Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:03:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread  (Read 201072 times)
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #280 on: February 16, 2007, 10:06:30 PM »

i love that picture

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #281 on: February 17, 2007, 08:21:52 AM »

Wow.? Very cool.? Dave looks so out of place in this picture.? hihi

Personally, I think Dave looks very much at home in that picture.  They all do, actually.  Still, it just seems strange seeing Wolfgang there, solely becuase of his age...I'm sure I'll get over it once I hear them play, though... beer
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2007, 01:27:26 PM »

Roth looks so much better with the shorter hair. No more combover!

Seriously, I'm really excited about this VH lineup.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #283 on: February 17, 2007, 01:52:47 PM »

Wolfgang looks pretty good-I'm sure he can handle it-I'm sure the setlist will be basically the same every night (it mostly has been on the last 2 tours)-he'll do fine.

libertad
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #284 on: February 17, 2007, 04:20:16 PM »

Wolfgang looks pretty good-I'm sure he can handle it-I'm sure the setlist will be basically the same every night (it mostly has been on the last 2 tours)-he'll do fine.

??

The last tour was with Sammy & the one before that was with Cherone (?)

I would think the setlist would be different with Roth back on vocals.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #285 on: February 17, 2007, 04:34:33 PM »

??

The last tour was with Sammy & the one before that was with Cherone (?)

I would think the setlist would be different with Roth back on vocals.

Pretty sure he meant the same set list with Roth every night, not the same set list that they band played on previous tours with other singers.
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #286 on: February 18, 2007, 03:27:34 PM »

Thanks for posting, Wolfgang actually looks pretty bad ass in that picture, like a young Eddie Van Halen, which is a lot better than how he looked from the 2004 tour appearance.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #287 on: February 18, 2007, 07:55:35 PM »

Wolfie looks badass, he's not fat at all.

Dave looks like an international spy.

Alex looks like a hitman.

And Eddie looks like a bum.

I wouldn't have it any other way.  Grin
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #288 on: February 18, 2007, 08:58:15 PM »

The Wolfgang Appreciation Society

ok

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #289 on: February 19, 2007, 06:50:38 AM »

Wow.  Very cool.  Dave looks so out of place in this picture.  hihi

not quite the same without his hair and shredded spandex and glittered coats is it lol.

html sucks
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #290 on: February 19, 2007, 06:00:14 PM »

Nope!  But at his age he can't do it anymore.  I quite like the new look.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #291 on: February 19, 2007, 07:16:16 PM »

Nope!? But at his age he can't do it anymore.? I quite like the new look.

Same here.? Me, I like the idea of a slightly-more serious, mature DLR.  It gives me hope that the reunion won't immediately implode...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 07:32:35 PM by bazgnr » Logged
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #292 on: February 20, 2007, 04:21:27 PM »

Van Halen On Hold
Updated 12:38 PST Tue, Feb 20 2007
It's true. The Van Halen tour that was never officially announced is now officially postponed indefinitely, sources told Pollstar.
 The rumored tour took on an air of reality after a trade magazine announced that original singer David Lee Roth was about to sign on the dotted line, and that was soon followed by a press release via Eddie Van Halen?s spokeswoman-slash-girlfriend.
 Unfortunately, the worldwide frenzy of a VH reunion was too good to be true, at least for the present day.
 However, there was a lot of paper getting inked and Pollstar understands that a tour announcement might not have been far off.

Uh-oh...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #293 on: February 20, 2007, 04:26:44 PM »

Oh dear....
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #294 on: February 20, 2007, 05:01:48 PM »

Van Halen On Hold
It's true. The Van Halen tour that was never officially announced is now officially postponed indefinitely, sources told Pollstar.
 The rumored tour took on an air of reality after a trade magazine announced that original singer David Lee Roth was about to sign on the dotted line, and that was soon followed by a press release via Eddie Van Halen?s spokeswoman-slash-girlfriend.
 Unfortunately, the worldwide frenzy of a VH reunion was too good to be true, at least for the present day.
 However, there was a lot of paper getting inked and Pollstar understands that a tour announcement might not have been far off.

Uh-oh...

Where did you find this?
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #295 on: February 20, 2007, 05:34:59 PM »

Van Halen On Hold

Uh-oh...

Where did you find this?

pollstar.com

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #296 on: February 20, 2007, 05:40:52 PM »

Nope!? But at his age he can't do it anymore.? I quite like the new look.

Same here.? Me, I like the idea of a slightly-more serious, mature DLR.? It gives me hope that the reunion won't immediately implode...

Wow.? The irony of my previous comment doesn't escape me.? Here's hoping it's not true, or at least that it doesn't last, and that things get back on track quickly.

Thanks for the source.   beer
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #297 on: February 20, 2007, 06:03:12 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=67446

According to Pollstar.com, the VAN HALEN tour that was never officially announced is now officially postponed indefinitely. The rumored tour took on an air of reality after a trade magazine announced that original singer David Lee Roth was about to sign on the dotted line, and that was soon followed by a press release via Eddie Van Halen's spokeswoman-slash-girlfriend. Unfortunately, the worldwide frenzy of a VH reunion was too good to be true, at least for the present day. However, there was a lot of paper getting inked and Pollstar states that a tour announcement might not have been far off.

Sources also tell Denver's Rocky Mountain News that VAN HALEN's performance at next month's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony may also be in jeopardy too.

A few days ago, RollingStone.com uploaded the first official photo of the new VAN HALEN lineup, featuring the group's new bassist Wolfgang Van Halen (son of VAN HALEN guitarist Eddie Van Halen). Check it out at this location.

In an exclusive interview with RollingStone.com, VAN HALEN singer David Lee Roth stated about his first post-reunion jam with Eddie, "Eddie and I wrote the songs, every note, every syllable, as if we invented a language that only we can speak. It was an easy, natural thing? When you speak a language that you both created, it's natural to go, 'I know you.' So it was very easy. There wasn't any stumble at all. I just showed up, and twenty minutes later, it was the usual, 'How's the wife, how's the kids, let's play.' When you're born to do that language, you speak it naturally. I never forgot it."

On how rehearsals are going, Roth said, "The chemistry is combustible. There's an explosive sound there that is, I think, perhaps? unless you were there, which most folks weren't, than you may have forgotten. This is really sophisticated, smart stuff. Everybody's at the top of their game in terms of? it's not just intangible things. My voice is arguably better than it was when I left the band back when. I love what I do, perhaps for some different reasons now than I did, more so than I did. It's a privilege to do what I do for a living."

VAN HALEN will be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame on March 12 at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City.

SHIT Cry Cry  crying crying Sad Angry

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #298 on: February 20, 2007, 06:10:19 PM »

Yeah dude, I was gonna say you jinxed it...but who knows.  I hope it's not true.  You don't take a picture for Rolling Stone and then cancel, you just don't I tell ya!  crying
BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #299 on: February 20, 2007, 06:23:06 PM »

I don't understand how a statement on www.van-halen.com is not official? The tour was officially announced and I'm sure it'll still happen.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: