Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:38:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FALSE: "daily star" (yes I know...) -album in 2008 at the earliest
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FALSE: "daily star" (yes I know...) -album in 2008 at the earliest  (Read 35195 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2007, 09:03:26 PM »

So one guy is done with GN'R. So fucking what?
it's easy for you to say. you are not the one busting your back to get them the cult status they have today.

We don't need a thread with a bunch of people repeating what he said or arguing whether or not we should be done with GN'R.
he's not bunch of people. he's one guy.

If you're so upset about the album not being out yet. Too bad.

You can just stop posting, leave, take a break or whatever.

Just because you're upset doesn't mean I'm gonna allow you to use this board to spread your negativity.

/jarmo

and you concluded that I'm upset based on what...?!

personally.... I dont give a fuck if it's today, tomorrow... or next year.
I know the worst patch is behind us...
but whatever...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2007, 09:16:07 PM »

So one guy is done with GN'R. So fucking what?
it's easy for you to say. you are not the one busting your back to get them the cult status they have today.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Rirobinson
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2007, 09:25:17 PM »

ive just been reading the paper and in the Hollywood column there's a little section which says

''The long awaited new Guns N' Roses album - already 13 years overdue - has had it's release put back yet again. Axl Rose says he needs more time to work on the songs and the record won't be ready until 2008 at the earliest''.

"It's Nuthin' New Ta You
 Cause I Think We've Seen That Movie Too"

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
estranged.1098
« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2007, 09:29:01 PM »

if the band would get off their asses and release the cd there would be no negativity

We don't even know why it's not out yet and you just assume it's because of the band?

Well, isn't the band that hasn't finished the record yet?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2007, 09:53:50 PM »

if the band would get off their asses and release the cd there would be no negativity

We don't even know why it's not out yet and you just assume it's because of the band?

Well, isn't the band that hasn't finished the record yet?

The good news is that all of the recording for the album has been completed. Drummer Frank Ferrer and guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal integrated themselves into the recordings seamlessly and will have their presence felt.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Hoosizzit
Opening Act

Here Today...Hopefully Tomorrow

« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2007, 10:27:03 PM »

That's the problem. Everything is the band's or Axl's fault.

Roll Eyes

Besides, these people will always find something to whine about. Trust me.

/jarmo

Why do so many people want to spar with Jarmo.? Seems as if you will never win that fight.
I can not figure out why so many want to be negative.? It will only breed more negativity.
Try this..........Take a deep breath.? Relax.....Try to think positive.? You will be surprised how
much nicer things can be. smoking

August 2 1988      Indianapolis, IN
May 29 1991        Noblesville, IN
December 2 2011 Cincinnati, OH
December 8 2011  Indianapolis, IN
June 4  2014         Las Vegas, NV
EstrangedReality
« Reply #126 on: September 09, 2007, 10:35:42 PM »

I also learned that I don't want a board where bullshit and negativity is the norm.

While I understand your concern - have you ever wondered why the band (or Axl) has acquired so much negativity within the past year? What other forum can you think of for a band where people have to literally enforce banning threats to keep people "supportive"? On other fan forums, a troll appears and all the fans stomp the troll and he gets out of there fast. And it used to be like that here and there - there were trolls in 2002, but people were so supportive then and last year that the trolls were beaten senseless in a fashion.

But the situation here has reached the point where almost every fan - bar few - has become frustrated. There have always been "GN'R Trolls" since the '90s who used to exist outside of the Internet, in the press. But now even the biggest fans of the band are getting to the point where they're bashing Axl. You act like these people are just coming here to cause a fuss and "be negative" - but I do think it's sad that it's come to the point where I see some of the staunchest supporters of Axl from the past few years are actually turning their backs on him. We can try to be supportive of him, but I do think ultimately Axl is the one inviting so much negativity. Some of the stuff he's done recently would challenge even the biggest fans. I still have faith in the band and Chinese Democracy, but I think there's a difference between constructive criticism that is formed out of care and just "trolling" - I think some of the people here who do love the band and are voicing negative opinions are doing so intelligently and with care for Axl, but they're still being treated as if they're trolls.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #127 on: September 09, 2007, 10:53:19 PM »

Axl doesn't owe us shit.

The sooner you realize that, the better for you.

You either support that idea, or you don't.

These people are bashing the band and Axl for everything possible. Just because they're "fans" they apparently have the right to do that.

Facts are dismissed as bullshit because they come from the band these people claim to support and love.

Bullshit and speculation based on more bullshit is accepted because the facts aren't interesting enough for some.

Simple words are twisted to fit the agendas of people who don't even want to try to understand what was said in the first place.

Everything has hidden meanings.

Playing a solo differently means they can't play it.

Etc etc.

Sometimes it seems like being a fan means you have to find things to complain about to some of you.

You will never be happy.

/jarmo

jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #128 on: September 09, 2007, 10:59:59 PM »

Soooo....where are the facts? We have had no real true updates that have given us anything concrete. Is it it no wonder all that is ever discussed and dissected are rumours and speculation?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #129 on: September 09, 2007, 11:02:46 PM »

Soooo....where are the facts? We have had no real true updates that have given us anything concrete. Is it it no wonder all that is ever discussed and dissected are rumours and speculation?

The recording is done.

The band's work seems to be done as far as I can tell.

I'm no expert on how albums are made, but as far as I know the band usually doesn't mix, master, press, ship etc. the actual albums.

Maybe smaller bands do, but not when you're a band like GN'R.

/jarmo

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: September 09, 2007, 11:06:10 PM »

The band bring it upon themselves.

They have every right to do so, they can do what they want.   But it's their behaviour that drives the conspiracy theories, the ridiculous over analysis, the stupid rumours, and ultimately the negativity that is seen.

This will go over the head of a bunch of people who I won't bother naming.  But it's true.

Again, the band has the right to do what they want.  But for any action there is a reaction. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: September 09, 2007, 11:07:14 PM »

The recording is done.

The band's work seems to be done as far as I can tell.

I'm no expert on how albums are made, but as far as I know the band usually doesn't mix, master, press, ship etc. the actual albums.

Maybe smaller bands do, but not when you're a band like GN'R.

/jarmo

Mixing surely.   I'd guarantee it.

Mastering, pressing, highly unlikely.

Axl driving a Fedex truck, I'd say damn near impossible.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: September 09, 2007, 11:14:00 PM »

The whole point of this thread was to make aware that the "Daily Star" posted supposed "news" which was mere speculation.  Instead of coming here and whining and complaining based on what was written in a gossip newspaper, why not go challenge them?  Go to their website and post in their Forums and challenge them to produce the evidence proving what Axl (allegedly) said.  And we all know that they don't have a single thread of proof.  End of story!
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #133 on: September 09, 2007, 11:19:08 PM »

I dunno I find it completely mind boggling, how the fever pitch gets, over a small snippit of a rag tabloid, has taken peoples emotions, so far to a breaking point. Just by looking at the title of the thread, and its original post , was suffice for me . BUT I took the time to read through the entire 7 pages, and all I can say is wow!!! And Ive been on long enough to know how bad it felt some yrs back. And the last few yrs, have imo been nothing but good news, sure its fustrating that an album isnt out. I also understand that doesnt make of break me. As I know we had good things, and the reasons we dont hae the album today, maybe fomr forcues that are not in anyway hae to do with the band.

IT was always said if you didnt like a place (Forum) you could always leave, or you could create your own, I did , not so much from things here . But cause I wanted to with a different approach . by doin so wasnt a slag to her or wherever I choose to be a member of, cause frankly I support any that support the band, some places , may not be ones cup of tea, communities, are developed. And what jarmo does has done all these yrs is provide a place for GNR fans, I have faith him things he says. Met the guy and have no reason to not trust in what I think is the most obvious blatant stupid rumor to come on for awhile.

I dont think its fair to jump on him as some have been . IT seems counterproductive as fans to start ripping the same people who have IMO only is doin is best to transmit any info relevant. As the way I deal with my thing.

Just hope better prevailing heads , see beyond the mentality " I as a fan are owed!" something that I think we all know will happen. After being in this game 20 yrs. I find humor , sure I know others can also , and slag the band but in a good heated nature. (Because you genuinely care about them still and ultimately , just are living and will be happy the day you own what you desperately want!

PEACE!

jazjme

beer
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 04:24:29 AM by jazjme » Logged

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
EstrangedReality
« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2007, 11:25:39 PM »

Axl doesn't owe us shit.

Axl wouldn't owe his fans "shit" if he hadn't promised numerous times over the course of the past seven years that he would produce an album of new material. If I promise someone that I will give them something, and then I don't give it to them, I'm considered a liar and a person of low moral standing - especially if (after promising them something) I tell them I don't owe them anything and they should be happy with what they have. At the very least Axl hasn't taken this stance yet, and I praise him for that; you, on the other hand, are apparently willing to ignore his numerous promises to fans of release dates for the album and are happy for him to promote four tours under the Chinese Democracy name. He doesn't owe us shit? Funny - maybe if the promoters had been informed of this last year, they wouldn't have taken GN'R on tour. Axl certainly indicated this in his '06 press release when he said Merck lied to the promoters in promising them an '06 release to help finance the tour. So if you claim otherwise, you're actually going against what Axl said himself.

You will never be happy.

Don't speak for me.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 11:27:27 PM by Russian Roulette » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #135 on: September 09, 2007, 11:26:36 PM »

Axl doesn't owe us shit.

Axl wouldn't owe his fans "shit" if he hadn't promised numerous times over the course of the past seven years that he would produce an album of new material. If I promise someone that I will give them something, and then I don't give it to them, I'm considered a liar and a person of low moral standing - especially if (after promising them something) I tell them I don't owe them anything and they should be happy with what they have.

You will never be happy.

Don't speak for me.

get the fuck over it dude.  he didn't promise anything.  you aren't friends with Axl Rose so dont go getting your little feelings hurt.
EstrangedReality
« Reply #136 on: September 09, 2007, 11:31:37 PM »

he didn't promise anything. 

Axl: "It will come out this year." (Eddie Trunk Radio Show)
Axl: "Yeah, it's coming out this year." (VMAs '06)

Your definition of a promise must conflict with Merriam-Webster's.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/promise

1 a : a declaration that one will do or refrain from doing something specified
2 : reason to expect something
3 : something that is promised

Jim Bob, I love Axl Rose. I am one of the few who hasn't reacted to the constant delays by bad-mouthing him and trashing the band. I'm excited to hear whatever new material I can. But I am also not a blind follower, someone who would agree with everything Axl says and does. I can learn to separate the artist from the person. I love Axl as an artist, and I relate to him as a person, but I don't agree with everything he does.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #137 on: September 09, 2007, 11:33:29 PM »

I dont agree with everything he has done or does, but that doesn't mean I feel he owes me anything.  He doesn't.
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #138 on: September 09, 2007, 11:35:59 PM »

Your right Axl hasn't promised anyone anything....therefore he is never accounbtable and he will always have a way out......pretty convenient. I still don't believe we have had any true facts. I don't care how many times you quote Del James. That may have been true at the time but stuff changes what is the updated version now. Not upset....just curious.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #139 on: September 09, 2007, 11:36:56 PM »

"this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee."

I'm not holding Axl to doing anything.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: