Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:17:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FALSE: "daily star" (yes I know...) -album in 2008 at the earliest
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FALSE: "daily star" (yes I know...) -album in 2008 at the earliest  (Read 35154 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2007, 04:13:29 PM »

So people get provoked by me setting the record straight and stating this "story" is bullshit.

But when these "newspapers" write lies, that's no big deal....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2007, 04:17:05 PM »

So people get provoked by me setting the record straight and stating this "story" is bullshit.

But when these "newspapers" write lies, that's no big deal....

/jarmo

yeah ok continue to be pissed at me. i know what im saying and i think its quite clear. and some of the dumbasses here dont know what to believe.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2007, 04:20:37 PM »

partially because its you...yes....if it was Mysteron....i doubt many would get so worked up over this....

actually, the fault for this argument and its resultant fan behavior lies within these "fan communities" and their administration.....for years, every single admin on pretty much every single decent gnr fan forum would not allow a statement such as the one you made to be posted without a "concrete" proof....they would delete it immediately without a proof of source....its a culture which fostered itself during the "silent years" of gnr....to eliminate gossip and limit rumor spreading....

so...people are just used to it now....no one wants to believe anything without a "link" to a statement.....

terribly naive at times....but its our own fault....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2007, 04:32:21 PM »

Just a question, how in the hell does one prove a negative? ... something that never happened. I call bullshit.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2007, 04:38:50 PM »

People from GNR camp post here. Isn't it a conclusive proof?

elimir, I'd say those people rather smell of jealousy.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »

yeah ok continue to be pissed at me. i know what im saying and i think its quite clear. and some of the dumbasses here dont know what to believe.

I'm not.

I'm just puzzled by the reaction because it makes no sense to me.

If I read something in the paper about my favorite band, and then I'm told it's not true, I'm just glad the record was set straight.

partially because its you...yes....if it was Mysteron....i doubt many would get so worked up over this....

actually, the fault for this argument and its resultant fan behavior lies within these "fan communities" and their administration.....for years, every single admin on pretty much every single decent gnr fan forum would not allow a statement such as the one you made to be posted without a "concrete" proof....they would delete it immediately without a proof of source....its a culture which fostered itself during the "silent years" of gnr....to eliminate gossip and limit rumor spreading....

so...people are just used to it now....no one wants to believe anything without a "link" to a statement.....

terribly naive at times....but its our own fault....

I'd do the same.

But I wasn't posting a new rumor. I was making sure this one got killed before it spread.

As I've said in the past, I don't post stuff that I made up to get attention.

If that's not enough proof for some of you, then too bad. Your loss I guess....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2007, 04:41:53 PM »

some tabloid told a lie as usual.
after all I think it's good that it was posted here to get killed, as there're still people vulnerable enough to believe any gossip.

"now we are closer than ever".

that's a fact. time hasn't started to flow backwards yet.

duh...
that's my point. it's obvious we're getting closer....
but that doesnt make it close.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2007, 04:44:00 PM »

if jarmo says its not true, its not true.     keep in mind the message Merck sent to the fanbase around this time last year when he did that '13 tuesdays' shit.   He said Jarmo was the only person on these boards who had any access to info from the GnR camp, and just because Merck isn't involved in this any longer doesn't mean thats not still the case.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2007, 04:45:21 PM »

I was making sure this one got killed before it spread.

and that's very much appreciated...more so by some than others.....but that's how it goes....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2007, 04:46:23 PM »

that doesnt make it close.

then make it open.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2007, 04:50:51 PM »

if jarmo says its not true, its not true.     keep in mind the message Merck sent to the fanbase around this time last year when he did that '13 tuesdays' shit.   He said Jarmo was the only person on these boards who had any access to info from the GnR camp, and just because Merck isn't involved in this any longer doesn't mean thats not still the case.

Why such a fuss over it though? Why did anyone believe it in the first place?

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2007, 04:52:34 PM »

that doesnt make it close.

then make it open.

Do you write your own material?

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2007, 04:54:50 PM »

Well If the Daily Star said it has to be true - dont it? ?Roll Eyes Lets Be honest they are just second Guessing about Chinese Democracy Release date We all know what they are thinking Its Late on Saturday Evening they are desperate for a 'news' story and Sombody then thinks Chinese Democracy STILL hasnt been released then starts to think "A Tentative release date given by Axl has come and gone. September 17th A Unoffical release date given by online retailers is nearly upon us with no news. theres only 3 months left in 2007. Judging by Guns N Roses previous form 3 months is not a long enough timeframe to put this Masterpiece out, I know let's put an article in the paper saying the album's going to come out in 2008"

As for myself I personally dont think it will be released this year now, but untill there is an offical statement from Axl its all just speculation regarding a release date.
 And do we really want Chinese Democracy to be released? I mean can you imagine this forum? How boring it will be?? there will be no bitching at anyone,No Insults flying around about paying Girls to strip for them and finally nobody talking about having a right hand (or a left hand) for a girlfriend ?Wink
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 04:57:06 PM by DarrenLeves » Logged
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2007, 05:00:32 PM »

I don't get.. most of the time, certain people accuse jarmo of being all tight and in with Gn'R management. ?And now, people are demanding proof on whether he asked them a simple question that many other people here could also simply ask to get a simple answer... wtf?

If anyone here, who has been around any decent amount of time, is demanding that jarmo present proof for him unequivocally stating that a known bullshit-mag published a small story that is completely false, then they're clearly out of touch with reality.

If you'll recall, awhile back a story like this would have been getting people worked up for many days (or at least many hours) until it finally died out. ?Now, we have immediate confirmation that it's false. ? There is nothing to complain about how this was handled.

Some people drown in their own cynicism and try to demand everyone else do the same so we can all share their unhappiness with how unfortunate their lives have been since Chinese Democracy has not yet been released.? ?Wink? peace
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 05:03:03 PM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2007, 05:10:04 PM »

actually it's a notorious bullshit tabloid, which just put words into axl's mouth.
Too bad they have quite a few readers. Undecided

Do you write your own material?

Huh I don't get what you're trying to say. does it anything to do with the thread?
Deniz
Headliner

I'll just end up walking in the cold november rain

« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2007, 05:45:25 PM »

Opinion: Although i don't think those were Axl's words, the title of this thread seems correct.

How many tuesdays is there by the end of the year again? I mean C'mon.

Axl:When did you see me overreact
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2007, 05:56:20 PM »

How many tuesdays is there by the end of the year again? I mean C'mon.

Again? whether 15 tuesdays or 150, all the same. One  is enough.
subsy from mygnr
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2007, 06:06:50 PM »

Christ - Some fo you give Jarmo a hard time?

He's obviously had contact with Axl (I'm guessing via Beta?). What more proof are you looking for??

Anyway, anyone based in the UK would have seen "Sunday Star" and guessed the strengh of the story.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2007, 07:09:25 PM »

we dont need any rumors or confirmations from any newspaper or other publication......

actions speak louder than words.....

We arent getting the album this year. This is getting lamer and lamer . 07 has come and gone.
...theres always next year.

unreal

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2007, 07:33:34 PM »

we dont need any rumors or confirmations from any newspaper or other publication......

actions speak louder than words.....

We arent getting the album this year. This is getting lamer and lamer . 07 has come and gone.
...theres always next year.

unreal

I wouldnt write it off yet, there is still some time....... if nothing happens by the end of Sept then 07 is out, they wont go for a Christmas release!

Jonx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: