Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:27:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread  (Read 200759 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #480 on: August 15, 2007, 08:57:17 PM »

I long for the days when one could "camp out" and get front row. I guess I'll bring my binocs.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #481 on: August 15, 2007, 10:09:01 PM »

quicken loans arena again  Tongue

fuck

these classic rock bands are really draining my wallet

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #482 on: August 18, 2007, 10:34:43 AM »

I wonder how the rest of the shows are selling? The 1st Toronto show is soldout and added another

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #483 on: August 19, 2007, 09:00:14 PM »

I prolly already know the answer but does anyone think they will play any Sammy songs? or just Roth era?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #484 on: August 19, 2007, 09:59:05 PM »

I prolly already know the answer but does anyone think they will play any Sammy songs? or just Roth era?
I would highly doubt it.  In the press conference they Dave said that Wolfgang had picked out 25 of the best Van Halen songs from the catalog.  I would expect all 25 to be from the DLR era.  They had some great songs with Sammy but if I go see them I don't wanna hear any of that. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #485 on: August 21, 2007, 07:35:42 AM »

Just heard that the Van Halen Tour has been cancelled.  Press conference to be held later today.Huh

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #486 on: August 21, 2007, 08:27:55 AM »

Just heard that the Van Halen Tour has been cancelled.? Press conference to be held later today.Huh
I don't believe you.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #487 on: August 21, 2007, 02:09:21 PM »

Just heard that the Van Halen Tour has been cancelled.? Press conference to be held later today.Huh
I don't believe you.
I'm not sure either but I heard it today @ 6:00 A.M. on the radio saying it was because someone went into rehab again..I haven't heard anything else about it though so it could be just B.S.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
SLCPUNK
« Reply #488 on: August 21, 2007, 02:51:24 PM »

No way man, I can't believe that.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #489 on: August 21, 2007, 03:31:00 PM »

Me either.  It just can't be true.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #490 on: August 21, 2007, 03:32:21 PM »

Me either.  It just can't be true.

God I hope it isn't true. If it is though it while suck a big one........

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #491 on: August 21, 2007, 03:49:20 PM »

nothing on google news yet

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #492 on: August 21, 2007, 06:18:03 PM »

ultimate guitar says they have added more show dates.  ok

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #493 on: August 21, 2007, 06:57:53 PM »

MICHAEL ANTHONY: 'I Was Not Invited To Do The VAN HALEN Tour' - Aug. 21, 2007

Former VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony has released the following update:

"I want to thank everyone for all the support you've shown me during the past months. It's all been pretty crazy, and I just wanted to bring you all up to speed.

"A lot of you have been asking about the upcoming VAN HALEN tour and my response to it. It's not that I'm not touring with VAN HALEN because I'm going out with Sammy [Hagar; former VAN HALEN frontman]. I'm going out with Sammy because I was not invited to do the VH tour. Sammy told me that if I was asked to be part of the VH tour and decided to do it, it would be totally cool, and it would not tarnish our friendship in the least!! Well, it's not to be, and life goes on. I'll still be out there with Sam, and I can't wait to do some partying with all of you.

"One last note from myself to all the VAN HALEN fans out there who will be attending their shows... Wolfgang [Van Halen, new VAN HALEN bassist and Eddie Van Halen's son] is a great kid, so don't judge him too harshly. I'm sure he'll do just fine!!"

A furor erupted online last week after photos of Anthony at the band's official web site were either removed or replaced by an image of guitarist Eddie Van Halen's son Wolfgang, who will play bass on the group's upcoming tour. The photos were restored less than two days later.

VAN HALEN announced the details of its long-awaited reunion tour with original singer David Lee Roth on August 13. The tour kicks off on September 27 in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Pre-recorded tapes will reportedly be used to recreate Anthony's backing vocals on the tour.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #494 on: August 21, 2007, 06:59:50 PM »

ultimate guitar says they have added more show dates.? ok
Exactly, full speed ahead.  They've sold out every show thats gone on sale so far.  EVEN Van Halen couldn't break up THIS quick.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #495 on: August 21, 2007, 09:16:09 PM »

Pre-recorded tapes will reportedly be used to recreate Anthony's backing vocals on the tour.

Talk about adding insult to injury.  That's just not cool, in my opinion.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #496 on: August 22, 2007, 12:19:33 AM »

More dates, is great.

The whole thing with Michael Anthony sucks.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #497 on: August 22, 2007, 12:28:24 AM »

Talk about adding insult to injury.? That's just not cool, in my opinion.
The way Dave was talking at the press conference he made it sound like Wolfgang was gonna take on a big role in the background vocals.  That's what I got out of it at least.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #498 on: August 22, 2007, 06:58:18 AM »

The way Dave was talking at the press conference he made it sound like Wolfgang was gonna take on a big role in the background vocals.? That's what I got out of it at least.

I thought so, too.  I hope he does, as using pre-recorded tapes of Anthony just isn't right.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #499 on: August 22, 2007, 08:05:58 AM »

The way Dave was talking at the press conference he made it sound like Wolfgang was gonna take on a big role in the background vocals.? That's what I got out of it at least.

I thought so, too.? I hope he does, as using pre-recorded tapes of Anthony just isn't right.
I don't think the pre-recorded tapes would be of Anthony, just someone who sounds like him.  Though I could be wrong, I guess they have the rights to use his voice but that would be kind of low.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: