Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 08:08:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread  (Read 187624 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #800 on: April 21, 2008, 06:27:52 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/04/21/van-halen-relauch-tour-with-flashy-hit-laden-sin-city-performance/

When Van Halen last hit Vegas for a pair of shows in December, the group?s legendary guitarist was not doing too well. On the first night, despite his health history, Eddie Van Halen kept a cigarette affixed to his axe for easy access. Even more disconcertingly, fans noticed the guitarist was wobbly on his feet and took at least one embarrassing stumble during the concert.

Then last month Van Halen had to reschedule some shows so their rehabbed cancer survivor guitarist could undergo undisclosed medical tests. But the band made its triumphant return in Las Vegas on Saturday night, headlining Tiger Woods? Tiger Jam, the golf icon?s annual charity concert. The veteran band was not taking anything for granted, either: a few hours before the show the band worked repeatedly sound checking ?Hot for Teacher.?

?We are here to listen to one of the greatest bands in history,? Tiger Woods, the greatest golfer in history, announced to the audience. ?It is my honor to introduce you to Van Halen.? There was no stumbling this time around. The set opened with a guitar squeal followed by a shirtless Eddie Van Halen looking great and leaping out from behind the curtain and into the familiar chords of ?You Really Got Me.? Meanwhile, Diamond Dave and the boys were still hiding behind a black skrim awaiting the grand showbiz reveal. But that was Eddie Van Halen on this night: a player who couldn?t wait to get started, play more and milk each note from his guitar for two hours. He is back.

While David Lee Roth can?t seem to do anything with his voice but fall flat, the man was born to be a headliner in Vegas: Top hats! Outlandishly dated outfits! Roundhouse kicks! ?I can not play golf for shit,? Roth told the crowd. ?But I can ruin my knee with the pros.?

The 40-something audience enjoyed the run through the Van Halen double-barrelled greatest hits catalogue: ?And The Cradle Will Rock?,? ?Runnin? with the Devil,? ?Beautiful Girls,? ?Everybody Wants Some!!? and even the cover of ?(Oh) Pretty Woman? from Diver Down. In all, Van Halen offered a great evening to be old and rich (top tickets were $200), with the profits going to help the young and poor. Everybody won ? which in Vegas is normally an impossibility.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #801 on: April 21, 2008, 09:43:18 PM »

On a side note, the hairstyles are just wacky( particularly the fans) . We really looked like that back then?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #802 on: April 21, 2008, 10:28:42 PM »

glad to see the band back on the road

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #803 on: April 22, 2008, 11:53:37 AM »

what a load of bullshit that way.

Dave Lee Roth era will forever be timeless. and shit all over the synthesized Hagar era.5150 is ok. but thats it.

Dave rules, i preffer the sound of his voice and screams, and of course he looked cooler then Sammy onstage.

html sucks
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #804 on: April 26, 2008, 09:26:57 PM »

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #805 on: April 27, 2008, 03:46:25 AM »

Hahah that Pic is Bad Ass!!!

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #806 on: April 28, 2008, 10:14:36 AM »

Dave Lee Roth era will forever be timeless. and shit all over the synthesized Hagar era.5150 is ok. but thats it.

Dave rules, i preffer the sound of his voice and screams, and of course he looked cooler then Sammy onstage.

Gotta disagree there.While i think dave is awesome,i prefer sammy.He's an amazing singer and van halen produced some amazing songs when he was in the group.Obviously the songs with roth were awesome aswell but i've always preffered sammy.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #807 on: April 28, 2008, 01:09:45 PM »

Gotta disagree there.While i think dave is awesome,i prefer sammy.He's an amazing singer and van halen produced some amazing songs when he was in the group.Obviously the songs with roth were awesome aswell but i've always preffered sammy.

van hagar was not good at all IMO they went from a cool RNR band with roth to a syruppy soccer mom band singing about love...
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #808 on: April 28, 2008, 02:48:43 PM »

van hagar was not good at all IMO they went from a cool RNR band with roth to a syruppy soccer mom band singing about love...

Can't argue with that.

gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #809 on: April 30, 2008, 12:02:46 PM »

A couple of years ago i would've agreed.When i 1st started listening to the songs with sammy,i thought WTF? Wheres all the rockin songs? but after a few more listens i realised the songs were great.Anyway what about judgement day and The seventh seal?-they're not soccer mom love songs.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #810 on: May 12, 2008, 08:50:00 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/

Former VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony has revealed in a posting on his web site that he is currently collaborating with ex-VAN HALEN singer Sammy Hagar and "a couple of good friends" on a new project. "It is going to be totally KICK-ASS!!" says Anthony.

Anthony told Billboard.com last October that he's not going out of his way to keep tabs on VAN HALEN's current reunion tour with singer David Lee Roth. He admitted that he was "bummed out for a little bit" after being booted from the band ? and especially after he was temporarily replaced from album cover images on the group's web site ? but that he's largely over it.

"I'm totally fine with it now 'cause it is what it is," Anthony explained. "There's no use dwelling on it or whining about it. The fans know the band. They know what we've done, and I'm really proud of the history of the band. But I'm focusing on having fun and doing what Sam [Sammy Hagar] and I are out doing right now. As long as I keep that perspective on it, that's good."
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #811 on: May 13, 2008, 12:41:24 PM »

i wanna know what daves relationship with mike is at this time?

html sucks
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #812 on: May 13, 2008, 02:00:57 PM »

I will always be a Roth fan. I never really cared for Hagar. He was alright but just never got into his growl.

Roth has the only #1 single for Van Halen for "Jump". Hagar never had a #1.

#1 singles are so hard to get... so it's a big thing.

I'm glad they got back together, I would love to get a new album from them!

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #813 on: May 14, 2008, 12:54:47 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/

Former VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony has revealed in a posting on his web site that he is currently collaborating with ex-VAN HALEN singer Sammy Hagar and "a couple of good friends" on a new project.

Looks like it's Joe Satriani and Chad Smith - which funnily enough makes a new HSAS.

Chief
Legend

« Reply #814 on: May 15, 2008, 02:38:28 AM »

from melodicrock.com

"Good news folks - the David Lee Roth fronted Van Halen 2008 tour will be captured and released on DVD! One reader Eric, who just returned from the latest show sent me this message: "At tonight's show in NJ, Dave told the audience that it was the first night to be shot for a live DVD release.. I was very impressed by Eddie tonight.. he looked and sounded like the Ed from 1995.. Dave was, well, Dave... Wolfe did a good job, but Mike was badly missed, and Alex held the whole thing together..."
Sounds good to me!"

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #815 on: May 15, 2008, 10:37:48 PM »

I was at the NJ show and that was indeed said about them releasing a live DVD. 

I thought the show was great, Dave was a bit flat the 1st 3 songs and he was also really low in the mix but then they got it together and sounded great.

Long setlist, all the hits.  Eddie's solo was awesome, of course.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #816 on: May 15, 2008, 10:42:05 PM »

I was at the NJ show

Were you at the first NJ show when EVH threw his monitor off the side of the stage, that was awesome  Grin

Anyone going to the MSG show next week?

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #817 on: May 21, 2008, 12:42:55 AM »

Saw the boys at Mohegan Sun tonight.  I thought they were great.  I went to see them in Boston the last time around with some friends, and those same friends thought they were better THEN, than tonight.  Dave especially.  I thought they were good though.  "Crossroads" was a nice wrinkle/addition.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #818 on: May 21, 2008, 02:38:13 AM »

"Crossroads" was a nice wrinkle/addition.

How did THAT go down?  Was it part of the extended Cradle jam?

Awesome dude.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #819 on: May 21, 2008, 06:30:47 PM »

"Crossroads" was a nice wrinkle/addition.

How did THAT go down?  Was it part of the extended Cradle jam?

Awesome dude.
They played it during "Somebody Get Me a Doctor".  Here's a clip for the Columbus show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk3qNjqC85s

Definitely one of the many highlights of the show for me last night.  I also enjoyed Dave's speech before "Ice Cream Man" even though he gave pretty much the same one the last time I saw them.  It just shows how great a front man he is that he can captivate an audience.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: