Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 10:24:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread  (Read 200471 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #620 on: September 27, 2007, 09:51:57 PM »

Did anyone go that posts here?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Chief
Legend

« Reply #621 on: September 27, 2007, 09:53:52 PM »

Not sure but you can bet that most major sites will have an article/review about the show!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
GeraldFord
« Reply #622 on: September 28, 2007, 07:40:10 AM »

From last night's show:

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #623 on: September 28, 2007, 08:04:43 AM »

The first VAN HALEN tour in more than 22 years with David Lee Roth as lead vocalist kicked off earlier tonight (Thursday, September 27) at the Charlotte Bobcats Arena in Charlote, North Carolina. The group's setlist was as follows:

01. You Really Got Me
02. I'm the One
03. Runnin' With the Devil
04. Romeo Delight
05. Somebody Get Me a Doctor
06. Beautiful Girls
07. Dance the Night Away
08. Atomic Punk
09. Everybody Wants Some
10. So This Is Love?
11. Mean Street
12. Pretty Woman
13. Drum Solo
14. Unchained
15. I'll Wait
16. And the Cradle Will Rock
17. Hot for Teacher
18. Little Dreamer
19. Little Guitars
20. Jamie's Cryin'
21. Ice Cream Man
22. Panama
23. Guitar Solo (incl. "Women in Love" intro, "Cathedral", "Eruption")
24. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
------------------------
25. 1984
26. Jump

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
GeraldFord
« Reply #624 on: September 28, 2007, 08:09:11 AM »

What? No "Why Can't this be love" and "Runaround"?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #625 on: September 28, 2007, 08:32:02 AM »

What? No "Why Can't this be love" and "Runaround"?

lol dave would never do sammys songs.

html sucks
GeraldFord
« Reply #626 on: September 28, 2007, 08:59:22 AM »

Looking at the setlist makes me realize how classic VH is the real deal. I liked Van Hagar (esp. the last two albums) but I could live to be 100 and never see Sam in the band again and that would be just fine.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #627 on: September 28, 2007, 11:46:28 AM »

Did anyone go that posts here?

I know of at least a couple of posters that were there. I would think they are "recuperating" today.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #628 on: September 28, 2007, 04:38:40 PM »

A RS review of the first show is up here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/09/28/gods-of-rock-roll-deliver-van-halen-kick-off-reunion-tour-in-north-carolina/#more-3995
GeraldFord
« Reply #629 on: September 28, 2007, 10:00:58 PM »

?You?re going to see some tears when they hit that stage,? said Modesto, California?s Matt Caramella as he waited for Van Halen with David Lee Roth to hit the stage for the first time since 1984 in Charlotte, North Carolina, last night. Sure enough, tears streamed down his face as the lights went down and Eddie Van Halen appeared on the darkened stage, shirtless and wearing faded green Army fatigue shorts and white sneakers, cranking out the first few riffs of the band?s reconstituted Kinks cover ?You Really Got Me.? By the time Roth came out, wearing tight black leather pants, a polka-dotted shirt and white sports jacket with gaudy black embroidery, Caramella was in fist-pumping ecstasy. ?These guys are my heroes,? he shouted over the din, ?the gods of rock & roll.?

(Click here for photos from this show.)

And for more than two hours, the gods delivered. From ?You Really Got Me? to ?Runnin? with the Devil,? ?Dance the Night Away,? ?Oh, Pretty Woman,? ?Unchained,? ?Hot for Teacher,? ?Ice Cream Man,? ?Panama,? guitar-god solo ?Eruption,? ?Ain?t Talkin? ?Bout Love,? ?Jump? and about thirteen more classic Van Halen tunes, the band was in top form for their long-overdue reunion. ?I?m not going to waste time BS-ing around tonight,? Roth told the delighted, sold-out crowd of predominantly middle-aged guys in white- and blue-collar work clothes and gals who?d retrieved their Eighties bustiers for a night of original hair-metal nostalgia. But he was lying: Roth was at his BS best.

His hair may be shorter and crow?s feet longer, but Diamond Dave is every bit the Vegas showman that he was two decades ago, when he left Van Halen for an ill-fated solo career that took him from cheesy bad to train-wreck worse. He showed his gift for gab ? and flamboyant duds ? from the get-go, imitating Mick Jagger and martial arts moves, smiling like a clown, riding a giant microphone. And despite old wounds, his bandmates seemed charmed by their new old lead singer. Eddie Van Halen, switching from his signature Peavey ?Wolfgang? guitar to his old, red- and white-striped ?Frankenstein,? nuzzled up to Roth several times. And drummer Alex Van Halen, sporting his trademark white headband, pounded his kit with a constant smile. If original bassist Michael Anthony was missed at first, it wasn?t long before Eddie?s sixteen-year-old son, Wolfgang Van Halen, had the crowd in the palm of his hands. The teenaged slap-style bass player held his own with style, grace and grit, throwing out picks to the audience as he walked the catwalk into the crowd, his bass in hand, during ?Atomic Punk.? There were some bumps along the way, including a few times when Roth missed his vocal cues, but the audience could not have cared less.

All four members looked healthy and fit, particularly Eddie, who has gone from drug-addict weird to middle-age handsome since the original band?s aborted reunion of 1996. Even young Wolfgang seemed to have lost some of the baby fat he showed in earlier photographs with the band. And then there was Diamond Dave, who has evolved from rock & roll cool to old-Vegas hip with style, grace and his eternally smart sense of flamboyant irony.

?Did this really happen?? Matt Caramella shouted as the house lights went up following the encore, ?Jump.? By then, his tears had mingled with the sweat running down his face from his buzz cut. ?Man, that was like a fucking dream.?

Wow!

I am really excited!
guns_n_motley
« Reply #630 on: September 29, 2007, 10:20:35 AM »

I hope they make a new cd! and add some more dates. I couldnt get to mohegan, boston or worcester
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #631 on: September 29, 2007, 10:32:54 AM »

I hope they make a new cd! and add some more dates. I couldnt get to mohegan, boston or worcester

A new CD would be awesome

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #632 on: September 29, 2007, 10:42:29 AM »

I hope they make it to the UK i'd love to go and see them!

That'd be so cool as they are one of my favourite bands,but i doubt it'll ever happen as they're not that big over here apparantly no
GeraldFord
« Reply #633 on: September 29, 2007, 11:03:51 AM »

At the press conference they were asked about making a new album and Dave said they would after the tour.

Right now things appear to be going great. But keep in mind this is Van Halen. Judging by how the first night went, I think they will finish the tour. However, after that is anyone's guess. I'm really hoping they do record a new CD...but who knows with this band.

Hard to believe it's been almost ten years since the last Van Halen album!

I thought the new songs from 2004 (with Sammy) were kind of lame, but I think Van Hagar was kind of hit-or-miss anyway. But with Dave, every song from every album (including the new songs from 1996) were awesome. So I think this lineup has it in them to do something great.

If they do record a new album, I'm hoping they work with Ted Templeman or maybe Rick Rubin.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #634 on: September 29, 2007, 11:09:51 AM »

If dave keeps his ego in check, and doesnt piss Eddie off, I think they will be fine and there will be one.

there already are the 4-5 songs made in the 2000 sessions with Roth that have never seen the light of day
GeraldFord
« Reply #635 on: September 29, 2007, 11:18:56 AM »

If dave keeps his ego in check, and doesnt piss Eddie off, I think they will be fine and there will be one.

there already are the 4-5 songs made in the 2000 sessions with Roth that have never seen the light of day

I agree, although it's not just DLR that needs to watch his act...

Ed needs to keep sober and not act like a dick either.

Both of these guys have enormous egos...but at this point, if they want to jump-start their career, they need each other. No one cares about Van Hagar in 2007 outside of the die-hards, so going back with Sammy isn't really an option. And a 4th singer in 2008? Forget it.

Dave hasn't had a hit since 1988 and it's been 12 years for VH. Dave and Eddie both need to grow the fuck up, act professional and make a good album. This is their last shot at glory

If the band wants any kind of relevancy -- it needs to be Ed and Dave.

Now that is freakin' sweet!

Does anyone want anymore Van Hagar after that?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 11:21:55 AM by Hillary Clinton » Logged
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #636 on: September 29, 2007, 11:19:12 AM »

At the press conference they were asked about making a new album and Dave said they would after the tour.

Right now things appear to be going great. But keep in mind this is Van Halen. Judging by how the first night went, I think they will finish the tour. However, after that is anyone's guess. I'm really hoping they do record a new CD...but who knows with this band.

Hard to believe it's been almost ten years since the last Van Halen album!

I thought the new songs from 2004 (with Sammy) were kind of lame, but I think Van Hagar was kind of hit-or-miss anyway. But with Dave, every song from every album (including the new songs from 1996) were awesome. So I think this lineup has it in them to do something great.

If they do record a new album, I'm hoping they work with Ted Templeman or maybe Rick Rubin.

remember its gonna be missing mike

html sucks
GeraldFord
« Reply #637 on: September 29, 2007, 11:33:47 AM »

remember its gonna be missing mike

I've taken a 180 on the Mike thing.

While at first I thought this tour had the potential to be cool, I thought something would be missing without MA, but now I am really cool with this lineup.

After seeing those pics, youtube clips and reading the reviews...I don't really care that Mike isn't there.

The band looks awesome, no denying that. VH with Dave and Wolf and without Mike is about a thousand times better than Van Halen with Mike and Sam, that's for sure.

Yes, Eddie was a dick for firing him, but in terms of making a new album? I don't think it will matter. Wolfgang is a Van Halen, so I think he will actually bring more to the table than Mike, in terms of song-writing and overall musicianship.

Eddie said at the press conference "this is the best it's ever been," and maybe, just maybe, for once he wasn't full of shit.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #638 on: September 29, 2007, 11:48:00 AM »

What I dont get is, why is there more of an outcry for replacing Mike than replacing Dave in the 80s??

GeraldFord
« Reply #639 on: September 29, 2007, 11:58:10 AM »

What I dont get is, why is there more of an outcry for replacing Mike than replacing Dave in the 80s??

There were a lot of people who felt VH would fail without DLR. Almost everyone on the VH crew and management went with Dave when he left in 1985.

Also, Mike was fired, whereas Dave quit. So a lot of fans felt that Dave was a dick when he left, whereas Mike is seen as a victim.?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: