Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:24:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread  (Read 201001 times)
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #300 on: February 20, 2007, 06:38:47 PM »

I don't understand how a statement on www.van-halen.com is not official? The tour was officially announced and I'm sure it'll still happen.

VH and/or Dave has an interview and possibly cover picture in the Rolling Stone due out on Friday. How funny would it be if the pollstar story is true.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
guns_n_motley
« Reply #301 on: February 20, 2007, 06:47:30 PM »

Fuck eddie van halen.....

Him and axl should just create a band together. Both cancel tours, and supposedly record music without ever seeing the day.

and when they do tour, they usually go back into hiding after? hihi

how scary is it that we are more likely to get Chinese democracy than a VH reunion??
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #302 on: February 20, 2007, 09:20:41 PM »

Andrew from melodicrock posted this but also made some comments elsewhere which basically said there was more to it which he couldn't post because it was an off the record conversation, and also that the issues aren't between who we would expect.

http://www.melodicrock.com/

Yes, it is 100% true that the Van Halen 2007 tour has been indefinitely postponed. Details are a little thin on the ground and no one is talking on the record, but I did manage to talk to my contact who originally told me of the re-union plans in October last year.
Despite what little has been said publicly so far, it seems there are issues beyond paperwork and contracts that need to be ironed out. Van Halen has always been a volatile mix of personalities and 2007 is no different. Basically those involved in this tour won't commit until all issues are dealt with, hence the postponement of current plans.
I am told though, that this postponement should be just that - a temporary situation that can be sorted so that the dates that had been arranged can be re-booked and announced down the track somewhat.
The line-up for this tour remains Eddie, Wofgang & Alex Van Halen and frontman David Lee Roth.

guns_n_motley
« Reply #303 on: February 20, 2007, 10:04:11 PM »

I know who the issues are between..i have a good source. and its not between Ed/dave... although you could kind of expect it.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #304 on: February 20, 2007, 10:46:43 PM »

These guys are too much like GNR!!! Both with all the drama & uncertainty with an unpredictable element.

Lets hope the postponement is only temporary.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #305 on: February 20, 2007, 10:51:05 PM »

Maybe this gives us a glimmer of hope this is only a temporary situation:

http://melodicrock.com/

VAN HALEN TOUR POSTPONED:

Yes, it is 100% true that the Van Halen 2007 tour has been indefinitely postponed. Details are a little thin on the ground and no one is talking on the record, but I did manage to talk to my contact who originally told me of the re-union plans in October last year.
Despite what little has been said publicly so far, it seems there are issues beyond paperwork and contracts that need to be ironed out. Van Halen has always been a volatile mix of personalities and 2007 is no different. Basically those involved in this tour won't commit until all issues are dealt with, hence the postponement of current plans.
I am told though, that this postponement should be just that - a temporary situation that can be sorted so that the dates that had been arranged can be re-booked and announced down the track somewhat.
The line-up for this tour remains Eddie, Wofgang & Alex Van Halen and frontman David Lee Roth.

For the record - here is what Pollstar has posted regarding the news:
"It's true. The Van Halen tour that was never officially announced is now officially postponed indefinitely, sources told Pollstar. The rumored tour took on an air of reality after a trade magazine announced that original singer David Lee Roth was about to sign on the dotted line, and that was soon followed by a press release via Eddie Van Halen's spokeswoman-slash-girlfriend. Unfortunately, the worldwide frenzy of a VH reunion was too good to be true, at least for the present day.
However, there was a lot of paper getting inked and Pollstar understands that a tour announcement might not have been far off."

And this forwarded to me from a regular contact:
"I work in radio and here's exactly what came across our "prep" service this morning from Premier Radio Network...
We learned last night from a source close to the band that Van Halen's reunion tour with David Lee Roth has been "indefinitely postponed." While Eddie, Alex, Dave and Eddie's son Wolfgang (replacing bassist Michael Anthony) have been rehearsing, their plans are now up in the air. We were told that when Eddie's girlfriend (and spokesperson) announced the reunion on February 2nd, there was no signed deal between the band, Roth and tour promoter Live Nation.
A Van Halen best-of highlighting the Roth years has also been scrapped by Rhino. A source at the label tells us they were unable to make a deal for the planned release.
Regardless of all this drama, Van Halen will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in New York on March 12th.
The last time Van Halen toured with David Lee Roth was in 1984. The last time Van Halen toured was in 2004 with Sammy Hagar.
We were unable to reach representatives for the Van Halen brothers last night. Roth's spokeswoman declined to comment."

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #306 on: February 20, 2007, 11:43:43 PM »

David looks pretty cool now
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #307 on: February 21, 2007, 07:13:27 AM »

wolfgang looks like hes trying to look like a member of trivium.

html sucks
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #308 on: February 21, 2007, 10:36:07 AM »

the title of this thread should be changed. It was never "officially" announced that they were doing a tour, and now there just postponing it to work out there differences.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #309 on: February 21, 2007, 11:11:02 AM »

I thougt Eddie buried that guitar with Dimebag... or was it the yellow one??
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #310 on: February 21, 2007, 11:14:40 AM »

Excuse me . Not to be a wise ass. But how do you postpone something that was never announced?

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #311 on: February 21, 2007, 11:32:58 AM »

theyre getting back together?

i guess eddie and roth are running out of money!

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #312 on: February 21, 2007, 01:49:24 PM »

Excuse me . Not to be a wise ass. But how do you postpone something that was never announced?

The dates weren't announced but the fact that there was going to be a tour was officially announced.  A lot of rumours had tickets
going on sale this weekend but now they won't.

http://www.van-halen.com/

Los Angeles, CA - In what is no doubt one of the most anticipated moments in rock and roll, VAN HALEN officially announces their 2007 North American tour.

The tour will mark the first time since 1984 that original VAN HALEN front man David Lee Roth will perform with Eddie and Alex Van Halen along with new bassist Wolfgang Van Halen for 40 shows this summer.

VAN HALEN fans can look forward to legendary high intensity performances, featuring a set list of the most iconic hits ever produced by America's premiere rock band.

Eddie Van Halen states, "I am very excited to get back to the core of what made VAN HALEN."

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #313 on: February 21, 2007, 03:43:39 PM »

I thougt Eddie buried that guitar with Dimebag... or was it the yellow one??

I think Dimebag was buried with the guitar on the first Van Halen album.  With the red pickguard.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #314 on: February 21, 2007, 04:20:41 PM »

from sammy hagar. sent out a bulletin

Feb 21, 2007 3:24 PM Subject Van Halen Body: Heard from some friend's in Detroit that the reason why the "Reunion" tour is off is because David Lee Roth want's Mikey on the bass to do the tour. 
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #315 on: February 21, 2007, 05:34:33 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/02/21/the-official-word-van-halen-tour-kaput/

2/21/07, 4:21 pm EST
The Official Word: Van Halen Tour Kaput
It looks like David Lee Roth?s first tour with Van Halen in twenty-three years won?t happen, after all. Over the weekend, employees of tour promoters Live Nation were informed that ?the Van Halen tour has been shut down.? It?s not yet clear what went wrong: Just last week, the band released their first official photo of their new line-up to Rolling Stone. At the time, Roth told us that he was thrilled about the tour, and that the reunion could be permanent: ?I have hope and faith ? and that?s more than just the name of a couple of strippers from Albuquerque,? he said. Check back here for more VH news as the story unfolds.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 05:41:21 PM by bazgnr » Logged
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #316 on: February 21, 2007, 05:36:25 PM »

One More:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1552872/20070220/van_halen.jhtml

Not so fast on breaking out those ice skates in hell. (Yes, those were our words we might soon be eating.)

The Van Halen reunion with original singer David Lee Roth ? the one Eddie Van Halen described as feeling like "pure magic" after one rehearsal (see "Eddie Van Halen Says Reunion With David Lee Roth For Tour Is 'Pure Magic' ") ? might not be happening after all.

A source close to the band, requesting anonymity, told USA Today on Tuesday (February 20) that the 40-city tour ? tickets to which were expected to go on sale this weekend ? has been postponed indefinitely.

Meanwhile, Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang Van Halen's publicist ? who announced the tour February 2 ? said reports of a cancellation should be considered rumors until an official statement is released.

In mid-February, Roth spoke of the reunion with Rolling Stone, saying that he hopes it lasts beyond the summer trek. "God willin', and the creek don't run dry, just like Grandma Roth used to say," he told the magazine in typical Roth-speak. "Barring any act of God or Ferrari ... yeah. I have hope and faith, and that's more than just the name of a couple of strippers from Albuquerque."

Regardless, on March 12, Van Halen will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (see "R.E.M., Van Halen, Grandmaster Flash Make Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame") in a ceremony that could feature Van Halen performing with both Roth and his replacement, Sammy Hagar (see "Sammy Hagar's Plans: Beach, Cruise, Sharing Stage With David Lee Roth?").
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #317 on: February 21, 2007, 07:12:46 PM »

Another one ( this one is optomistic):

http://www.vhnd.com/articles/070221-01.shtml

Melodicrock & the VHND address the Tour Postponement Rumors

February 21st, 2007

A new rumor has been circulating that says the Van Halen tour has been "indefinitely postponed". But don't worry - the tour will very likely still happen this summer.

Melodicrock.com issued a Van Halen update in response to the rumors yesterday, saying in part:

"I am told that this postponement should be just that - a temporary situation that can be sorted so that the dates that had been arranged can be re-booked and announced down the track somewhat. The band is unlikely to comment beyond the fact the tour will (at this stage) start later than originally planned. The line-up for this tour remains Eddie, Wolfgang & Alex Van Halen and frontman David Lee Roth."

Also, the VHND's own sources are telling us not to worry and that the tour is indeed going to happen. We know that the date that the tickets were to go on sale has been pushed back from late February to sometime in March. We are hoping that the main reason for this delay is to coincide the official announcement of tour dates with Van Halen's March 12th induction to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

Another rumor we want to address - we are surprised to see that some websites are saying that Van Halen is currently being managed by Eddie's girlfriend (Janie Liszewski/High Profile Media). While it is true that Eddie's girlfriend is the band's publicist, the band's manager for the last three years is Irving Azoff.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #318 on: February 22, 2007, 06:20:51 PM »

this band needs to grow up, seriously. this is ridiculous.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #319 on: February 22, 2007, 06:58:22 PM »

this band needs to grow up, seriously. this is ridiculous.

Agreed. They are making themselves look silly now.

How hard is it to do a summer tour?

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: