Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:22:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread  (Read 200900 times)
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #380 on: March 13, 2007, 04:04:39 AM »

From blabbermouth (pics of the show): http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=68652

GNR forever !!
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #381 on: March 13, 2007, 05:17:50 AM »

Did someone tell them van halen did runaround not round and round

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #382 on: March 13, 2007, 09:45:18 AM »

No tap, they did the right thing. 

They may have done the right thing, but they did it the wrong way.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #383 on: March 13, 2007, 03:54:00 PM »

I was glad to see Michael and Sammy sincerely wishing that the others were there with them, and wishing Ed well.  Given Eddie's troubles and paranoia - both of which are likely related - I hope he sees it as sincere and heartfelt, rather than an attack in some way.

That said, I thought VR playing "Ain't Talkin' Bout Love" was a travesty.  Utterly awful from start to finish, and just a horrible move the whole way around.

As for Sammy and Mike playing with Paul and the house band...the intentions were good, but it didn't put a positive light on what I normally think is a really good song.  It just made me miss Eddie and Alex all the more.  Like I said, though, good intentions.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #384 on: March 15, 2007, 12:11:45 AM »

I was glad to see Michael and Sammy sincerely wishing that the others were there with them, and wishing Ed well.  Given Eddie's troubles and paranoia - both of which are likely related - I hope he sees it as sincere and heartfelt, rather than an attack in some way.

It was nice to see, and think it was heartfelt and in no way a personal jab.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #385 on: March 16, 2007, 10:55:55 PM »

Im sure there was also a lot of good memories that came back to Mike and Sammy for the HOF induction, not just the bad.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #386 on: March 16, 2007, 10:57:36 PM »

Has anyone seen those NAPA commercials with Sammy Hagar and Michael Waltrip?
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #387 on: March 17, 2007, 11:01:08 AM »

I was glad to see Michael and Sammy sincerely wishing that the others were there with them, and wishing Ed well.? Given Eddie's troubles and paranoia - both of which are likely related - I hope he sees it as sincere and heartfelt, rather than an attack in some way.

What impressed me even more were the comments Sammy and Mike made to the press after receiving the awards (I'm not sure if those clips will be in the edited versions that will be re-aired).  Essentially, they both tactfully dodged questions that were too direct in regards to Eddie and his health, and Sammy said (paraphrasing here) that "fans want a Dave reunion, it's time,  the band is great with Dave, and the fans should get what they want."  Even better, when asked about *all* of them playing again - Mike, Sammy, Alex, and Eddie - Sammy said something along the lines of "never say never, you know?  We all have to take responsibility for ourselves and make some changes - not just any one or two of us - we all have to get it together, and hopefully that can happen."

Did anyone else catch that in the original broadcast?
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #388 on: March 17, 2007, 12:36:36 PM »

I was glad to see Michael and Sammy sincerely wishing that the others were there with them, and wishing Ed well.? Given Eddie's troubles and paranoia - both of which are likely related - I hope he sees it as sincere and heartfelt, rather than an attack in some way.

What impressed me even more were the comments Sammy and Mike made to the press after receiving the awards (I'm not sure if those clips will be in the edited versions that will be re-aired).? Essentially, they both tactfully dodged questions that were too direct in regards to Eddie and his health, and Sammy said (paraphrasing here) that "fans want a Dave reunion, it's time,? the band is great with Dave, and the fans should get what they want."? Even better, when asked about *all* of them playing again - Mike, Sammy, Alex, and Eddie - Sammy said something along the lines of "never say never, you know?? We all have to take responsibility for ourselves and make some changes - not just any one or two of us - we all have to get it together, and hopefully that can happen."

I did. And i now have much more respect for those two than i ever have.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
SLCPUNK
« Reply #389 on: March 17, 2007, 07:10:14 PM »

What impressed me even more were the comments Sammy and Mike made to the press after receiving the awards (I'm not sure if those clips will be in the edited versions that will be re-aired).  Essentially, they both tactfully dodged questions that were too direct in regards to Eddie and his health, and Sammy said (paraphrasing here) that "fans want a Dave reunion, it's time,  the band is great with Dave, and the fans should get what they want."  Even better, when asked about *all* of them playing again - Mike, Sammy, Alex, and Eddie - Sammy said something along the lines of "never say never, you know?  We all have to take responsibility for ourselves and make some changes - not just any one or two of us - we all have to get it together, and hopefully that can happen."

I did. It was first class all the way.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #390 on: March 17, 2007, 09:02:14 PM »

HOLY SHIT!!
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #391 on: March 18, 2007, 02:10:16 AM »

Whats up ?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #392 on: March 18, 2007, 10:15:49 AM »

It's a link.  Click it and see cover band glory...
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #393 on: April 07, 2007, 11:07:03 PM »

Wolfgang Van Halen, the 16-year-old son of VAN HALEN guitarist Eddie Van Halen and the projected replacement for VH bassist Michael Anthony, has told People magazine that he isn't disappointed there will be no VAN HALEN tour this summer following his father's decision to check himself into rehab. "My dad's taking care of himself," he said. "I also think I'm too young for the experience, because I know there are a lot of bad things out there."

Eddie Van Halen issued a statement addressed to fans in early March announcing that he was seeking treatment because "at the moment I do not feel that I can give you my best.

"That's why I have decided to enter a rehabilitation facility to work on myself, so that in the future I can deliver the 110 percent that I feel I owe you and want to give you," the statement said.

Back in January, Eddie Van Halen told Rolling Stone magazine about Wolfgang, "Wait until you hear this kid play. I pick him up from school every day and we jam. We've got a shredding bass player now that's laying down the law for Alex [Van Halen, drums], so I get to weave in and out."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #394 on: April 07, 2007, 11:17:06 PM »

"I also think I'm too young for the experience, because I know there are a lot of bad things out there."

Sobolewski must be licking his chops...
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #395 on: April 18, 2007, 07:37:06 PM »

PHOENIX (AP) - It looks like the first thing Eddie Van Halen wants to do after getting out of rehab is go to the races.

Van Halen will serve as an honorary race official for the Subway Fresh Fit 500 NASCAR Nextel Cup series race at Phoenix International Raceway Saturday. He'll be part of the pre-race activities and will greet drivers as they're introduced before the race.

It will be Van Halen's first public appearance since he announced he was entering rehab.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #396 on: April 18, 2007, 09:43:52 PM »

PHOENIX (AP) - It looks like the first thing Eddie Van Halen wants to do after getting out of rehab is go to the races.

Van Halen will serve as an honorary race official for the Subway Fresh Fit 500 NASCAR Nextel Cup series race at Phoenix International Raceway Saturday. He'll be part of the pre-race activities and will greet drivers as they're introduced before the race.

It will be Van Halen's first public appearance since he announced he was entering rehab.

Wow.  That wasn't too long of a stint, was it?
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #397 on: April 19, 2007, 03:37:18 PM »

About 5-6 weeks.  Undecided

Can't wait to see what shape he's in.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #398 on: April 19, 2007, 03:45:48 PM »

About 5-6 weeks.? Undecided

Can't wait to see what shape he's in.

Hopefully he's sane, if nothing else.  The Ed of the past few years really seemed to have checked reality at the door...here's to better days, I hope.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #399 on: April 19, 2007, 09:23:57 PM »

So will they ever do a reunion  Huh Undecided

Hemingway
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: