Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:05:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread  (Read 201076 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #260 on: February 08, 2007, 05:20:16 PM »

Well, Eddie certainly seems to have his moments.  Alex just seems guillt of being blindly loyal to his brother.  While I might disagree, even strongly at times, I can't really fault it...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #261 on: February 13, 2007, 12:20:44 AM »

Wolfgang has some big shoes to fill.....................

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #262 on: February 13, 2007, 12:31:31 AM »

I'm sure he'll do just fine on bass, I'm just skeptical about his ability to provide vocals.

Best of luck to Wolfie!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #263 on: February 13, 2007, 04:40:54 PM »

VH was pretty well known for Michael Anthony's backing vocals.
Listening to the bass lines of the Roth era stuff, it isnt really complex, so yeah, no problem for Wolfie. Playing in front of thousands of people every night will be the most difficult thing for him though. Hope he can step up to the plate.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
guns_n_motley
« Reply #264 on: February 13, 2007, 09:23:35 PM »

the bass in VHs songs isnt complicated, so that shouldnt be a problem, but its more the backing vocals and mikes stage presence that will be missed.

but IMO, who knows how many years Eddies got left or if he will even tour again? and with dave onboard, im there..
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #265 on: February 13, 2007, 09:44:21 PM »

Songs like Unchained, You Really Got Me, etc...

Who's gonna man the keys/synthesizer?
GeraldFord
« Reply #266 on: February 13, 2007, 10:21:54 PM »

Van Halen should have toured with Dave ten years ago, when VH was still relevant and people cared.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #267 on: February 15, 2007, 07:51:47 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/02/15/exclusive-diamond-dave-spills-his-guts-about-van-halen-reunion/

Exclusive: Diamond Dave Spills His Guts About Van Halen Reunion

Van Halen recently announced that they?d be touring together with their original frontman David Lee Roth for the first time in twenty-three years. Roth spoke exclusively to our Brian Hiatt about burying the ax with Eddie, playing the old favorites with a different attitude and the possibility of a permanent VH reunion. He also dropped more metaphors than we ever thought humanly possible. Read highlights from the interview, which will appear in its fully-realized form in the next issue of Rolling Stone, which hits stands everywhere February 23rd:

On his first post-reunion jam with Eddie:
Eddie and I wrote the songs, every note, every syllable, as if we invented a language that only we can speak. It was an easy, natural thing?When you speak a language that you both created, it?s natural to go, ?I know you.? So it was very easy. There wasn?t any stumble at all. I just showed up, and twenty minutes later, it was the usual, ?How?s the wife, how?s the kids, let?s play.? When you?re born to do that language, you speak it naturally. I never forgot it.
On how rehearsals are going:
The chemistry is combustible. There?s an explosive sound there that is, I think, perhaps?unless you were there, which most folks weren?t, than you may have forgotten. This is really sophisticated, smart stuff. Everybody?s at the top of their game in terms of?it?s not just intangible things. My voice is arguably better than it was when I left the band back when. I love what I do, perhaps for some different reasons now than I did, more so than I did. It?s a privilege to do what I do for a living.
On whether or not the reunion will be permanent:
God willin?, and the creek don?t run dry, just like Grandma Roth used to say. Barring any act of God or Ferrari?yeah. I have hope and faith, and that?s more than just the name of a couple of strippers from Albuquerque.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #268 on: February 15, 2007, 08:14:32 PM »

Hahahaha, what a goofball!  Grin
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #269 on: February 15, 2007, 09:53:43 PM »

i cant wait until the show starts

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #270 on: February 16, 2007, 10:29:27 AM »

According to a posting at VHLinks.com, Hit Parader magazine (web site) recently conducted an interview with VAN HALEN guitarist Eddie Van Halen about the group's reunion with singer David Lee Roth and their upcoming North American tour. The question-and-answer session follows:

Hit Parader: So how does it feel to be back?

Eddie Van Halen: Back where? I haven't gone anywhere.

Hit Parader: What have you been up to since your 2004 was tour with Sammy Hagar was cut short?

Eddie Van Halen: Oh, just writing, recording. Jamming with my kid [Wolfgang, new VAN HALEN bass player] and Al [Alex Van Halen, VAN HALEN drummer]. My son Wolfie, the kid's a natural. Started on guitar. Moved to bass last year, and we've just been jamming it up.

Hit Parader: Did you know from the outset that you would be getting Dave back in the band?

Eddie Van Halen: Y'know, it didn't really matter who it was. It could be Dave. It could be someone else. We actually had a couple of people come up to the house and sing. It could have been them.

Hit Parader: Or Hagar?

Eddie Van Halen: Nah. After the last tour, I realized that was sort of a mistake.

Hit Parader: What happened?

Eddie Van Halen: We just wanted to play. Couldn't get it together with Dave, though we'd sure tried. So Sam called Al and that set into motion. I was the last one. I said sure. Then we got Sobolewski [ex-VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony] in, though I didn't really want to. Anyway, it just fell apart. Nobody was on speaking terms. And Hagar and the bass player were just using the press coverage to sell tequila or hot sauce. It was below the belt.

Hit Parader: So no chance on getting Anthony back in the band?

Eddie Van Halen: Why? He hasn't played on a VAN HALEN record in years. We've not spoken. I don't mean to slight him, he's a good player. But there hasn't been that vibe or closeness for years. Plus now he's off playing with the enemy. (laughs)

Hit Parader: You mean Hagar? Their band, THE OTHER HALF?

Eddie Van Halen: Yeah, what's with that? They're out there selling hot sauce and tequila and playing all the songs I wrote. It's kind of sad.

Hit Parader: So how did Roth enter the picture? I've been under the impression that you two haven't gotten along for years?

Eddie Van Halen: We wanted to play music again. Wolfie came to me last year and told me how much he loved those old songs. They were easy to learn and fun to play. So we've been jamming them for ages now, and I just sort of looked at Al and said, "Forget it, get Dave in here!" So we called him.

Hit Parader: Just like that?

Eddie Van Halen: No, it wasn't just like that. There were lots of lawyers and things to go through. (laughs)

Hit Parader: Did Anthony contact you?

Eddie Van Halen: No, but my agent, who is also my girlfriend, told me she'd heard that Hagar was trying to contact me. I don't know what the hell he wants.

Hit Parader: So cancer-free, going into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, a tour with Roth? That's a big turnaround.

Eddie Van Halen: Yeah, it's great. But I don't think we're all going to play at the Hall of Fame. I can't imagine us all trying to share the stage together. Frankly, I don't want to play with everyone.

Hit Parader: What about a new album?

Eddie Van Halen: Yeah, maybe. I've got so much music. The name VAN HALEN, the family legacy, is going to go on forever. Passed on. My kid is a natural. I'm going to have him play on a solo record at some point.

Hit Parader: And new music with Roth?

Eddie Van Halen: Well, that's what we hope. We all sound great. You have no idea. And there's more than enough new music. But one thing at a time. We haven't even rehearsed that much yet.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #271 on: February 16, 2007, 11:18:24 AM »

regarding michael as "the bass player" is pretty below the belt too eddie.

html sucks
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #272 on: February 16, 2007, 03:55:12 PM »

And calling him Sobolewski.  And that he plays with the enemy.

Eddie sounds like Axl, in regards to the fact that there is a lot of material in the vault.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #273 on: February 16, 2007, 04:03:25 PM »

Eddie wanted Anthony out for years, I have no idea why-that is harsh words-I don't think he played on anything since maybe Balance

libertad
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #274 on: February 16, 2007, 04:54:25 PM »

Guys, the Eddie interview is a fake.... Go to DLRARMY.COM for details.

Pretty funny though- Blabbermouth picked it up and ran with it too.

Eddie didnt say those things.

But with Dave in RS doing a full interview in a couple of weeks, VH has more momentum than GNR.

Hard to believe.......
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #275 on: February 16, 2007, 05:26:09 PM »

Hmm, Well thats interesting...Sry for posting it then guys

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #276 on: February 16, 2007, 07:07:25 PM »

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #277 on: February 16, 2007, 07:17:08 PM »

that's a cool pic, thanks for posting peace
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #278 on: February 16, 2007, 09:19:24 PM »

Wow.  Very cool.  Dave looks so out of place in this picture.  hihi
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #279 on: February 16, 2007, 09:43:59 PM »

Wow.  Very cool.  Dave looks so out of place in this picture.  hihi

Surrounded by Van Halens, I think hes got balls to step into that spot, at least Sammy had Michael

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: