at school getting lunch when i first heard it

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 01:45:11 PM »

I was in school.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 01:48:14 PM »

I was just getting ready for school and was channel surfing in my living room...
when I saw what had happened.... I ended up sending sms all over the place. ended up skipping school that day, playing pool and watching the news in the bar.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 01:54:58 PM »

? I remember standing off the runway at JFK taking some measurments and seeing a flame and smoke from the trade center area and then seeing the blast from the second plane. ?As we were just watching, we were then notified by the PA and FAA that the airport was closed and to leave. ?My phone rang and I was called to the city and told what had happened. ?I was in disbelief. ?I remember being very calm but also very angry, knowing that we were attacked and so many people were killed. ?I would later find out that I lost over 50 people that were friends or co-workers.

I will never forget and remember everyday. ?God Bless all thoughs lost that day and since as a result.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 02:30:06 PM »

I was getting my hair cut when I heard....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 02:51:48 PM »

I was at home sleeping.  I had taken a sick day from school about 2 hours before.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 02:54:24 PM »

8th grade, on the way to school, smoked 3 joints at the park n' went into Art class. And was laughing 'cause the teacher was crying and I was high. Didn't care then, don't really care now.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 03:21:25 PM »

I was at my first year of university when I was able to see the first TV images.

We were all shocked at the class, but I remember there were a lot of different versions about what had happened.

We spent all the class talking about this. We all were aware about the Twin Towers, but none of us knew about the Pentagon.

That was a really sad day for humanity. We, in Argentina, have had two very big terrorist atacks, both against jewish institutions. But we were until that moment unable to think about a terrorist attack with that insane number of deaths, because in these two terrorist attacks together in Argentina the number of deaths was around 120...not 3000!

God bless the souls of all the people who died in that terrorist attack. I do not agree with a lot of things that USA and its executive branch does all over the world, specially in middle east, but 9/11 was one of the most terrible moments in the history of humanity and I hope these kind of things never occur again. Never.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 04:02:32 PM »

8th grade, on the way to school, smoked 3 joints at the park n' went into Art class. And was laughing 'cause the teacher was crying and I was high. Didn't care then, don't really care now.

What the hell?

Dude - FUCK YOU.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 04:05:12 PM by BurningHills » Logged

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 04:14:26 PM »

What the hell?

Dude - FUCK YOU.

relax - if ever someone was trying to be ''generation x'', then thats it

dont rise to the bait, he's obviously desperate for validation

Quick! To the bandwagon!
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 04:16:17 PM »

What the hell?

Dude - FUCK YOU.

relax - if ever someone was trying to be ''generation x'', then thats it

dont rise to the bait, he's obviously desperate for validation

He's being an ignorant cunt.

That's about it.

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 04:27:58 PM »

What the hell?

Dude - FUCK YOU.

Alright. Smiley Let's see, it didn't affect me period, I'm sick of hearin' about it. To those who lost someone, sorry for your losses. As for me, I didn't lose anyone, know anyone who was there, and I don't feel that I should care all that much about something that didn't affect me at all. I'm just bein' honest. Sure, it was a tragedy but at the same time it was a wake up call to America that we're not untouchable like most think/thought.

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 04:31:28 PM »

What the hell?

Dude - FUCK YOU.

Alright. Smiley Let's see, it didn't affect me period, I'm sick of hearin' about it. To those who lost someone, sorry for your losses. As for me, I didn't lose anyone, know anyone who was there, and I don't feel that I should care all that much about something that didn't affect me at all. I'm just bein' honest. Sure, it was a tragedy but at the same time it was a wake up call to America that we're not untouchable like most think/thought.

I didn't personally know anyone that was lost either, but it doesn't stop me from praying for those that were lost or from being affected by it.

It's called showing compassion - maybe you've heard of it.

Put the fucking drugs down - that might be a start.

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 04:37:06 PM »

What the hell?

Dude - FUCK YOU.

I didn't personally know anyone that was lost either, but it doesn't stop me from praying for those that were lost or from being affected by it.

It's called showing compassion - maybe you've heard of it.

Put the fucking drugs down - that might be a start.

I'm off drugs, have been for about 4 months or so now. The only reason I was laughing at the teacher was 'cause I was high, I didn't know 'bout the attacks 'till I got home.

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 04:48:01 PM »

BH, its a little different for us that weren't even 13, let alone 10 at the time. We honestly weren't old enough to care, and even now it seems as irrelevant to every day life as the war in vietnam. Its all perspective dude, sure it was an important historical event, but it just doesn't affect us, especially after spending all my teenage years hearing about it.
VIP

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 04:53:42 PM »

I was 12 years old, at home from school eating cookies and playing guitar.
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 04:59:28 PM »

What the hell?

Dude - FUCK YOU.

The repercussion effect you and everybody in American, even if you don't realize it.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: