Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:40:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread  (Read 201155 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #200 on: January 26, 2007, 07:12:36 PM »

Its too bad Michael Anthony won't be on board, but bringing in another Van Halen seems to make sense.  Just hope the kid can handle it.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #201 on: January 26, 2007, 07:17:29 PM »

this is damn cool! a shame about Michael, but he's always been the least interesting member to me. well, him and Sammy.

Mike's vocals are integral to the VH sound. Dave's voice is patchy these days, and Eddie can't sing backup anymore, so the vocal sound is going to be weird unless Wolfie is a great singer. I'm kind of surprised Dave agreed to do this without Mike, not because he cares about Mike but because he knows the value of a true reunion. I predict this tour will end up being pretty bad, just like the last one, not because of the DLR/EVH tension but when the critics start blasting Wolfgang, Eddie's going to sulk the whole tour.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
guns_n_motley
« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2007, 11:11:30 PM »

Mikes backing vocals are a HUGE part of the VH sound. I dont know if Wolfie can handle that high backing vocals
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #203 on: January 27, 2007, 11:58:24 AM »

Im curious to know others opinions about this reunion tour if it does happen....I mean we all know Dave adn Eddie arent in there prime...and with no Anthony...Are yas gonna pay to go see this if it comes to your city?Im undecided yet so I wanan get your opinions...Ive been watching some current videos of Dave and Eddie live and they both seem washed up..Especially Dave...what do yous think?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #204 on: January 27, 2007, 12:27:43 PM »

Im curious to know others opinions about this reunion tour if it does happen....I mean we all know Dave adn Eddie arent in there prime...and with no Anthony...Are yas gonna pay to go see this if it comes to your city?Im undecided yet so I wanan get your opinions...Ive been watching some current videos of Dave and Eddie live and they both seem washed up..Especially Dave...what do yous think?

id like to go, some of us may never have the chance to see that line up again.

html sucks
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #205 on: January 27, 2007, 03:41:51 PM »

I'd like to see Roth live with VH as well.  As others have said, though, it's too bad that it won't be the full original line up.  Especially over Eddie's reasoning that Michael "can't be in two bands at the same time."
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2007, 03:50:18 PM »

Well Malcolm, being that we we're both too young to have seen them, I would go out and see this legendary lineup regardless of their age.  Everyone says that the Rolling Stones are washed up, yet they rock harder than most bands to this date.

If I like them when they come around Los Angeles, heck I might even go to another city to see them.  It's been 22 years since Diamond Dave was fronting the group.  Why miss the chance to see a once in a lifetime thing?  And still, you never miss a chance to see a band called VAN HALEN.  Cool
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #207 on: January 27, 2007, 09:32:36 PM »

The Stones arent washed up though...And Im not gonan turn this into a thread about that but its avias Dave had a few problems and is a little wacko along with eddie....so im just not sure...I guess itll depend when it is and how much

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #208 on: January 27, 2007, 09:53:28 PM »

I know the Stones aren't washed up.  Getting to hear Eddie play Eruption live would be all worth it, even if Dave and Eddie end up getting into a tussle.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #209 on: January 29, 2007, 08:40:13 AM »

is this a done deal?

i've never seen VH live. i hate eddie van halen as a person, but he's one of the best.

i'm looking forward to this show!!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #210 on: January 29, 2007, 04:42:53 PM »

is this a done deal?

It seems to be but with VH you never know. People seem to be reporting that venues are booked, an announcement is close, tickets go on sale at the end of Feb. and the tour starts mid-May.

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #211 on: January 29, 2007, 04:44:35 PM »

Mikes backing vocals are a HUGE part of the VH sound. I dont know if Wolfie can handle that high backing vocals

I wonder if they will use tapes, or maybe have someone off-stage handling backing. The kid is 15 (or so), it's one thing to be able to sing, quite another to do it in front of 10,000 people.

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #212 on: January 29, 2007, 05:23:55 PM »

i was wondering that myself. So were the guys on this radio show i listen to in the morning, "Todd 'n' Tyler", they said they didn't know if Wolf boy would be able to handle it or not. I guess we shale see Cool

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #213 on: January 29, 2007, 05:29:36 PM »

I hope he can handle it. I want to see Dave and Eddie together on stage kicking ass.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2007, 06:31:08 PM »

This is similar to when Jimmy Page & Robert Plant got together & didn't call up John Paul Jones for bass duties.

I'd love it if Dave & Ed could keep it together for at least 1 studio album. However, I'm not getting my hopes up.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: January 29, 2007, 07:57:25 PM »

I definitely agree that Mike's backing vocals were/are an integral part of the VH sound.  I'm not sure how they're going to fill that void, but it wouldn't surprise me if they end up bringing in a professional to handle the backing vocals.

However, I find that whole situation rather sad.

Cheers,
W.R.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #216 on: January 29, 2007, 08:13:57 PM »

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/entertainment/16559995.htm

Give credit (or blame?) to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: David Lee Roth is back with Van Halen and planning to tour.

Roth, who officially left Van Halen on April Fool's Day in 1985, will reunite with his old band mates for a tour that kicks off in North Carolina in early May, according to concert industry sources.

The band had been planning a splashy news conference in Los Angeles to announce the news, but word leaked out Thursday. There had been intense speculation that the reunion might happen after the announcement earlier this month that the band would be inducted into the Hall of Fame in New York on March 12.

That induction ceremony could be a study in awkward stage politics, considering that Sammy Hagar, the on-again-off-again replacement for Roth, is being inducted as well.

Hagar sang with the band on their lucrative tour dates in 2004 and 2005 and said a few weeks ago that he hoped the ceremony would be a good-spirited celebration of the band's legacy. Now he faces the prospect of playing the rock bridesmaid at the public celebration of his band's rekindled first marriage.

Hagar and Roth have feuded publicly, and in 2002, when they turned their public animus into a tour of strange bedfellows, the venture dipped into soap opera almost daily.

It's not technically Roth's first return to Van Halen; he appeared with the band -- which is guitar hero Eddie Van Halen, drummer Alex Van Halen and bassist Michael Anthony -- at the MTV Video Music Awards in 1996.

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2007, 08:32:13 PM »

Cool, I can't wait to see these guys on tour  peace

hopefully the announce tour dates soon  yes
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2007, 09:24:03 PM »

BLABBERMOUTH.NET can reveal that Rhino Records has set a March 13 release date for VAN HALEN's "Best Of (1978-1984)", the first single-disc compilation exclusively spotlighting 1978-1984, the group's original David Lee Roth era. The album, which coincides with VAN HALEN's March 2007 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, contains over an hour of remastered classics from the albums "Van Halen", "Van Halen II", "Women And Children First", "Fair Warning", "Diver Down", and "1984". Highlights include "Runnin' With The Devil", "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love", and "And The Cradle Rock". Also featured are "Everybody Wants Some", "So This Is Love" and "Oh, Pretty Woman". The CD booklet will contain rarely seen photos and liner notes.

"Best Of (1978-1984)" tentative track listing:

01. Runnin' With The Devil
02. Eruption
03. You Really Got Me
04. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
05. Jamie's Cryin'
06. Dance The Night Away
07. Somebody Get Me A Doctor
08. Beatuiful Girls
09. And The Cradle Will Rock
10. Everybody Wants Some
11. Mean Street
12. Unchained
13. So This Is Love?
14. Where Have All The Good Times Gone
15. Oh, Pretty Woman
16. Dancing In The Street
17. Jump
18. Panama
19. Hot For Teacher

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2007, 09:25:54 PM »

I know the Stones aren't washed up.  Getting to hear Eddie play Eruption live would be all worth it, even if Dave and Eddie end up getting into a tussle.

And if thats on stage too then its worth the money.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: